Bormann Brothers Contracting Inc

Founded 1999 • With Angi since January 2010

Bormann Brothers is your number one choice for professional roofing contractors in Minnesota. Our company is family owned and operated and was established in 1997. Additional DBA - Bormann Brothers Contracting & Borman BrothersRoofing. Additional email - ssbormann@frontiernet.net , nickjen@frontiernet.net , Additional phone number - (612) 237-4601. Family owned and operated....

A Service Provider's profile image

+1 more images

roofing (47)gutter repair (5)

09/27/2021

KEITH K.

The company contacted me very soon after I submitted the bid request and told me that they do not do flat roofs. I appreciated the quick and clear response.

Description of Work
Have a flat roof replaced.

Work Completed On 07/30/2021

04/05/2021

Richard E.

The crew showed up on time and went to work like a well-oiled machine. They finished the entire roof in about six hours. Their cleanup was superb. I would unreservedly recommend this company.

Description of Work
roof replacement

Work Completed On 03/26/2021

03/19/2021

Wayne & Virginia W.

The company was fast to respond for a roof inspection and proposal and gave us a competitive bid. We were not home when Nick inspected the roof and he left the bid inside our storm door. He was quick to respond and meet with us about some specific issues. Since our issues included a few more items besides reproofing we went with a construction company who also deals in siding. Nick was very gracious and understanding.

Description of Work
Reroof a house

Work Completed On 03/19/2021

07/18/2020

Rich W.

Everything delivered as promised. We did a lot of vetting out of local companies before choosing Bormann. They are a GAF certified roofer so you get a better warranty on the roof. Not many others in the area have that advantage. When we had questions afterwards they were just as helpful and responsive which is a mark of a good company.

Description of Work
New Roof was put on

Work Completed On 07/18/2020

11/12/2019

D K.

Bormann Brothers did a great job on our roof replacement. No high pressure sales with them and they use top quality shingles. We liked that they had their own crew and didn't use subcontractors. They did everything in about 6 hours on our house, and cleaned up well afterward. We did have some nails in our gutters that I found afterward, and I let Nick, the owner, know and he came over same day and cleaned them up. Great service and they are an honest, no sales pressure roofing company.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 08/02/2019

10/19/2019

Jill D.

Nick was wonderful to work with! Polite, calm, professional, honest. He always responded to our phone calls, texts and the crew did a great job! They got the job done on time, even though we had a very wet Fall! I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
New roof put on

Work Completed On 09/23/2019

05/13/2019

Karen J.

Steve, one of the owners, came out to give us an estimate. He was informative and put no pressure to sign. Their bid was very competitive and we felt very comfortable signing with them. They were punctual on the day they said they’d be here, did a terrific job and the cleanup was very thorough. It’s a local, family owned business and that comes across in the way they handle everything. We are so happy we went with this company and would most definitely recommend them. Steve did not ask us for a recommendation, but we wanted to sing their praises.

Description of Work
We had a complete roof tear off and replacement with new roof.

Work Completed On 05/13/2019

10/20/2018

Shelly F.

Top-notch company and team. Steve had great suggestions for roofing and gutters. He was honest and fair. Team showed up when it was scheduled. Excellent job and clean-up. Great follow-up when we had questions. Would absolutely recommend and hire again.

Description of Work
New roof and gutters

Work Completed On 10/04/2018

08/24/2018

Wendalyn T.

A+++++ Fast Response, Excellent Customer Service, Quality Workmanship & Product! From quote to completion Steve worked with me (and the insurance adjuster) to understand the process & get the best end product available - even submitted the claim paperwork. Clean up left the yard looking better than before the project began! Cannot say enough great things about * Bormann Brothers Contracting * Highly Recommend * A+++++

Description of Work
New Paper & Shingle Roof, Flashing, Stack, Vents & Gutter Removal

Work Completed On 08/08/2018

08/21/2018

Kathy P.

The Bormann brothers did an excellent job! Would definitely hire them again and will highly recommend them to my family and friends!!

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 08/02/2018

06/19/2018

Patrick W.

My experience with Bormann Brothers was very positive. No pressure estimates, and high quality work. Was able to easily connect with the company, ask questions, and got responses back right away.

Description of Work
House Re-roofing

Work Completed On 06/19/2018

05/16/2018

BRUCE & JANET J.

Their bid came in much under the others we received. They installed a GAF lifetime warranty shingle. We were flexible as to when it could happen. They scheduled the work, then called a week ahead of that to come and get it done. They arrived an hour after the appointment, but were watching the radar to make sure there would be no rain. A crew of 12 showed up and were completely finished in 6 hours.

Description of Work
Insurance covered complete tear off and re-shingle of house and attached two car garage.

Work Completed On 05/11/2018

11/05/2017

Marion S.

Extremely well. The crew arrived at 7 am right on schedule. They worked as a well oiled team and completed the whole job by 3:30 pm. They placed tarps all around the buildings and cleaned up everything before leaving. Nick Bormann was excellent as salesman, crew boss and final inspector for the project.

Description of Work
A new roof on house and garage.

Work Completed On 09/16/2017

10/16/2017

Donna J.

They showed up on exactly the day they promised. They were super speedy. They cleaned up everything and even put the patio furniture back on our deck and patio that we had removed to make their job easier.

Description of Work
We needed a new roof.

Work Completed On 10/12/2017

10/04/2017

RICK M.

Steve Bormann was top notch! Always answered questions; explained everything that needed to be done; was very punctual; returned phone calls promptly. In total, I feel he (and his crew) went way above and beyond in doing the roofing. Replaced all vents with proper types. Capped one he didn't probably need to, but he said he was afraid the pipe might have been cracked inside the house, thus allowing a water leak. He and his crew were efficient and got the job done very quickly...and I know it was done correctly! His charge was VERY reasonable and he put some confidence back in me that there are still good roofing contractors out there. (Last year I dealt with a local contractor that I could only say was a real shyster. In fact he was fined by the State Of MN for his bad business practices. It was a very bad experience for me!) Bottom line: If I would ever need another roofing done, I'd call Bormann Bros. contracting! I highly recommend them!!

Description of Work
A complete tear-off and reroof.

Work Completed On 08/14/2017

06/17/2017

JIM S.

The owners and all of their employees were professional. Clearly, they take pride in their work.

Description of Work
Roof tear-off and replacement.

Work Completed On 06/13/2017

06/12/2017

Mike S.

Great quality. FAST. Clean. I was satisfied with their work and their materials. (I watched) The started at 7:00 am, and we're done early in the afternoon. They were careful not to drop anything on shrubs, flowers, grass, windows, or walls. Everything went into their trailer, and there was always someone patrolling the lawn, in case something got missed. The roof was done, clean, and new. ... And a Life Time Warranty. : o)

Description of Work
Roof replacement

05/30/2017

Mike S.

Excellent. They started work at 7:00 am... They were DONE, cleaned up, and leaving by 11:30 AM !!!! (26 Squares) Good quality: Lifetime Warrantee Roof looks GREAT ! Note: The trucker who delivered materials said this is the crew HE would hire. : o)

Description of Work
Shingle Roofing

Work Completed On 05/30/2017

Review for Bormann Brothers Contracting Inc - 17593 Foxboro Ct, Farmington, MN - 35149321

05/28/2017

Hilina E.

Extremely professional! Steve came in as scheduled and gave us good idea/guidance. he followed thru, always answered our questions, replied back to our phone calls on a timely manner. The day they performed the work, they came in on time as scheduled, completed the work and made sure the clean up was performed appropriately. Billing was as we first discussed. I would definitely hire them back.

Description of Work
roof replacement

Work Completed On 04/27/2017

05/21/2017

Stacy S.

I liked Steve from the moment I met him, when he came out to give us a written estimate on the spot (competitors went back to the office to generate them for us). He's a friendly and knowledgeable guy, and not at all tongue-tied nor in any way pushy. His experience showed in the way he answered all our questions, and also put us at ease about getting settlement from the company who manufactured the defective shingles that prompted us to undertake this project. He readily gave me input on the color choices as I was considering the "samples" brochure he gave us, looking at each swatch and trying to imagine what it would be like on my house. (The colors always work up lighter, he pointed out, stating the lightest ones look very light, almost white, when they are installed.) To further assist us, after we selected Bormann Brothers, they gave us three addresses of homes with the light, medium, and dark gray shingles installed, so that we could see them for ourselves. We were also assured of exactly when he needed our decision by, and I thought it was absurdly close to the day they did the work :-) ... we had until a day or two before they arrived. When we had the estimate done in early April, we were told the roof could be done before the end of the month--a company booked with work is a good sign, we felt! We got a few other estimates before we made our decision, and during that time Bormann Bros. scheduled more work, so our day fell into very early May. About a week before, Steve let us know that because of the rainy (and snowy!) weather, our job was pushed back one day. We appreciated this consideration and the timeliness of the helpful communication (allowed me to plan appropriately at work, so that I could be home to see all this). They said they'd be to our house at 7 AM, and were prompt. They were off the roof and gone by 11:30 AM, leaving us pleasantly surprised at the speed and efficiency with which the work was done. A crew of about a dozen showed up, with one and sometimes two of the brothers on-site, on the roof. I was impressed, and pleased, by the way they used plywood sheets and tarps to cover and protect the plants and shrubs around the house as well as my garage doors. I was thrilled they use their own trailer to haul away the trash, rather than me stressing over a large dumpster in front of the house. Like other reviewers have mentioned, I was also impressed by the thoroughness of their cleanup, and it seems like maybe half a dozen of the crew was scouting my lawn picking up every little shred and nail. Shingles were conveniently delivered straight to the roof by a boom-arm on the large delivery truck. Color-coordinated vents were provided. I learned that winter weather in Minnesota is harsh on the roof board around the bathroom vents, and that the prior roofing job was responsible for the other, soggy, mildewed board that was found. These two small replacement patches were thrown in at no extra charge (to my delight). I was pleased we did not have to pay any money in advance, and I was happy to write a check and hand it to Steve before he drove away. I was in no way disappointed with any aspect of this experience -- even had perfect weather they day the work was done :-) To top it off, I didn't expect the compliment Steve paid: that WE were a pleasure to work with. Deciding factors for me, contributing to my decision to work with Bormann Brothers; the things I felt stood out from the other companies we got visits and estimates from: - They used a trailer not a dumpster. - Steve promised they'd take care of working with the other company, such that my husband and I expect only to get a settlement letter in the mail for the defective shingles installed when the house was built 12 years ago... no hassles, or figuring out how to mail crumbling shingles back to the manufacturer! - They gave us "color swatches" - The 50-year GAF warranty we got was not an add-on charge when it was presented to us (unlike an Owens-Corning warranty that was being offered to us for an extra fee by a competitor). - I just LIKED our interactions with Steve

Description of Work
New shingling on entire roof

Work Completed On 05/03/2017

04/01/2017

JIm S.

The crew arrived on time on the scheduled day, and the job was done without any problems. I was impressed with the crew's speed and efficiency, and the quality of the work exceeded my expectations. Hard to believe how fast they finished the job. The surrounding area was well protected, and cleanup of debris was excellent.

Description of Work
Time to re-roof the house, so I called three contractors and got quotes in the fall of 2016. Steve Bormann from Bormann Brothers Contracting was responsive and friendly, and gave me the most competitive quote. I liked the fact that it was a smaller family business where the owners (two brothers) actually worked on the job. Work was planned for the spring of 2017 when the weather warmed up.

Work Completed On 03/21/2017

Review for Bormann Brothers Contracting Inc - 17593 Foxboro Ct, Farmington, MN - 34726545

08/06/2016

Robert B.

It went exceptionally well. Friends of ours recommended the Borman Brothers because they were very pleased with their service. Steve the owner was very nice, worked with us and the insurance company to get top quality shingles well within the budget. He was fast to respond did not pressure us at all and gave us a lifetime guarantee. The crew of 10 people showed up on time, were very courteous, polite. The job was completely finished in 4 hours. They covered the whole yard in tarps and performed an extensive cleanup after they were done. Steve came by the next day and asked if we had time to check out the roof and were we happy. The roof looks magnificent and the vents etc. are all color coordinated. We not only got a great price, a beautiful roof, but we made a new friend. Do trust him his recommendations are great. We are happy to refer him to others.

Description of Work
Completely replaced all shingles and roofing material due to storm damage including items such as chimneys and vents

Work Completed On 08/03/2016

04/21/2016

Jeff W.

He came an patch the roof and didn't charge me, I had the roofing material and he just went up and did it. it took him ten minutes.

Description of Work
I used Bormann Brothers Contracting Inc for roofing.