BACKSTROM REMODELING

Founded 2002 • With Angi since December 2006

12780 VINA LN

Eden Prairie, MN 55346

We are a local, family owned and operated custom remodeler. We specialize in remodeling and renovation of twin cities homes- We offer unique up front pricing with a realistic price range. We respect our clients enough to be honest about the numbers. In exchange, they trust us to do the right thing.

03/08/2022

Stacey C.

Bryan was able to offer us great ideas of how to create a new space in our existing room. It was because of this that we initially hired him. There were structural challenges and Bryan and his "team" were able to meet and exceed the challenge. Throughout the remodel, everything was kept clean and picked up. He listened carefully to what we wanted and really brought our vision to life. We now have a beautiful room that we can now enjoy and adds so much more value to our home. My husband and I would recommend Bryan Backstrom Remodeling!

Description of Work
Sunroom Remodel

Category electrician, insulation, lighting, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, interior painters, doors

02/19/2021

Diane W.

We connected with Bryan at Backstrom Remodeling to give us a quote on a number of odd jobs in our kitchen including some custom work. We also wanted an old vanity, wall cabinet and lightening to be pulled out and reinstalled with the new pieces my husband and I picked out in our master bathroom. Bryan promptly set up a time with us and delivered his quote. We began the work and feel like his part was executed as he promised. Himself and his team always were on the job at the time he said he would be here, and they worked very efficiently. Always wearing a mask as well without being asked which we appreciated. We will absolutely connect with Backstrom again for any further work. we would like to have done.

Description of Work
A number of things in the kitchen and bathroom

Category custom cabinets, electrician, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

06/23/2019

Sarah L.

We engaged Backstrom Remodeling for the complete remodel of our first floor, which included: - new kitchen - taking down walls - removing popcorn ceiling - all new flooring - new trim - new windows - multiple design adds and changes We absolutely love the result and wouldn't change a thing. Even though we went WAY over our original budget, it was because my husband and I made additions and changes throughout the project and we are SO happy that we did. Bryan would say, "I'll do whatever you want!" and then give us the cost impact so we could make an informed decision as to whether to proceed. He is meticulous in his craftsmanship and makes sure it's done right. One of the best things is his communication--I work from home and I'm a freak of a planner, so it was important to me to know what work was scheduled for the next couple of days. It was also important to me that the guys he brought into my home were polite and professional, and that I felt safe with them there. Hands down a fantastic team. After hearing horror stories from friends and families about contractors gone bad, it was a relief to work with Bryan--he offers great ideas, is very knowledgeable, fair, works hard, and is fun to be around. We are already hoping to have Bryan do our Phase 2 (upstairs), Phase 3 (bathrooms), and Phase 4 (deck)!

Description of Work
complete remodel of first floor

Category countertops, electrician, flooring contractor, insulation, lighting, plumbing, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

08/01/2018

Matt F.

I hired Backstrom Remodeling for some framing work. They were always extremely professional and responsive, and finished the job fast and with high quality. I would definitely use Backstrom Remodeling again.

Description of Work
Framing Work

Category remodeling

12/21/2017

Jennifer H.

Our new bathroom updates are wonderful. The master bathroom had a horrible jetted tub and a teeny tiny shower. Bryan gutted the bathroom and remade it into our dream bathroom. He was able to keep existing cupboards and stained them to our chosen color. I always felt comfortable with Bryan in our house, even around our young children and cat. Tip: Make sure to record what you discussed and any specific details you asked for. This will help communication between you and Bryan.

Description of Work
Master Bath and upgrades in two other bathrooms

12/21/2015

Richard and Phyllis S.

Courteous & profressional

Description of Work
provided estimate for services

11/27/2015

HEIDI L.

He worked with our budget by doing all the work up to the point of painting and we did the rest. He offered to come back and finish the lighting when our work was completed. He came in slightly under budget and the work was quality. His team was professional and work was done in the timeframe we discussed.

Description of Work
Expanded our entry closet to walk in (approx 8x8)

01/01/2014

Nassim R.

Bryan was a pleasure to work with. He was extremely reliable and professional. He was also very patient with last minute additions, changes, questions, etc. (I'm a micro-manager). His initial bid is in the form of a range, which is actually kind of nice. His number was right in the middle of the 4 bids we obtained. I wish the individual costs were spelled out a little more explicitly but ultimately the final number was reasonable. He has people that he works with, which was helpful for the flooring, but he is also very cool about the client taking the lead on selections, as we did with some things or if you just want him to take care of things (he picked out a sink for us). He is knowledgable and did not hesitate to give us his honest opinions on products we were considering, which I appreciated. I would definitely work with Bryan again and would refer him to friends and family without hesitation.

Description of Work
Condo remodel Removed existing sink and faucet, installed new sink and faucet, Framed up bedroom with studs, framed up bathroom wall with studs, moved electrical per code, installed new light switch on the wall, sheet rock tape and mud, patched and taped all existing walls as needed, primed and painted 2 coats on all walls, installed 2 new Maple doors to match existing, clearcoat and install doorknobs, removal of existing flooring in Condo and disposal, installed new engineered flooring and new baseboards to match. Includes all labor and materials. Added items Removal of old floor in laundry room, install new hardwood floor in room and install new trim, reinstall washer, install new lights in bathroom and bedroom supplied by customer, pick up and installation of new kitchen sink, install new closet shelving in both closets, includes all labor and incidental materials.

Category appliance repair, closet systems, electrician, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, lighting, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

12/17/2013

Thomas G K.

We signed the contract on July 31st. The 3-5 week project started October 2nd still waiting for shower glass. Seven weeks into the project, Bryan sent us a different contract with less work for more money. My husband ended up doing some of the finish work. Bryan's ratings on Angie's list are all A's. Don't believe everything you read on Angie's list.

Description of Work
bryan was hired to totally remodel our master bath.

12/02/2013

Kevin B.

I have used Backstrom's Services for a couple of other larger projects and have always been very satisfied. Everyone is very professional which is important to me with having three kids at home. He is very timely and knows what he is doing. There are no corners cut. Most important of all is the end result which has always met or exceeded my expectations. In this last scenario, I gave Bryan a call, certain he would not be available to help on short notice. He was in the middle of another job, but he was able to make time the same day to come over to assess the situation. He was able to reset the piece of foundation and repair the garage door so we could get my wife's car out. That's the best service I received in quite a while!

Description of Work
In this recent experience, Bryan(the owner) came out to fix some foundation/structual issues with my garage that was preventing the door from opening. I unfortunately caused the issue by accidentally driving into the garage!

Category remodeling, garage builders, home remodeling

11/15/2013

Elizabeth C.

Cleaned furnace, fireplace, ducts, dryer vent, out cap on outdoor vent

Description of Work
Cleaned furnace, fireplace, ducts, dryer vent, out cap on outdoor vent

Category remodeling

11/16/2012

claire R.

See above.

Description of Work
We initially signed a contract with Backstrom Remodeling to do a small project, thought he seemed knowledgeable and reasonably priced. We later, before work began, cancelled the contract because of 2 things: he was unwilling to open an account with a big home construction retailer for no good reason that we could see and also he tended to want to change aesthetic elements of the project for no good reason (not having to do with function or ease of building). We had already paid a substantial deposit and he had done a small job for us so we owed him for that, but he wanted a lot for that and hesitated to refund the money. Finally he did refund all of it and we paid him for the work done. Perhaps there was mutual misunderstanding here but it was kind of a difficult situation. It is unfair to assign a grade based on this experience but must be done to complete the review.

11/05/2012

THUOC R.

Description of Work
BACKSTROM REMODEL COMPANY DID A WONDERFUL JOB OF STOP A WIDOW WATER LEAKING THAT I WANT TO GIVE OWNER BRIAN BACKSTROM AN A ON THE SERVICE

11/02/2012

Thomas B.

He kept us informed daily on the process and progress. cleaned up after every day on the job

Description of Work
Full Kitchen remodel, including cabinets, sink, floor, closet addition. Attention to details was wonderful. Perfection may be his middle name.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, lighting, plumbing, replacement windows, home remodeling

02/21/2012

Ken H.

I hired Bryan to replace the tile in the master bath shower and install new vanities in both bathrooms. He provided the name of an excellent source from which to procure the vanities and did an outstanding job installing the new ceramic tile. Any technical problems (eg, one of the vanities was 1/2" too wide for the opening) he handled with ease. Has great ideas and nifty tools. A drawer in the guest bath vanity bumped into the cold water supply underneath, so he took the drawer to his work shop that night and modified it slightly to fit. Excellent communication. He loves his job and it shows.

Description of Work
Replace ceramic tile in master bath shower. Install new vanities in master bath and guest bath.

Category ceramic tile, woodworking

01/31/2012

Kelly B.

Bryan was prompt and fair in quoting the job. We were kept informed of any issues and possible added costs throughout the project. Project went very smooth. Any needed subcontractors were just as professional as Bryan. Jobsite was kept clean and organized. We are very happy with the results and would recommend Backstrom Remodeling to anyone.

Description of Work
We were in dire need of a kitchen refresh. Minimal structure (non load bearing wall removed), cabinets and countertops.

12/14/2011

Kelly L.

It was a little bit more than I wanted to spend. The experience went well. They were prompt. I would work with them again if I was doing my kitchen or something else.

Description of Work
Backstrom Remodeling gave me an estimate about three weeks ago for a bathroom remodeling and rebuilding a shower.

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling

10/06/2011

Thomas B.

Clean, quality craftsmanship, timely.

Description of Work
Window installation, celing repairs, dining room remodel, skim coat, paint, carpentry crown molding

Category closet systems, decks, handyman service, insulation, remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling, doors

10/05/2011

Deb N.

After contacting other contractors we decided to go with Bryan for the replacement of our shower unit. While finishing up the bathroom I was so happy with the work he had done I asked for an estimate to replace the attic ladder and bathroom fans. The project took a bit longer than expected because of running into some unforeseen problems. The new ceramic tile and shower looks great. Bryan went above and beyond answering my questions as well as giving me pointers on how to keep things properly maintained. I will definitely be hiring Bryan again when I am ready to have the other bathroom redone. I couldn't be happier with the job Bryan has done.

Description of Work
replace fiberglass shower unit, install new bathroom fans, install attic stairway ladder.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, home remodeling

12/11/2010

Loretta M-J E.

I emailed this contractor to provide me with a bathroom remodel estimate. They didn't even bother to reply to my request.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel inquiry

09/30/2010

Thomas B.

Bryan helped us with the concept, made helpful suggestions, yet made sure to let us make the decisions as to what we wanted. He kept us informed as to the progress and the plans, was punctual and most importantily was clean, and neat with daily clean ups. Most importantly, there were no surprises as to additional costs. His estimates were right on, if we had addtions or change orders he was detailed and made sure we had discussions and we agreed upon those costs for what we wanted added.

Description of Work
Bryan did a complete kitchen redo. New wood floor, new counter top, new sink and all plumbing, new appliances and appropriate hook ups, took out and reinstalled radiator, created new closed space, shelving design and install, doors, weather strip, insulation, hardware, complete makeover of all cabinets, including carpentry work for reconfiguring of existing cabinets, frames, new paint, stain, clear coat, new wall paper, new moldings and trim, ceiling and wall repairs, all electrical fixtures, all painting finishing and clean up. Wow, now that I type up that whole list I realize all that he did do. All with care, precision, craftsmanship and pride in performance and end result that is fantastic.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, closet systems, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

09/30/2010

Thomas B.

From estimate and consultation, suggestions and ideas for us to consider to timely start of the work and quality and timely completion this was a wonderful experience with a fantastic end result.

Description of Work
New bathroom counter top, new sink and fixture, new shower and tub plumbing, reair of ceramic tile, new toilet, walls fixed and painted

Category ceramic tile, countertops, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

09/11/2010

ELIZABETH D.

Bryan is very personable, knowledgeable, and does quality work. He was easy to work with and added other ideas to ours. We wanted our garage sheetrocked and insulated. We hired Pursuit Drywall to do the sheetrocking, and that company got us in touch with Bryan Backstrom, of Backstrom Remodeling, because the garage was not sheetrock ready. From then on, we mostly worked with Bryan. He orchestrated the remodeling. He subcontracted out the electrical work, and we were very pleased with him and his work too. (He stumbled upon work done by a previous electrical company we have hired, that was not up to par, and fixed it.) Bryan had some tedious work to do with the ceiling framing. Not only did he have to add more framing, but he had to add long strips of framing wedges to existing framing to make them all level for sheetrocking. Since we were so pleased with Bryan on the garage project, we hired him to repair our deck railing installation that was not done properly by a previous company we hired. He did it right. At this moment we are hiring him to install 2 new windows in the garage, and may have him install new windows in our 3-season porch. We would highly recommend Backstrom Remodeling. He did a great job on everything and is such a nice guy.

Description of Work
Re-framed the inside of garage to prep it for drywall, rewired electricity in garage, added more lights and outlets in garage, installed pull-down ladder in garage ceiling, added insulation into home attic and garage, made cut out in garage wall for mailbox slot, installed new garage walk-in door, repaired deck railing installation (due to poor installation by another company), corrected poor wiring in kitchen.

Category contractors, decks, insulation, remodeling, replacement windows, garage builders, home remodeling

01/31/2008

ALLISON H.

Fabulous! Bryan was on time and extremely pleasant. The work he did was wonderful. If we ran into an issue that may effect the estimate he was very upfront about cost and options. He was very respectful of our other living space; cleaning up after himself each day, etc.

Description of Work
Replace window, remove sink, replace vanity, redo wall from tile to ceiling, replace ventilation fan, strip and paint doors and cabinets, paint walls and ceiling.

Category remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking, ceiling fans, home remodeling, interior painters

12/02/2006

JENNIFER K.

Our project went very well. Bryan's attention to detail was excellent. He was professional, on-time, courteous, and very thorough. With some general direction on how we wanted the trim work to be done, he completed the work in a top notch fashion. There were no issues with the job site cleanup or leaving work unfinished.

Description of Work
Removed an existing wall and installed an exterior door, including all interior and exterior trim work. The project involved rough and finished carpentry, some ceramic tile work, and external stone/mortar installation.

Category ceramic tile, masonry, remodeling, woodworking, doors