Glass Doctor of Minneapolis

Founded 1990 • With Angi since September 2001

7093 Shady Oak Rd

Eden Prairie, MN 55344

From windows to windshields to storefronts, Glass Doctor® can handle any glass need. Glass Doctor also offers custom glass repair services, such as replacement windows, tub and shower doors and enclosures, entry door glass, mirrors and custom tabletops. Established in 1962 with one shop in

08/21/2018

Kaye S.

A few months later, when I noticed more condensation between the panes of glass on one of the doors, I called and they came out. They told me that I hadn’t hired them to replace BOTH panes; that they had only done one of the two doors. Really??? I told them that I would never have agreed to pay $900for a single replacement pane when both were cloudy. It was clear that representative I had met with had been cagey and dishonest. He and i had talked very clearly about BOTH doors being cloudy and he never once told me he was only putting in a work order to replace one and not the other. This was a very DISHONEST approach. Buyer beware if you use these guys.

Description of Work
I had a condo with patio doors that were cloudy from age and condensation. The Glass Doctor representative came out and quoted $900 which included a one year warranty.

Category doors

11/21/2017

Robert L.

Job went terrible. Scheduled a week out so they could order windshield. Arrived at Glass Doctor at 9:50AM 10 min. early for appointment. (Was suppose to take 1 hour or less according to phone quote) After sitting for 1/2 hour, was told there was a schedule error, due to computer problem and I would have to come back at noon. Came back at at noon and I was told still be behind, come back at 1 PM ... which I did and waited and waited, at 2 PM the installer came out and instead of installing my windshield, he talked to a walk-in with a boat side window and took the job ahead of my appointment which was scheduled a week out. Everyone was very rude. Turns there were no computer scheduling problems, they just schedule everything ad hoc. They figured my insurance job was locked in, so they slide new business ahead of my appointment. I understand insurance gets a discounted price, but that's no excuse. I caught them in lies several times. Finally, about 2:30 PM the installer started on my car. I waited and waited, 3:30 should be completed by now, why not, got no answers just boiler plate BS. Finally, a left though the front door, walked around back to the garage door which was open and checked on my car. Windshield was out with broken glass on dash. He was not even working on my car. He was working on cutting glass for another job. I asked when would he finish me car, he was very rude and did not give me an answer. I went back to the office and complained, got no answers, just excuses, blaming the computer. Finally, about 5PM I got my car back and drove it home. Windshield looked good from outside. The next morning, I notices a big globs of windshield sealant had oozed out on the right door pillar fabric and was setup. Very poor quality job considering it took all day. The person who scheduled the appointment over the phone was very nice. Once, I got there, everyone was rude, nobody cared, once job was scheduled!! Will never use Glass Doctor again.!!! .... Paid by insurance. Approx price insurance paid listed below per my agent.

Description of Work
Replace windshield in my Audi A4. They replaced it many years ago, when located on Oxford in SLP without issues. This time there were many issues.

Category auto glass

02/14/2017

Amy S.

I called on Monday afternoon, was told that someone could come out to do the repair the next day between 2 and 5pm. I was told that the worker would call me on his way over, which was important since I do not live at the property (I am renting it to my son and his friend). I double-checked this point with the scheduler, and was assured that I would receive a phone call prior to them showing up. My husband was able to go to the house after all, but when he got there at 2pm, Glass Doctor had already come and gone and left a quote with our tenant. I never did get called. So, the work didn't get done, they didn't call, and the price they wanted was pretty high-$300. We will not be using Glass Doctor now or in the future.

Description of Work
We needed a window replaced in our back door.

09/02/2016

James S.

Great, from estimate to installation

Description of Work
Install frameless shower enclosure

04/13/2016

William G.

It was okay but I would give them a B though. That is why I give them the B, it was a little high. They were on time. We moved out of the area.

Description of Work
They replaced some skylights for us.

Category replacement windows

03/14/2016

Richard K.

Great, professional and friendly Kama as well as Timely.

Description of Work
Replace glass on broken double pane vinyl window

06/08/2015

Kathryn H.

First, they came to measure the windows. They suggested we replace 5 (one being half of a sliding door.) We paid $500 up front and didn't get any work order. Then, we realized the other side of the slider should be replaced too because it looks foggy, or that we should replace the whole door. When I called to ask about that they were rude, and said it was our fault for not noticing the window fog when the technician was measuring. So I added a window to the order. When they came to actually replace the windows it was 2 guys who came in separate cars. They were late, but did call to tell us they'd be late. When they arrived they had 5 windows. Somehow the order got screwed up so we were a window short. The office people are so rude and unresponsive and I had very little faith in the two guys who came to install. I would not recommend these people. I'm not having them do the last window because I don't ever want to see or talk to these people again. The windows look ok.

Description of Work
I had 5 glass panes replaced in windows.

03/08/2015

Barb M.

We decided to go with another provider. However, pricing was very comparable to what one other company offered (just a difference in warranty - 10 years vs 15 years).The third company we had contacted was much higher in price. I would definitely recommend the Glass Doctor to anyone looking for professionals with excellent pricing and knowledge of window pane replacement.

Description of Work
Doug came out and measured and gave us pricing for replacing 6 large thermopane windows. He answered all my questions and provided us with a quote by e-mail. Sue followed up by phone to see if we had any questions and to see if we were interested in scheduling installation.

02/12/2015

Tami M.

This started on October 15, 2014 and as of January 12, 2015, this is still ongoing! Because of the cold weather, needing to re-measure and order again. We are still waiting for another window pane. The first one did not fit correctly. The second one fit but had a scratch and hand print between the panes. The third and final window went in on February 6, 2015. This one fits and is clean (good quality control by the Glass Doctor, not so good by the manufacturer of the window). The Glass Doctor did everything they could to make us happy with the final product.

Description of Work
Replaced the big picture window in the bay window we have.

11/23/2014

JIM W.

Because of the good reviews on Angie's List, I chose Glass Doctor to replace the glass in a large living room window that was accidentally broken by a neighborhood kid even though they were not the lowest bidder. Unfortunately, my experience with them was horrible. Here were my issues related to their poor service. The Estimate -- my wife had to stay home from work to wait for an estimator who never showed up in the agreed upon time frame. After calling the office, she was informed that the estimator decided to not come to work that day. Very frustrating that no one called us proactively and that my wife had to sit take time away from work, but we moved on and rescheduled our appointment for another day when the estimator did show. First Glass Replacement -- apparently, they hire inexperienced laborers to help carry the windows. Unfortunately for us, the laborer they hired to help with our window dropped his side of the new glass and created a chip in it. As a result, we had to replace our badly broken glass with the new slightly broken glass -- and, of course, schedule yet another visit from them with a replacement to the replacement glass. Second Glass Replacement -- now on our 4th time of having to take time off of work for Glass Doctor, I waited until 30 minutes past the time frame they committed to. When I called the office, they had no idea why they were late or why no one had the courtesy to let me know what was going on. By the time the guy with the glass replacement actually showed up, he was about 90 minutes late and I lost even more time away from work. No apologies, no discounts for the hassle that required about 8 hours of missed work. Never again, and I hope that others can avoid the experience my wife and I had.

Description of Work
Replaced a 4 ft x 5 ft window

09/08/2014

Becky B.

No problems. Had to wait for part to arrive in stock.

Description of Work
Replaced thermal window

07/31/2014

Joan B.

Everything went extremely well.

Description of Work
Replaced glass in a cracked window.

06/19/2014

Bruce A.

Their customer service and installation people were fantastic. I would highly recommend them if you need and kind of glass installation.

Description of Work
installed a glass for a dinning table.

05/29/2014

Judy A.

The glass shower door fits perfectly and it only took about 1 1/2 hours to install. The product is outstanding and looks beautiful in our new bathroom.

Description of Work
Installed a glass shower wall and door. Also applied a protective coating on the glass.

05/01/2014

Art T.

The service was friendly, affordable and the turn around seemed good. They replaced the glass in a broken storm window and we're satisfied with the work and would use them again.

Description of Work
Repaired a broken storm window

11/30/2013

Sara H.

This project went very well. The glass was broken on the day before Thanksgiving. We called Glass Doctor of Minneapolis, they answered right away, were able to provide an estimate based on the measurement I provided, and scheduled a specialist for the day after Thanksgiving. We rescheduled for the following day to better fit our schedule. Steve called on the morning of the appointment, just to check in with us, showed up right on time, measured the glass and provided us choices. Steve had all that he needed with him and the job was done quickly. Steve was prompt, friendly, and professional.

Description of Work
Replaced a single pane of glass in the interior front door.

10/21/2013

Margaret I.

Very easy to work with and schedule. Very professional. I was surprised a common window size wasn't in stock and took over a week to order but otherwise I was very pleased with their service. Price a little high, I thought.

Description of Work
Replaced a broken egress window

Category replacement windows

09/26/2013

Amy K.

We are happy with the end product. Everything looks great. Only problem was the scheduling, as I was told it would only take a few days to get it installed once the glass came in and then they were over a week out. Then on our scheduled day, at the last minute we got a call saying the glass installation person as sick and so we had to wait another 5 days to get the glass installed. This was just inconvenient as we had to take time off from work both days.

Description of Work
Shower Glass

Category glass repair

I apologize for the inconvenience of the scheduling issues. Let me know if there is anything else we can do to make your experiance with our company better. Bryce Stahlke

08/21/2013

Pamela J.

Went well and window still look good.

Description of Work
Replaced insulated glass in several windows.

08/18/2013

Katherine K.

I was very impressed with the provider. I broke a pane of glass, was headed out of town the next day. The company was able to rearrange someone's schedule to squeeze me in right away. The worker who came called before he arrived, was extremely courteous and helpful, didn't even mind that I looked over his shoulder for part of the time so I could learn a bit more about window glazing. Having never replaced a pane of glass before, I'm not sure if the price was competitive. It did seem expensive ($215 for one replacement pane). However, the worker didn't try to push anything on me--he measured and called the home office for the quote and gave me the full price before starting anything. And he was able to cut and place the glass right away, which was very helpful to me since I was headed out of town. The service was excellent and I'd definitely recommend this company to someone else.

Description of Work
Replaced a broken window pane in an old window.

07/18/2013

David E.

Great Again - Used them 2 weeks before, I was so impressed had another job done!

Description of Work
made a custom sheet of glass for a dresser top

06/14/2013

David E.

super positive from start to pickup

Description of Work
made a sheet of custom glass from a bedroom dresser

05/03/2013

KARLA L.

They never responded to my inquiry.

Description of Work
I contacted this company through Angie's List to get an estimate and they never responded to my inquiry.

Category glass repair

I apologize fro not responding. I do not remember seeing a request last week but we were in the middle of moving our office and warehouse last week and I could have slipped through. If you would still like we could certainly take care of your glass and mirror problem. 952-930-3297

12/19/2012

Jennie D.

The frame around the glass door for our shower came off and we were not able to get the frame back onto the glass. I took the glass door to Glass Doctor and they fixed it quickly and only charged me $25 for labor.

Description of Work
repaired frame around shower door glass

11/30/2012

Jasmine D.

They arrived on time and was very professional. They made recommendations and had pictures of shower enclosures to choose from. They also had samples of the different glass types to choose from. The only thing I didn't like was their price. Overall great company though.

Description of Work
Estimate of a new shower enclosure

Kaufman Sheet Metal & Roofing Inc

Kaufman Roofing has been in business since 1930, working in the Twin Cities and surrounding neighborhood. With the peculiar nuances affecting roofs in the Twin Cities; varying roof types (slate, tile, wood shakes, metal, & flat), harsh weather conditions, and seasonal extremes, our experience is invaluable. Our philosophy hasn't changed since we started doing roofs in Minneapolis, St. Paul, and the surrounding areas nearly a century ago.

RAPID GLASS

Rapid Glass is your local family owned Home Glass Repair and Auto Glass Replacement experts. We provide "Quality Service at an Affordable price". Whether you’re replacing one broken or cracked window or all the windows in your house have bad seals, are fogged and have condensation or moisture between the glass panes, we are sure to save you money. We are experts in design and installation of Custom Glass Shower Doors, enclosures and glass shower panels. Shower doors can be framed or frameless with different patterns of glass. Whether it’s a bathroom remodeling project or you want to update that broken or water stained shower door. Shower door installation is a breeze with Rapid Glass. Our auto glass replacement and windshield repair technicians are certified and install only the highest quality glass at an affordable price. Whatever your glass needs may be, we will provide fast, affordable service to most Minneapolis and St. Paul suburban areas.

Excel Renovation, LLC

Servicing West Hennepin, Wright County, and surrounding areas, we strive to provide our clients with exceptional experiences in home renovation. Whether it’s remodeling a single room, replacing a roof, some windows, or even a complex whole-house renovation, Excel wants to make your house the best that it can be. We work with you to deliver spaces that make you feel at home, no matter the size of the home or the budget.

2022 Super Service Award

Auto Glass

Insulated Windows. Shower & Tub Enclosures. Office Glass. Doors. Table Tops. Mirrors. Patio Doors. Energy Efficient Windows Replacement. Auto Glass.