Home For A Change

Founded 1983 • With Angi since February 2004

Hours are not available for this pro right now. Please check back later.

located in

Edina, MN 55436

Home For A Change offers interior design services in Naples, Fl. (including surrounding areas) and Minneapolis/St. Paul. We are a full design service with many options for you to choose from, depending on your project! New construction, remodels, kitchen and bath design and design consultations that offer "inspiration" for you to follow on your own, also shopping service, furniture, window treatments, accessories and wall and floor finishes. Give me a call if you are looking for carpet, hardwood, tile or kitchen remodel. I will allow you access to my "wholesale members only" store (many locations throughout Florida and Minnesota). If you schedule a design consultation, a complementary design service is included for help with selecting your finishes at my flooring store. Are you moving from Minnesota to Florida or thinking of becoming a "snowbird"? I can help you on both sides, starting with your current home. This service is a consultation that would help you with colors, fabrics, furniture and accessories. We could then evaluate your new place in Florida and use what you have if necessary! On the Florida side, help with paint colors, furniture and accessory shopping or helping to place your existing furniture or any other help you need to create your "home in paradise"!...

interior decorators (63)interior painting (7)home remodeling (7)window treatment (7)carpet installation (7)lighting (6)basement remodeling (4)home staging (4)flooring (4)marble & granite (3)holiday decorating (1)

05/03/2022

Andrea S.

Suzanne was fabulous! She did the interior design for my home and my Naples Florida vacation rental. I love my new spaces! She kept my budget well in hand. She came up with a plan, colors, helped me shop, and directed placement of accessories and furniture. She is very pleasant to work with and responsive. I highly recommend using her services.

Description of Work
Personal and Vacation Home Interior Design

Category interior designers

Work Completed On 05/03/2022

09/06/2021

kaye K.

Sue was prompt in answering my request for help and we soon worked out a meeting. She has a good program to get you started in the initial consultation and you can take it from there on your own or continue on working with her for help. In the few hours of my first meeting she showed great ideas that saved me thousands of $$ literally in the first meeting by doing one thing versus a total remodel. From there we met for furniture and accessory shopping and then a meeting for her to come back and put things together. Have had many compliments on her work at our home and I am very happy with the results! Thank you Sue!

Description of Work
I was looking for help in redecorating home, paint colors, furniture, bathroom updates.

Category interior designers,muralist,home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/12/2021

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! I really enjoyed helping you with your home, planning, shopping and putting it all together! I am so happy you like all of the updates!! Sue Hunter

08/18/2021

Emily B.

Sue is a delight to work with. We used her services to decorate a rental home in Naples. Sue is professional, creative and budget-conscious. Everybody who sees the home is so impressed with how nice it looks and the pictures look amazing for the rental listing. I highly recommend Sue.

Description of Work
Interior Design

Category carpet installation

Work Completed On 08/18/2021

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! I had so much fun designing your rental home! I am so happy you like all of the new furniture and accessories! Thank you for your complete trust in me and my design choices!! Sue Hunter

04/26/2021

Mrs Sovell S.

My husband and I moved into a modern condo building and were baffled as to how to furnish our large open floor plan with huge windows and high ceilings. My neighbor recommended her interior designer, Sue Hunter. I loved how my neighbor's home was decorated. Sue is amazing. Sue came to our home and in ONE hour, put together an entire plan for us that included a complete palette of colors, size ranges for each piece of furniture she recommended, rug sizes and an accent wall paint color. Then we went shopping! She chose pieces I wouldn’t have thought to pick and when they arrived—they were perfect. Sue returned and arranged by etagere, wall hangings and accessories. I highly recommend her. Our home looks fabulous! I did not post photos because of Covid, a few of our pieces have not arrived.

Description of Work
Interior Design of Condo

Category carpet installation,interior designers,furniture sales,muralist,interior painters

Work Completed On 03/08/2021

Thank you so much for the nice review! I really enjoyed working with you both and am so happy you love your new and updated condo!

03/27/2021

Jean R.

I wanted to do an entire home remodel, and I don’t have concept of color and/or flow. Sue was referred to me by a Realtor friend. Sue was one of 3 that I interviewed. Our first meeting was understanding my vision, picking out colors, talking about flow, etc. The next was picking out flooring, tiles, paint, hardware, etc, then we shopped for furniture. Sue developed the vision/template, my contractor brought it to life. I love the end product. I’ve referred to others who are also seeking a change

Description of Work
Home Decor ideas for a remodel

Category flooring contractor,interior designers,lighting,furniture sales,marble & granite,muralist,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 03/19/2021

Review for Home For A Change - located in, Edina, MN - 39268976

Thank you [Member Name Removed], I know you were thrilled with the end result! What a change, and so glad you took my suggestion to paint your woodwork and I know you love your new flooring and furniture! I am sorry that one of the places you ordered furniture from did not follow up, glad I could help you with that and talk to the salesperson! Enjoy your beautiful new space and thank you for the referral! Home for a change Sue Hunter

03/21/2021

L S.

We have used Sue's design and shopping services many times and have referred her to several friends. Sue does a great job, she's very responsive and easy to work with. She will take your personal style and design around that, helping you to feel comfortable with your style in your space. Sue also helps you save money where you can, and you can shop from a design that Sue creates for you or she will shop with you. It's the best of all worlds!

Description of Work
Interior design: paint colors, accessories, tile, flooring, cabinet selection; shopping for rugs, mirrors, furniture and actual placement and design in home.

Category carpet installation,interior designers

Work Completed On 03/02/2021

Thank you so much for the great review! I have always enjoyed helping you with your home over the years and look forward to your next exciting project on the horizon!! Sue Hunter Home for a change

06/29/2019

Cailin W.

We hired Sue for a basement remodel and couldn't be happier. Sue helped us choose the color palette, materials, furniture, and all the decor. She did a great job understanding our style and budget and flexing around that. Sue's pricing structure is incredibly approachable; during the basement remodel she also did a "spacelift" throughout the rest of our house so we got even more value! She helped us find our own style and execute against that. If you have a project, big or small, hire Sue!!

Description of Work
Basement remodel

Category interior designers,furniture sales,window treatments,muralist,basement remodeling

Work Completed On 06/28/2019

Review for Home For A Change - located in, Edina, MN - 37957559

04/10/2019

Nancy R.

I have worked with Sue for almost 15 years on several interior design projects. Her eye for color is amazing... always spot on! She is fun and creative, sometimes encouraging me to make dramatic changes I would not have done on my own. The finished product always results in wonderful compliments from my guests. Our lake home project (one of my favorites) presented sizable challenges with multiple additions added throughout the years. Sue was not intimidated by it. She turned a disjointed, drab and boring cabin style house into an inviting, bright, airy, yet cozy and comfortable lake home that my family and guests absolutely don’t want to leave!

Description of Work
Interior design of new home, interior design of basement finish project, interior design of lake home.

Category carpet installation,interior designers,lighting,furniture sales,window treatments,muralist,home remodeling,interior painters,home staging,basement remodeling

Work Completed On 04/09/2019

Thank you for the wonderful review! [Member Name Removed], it is always fun to work with you and I am looking forward to next week when we put the "finishing touches" in your updated home! Sue Home for a change

01/11/2018

Anne W.

We have been very happy with how things turned out. My husband is happy with the house (and the price) and so are our daughters with how their bedrooms look! Sue did an incredible job designing our new kitchen island that seats 7 people, as well as a pub like tin ceiling to match our existing cherry wood cupboards. Sue is a pleasure to shop with and work with. She makes it easy and fun!

Description of Work
Sue Hunter has helped us decorate our home a couple of times in the past 14 years. We have worked with her on some minor projects, and she has helped me with most of the decorating through our house. She has done amazing design work for a big kitchen project, and now is working with us on our basement re-do! Anything from paint, carpet, flooring and decorating needs, Sue is the one to call!

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor,interior designers,lighting,furniture sales,window treatments,holiday decorators,marble & granite,muralist,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 12/15/2017

Thank you for the wonderful review, I love designing and shopping with you and your beautiful family! I appreciate your dedication to me for the last 14 years along and all of the great referrals you have sent to me over the years. Looking forward to putting all the "finishing touches" on the lower level!

10/28/2017

KELLI B.

We moved into a new house that was completely different from our old one. We needed a lot of help with furniture arrangement and decorating so I called Sue. She contacted me right away and was here to consult the next day. Sue is great at what she does and has helped us every step of the way. She helped us buy furniture, pick out carpet, and choose paint colors. She came with me shopping and we picked out rugs and accessories. Then after our furniture arrived she put everything in place. Our house now looks amazing! We do not have an eye for design and Sue makes every step stress free!

Description of Work
She helped us with furniture ordering, paint colors, furniture arrangement, carpet selection, picking out accessories and putting everything into place.

Category interior designers

Work Completed On 10/23/2017

Interior Design Consultations, Full Design Service Residential & Commercial, New Construction, Kitchen & Bath Remodels, Flooring, Window Treatments, Furnishings, Home Accessories & Shopping Service.