Metro Garage Door Co

Founded 1978 • With Angi since September 2000

8175-A Lewis Road

Golden Valley, MN 55427

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We accept remote payment

Metro Garage Door Co. has been providing affordable, same-day service to your community since 1978. We install and repair all styles and brands of garage doors and garage door openers, offering quality residential and commercial products and services at a competitive price. Call now to see why our customers rank Metro as the top garage door repair and installation company in the Greater Twin Cities Metro area. *Please call or email directly for immediate response. Please do not send a message through message center*...

garage doors (1473)door installation (13)

02/22/2021

The previous garage door contractor tried to force me to buy a whole new garage door about 6 months ago, but Jordan, checked on the door and just took about an hour to figure out the problem and fixed it. He replaced some brackets and 2 tracks and the door works perfectly, and he did a great job.

Description of Work
Garage Door Repairs

Work Completed On 02/22/2021

02/16/2021

My garage door stopped closing on a freezing MN morning. Metro Garage Door came to take a look, quoted us $610 to replace our LiftMaster, but could not do anything that day and needed to reschedule. When they left, I called another company, who was available the same day and did the whole job the same day for $350. When I called Metro Garage Door to cancel, they said I owed them $110 for a 10-minu...

Description of Work
Replace LiftMaster Garage Door Opener

Work Completed On 02/16/2021

01/25/2021

Jordan came, assessed everything, gave the opener a thorough check and solved the problem. He was informative, professional, Aplus overall.

Description of Work
Garage door would not close

Work Completed On 01/22/2021

10/22/2020

They did not show up. I scheduled the service by phone on Tuesday, October 22, 2020. They promised the service technician would arrive between noon and 4 pm — a 4 hour window — on Thursday, October 22. They also said I would receive a call 15 minutes before the tech arrived. I called around 1 pm on the 22nd to confirm the tech was still coming before 4. Sam, the female CSR, checked with dispatch a...

Description of Work
Garage door maintenance and repair

Work Completed On 10/22/2020

10/12/2020

It is extremely well and it was great!

Description of Work
Garage Door - Install or Replace.

Work Completed On 09/30/2020

08/31/2020

We absolutely LOVE the Hurricane Master by DAB garage door and LiftMaster door opener. Thom and Jared's exceptional work, price, experience, perfection, and professionalism is beyond reproach. We would recommend them to all in a hear beat.

Description of Work
Hurricane Resistant Garage Door and Opener

Work Completed On 08/31/2020

08/27/2020

It went smooth.... My husband is so happy, can't get him out of the garage.

Description of Work
Garage door

Category doors

Work Completed On 08/18/2020

08/17/2020

Fantastic! Randy called ahead to let me know he was on his way and was right on time. We discussed repairing the existing openers that were 10 years old. He told me about the benefits of newer systems and I chose to replace rather than repair. The job took exactly the amount of time he estimated and the price was fair. Randy helped me find a coupon which reduced the price per unit a bit. I highly ...

Description of Work
Replacement of two garage door openers

Category garage doors,doors

Work Completed On 08/05/2020

08/06/2020

Technician Dana was very skilled, fast, friendly, and helpful. I was very impressed with his skill and work. Excellent value!

Description of Work
Replace springs for the garage door.

Work Completed On 08/06/2020

07/22/2020

Great! They are able to respond quickly, service people are efficient, capable and pleasant. Would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Replace spring, lubricate track, replace cables and install PVC trim around doors.

Work Completed On 07/22/2020

Residential & Commercial - Broken spring & cable replacement. Garage door & opener sales, repair, & maintenance. Garage door panel replacement. Commercial garage door installation, grilles & gates, rolling steel, fire door sales & installations, fire door drop tests.