Howell Heating

Founded 2004 • With Angi since September 2012

Contact-Free Service calls

We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We accept remote payment

Howell Heating is a full service residential and light commercial heating and air conditioning company. We offer HVAC services and installation of furnaces, air conditioners, humidifiers, filtration systems and any other indoor air quality needs you may have. We believe in old-fashioned service, always treating our customers fair and supporting our community....

FOUR SEASON AIR SPECIALISTS, INC.

We are proud to offer a wide range of services, performed by professionally-trained and certified technicians and designed to meet every customers’ home comfort needs exactly. 6 employees, free estimates, no travel charges, we use licensed electricians and plumbers. 41 years in business.

Total Comfort

We sell different. We service different. Experience the Total Comfort difference, since 1956. If you’re in need of heating and cooling services in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area, Total Comfort is a skilled, award-winning HVAC company that can solve all your needs! From AC repair to furnace replacement, HVAC maintenance, and more, we are here to provide you with trustworthy, quality, affordable HVAC services in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area, from Brooklyn Park to Eden Prairie and everywhere in between! Since 1956, we’ve been doing whatever it takes to ensure each of our customers are 100% satisfied with their heating and cooling service. As a locally owned, customer-focused company, providing honest, quality work to our neighbors in Minneapolis-St. Paul is our #1 goal. Every job we do is performed with respect and courtesy, leaving you satisfied in a more comfortable home! For unparalleled HVAC services, experience the Total Comfort difference now! For top-quality products and service from technicians with the latest industry knowledge, contact us today.

Offers by Total Comfort on Angi
DuctWorks Heating & Air Conditioning, LLC

DuctWorks is a small locally owned business. We are licensed, bonded and insured in Minneapolis, Golden Valley and surrounding suburbs. All employees have background checks completed. The following financing options are available: 18 Months Same As Cash - No payments or interest for 18 months!! - other options available - please inquire!

Offers by DuctWorks Heating & Air Conditioning, LLC on Angi

01/27/2021

Zach was prompt, polite and profesional. Would highly recomend this service

Description of Work
Replaced old furnace

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the review [Member Name Removed]! Being a small, local shop, we are always truly grateful for recommendations from happy homeowners like you! If you have any future HVAC needs, don't hesitate to call!

09/07/2020

Zack came out the next day and fixed the problem in 15 minutes. Works great! Very happy I called them!

Description of Work
Air Conditioner not working

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,gas leak repair

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! I appreciate you taking the time to leave this great review. If there is ever anything else you need don't hesitate to call.

06/05/2019

Prompt response for a quote. Best price for the same equipment as others. The installation was quick and very professional.

Description of Work
Installed new air conditioner

02/17/2018

Zach was very responsive, honest and good priced. I would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
I have them come to give me a second opinion on the need for cleaning 2 coils. First company way overcharged and gave inaccurate list of work to be done.

12/06/2017

Our furnace was making a very loud shaking sound every time the heat kicked on. In the past we had used a larger regional shop for maintenance but they were booked for weeks so I decided to search Angie's List for a local shop hoping to get it fixed sooner. Despite it being the week of Thanksgiving Zack answered on the first call and was able to get out a couple days later. Upon inspection he realized we needed a new assembly and got the part ordered for our older furnace, coming back early the following week to install it. We found him very professional, clean, and responsive. My wife and young child were home during the services calls and we're totally comfortable with him. And he didn't charge us for coming out twice, combining the inspection and repair into one call - something the larger shop we had used in the past didn't do. Our neighbors from down the road actually texted my wife having seen his van in the driveway and said they had used him for a repair a couple weeks prior and we're happy with the service as well. We'll definitely use him again for any heating or AC needs we have in the future. Thanks, Zack!

Description of Work
Inducer Assembly

07/08/2017

Initially he came out and replaced our thermostats and circuit board. Everything went well but it seemed like dampers for zones were not working. I called him to have him come verify that it was all hooked up correctly and telling the dampers to open and close. Upon his arrival he immediately discovered they were stuck and needed to be replaced. He said the price would be around $600 I said ok and asked if I owed anything for his brief visit and he stated I owed $102. I questioned that because he was coming back to verify his work I expected to pay him for his time but thought that was a bit expensive for a 5 minute visit seeing I already spend $800 with him and was going to be spending another $600. He immediately got very upset and made me feel so uncomfortable in my own home with my 3 little children there. He stormed out and told me to hire a different company. I truly to this day do not know why he acted like this. I was literally writing the check out to him when he got so upset. I Have never felt so uncomfortable with a person in my home and will never have a man come in my home again unless my husband is home. It startled me that much. It was very disappointing as i previously told my neighbors what a great guy he was and how nice it was to find a good company like his. I now take that back.

Description of Work
Replace thermostats with new wifi thermostats

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

I recently came across this review and for the sake of clarity and for the reputation of my family business, I decided I would like to have my side heard as well: [Member Name Removed]called me last winter with questions about thermostats. After discussing at great length her options, she told me she would just buy her own thermostats from the big box store and have me install them. I explained to her that I could not warranty any product that I didn't supply, which she understood and we scheduled a time. The install of the new thermostats along with a zone panel, on Feb 13th, 2017, went exactly as planned. The total she paid for the job was $461, for everything, which I still believe is a very fair price. Four months later I received a phone call in which the customer accused me of not doing the job correctly. She stated that the thermostats were not working, that I had probably installed something incorrectly and that she wanted me to come out and check. I tried to explain that the thermostats had worked properly over the winter, and that it didn't sound like a thermostat issue to me, but that I would be happy to come out and look at the system. Despite her lack of trust in my previous work and my schedule being booked solid, I went out to her house to take a look. After inspecting the system, I found a problem with the zone dampers. The damper issue was not caused by thermostats and was an entirely different problem. I explained to [Member Name Removed]what I had found and what it would take to remedy her problem. Throughout the phone calls and that days service call the customer repeatedly questioned my ability to do my job properly and made multiple veiled accusations that I was way too expensive. When she asked me what it would cost for the days visit, I told her "$102 for the service call". She again made frustrated comments about the cost. As she was starting to write the check I realized that I was not good fit for her as a contractor. She didn't trust my skill, my knowledge or my prices. So I told her "You know what, never mind, I am not charging you for the service call. I think you should find a different contractor. Please just call another company." I picked up my tool bucket, my paperwork and I left. I didn't leave upset or angry, I never once raised my voice. I just turned around and walked out the door. I am sincerely sorry that she felt startled at how abruptly I left, that was certainly not my intent. I also have a wife and daughter at home and would never intentionally make a homeowner feel uncomfortable. The way she was acting towards me, I honestly assumed she'd be relieved to not have to pay the bill and happy to use be able to use a different contractor. I work hard to be professional, to be skilled at my trade and to earn a living for my family. I work REALLY hard to earn the trust and satisfaction of each of my customers. I am disappointed that I was not able to provide the level and quality of service that [Member Name Removed]wanted and I do sincerely hope she was able to find a better fit in an HVAC contractor. - Zack Howell, Owner

07/24/2016

Our air conditioning unit stopped working during a heat spell. I contacted Zack at Howell heating who said he was very busy but would attempt to get to us in a couple of days. He called the next day and got our unit running again. because our A/C unit is 14 years old and statistically and potentially nearing the end of its life I inquired about replacing the unit versus repairing. Zack gave me a quote to repair it, put in a part, would need to order others to complete the job. He never mentioned replacing the unit, i inquired, he never tried to sell me on replacing. My impression was that he truly wanted to get us up and running and make the customer happy. In the end after research and phone calls i chose to replace our unit. I scored Zack an A in everything. Know that I could have shopped around and attempted to find a cheaper install. But in the end my research revealed he was on the low end of average. Because of his forth right communication, open communication and laid back customer service driven personality Zack gets an A in all categories. I recommend him highly for any heating and air conditioning needs.

Description of Work
Air conditioning repair/replacement for my home

06/22/2016

He came in and did a complete removal/upgrade of my ancient unit. He had to drill extra holes to make everything up to code and made sure everything was sealed and clean before he left. When he came out to inspect our ancient unit, he was very honest and upfront about it. He gave us options and didn't try to up sell us to the most expensive model. He was able to answer all my questions and I felt at ease.

Description of Work
Removed old AC Unit and replaced with new unit

06/10/2016

It went so well that we will never use any other company besides Howell. Zack is a Rock Star of epic proportions. He was on time, professional, knowledgeable, educational, efficient, meticulous, honest and hard working. Zack is our guy until the end of time. He showed up handled the business at hand and it was evident that he is passionate about his craft and truly cares about the customer. We initially had another company come out to diagnose our issue and the quote was almost $400 to repair. We called Zack from Howell for a second opinion, he came out and charged us a mili-fraction of that. The bill totaled $102.00. What a gift! Thanks Howell Heating & Air!!

Description of Work
Provider helped us with an a/c issue and did a stellar job.

11/03/2015

Howell Heating 2009 W. Broadway Ave., Forest Lake, MN 55025 Zach and his helper showed up on time and completed the replacement in about 5 1/2 hours. He had estimated 5 hours. They cleaned up afterwards and made sure the furnace was working. We had had a change in our plans/date for the furnace installation and Zach was able to accommodate us. So we were not without heat for long. We also had options for type of furnace and we choose the one that seemed best for us. There were less expensive and more expensive ones to choose from. I waited a week to do this review to make sure everything was working the way it was supposed to work. It has been. Heat distribution seems much better and the house seems overall more comfortable. The noise difference between our 80% efficient furnace and the new 96%, is dramatic. We can barely hear the new furnace when it kicks on and starts to wrap up. Old one sounded like a jet engine. We haven't had a real cold snap yet, that will be the real test, but we are confident it will work well. Thanks Zach for your help.

Description of Work
replaced our dysfunctional furnace

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We specialize in repairing, installing, and maintaining furnaces, air conditioners, heat pumps, humidifiers, thermostats, air purifiers and more.

We do not perform air duct cleaning.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available, PayPal