Dryer Vent Wizard of St. Paul

Founded 2005 • With Angi since July 2007

19456 Ellington Tr

Farmington, MN 55024

Best dryer vent issue solution company on the planet. We diagnose and correct any issues regarding dryer vents. A simple cleaning to a complete replacement or new installation. Replace a vent cover, remove a bird or rodent, up on a hard to reach roof or sidewall. We have discount pricing for commercial work and multi-unit work. Folks love our service. Transitional vent and installation experts. Award winning, single focus dryer vent company....

12/29/2020

Jacquelyn B.

Prompt arrival; competent replacement of vent.

Description of Work
Replace dryer vent. Attach to roof.

07/26/2020

Julie W.

The technician called 30 minutes in advance to let me know he was on the way. Finished the work and cleaned up the mess of lint outside thoroughly. Very pleasant and competent work.

Description of Work
Routine cleanout of dryer vent.

08/28/2018

Thomas F.

Work done quickly and efficiently. Worker arrived on time and repaired and cleaned dryer vent.

Description of Work
Repair/clean dryer vent

04/21/2018

Kathy L.

It went great. This same organization replaced the dryer vent we had in the home four years ago and were out to clean it last week.

Description of Work
Clean out vent

12/28/2017

NEAL Y.

Charged extra because the exterior of the dryer vent was under deck. I understand that it was inconvenient, so I grin and bear it since I've not had the vent cleaned in several years. Next time, I may just have them only do it from the inside.

Description of Work
Cleaning clogged dryer vent

10/25/2017

Jon L.

fine except they weren't real interested in repair vent pipe, so we left it

Description of Work
clean vent and replace small piece of dryer vent pipe

09/18/2017

Trent G.

They were punctual and professional. The work went very fast.

Description of Work
Our dryer vent required cleaning from the dryer to the roof vent.

09/05/2017

Joyce G.

He did an excellent job! We are relatively new to this home and believe this was probably the first time the dryer vents had been cleaned. He replaced the rodent trap as well. We found out that he came directly from his dental appointment, which was very nice of him. He left no mess and did everything externally and we would highly recommend his services to others.

Description of Work
I hired them to clean our dryer vents.

08/28/2017

Jack C.

Mark arrived on time and showed me where the vent were in my new home. He worked efficiently and got the job done quickly. Mark even showed me a picture of "what came out". Yikes.

Description of Work
1. Hook the dryer vent from the floor to the dryer 2. Dryer vent cleaning

06/18/2017

John H.

He did a good job cleaning from roof down to back side of dryer blower. Because it required a ladder the cost was an extra $180? for total of $270 (it was excessive). I had to push him to vacuum out the dryer on the front side of the blower( ie, inside the dryer). He said that usually was an added cost. But he did for "free". Really? I feel I was charged at least double what that job should have cost. He charged me for his training to use a ladder. A service man needing the customer to pay $200 to train him to climb 1 story to a gently sloping roof to the vent. This work was done last fall.

Description of Work
They vacuumed dryer vent from roof exit down to backside of dryer blower motor.

05/15/2017

Daniel W.

This was money well spent in every way, getting much-needed cleaning and maintenance done. When Carl arrived, I pointed out some cracking issues in the wall on the other side of the dryer. He quickly knew what the issue was -- ducts inside the wall that had likely come undone and were venting moist dryer air into the wall. There actually turned out to be some issues from original construction or dryer installation that he was able to easily fix. It was all done for a reasonable charge in about an hour. I'd really just planned on getting the vents cleaned and didn't think I'd be addressing a persistent construction issue I've been putting off dealing with. Definitely give him an A+ rating!

Description of Work
I needed a simple dryer vent cleaning from the roof down into the machine as it hadn't been done in quite some time.

Category air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning

04/24/2017

Charles V.

Excellent. This was causing my dryer to overheat and it's been working great since the repair.

Description of Work
Replaced my exterior vent with a new vent.

03/21/2017

Tamara P.

Great. I got same day service and they fixed the blockage quickly and efficiently.

Description of Work
Dryer vent cleaning

12/08/2016

Sue B.

I always cringe when I have to have work done on my townhouse. This repair was the best experience I have had. Carl called ahead and arrived early. We discussed options and he informed me about potential issues. He gave me a price quote and the final bill was less then quoted. After the work was complete, he took an air flow measurement. It was low but within the acceptable guidelines. I have a very long dryer vent. He informed me that my clothes might not dry well. Good news, I did three loads of laundry and each load dried in under 40 minutes. Which is normal for my machine. He also informed me with what he had found and the how he fixed the issue. As for price, I thought the price was reasonable for the excellent quality of work I received. Carl cleaned up the lint after he was done and was very respectful of my house. Thank you for making this repair.

Description of Work
Partial replacement of dryer vent and cleaning.

11/21/2016

Joyce G.

See above, I did not go with their bid as it was outlandish and would never recommend them.

Description of Work
I had them come out to clean my dryer vent. The young man assessed and told me the vent was not up to code and I'll need it replaced. He said the brush used to clean vent would tear the vent apart. I was fine with that assessment. I asked him for a bid to replace the vent. After 20 minutes or so in his car, he came back with a bid of $800 to replace. I about fell off my chair. $490 for 22" of vent and labor, then multiple costs for parts. I said I needed to think about it, and asked for a copy of the bid. He said I could not have it. After he left I googled how to replace a dryer vent. It is very easy. I also looked at Home Depot and they sell kits for $20. So how in the world do you come up with an $800 estimate??? I feel like they were taking advantage of a woman whom they thought had stupid printed on her forehead. I've gone to Home Depot and purchased my vent for $20. I'll do it myself. Very disappointed that Warner Stallion recommend this company.

Category dryer vent cleaning

[Member Name Removed], I see by your response that you were not happy with our assessment of your venting situation. More that you were not pleased with our price quote. That is why we tell you exactly what the cost will be in writing, before we do any work. Please call me and I will further explain how a price quote is arrived at. I hope i would be able to help you understand how we price vent installation and/or replacement. You would pay what anyone in the country would pay. We work from a flat rate price book. Perhaps another quote from another company would be in order.

11/07/2016

michael E.

We were very pleased with the work done as stated above. We also received $10.00 off the price using the Angie's List coupon.

Description of Work
Dryer was taking too long to dry cloths. Service Provider (SP) cleaned the venting from outside the house using a power rototype brush. SP also used a different power rototype brush to clean the inside of the dryer so that the hot air could flow better through the small holes from the dryer's gas heater to the cloths. Most importantly, SP fixed the connection from the dryer to the wall venting tubing. This existing connection was falling apart because the prior service provider had used regular duct tape instead of aluminum duct tape used by the SP. The regular duct tape had totally worn out allowing much of the used dryer air to vent within the laundry instead of allowing the dryer air to properly pass outside the house through the outside venting tubes.

10/09/2016

James C.

The service provider showed up on time, was very congenial and professional, and completed the work as requested. It was a very windy day but he still went up on the roof and cleaned the vent (as opposed to going into the attic and cleaning from their), which I appreciated as the access to the attic has never been used and is very well sealed.

Description of Work
Cleaning of the dryer vent.

05/13/2016

Suzie M.

He was very courteous and professional. Our dryer wasn't that bad, but he did shorten the vent as it was coiled behind the dryer. Now it is a straight vent out.

Description of Work
Cleaned out dryer vent.

01/08/2016

Kirsten J.

Awesome. Provider explained what needed to be done and why and gave me a cost estimate before they did anything. The duct work coming from the dryer needed replacing and to be brought up to code. It was considered major because it included a couple turns. He did that first and then tackled the dryer vent cleaning which really needed it. The length of my duct work to the outside was extra long (it traverses the entire width of my town home). Finally, he retrieved the grabber tool I dropped down the lint screen slot in my attempt to remove the cat toy that fell down there. Then by pulling off the back of the unit he was able to remove said cat toy that had fallen all the way down by the fan! While he had the back of the dryer apart he did some minor de-linting too. This is not something they typically do-they specialize in vent issues- so I was thrilled that they were able to do this which meant I did not need to call someone else! The reason for the B grade on punctuality was because of a scheduling glitch. But, they had a technician at my house within two hours of the original time. They were prompt about resolving this issue and very apologetic about the mix up. I would absolutely use Dryer Vent Wizards again. Professional, prompt and price was very reasonable for the amount of work performed.

Description of Work
Dryer vent cleaning and major transition repair of the duct coming directly from the dryer and lets not forget the cat toy retrieval from the lint screen slot.

Category air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning

11/02/2015

Brian B.

Tested the air flow thru the vent. Explained that the vent was mostly clogged (which is what caused my dryer to blow the heating element). Cleaned the vent and tested the air flow again. Cleaned up the dryer lint that ended up in the yard following the cleaning. I was able to get the cleaning at a cost of $129 by purchasing a coupon via Angie's List (regular price was around $150 I believe). Because the cost to fix my dryer was definitely more than that, I will have the vent cleaned every one to two years.

Description of Work
Cleaned dryer vent

Category appliance repair, air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning

09/08/2015

Emily M.

Professional, prompt, efficient, and let us know the cost of options before we decided. Good experience!

Description of Work
Cleaned and put a new cover on our vent after a chipmunk had crawled in and died.

09/07/2015

WALTER M.

Carl was friendly, efficient and answered all my questions while working quietly and quickly. He cleaned up after he finished and told us to call if we had problems or questions.

Description of Work
We live in a three story condo. Carl removed a booster fan attached to the vent pipe that runs from our first floor unit to the roof. Cleaned the pipes inside our cramped laundry, made sure the booster was working and cleaned as far up from the laundry as he could get. He also went up on the roof and worked on the vent stack and box which all the six condos in the building use. When he finished the dryer again worked as it should (it had been working very inefficiently).

08/19/2015

MARGARET M.

We knew we had at least two dead chipmunks in our dryer. We had already found that the outside vent cover had come loose, and we had fixed that. But our house stunk! We called and they came within a day of the call, having squeezed us in due to the dead critter situation. Mike was the tech - he found the dead guys quickly in the lower part of the vent and disposed of that entire section of pipe. He replaced that part, then went outside to make sure the outside cover was secure. Mike cleaned the entire vent, and then added an additional 'cage' over the existing cover to provide more protection. I asked how often we should get the vent cleaned, and Mike gave a recommendation based on our level of usage. Very professional and timely, and remarkably tolerant of the smell! Thank you, Mike!

Description of Work
Removed dead chipmunks from vent and cleaned vent.

06/19/2015

BRENT P.

We recently purchased a home and had a new washer and dryer installed. Quickly realized that the dryer vent had some sort of blockage and called Dryer Vent Wizard at the recommendation of our installer. I spoke to Carl and scheduled their earliest appointment. During my conversation with Carl I asked what a "typical" dryer vent cleaning would cost and although he answered rather vaguely, I was given the impression that barring some major issue, I'd be paying around $100. When the tech arrived (called ahead and was on time, which I appreciated), I was immediately put off by his demeanor - he was vague about what he needed to do and spent close to 15 minutes warning me of all the issues he may find before even doing anything. This included asking to see the basement (laundry room is on main floor), walking around house and sliding empty washer a couple of feet away from wall to access dryer). At this point I had no issue - everything he was doing seemed appropriate - but in hindsight I think he was laying the groundwork for my inflated final bill. Actual cleaning of vent took less that 10 minutes and despite the amount of lint left all over my yard, I feel that it was cleaned well. Charge for the 10 minute cleaning was $178 - yikes. I was also told that the piece of vent exiting my laundry room wall and attaching to my dryer wasn't up to code and that he could replace it. I showed him a kit we had already purchased (for less that $30 and contained many more pieces) and he said he had a better fitting one. My fault for not asking cost, but I assumed it couldn't be more than $50, including installation (which took 5 minutes). Wrong - charged $89. When I asked why it was so expensive he defensively said "I told you it was that much" and that he "had to move the washer". Long story short, my total was $320 for, AT MOST, 30 minutes of work which I find ridiculous. After requesting my Angie's List discount (he needed to "call someone" to make sure he could do that) his level of defensiveness only increased and I just wanted him to leave. Maybe this is what dryer vent cleaning honestly costs, but the combination of shady techs and vague pricing means I will be calling another company next year.

Description of Work
Cleaned dryer vent line and replaced small section of vent connecting dryer to wall.

Category appliance repair, dryer vent cleaning

[member name removed], I am sorry we did not meet (or exceed) your expectations. Reading your review much of the issue with our service seems to do with pricing that was more than expected. Call me and I will work out a compromise with you. It is more important to us that you are happy with our service.

06/03/2015

William K.

He was right on time and was very informative as to what he was going to work on, I had spoke to the owner Carl a couple of days before so he knew what was needed . I have nothing but praise for Mark, I have worked with him twice before and ask for him specificity and will continue too for all my washer dryer needs. If you want professional work done call on this company.

Description of Work
Mark, did a awesome job putting in a dryer vent to code, and installed new S.S hot and cold water line for washer,also did a few extra's for free