Complete Building Solutions

Founded 2009 • With Angi since July 2014

2525 Nevada Avenue North Suite 302

Golden Valley, MN 55427

SUPER SERVICE AWARD FOR FOUR CONSECUTIVE YEARS! Complete Building Solution's team of professional engineers and consultants brings residential and commercial structural engineering solutions to our Midwest based clients. We are here to remove the mystery of structural engineering; bridging the gap between construction and engineering in a consumer-friendly way....

structural engineering (67)home inspection (15)architect (14)roofing (9)insulation (3)roof snow removal (2)water damage restoration (2)general contractors (2)lawn care (1)

03/19/2021

I worked with CBS to get structural reports/assessments on multiple commercial buildings that we are installing solar on. Everyone we have talked to and dealt with has been a real pleasure! All team members are personable and professional, all the way from the owner, Rob, to the operations manager, Michelle, to the engineers, Curt and Ernie. This is a top notch company. We will definitely be using...

Description of Work
Structural Assessment for Commercial Solar Installation

Work Completed On 03/19/2021

08/27/2020

The garage floor, it turned out, could not hold a car. There was a room in the basement below, under the garage, and using the garage to put a car in was not safe.

Description of Work
Needed an engineer to see if a garage floor had ontegrity

Category home inspection,structural engineer,architect

Work Completed On 08/03/2020

We are grateful we were able to provide a professional opinion on your garage structure and related concerns. Good luck on the project and don't hesitate to call if you need any more engineering needs.

07/15/2020

This team went above and beyond. I had dozens of questions about the structure of a newly purchased house and they even came back a week later when more of the house was opened up to assess and provide solutions to a load bearing wall. Every staff member i interacted with was pleasant and professional. Amazing value and great people to work with!

Description of Work
Provide structural information on house.

Category architect

Work Completed On 07/15/2020

Thank you for your review! We are glad you our Complete Building Solutions Engineers and Admin staff were able to give you peace of mind and great service! We appreciate your business. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any other engineering needs.

07/13/2020

These guys are fantastic. I initially requested more information from their website and Rob called me right away, giving me all the information and answers I could think of. From there, I got into contact with Michelle, a wonderfully nice person, who set up my appointment and got the ball rolling. Steve was the engineer who came to my house and went above and beyond in helping me plan and design t...

Description of Work
Basement slab replacement with a foundation that has no footing + interior French Drain, main floor wall tear down, and egress window.

Category structural engineer,architect

Work Completed On 07/01/2020

[Member Name Removed], thank you for the kind review. We appreciate your feedback. It was a pleasure to perform your structural engineering needs for your renovation. Hoping we hear from you again if and when you have any structural engineering needs.

07/09/2020

With a 120 year old house. I wanted to get a professional opinion in the event of remodel, etc. The services from my initial scheduling appointment through the actual assessing was top notch. They came recommended by my realtor and I felt that CBS delivered. I would highly recommend this professional company.

Description of Work
checking structure

Work Completed On 07/08/2020

[Member Name Removed]it was a pleasure to help your structural engineering with your remodel. Thank you for the nice review.

05/28/2020

It was great! The 2 gentlemen that came in were very knowledgeable and polite. They worked quickly and efficiently and had their report to me within a day.

Description of Work
Inspection of a load bearing wall to be taken down with a report for necessary requirements in order for the stability and integrity of the house to be maintained

Category contractors,structural engineer,architect

Work Completed On 05/27/2020

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for the review. Good luck and hopefully the remodel process is going well.

05/04/2020

"CBS" was very accommodating to my schedule. They were professional and very helpful explaining to me what I could and could not do regarding my kitchen remodel.

Description of Work
I am in the process of remodeling my kitchen. My hope is to expand the kitchen wall. I needed a structural engineer's opinion regarding removing a wall or two.

Category architect

Work Completed On 05/04/2020

[Member Name Removed], thank you for the kind review. We appreciate the feedback. It was a pleasure to perform the structural engineering for your remodel.

03/02/2020

I'm very happy with CBS. Bernie and Curt showed up on time, worked very carefully, and explained how to move forward very clearly (and I had many questions). Later, when I had an issue, Bernie was helpful on the phone. I'd recommend to others.

Description of Work
We needed an assessment of whether it would be possible to remove load bearing wall, and a strategy for doing so.

Category remodeling,structural engineer

Work Completed On 01/27/2020

[Member Name Removed], thank you for the opportunity to help you on your project. We are happy we could provide you with the structural engineering you needed. Please feel free to reach out with any future needs.

02/28/2020

They did just great, figured it out in probably less than 30 minutes and got us a write up in one business day. Nice guys, professional, great turn-around; would hire again.

Description of Work
Needed to see of a wall was load bearing before demolition.

Work Completed On 02/17/2020

[Member Name Removed], thank you for the review! We do our best to provide our clients with quick & effective structural engineering solutions so you can keep your project moving! Please feel free to call with any future structural needs.

02/14/2020

I can’t say enough fantastic things about this team. I hired them to do a structural assessment/plans for my long-awaited home renovation. To start, Rob contacted me after my inquiry within the same business day. At that point I had gotten a few quotes and found their pricing to be the most reasonable. In staying with the theme of responsiveness, to keep my project on schedule, I needed plans back...

Description of Work
Structural Assessment and Plans

Work Completed On 02/06/2020

[Member Name Removed], it was a pleasure working with you. We are so glad we could make your experience working with a structural engineer a positive one. Please let us know how we can help in the future. Thank you for the review!

Structural engineering services for residential & commercial properties, structural drawings, Inspections (Soils to roof including load bearing walls, foundation, wall/ceiling cracks, uneven floors, retaining walls, heat loss, etc), Attic inspections, Roof inspections, Ice dam elimination, Building engineering services, Moisture intrusion elimination, Walkway and driveway heaving, Project management, Storm damage, Construction defect

Snow removal