Home For A Change

Founded 1983 • With Angi since February 2004

Hours are not available for this pro right now. Please check back later.

located in

Edina, MN 55436

Home For A Change offers interior design services in Naples, Fl. (including surrounding areas) and Minneapolis/St. Paul. We are a full design service with many options for you to choose from, depending on your project! New construction, remodels, kitchen and bath design and design consultations that offer "inspiration" for you to follow on your own, also shopping service, furniture, window treatments, accessories and wall and floor finishes. Give me a call if you are looking for carpet, hardwood, tile or kitchen remodel. I will allow you access to my "wholesale members only" store (many locations throughout Florida and Minnesota). If you schedule a design consultation, a complementary design service is included for help with selecting your finishes at my flooring store. Are you moving from Minnesota to Florida or thinking of becoming a "snowbird"? I can help you on both sides, starting with your current home. This service is a consultation that would help you with colors, fabrics, furniture and accessories. We could then evaluate your new place in Florida and use what you have if necessary! On the Florida side, help with paint colors, furniture and accessory shopping or helping to place your existing furniture or any other help you need to create your "home in paradise"!...

interior decorators (61)interior painting (7)window treatment (7)home remodeling (6)lighting (6)carpet installation (6)basement remodeling (4)home staging (4)flooring (4)marble & granite (3)holiday decorating (1)

04/26/2021

My husband and I moved into a modern condo building and were baffled as to how to furnish our large open floor plan with huge windows and high ceilings. My neighbor recommended her interior designer, Sue Hunter. I loved how my neighbor's home was decorated. Sue is amazing. Sue came to our home and in ONE hour, put together an entire plan for us that included a complete palette of colors, size rang...

Description of Work
Interior Design of Condo

Category carpet installation,interior designers,furniture sales,muralist,interior painters

Work Completed On 03/08/2021

Thank you so much for the nice review! I really enjoyed working with you both and am so happy you love your new and updated condo!

03/27/2021

I wanted to do an entire home remodel, and I don’t have concept of color and/or flow. Sue was referred to me by a Realtor friend. Sue was one of 3 that I interviewed. Our first meeting was understanding my vision, picking out colors, talking about flow, etc. The next was picking out flooring, tiles, paint, hardware, etc, then we shopped for furniture. Sue developed the vision/template, my contract...

Description of Work
Home Decor ideas for a remodel

Category flooring contractor,interior designers,lighting,furniture sales,marble & granite,muralist,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 03/19/2021

Review for Home For A Change - located in, Edina, MN - 39268976

Thank you [Member Name Removed], I know you were thrilled with the end result! What a change, and so glad you took my suggestion to paint your woodwork and I know you love your new flooring and furniture! I am sorry that one of the places you ordered furniture from did not follow up, glad I could help you with that and talk to the salesperson! Enjoy your beautiful new space and thank you for the r...

03/21/2021

We have used Sue's design and shopping services many times and have referred her to several friends. Sue does a great job, she's very responsive and easy to work with. She will take your personal style and design around that, helping you to feel comfortable with your style in your space. Sue also helps you save money where you can, and you can shop from a design that Sue creates for you or she wil...

Description of Work
Interior design: paint colors, accessories, tile, flooring, cabinet selection; shopping for rugs, mirrors, furniture and actual placement and design in home.

Category carpet installation,interior designers

Work Completed On 03/02/2021

Thank you so much for the great review! I have always enjoyed helping you with your home over the years and look forward to your next exciting project on the horizon!! Sue Hunter Home for a change

06/29/2019

We hired Sue for a basement remodel and couldn't be happier. Sue helped us choose the color palette, materials, furniture, and all the decor. She did a great job understanding our style and budget and flexing around that. Sue's pricing structure is incredibly approachable; during the basement remodel she also did a "spacelift" throughout the rest of our house so we got even more value! She helped ...

Description of Work
Basement remodel

Category interior designers,furniture sales,window treatments,muralist,basement remodeling

Work Completed On 06/28/2019

Review for Home For A Change - located in, Edina, MN - 37957559

04/10/2019

I have worked with Sue for almost 15 years on several interior design projects. Her eye for color is amazing... always spot on! She is fun and creative, sometimes encouraging me to make dramatic changes I would not have done on my own. The finished product always results in wonderful compliments from my guests. Our lake home project (one of my favorites) presented sizable challenges with multiple ...

Description of Work
Interior design of new home, interior design of basement finish project, interior design of lake home.

Category carpet installation,interior designers,lighting,furniture sales,window treatments,muralist,home remodeling,interior painters,home staging,basement remodeling

Work Completed On 04/09/2019

Thank you for the wonderful review! [Member Name Removed], it is always fun to work with you and I am looking forward to next week when we put the "finishing touches" in your updated home! Sue Home for a change

01/11/2018

We have been very happy with how things turned out. My husband is happy with the house (and the price) and so are our daughters with how their bedrooms look! Sue did an incredible job designing our new kitchen island that seats 7 people, as well as a pub like tin ceiling to match our existing cherry wood cupboards. Sue is a pleasure to shop with and work with. She makes it easy and fun!

Description of Work
Sue Hunter has helped us decorate our home a couple of times in the past 14 years. We have worked with her on some minor projects, and she has helped me with most of the decorating through our house. She has done amazing design work for a big kitchen project, and now is working with us on our basement re-do! Anything from paint, carpet, flooring and decorating needs, Sue is the one to call!

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor,interior designers,lighting,furniture sales,window treatments,holiday decorators,marble & granite,muralist,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 12/15/2017

Thank you for the wonderful review, I love designing and shopping with you and your beautiful family! I appreciate your dedication to me for the last 14 years along and all of the great referrals you have sent to me over the years. Looking forward to putting all the "finishing touches" on the lower level!

10/28/2017

We moved into a new house that was completely different from our old one. We needed a lot of help with furniture arrangement and decorating so I called Sue. She contacted me right away and was here to consult the next day. Sue is great at what she does and has helped us every step of the way. She helped us buy furniture, pick out carpet, and choose paint colors. She came with me shopping and we pi...

Description of Work
She helped us with furniture ordering, paint colors, furniture arrangement, carpet selection, picking out accessories and putting everything into place.

Work Completed On 10/23/2017

09/26/2017

Our lake home is amazing. It turned out beautifully and really shows Sue's incredible gift for design. She knows exactly where to shop to get the best value for your budget. We couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
We recently built a new lake home. Sue was involved in every part of the build starting with the floor plan, exterior design, kitchen layout, cabinets, flooring, countertops, bathroom fixtures, door hardware, paint colors, lighting, appliances, furniture and accessories.

Work Completed On 08/01/2017

I loved every minute [Member Information Removed] this project! I am thrilled you are so happy and am excited to continue working with you, designing your home in minnetonka. Both you and Tony are a pleasure to work with!

04/10/2017

Sue immediately had a great vision, and created an individualized portfolio for me room by room with color swatches for paint, furniture colors, and flooring.

Description of Work
Sue from Home For A Change helped me design a completely remodeled entryway, dining room, kitchen, and living room.

Work Completed On 03/18/2017

03/27/2017

Great - I highly recommend Sue! She is amazing!

Description of Work
I have been wanting help decorating our downtown Minneapolis condo forever (updated flooring, paint, furniture, decorating, etc!) and I am so happy I found Sue on Angie's List! She has been so easy to work with and I love the recommendations she has made. She really tried to work with some of the furniture and decorations that we already have but also telling us when something would not vibe well with our new look! I love that she gives you recommendations for things to go out and find on your own (and good places to get the item you're looking for) but is also willing to shop with you to find what you need... you can basically use her as little or as much as you want after the initial consult. She has been great after our initial visit with her - after hearing her flooring recommendations, my husband and I picked up some samples but were having a hard time deciding which one would be best... I asked for her advice and she took the time out of her schedule to stop at our place and help us choose and put us at ease. I can't wait to work with her more once our new floor is in and we can get to shopping for the furniture and decorations she recommended!!

Work Completed On 03/27/2017

Interior Design Consultations, Full Design Service Residential & Commercial, New Construction, Kitchen & Bath Remodels, Flooring, Window Treatments, Furnishings, Home Accessories & Shopping Service.