Mr HDTV Man

Founded 2010 • With Angi since September 2012

Please note we do not have a retail store.

Elk River, MN 55330

We only provide the best in digital technology HDTV antennas. No gimmicky flat panel plastic antennas. All our antenna are fully guaranteed. 612-440-6203. We service anywhere in the Twin Cities. Say good bye to your monthly cable/satellite bill. We also provide Sling TV services right in your home....

11/03/2021

CHRISTOPHER S.

Arrived in the promised time window. Thoroughly explained the installation plan. Selected a location in our garage attic. Erik and James were pleasant, professional and neat in their work. Antenna installed is an Antop. Performance is flawless providing all the local network affiliates plus many more channels we did not know were available. Called the cable company the day after installation to cancel our cable TV service. The antenna will pay for itself in a matter of months.

Description of Work
HDTV Antenna installation.

08/27/2021

Margaret T.

Great! Mr. HDTV installed an HD antenna about a year and a half ago for my house. The owner was very professional and responsive. His follow through was impressive. I requested the service during off-season, and they said they would contact me during their on-season (around April). And they did! I did not have to follow up at all. They arrived on time on the day they said they would; there was no rescheduling. The workers were professional and discussed antenna placement with, and where the best location would be. They did quick work and installed antenna outlets in all the rooms I requested. I have had no problems whatsoever - and now I can watch over the air TV without any interference. Thank you, Mr. HDTV Man!

Description of Work
HD Antenna installation

08/02/2020

Constance W.

Very well! Tom and Wayne were prompt and professional. Would highly recommend their services.

Description of Work
Home hooked up for antenna tv service in multiple rooms.

06/30/2020

Sandra G.

Thank you to Angie's List for the recommendation of Mr HDTV Man. After having a SKY Blue Antenna installed by Mr HDTV Man, we experienced frequent interruptions and loss of signal on PBS channels and occasional interruptions of local 4, 5, and 9 channels. Tom and Wayne responded to our concern quickly and scheduled a return visit to assess and address the problem. Their raising of the height of the antenna increased our reception and for the most part, solved the problem. We still experienced some pixellization of the image during a strong overnight thunderstorm, but this is a vast improvement over interruptions and loss of service we had all year with every rain and snow storm with Direct TV satellite service. Our property does sit down a hill surrounded by large trees. We are really pleased with this outcome and recommend Tom and Wayne highly.

Description of Work
installation of an outdoor antenna

08/28/2019

Karen R.

Excellent service. Tom explained all options, answered my questions, was very transparent with pricing. He determined the best location for the signal was to mount the antenna on my garage roof. When I told him it was going to be demolished this summer and a new one built, he offered to install the antenna on the garage and then come back, when they were ready to demo the garage, and move the antenna to a temporary location. This he did, with no additional cost to me, though I offered to pay a service fee for the extra visit. I'm very happy with the channels and the antenna. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
install TV antenna

08/23/2019

Cindy B.

We live in the country and our TV reception was never very good since the switch to digital - we contacted Mr HDTV Man - WOW what a difference - very professional and they knew exactly what they were doing - a GREAT experience and worth the cost!!!

Description of Work
New Antenna

08/06/2019

Mike O.

Wonderful. Prompt, always in contact. Courteous, personable and had all the answers to questions.

Description of Work
Install HGTV antenna

Category tv antenna

It was nice meeting you . Thank you for the review.

06/09/2019

DOUG W.

The installer showed up on time and carefully worked out the most optimal way to network all the pieces together. He had worked for Comcast at one time and was very savvy about how to set things up. He carefully checked each TV after he connected the antenna to make sure all worked and had a strong signal. He didn't rush and made sure we understood how to operate the TiVos. Clean-up at the end was a little spotty--we had to spend an hour or so cleaning up, but it has been worth it. Did a nice job and even told us the most pain-free way to "fire" Comcast--and it worked.

Description of Work
Installed attic-mount antenna, TiVo and moca network

04/20/2019

Tim H.

Right on time. Very knowledgable. Very helpful. Gave me great price. System works perfectly.

Description of Work
Installing an antenna

09/15/2018

Kevin B.

They arrived on time, suggested some good and inexpensive upgrades that I took advantage of, and then did the installation. My TVs now work great pulling in free over the air channels. I was very happy with this entire experience. Finally, they chose a great location to mount the antenna so that it is not visible from the front of the house but still picks up all channels great.

Description of Work
Installation of a mount and a heavy duty TV antenna on my roof and connection to my TVs.

Thanks you

09/13/2018

David R.

I also wish I would have done it sooner. Neither the missus nor I miss cable after a month. The picture is noticeably more clear. Which is a bonus watching your favorite team play. Tom was quick to respond after hitting their website by phone. He gave me a quote over the phone. Tom and Wayne are a busy team. Do it today. You will need your television remote to get into setup screen.

Description of Work
Installation of HDTV Antenna

08/16/2018

Leland C.

Extremely well start to finish. Excellent results: we now have high definition over the air reception to all channels that are available in this area. Very cooperative installers arrived on time, very efficiently handled all aspects on our roof and in our basement and at sites of needed tv reception. Very pleased with service so far, having received work about a month ago.

Description of Work
Rooftop installation of HDTV antenna with hookup to interior cables

Category tv antenna

Thank you for the kind review. It was nice working with you.

06/25/2018

Jesse M.

Communication was great and work was completed in a timely and professional manner.

Description of Work
HDTV antenna install

06/05/2018

Jim A.

Had an existing rooftop antenna that was needing replacement. Could barely pull in any of the HDTV broadcast signals. Prior to install date Mr HDTV Man was able to do a signal assessment using provided address and recommend the needed antenna and expected cost. Cost estimates were approved via email and install date was arranged. They arrived on time and familiar with the install needs. What wasn't understood on my part, and would have been good to know, there is a roof height limit to what they are willing / able to do. My house is of the "McMansion" variety which means it has a very tall and steeply pitched roof. Fair enough - when they said they could not get on my roof I was somewhat relieved. It's dangerous work getting on a roof and my roof is not for the faint of heart. They quickly explained they could install the needed antenna on a lower, safer and more accessible garage roof, which also provided a discreet and hidden perspective, hiding the antenna from neighborhood view - excellent!. I bring this part up since I was not expecting to pay an additional fee of $50 for the needed mast - this is something I thought could be bypassed since I already had an antenna mount for them to use. They made the needed connections, tested the signal at the distribution point in my media closet and offered to configure all my televisions. Top notch! Signals are all coming in rock solid and perfectly clear (no tiling!). I really do highly recommend these guys for the installation, configuration and testing of rooftop antennas. This isn't easy nor safe stuff to do as a homeowner - special equipment and safety issues. My only issue is for a service that has a premium price tag of $349, getting hit with a $50 add-on because of an unstated roof-height limitation was a tail sting I didn't expect to pay.

Description of Work
Rooftop antenna install

05/23/2018

Tom H.

Excellent job! I highly recommend them for service, responsiveness, and value!

Description of Work
HDTV roof antenna.

04/30/2018

Todd L.

These guys are fantastic! I've had them install on my last house and again on my new house. Both times were a great install, timely and reasonably priced. I recomend them to everyone i know looking to "cut the cord".

Description of Work
Installation of roff mounted HD TV antenna

Thanks for the review

04/20/2018

Joseph A.

I made the decision to cut the cord and used MrHDTV Man to repoint an existing antenna, connect cabling that was associated with the satellite dish I had before, and replace cables as needed. They were prompt, had great suggestions on what should be done, and had everything taken care of very quickly. Fantastic!

Description of Work
These Guys are Great!

Category tv antenna

Thanks for the nice words. Your house was difficult but we finally figured it out. Good luck and thanks for the business.

04/20/2018

Vince A.

They did a fine job installing my roof antenna. My job was a simple one but I wanted to guarantee I got the best reception and a roof that didn't link so I decided to use a professional instead of DIY. They ran the cable thru the roof vent was a great idea to minimize any additional holes. They offered an pre-season discount ($100) and offered an additional discount ($25) on an upgraded antenna which I took advantage of. Scheduling was a bit of a nightmare due to snow in mid-April but they handled it professionally. I did have to follow-up with them on scheduling time because there was discrepancies in the communications when they used Google invites.

Description of Work
Roof antenna installation

Category tv antenna

Thanks for the business. Hope you happy. You have a 5 year warranty on the Antenna

11/02/2017

Don W.

Great! Quick and efficient; everything works perfectly. Great picture and more channels than we had before, too.

Description of Work
Cut the cable cord; add new HD antenna and interior wiring.

Thanks for the review

11/01/2017

Roger B.

Very well; Ton and Wayne analyzed the problem and installed new antenna, with taller mast. Reception has improved significantly.

Description of Work
Rectify poor broadcast TV reception.

Category tv antenna

Thanks for the review. We take our p,edge about 100% Customer Satisfaction very serious. It was great meeting you and your wife. Thank her for the great breakfast.

10/29/2017

Marilyn S.

We cut the satellite cord! After talking to our neighbor about the service he received from MR. HDTV Man we called and within two days, also had the same exceptional service! It was not an easy decision, but Tom was very patient with us and always responded to our numerous questions. Our antenna works fantastic! We also purchased a DVR which allows us to record TV shows just like our satellite service. After the initial cost of the antenna and DVR, we will be saving $1,200 a year! We could not be more pleased with the workmanship, the exceptional outcome and working with such professional and kind men as Tom and Wayne!

Description of Work
The installation of a TV antenna and VCR.

Category cable tv service

Thanks for the review. We take our p,edge about 100% Customer Satisfaction very serious. It was great meeting you and your husband. Good luck.

10/25/2017

Jill F.

Tom and Wayne do such a thorough and professional job. After the antenna was in place we had some spotty reception on two network channels. They came out a second time to fix the issue. Now all works slick. We love our free TV!!!

Description of Work
Install an aerial antenna on our house and connect to all of our household televisions. We live 60 miles from the Shoreview TV towers so needed extra reception power.

Thanks very much.

10/20/2017

Dave H.

Honest guys and terrific service. We live out in the country (and in a valley). I had tried all the Amazon and store-bought antennas, but no luck. Thanks to Tom and Wayne, I now get 20+ channels, including live sports again. Crystal-clear reception. I’ve been watching NFL games for three Sundays now, and we will be able to catch the Olympics this winter. Perfect pairing with my Netflix and Hulu subscription. Fair prices (~$400), straightforward communication and they will answer all questions before and during the installation.

Description of Work
We wanted an antenna installed to watch live TV in our home.

Category tv antenna

Thanks it was great working with you. Good luck.

08/09/2017

Fabian Z.

Awesome! Tom & Wayne are extremely knowledgeable and great to work with. They were very prompt, professional, friendly and courteous. Tom was quick to respond to emails and phone calls and was able to fit me into the schedule on short notice. They tested our signal and scanned for OTA channels on each of our televisions. Their website, very professional, is a great resource for cutting the cord and played a deciding role in our decision to ditch cable and select SlingTV as our streaming service. Our streaming devices include the AirTV Player, a ChannelMaster DVR+ and a Roku Streaming Stick. Very pleased with their work and the value of service provided. Thanks guys!

Description of Work
Antenna installation in attic, program televisions, set up streaming devices.

Thanks

08/01/2017

Richard S.

Had these guys out a couple years ago when I wanted to make sure the OTA antenna was properly pointed. They are professional, knowledgeable, friendly and courteous. Recently my environment changed and I had them out for another service visit. We started with a solution for intermittent pixalation on some channels and tested it under various conditions. Totally pleased with their service and guarantees Prompt, fair and worth it.

Description of Work
Resolve OTA antenna pointing and reception

Category tv antenna

Thank you for the kind review. It was nice working with you.

Sorry our website is temporarily down for repair. Digital HDTV antenna installation. We serve the entire Twin Cities Metro. We also do antenna service calls. We also provide the finest in DVR and streaming devices....... including free DVR service. No more monthly DVR subscription fees.

TV Repair