Complete Building Solutions

Founded 2009 • With Angi since July 2014

SUPER SERVICE AWARD FOR FOUR CONSECUTIVE YEARS! Complete Building Solution's team of professional engineers and consultants brings residential and commercial structural engineering solutions to our Midwest based clients. We are here to remove the mystery of structural engineering; bridging the gap between construction and engineering in a consumer-friendly way....

structural engineering (70)home inspection (16)architect (14)roofing (9)insulation (3)general contractors (3)roof snow removal (2)water damage restoration (2)lawn care (1)

10/26/2021

Gabriel E.

Good! I was a bit disappointed that I was billed for a full 2 hour segment when the assessment only took 20 minutes. This was a policy I was given on the phone ahead of time, so I can't dock them too much, though I was told there would be some leniency if the work was finished faster than expected.

Description of Work
Garage Structural Analysis

Category home inspection, structural engineer

Work Completed On 10/26/2021

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for your feedback. The 2 hours includes everything from travel, site visit, engineering and report.

09/16/2021

Andy R.

CBS sent Travis to provide the floor inspection and report. Travis is a highly competent professional engineer and civil engineering professor at a local university. Travis inspected the bouncy floor and provided a clear and concise report with straight forward recommendations for how to strengthen the joists. While inspecting the site, Travis also took the time to answer my questions and provide valuable feedback based on his general observations. I am very pleased with the outcome and would hire CBS again for any future work.

Description of Work
I needed an engineer to inspect a floor and provide recommendations for strengthening undersized floor joists

Work Completed On 08/19/2021

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for the review and feedback. We are happy to assist in solving your concern.

08/05/2021

James B.

Excellent! Very happy customer. I called on a Tuesday and Michelle scheduled a Draftsman to come out the following Tuesday. Doug was professional and efficient and the drafting was reviewed and approved within 3 weeks - I now have a Engineer Stamped approval that meets all city codes. Thank you CBS!!!

Description of Work
Season porch engineering and drawing

Category contractors, remodeling, structural engineer

Work Completed On 08/03/2021

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure to work with you. Enjoy your new porch.

03/19/2021

Leah J.

I worked with CBS to get structural reports/assessments on multiple commercial buildings that we are installing solar on. Everyone we have talked to and dealt with has been a real pleasure! All team members are personable and professional, all the way from the owner, Rob, to the operations manager, Michelle, to the engineers, Curt and Ernie. This is a top notch company. We will definitely be using them again!

Description of Work
Structural Assessment for Commercial Solar Installation

Work Completed On 03/19/2021

08/27/2020

Diane F.

The garage floor, it turned out, could not hold a car. There was a room in the basement below, under the garage, and using the garage to put a car in was not safe.

Description of Work
Needed an engineer to see if a garage floor had ontegrity

Category home inspection, structural engineer, architect

Work Completed On 08/03/2020

We are grateful we were able to provide a professional opinion on your garage structure and related concerns. Good luck on the project and don't hesitate to call if you need any more engineering needs.

07/15/2020

Seth V.

This team went above and beyond. I had dozens of questions about the structure of a newly purchased house and they even came back a week later when more of the house was opened up to assess and provide solutions to a load bearing wall. Every staff member i interacted with was pleasant and professional. Amazing value and great people to work with!

Description of Work
Provide structural information on house.

Category architect

Work Completed On 07/15/2020

Thank you for your review! We are glad you our Complete Building Solutions Engineers and Admin staff were able to give you peace of mind and great service! We appreciate your business. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any other engineering needs.

07/13/2020

Brandon G.

These guys are fantastic. I initially requested more information from their website and Rob called me right away, giving me all the information and answers I could think of. From there, I got into contact with Michelle, a wonderfully nice person, who set up my appointment and got the ball rolling. Steve was the engineer who came to my house and went above and beyond in helping me plan and design the renovations I was looking into. After receiving my report, I had come up with a new question or 3 and after getting into contact with Michelle again, Steve quickly called me back and "dropped everything" to get me the extra information and answers, including diagrams, I needed in order to proceed with the extra bit of work I was looking at adding to the project. I cannot stress enough, if you are looking to do anything that requires a Structural Engineer, Complete Building Solutions will make sure you are taken care of!

Description of Work
Basement slab replacement with a foundation that has no footing + interior French Drain, main floor wall tear down, and egress window.

Category structural engineer, architect

Work Completed On 07/01/2020

[Member Name Removed], thank you for the kind review. We appreciate your feedback. It was a pleasure to perform your structural engineering needs for your renovation. Hoping we hear from you again if and when you have any structural engineering needs.

07/09/2020

Roberta A.

With a 120 year old house. I wanted to get a professional opinion in the event of remodel, etc. The services from my initial scheduling appointment through the actual assessing was top notch. They came recommended by my realtor and I felt that CBS delivered. I would highly recommend this professional company.

Description of Work
checking structure

Work Completed On 07/08/2020

[Member Name Removed]it was a pleasure to help your structural engineering with your remodel. Thank you for the nice review.

05/28/2020

Theresa D.

It was great! The 2 gentlemen that came in were very knowledgeable and polite. They worked quickly and efficiently and had their report to me within a day.

Description of Work
Inspection of a load bearing wall to be taken down with a report for necessary requirements in order for the stability and integrity of the house to be maintained

Category contractors, structural engineer, architect

Work Completed On 05/27/2020

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for the review. Good luck and hopefully the remodel process is going well.

05/04/2020

Jamie A.

"CBS" was very accommodating to my schedule. They were professional and very helpful explaining to me what I could and could not do regarding my kitchen remodel.

Description of Work
I am in the process of remodeling my kitchen. My hope is to expand the kitchen wall. I needed a structural engineer's opinion regarding removing a wall or two.

Category architect

Work Completed On 05/04/2020

[Member Name Removed], thank you for the kind review. We appreciate the feedback. It was a pleasure to perform the structural engineering for your remodel.

03/02/2020

Brian H.

I'm very happy with CBS. Bernie and Curt showed up on time, worked very carefully, and explained how to move forward very clearly (and I had many questions). Later, when I had an issue, Bernie was helpful on the phone. I'd recommend to others.

Description of Work
We needed an assessment of whether it would be possible to remove load bearing wall, and a strategy for doing so.

Category remodeling, structural engineer

Work Completed On 01/27/2020

[Member Name Removed], thank you for the opportunity to help you on your project. We are happy we could provide you with the structural engineering you needed. Please feel free to reach out with any future needs.

02/28/2020

Guy C.

They did just great, figured it out in probably less than 30 minutes and got us a write up in one business day. Nice guys, professional, great turn-around; would hire again.

Description of Work
Needed to see of a wall was load bearing before demolition.

Work Completed On 02/17/2020

[Member Name Removed], thank you for the review! We do our best to provide our clients with quick & effective structural engineering solutions so you can keep your project moving! Please feel free to call with any future structural needs.

02/14/2020

Suzanne B.

I can’t say enough fantastic things about this team. I hired them to do a structural assessment/plans for my long-awaited home renovation. To start, Rob contacted me after my inquiry within the same business day. At that point I had gotten a few quotes and found their pricing to be the most reasonable. In staying with the theme of responsiveness, to keep my project on schedule, I needed plans back within about a week, and to my joy, they delivered! Before this, hiring a structural engineer seemed daunting, but they made it easy. Everyone - Rob, the engineers (Miguel & Steve) and Michelle, (their operations manager) were so accommodating and friendly. If the thought of hiring a structural engineer stresses you out, call CBS. If you hire them I think you’ll understand why I’ve given them such high praise 😊

Description of Work
Structural Assessment and Plans

Work Completed On 02/06/2020

[Member Name Removed], it was a pleasure working with you. We are so glad we could make your experience working with a structural engineer a positive one. Please let us know how we can help in the future. Thank you for the review!

12/04/2019

Ben A.

Excellent engineers. Had them do a home inspection before I bought my home, they found issues I would not have otherwise known about and saved us thousands of dollars. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Home inspection

Category home inspection, structural engineer

Work Completed On 12/04/2019

Thank you for the opportunity! We are grateful that our inspection helped shed light on the existing issues and that you were able to save some money on the home purchase! Please feel free to call with any future engineering needs.

10/20/2019

Johnny H.

Excellent. We called Bruce desperate on a Sunday morning and he called us right back. Then he and his structural expert Bruce reviewed our architectural plans asap and contacted us with a solution within two days. And this was all done for free, as we needed an expert opinion asap as to how to move forward. I would definitely have employed their services if we hadn't been able to negotiate a solution between our teams, and will look to them next time for help. Highly professional, attentive and transparent.

Description of Work
To confirm that our architectural plans met both structural engineering and building framing standards.

Category remodeling, structural engineer, architect

Work Completed On 08/25/2019

[Member Name Removed], we were happy to help. We understand how time sensitive some of these things are. Please let us know if you have any future engineering needs:)

09/23/2019

CATHERINE H.

The review was very thorough and they answered the many questions I had. The report was what I needed to feel confident about moving forward with extensive remodeling work. Also, Curt and Bernie were very friendly and I enjoyed their humor.

Description of Work
Evalutate a foundation and structural componenets of home prior to remodeling

Work Completed On 09/11/2019

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for your kind review. We enjoyed working with you on your remodeling project.

08/20/2019

Jerry R.

Engineer was responsive, on time and very thorough. Costly service but provides me with good information which is reassuring.

Description of Work
Evaluate structural integrity of house.

Work Completed On 08/19/2019

[Member Name Removed], it was great working with you. We are so happy we could bring you solid information and peace of mind.

06/20/2019

David R.

This was a surprisingly smooth experience. Someone responded right away to my request. I reviewed my use case (can I tear down a wall and open up my house?). I had engineer on site within four days of requesting information a verbal report from an engineer within four days of my requesting information. Very professional in all interactions. I knew what my cost range would be whether my was load bearing or not. Overall a very pleasant interaction.

Description of Work
Needed to determine if a wall was load bearing

Work Completed On 06/20/2019

[Member Name Removed], it was great working with you. We appreciate your business and feedback.

06/05/2019

Bert S.

We had some questions about a deck project. Safety is a big factor with our family. The team at CBS was very easy to work with, provided great solutions and gave us the peace of mind to move forward with our project. I highly recommend them for any structural engineering questions.

Description of Work
Structural evaluation of a Deck

Category remodeling, structural engineer, architect

Work Completed On 06/05/2019

[Member Name Removed], thank you for the feedback. Knowing if your deck is built to code or not is priceless information. We are glad we could bring you solutions and peace of mind.

04/27/2019

Debbie L.

They were awesome. As soon as I requested a quote through Angie's List from Complete Building Solutions - they responded with an email and phone message from Rob. He was very easy to talk to and even though they were busy he took the time to talk. We were in no rush but they came out within a week ( Bruce Polaczyn and Curt Martinson) and came out. They were very professional and knowledgeable and spent time talking with us and explaining the process and what we might be able to do and then with a few days we had the report. I was very impressed and would recommend them to anyone who needed their services.

Description of Work
We wanted to move a support pole in the basement and needed to know if we could.

Work Completed On 04/23/2019

[Member Name Removed], thank you for the kind words. It is always good to know your options when you are remodeling. We are glad we could help with your structural needs.

04/09/2019

Josh J.

Well done, good instructions on what needed to be done.

Description of Work
Load Bearing Wall

Work Completed On 04/08/2019

[Member Name Removed], we are glad you found our scope user friendly. It was great doing business with you.

03/05/2019

Leah S.

The engineers showed up right on time (early in fact). They cleaned up after looking in the attic and were 100% professional. They even took the time to explain why they came to the conclusion they did.

Description of Work
Check to see if a wall was load bearing.

Work Completed On 02/28/2019

[Member Name Removed], we are so happy we could help you with your structural needs. It was a pleasure doing business with you.

03/01/2019

Carmen H.

I needed quick advice on a structural foundation concern, and Complete Building Solutions provided very knowledgeable and responsive guidance and help after hours. I would totally recommend them and plan to use them for repair work in the future.

Description of Work
Wonderful guidance and knowledge