Peak Heating & Cooling, Inc

Founded 2005 • With Angi since June 2000

7801 Park Dr Ste B

Chanhassen, MN 55317

From winter's chill through the dog days of summer, our primary goal at Peak Heating & Cooling Inc. is to keep your home comfortable and your family safe. Peak Heating & Cooling Inc. offers 24 HOUR EMERGENCY SERVICE and the very best when it comes to ensuring your equipment operates safely. We will help you save money on your fuel bills. And, we help deliver relief to those with allergies and many others concerned with the quality of the air they breathe. By doing what it takes to ensure each customer's complete satisfaction, Peak Heating & Cooling Inc. is welcome in more homes in the Chanhassen / Eden Prairie area than any other contractor. We invite you to give us a call....

03/31/2022

John F.

I haven't had any problems since and I would hire them again.

Description of Work
They replaced my furnace and AC system.

03/22/2022

jen M.

We recently moved into a new home that has both a boiler and furnace. Both units are older but work great. Peak was recommended to us so we asked Peak to come take a look and a**** what we are working with. The service techs attempted to red-tag my boiler, stating that it is incorrectly vented, when in reality it is correctly vented to the manufacturer's specifications. The techs didn't know that I know quite a bit about boilers and immediately launched into a sales pitch to replace the unit. The Peak techs either didn't know what they were doing or were trying to take advantage of me--who they guessed was just a female homeowner who doesn't know anything about how heating systems work. Two other local companies have since visited my home and reported that even though my systems are older, they are in fine working condition and have plenty of life remaining. My advice would be to RUN from Peak and don't look back.

Description of Work
Boiler and Furnace Inspection & Cleaning

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

On the initial phone call with Mrs. [Member Name Removed] she noted she was looking for a “reputable HVAC contractor that she could trust”. Our technician, a 15 year, Nate certified veteran, arrived on-time and proceeded with the tune-up. On his initial overview he knew both the boiler and furnace exceeded the average lifespan we see in the industry today as it was noted in the work order. Much to his surprise, both the furnace and boiler checked out operational. Our technician’s immediate attention was focused on the boiler exhaust venting. It was determined that the venting violated many of today’s mechanical codes and posed not only a carbon monoxide concern but also a fire concern. There were signs of rusting and cracking which is an immediate concern for flue gasses leaking back into building. We also found the exhaust venting resting on the wooden rim joist as it exited the home. For liability concerns Peak’s protocol is to shut down equipment in this state and provide immediate repair options. When trying to explain our concerns to Mrs. [Member Name Removed] our staff was threatened with “get out and I am calling the cops”. Our technicians tried to de-escalate the situation by explaining in further detail the compromised venting. As the situation seemed to calm, Mrs. [Member Name Removed] requested a second time to send options to replace the equipment. As a 4.9 star ranked company on Google for the 17+ years we have been in business, it seems like there is always going to be a .10 star of customers that misunderstand or perhaps don’t like the diagnosis from our technicians. Achieving a 5 star reputation is our company’s goal, not pushing the sale of equipment. This is one of the big reason’s Peak’s technicians do not work off of commission. In this particular case we would sooner give up a 5 star review in order to keep a customer’s family and home safe.

03/20/2020

Fran S.

Honestly, this was the best experience we have had with an HVAC company. Prompt, courteous, knowledgeable and fixed the issue at a reasonable cost. We will use again and recommend to others. Sean was the best and we appreciated his insight into our furnace situation.

Description of Work
Furnace repair

02/28/2018

SANDRA P.

I was without heat during a bitterly cold weekend. Peak was kind enough to send someone out on an emergency repair that Saturday without charging me an extra emergency charge. The very thoughtful and helpful repairman replaced batteries in east thermostat (west ok) He informed me that some zones weren't dampened at all, thus not controlling the house properly. He advised that custom dampers would need to be installed and zone control updated for zones to work properly. I couldn't afford to continue with this repair at the time. He was awarded thank-you hug from me for his patience and generous helpful suggestions.

Description of Work
Furnace inducer motor assembly needed to be replaced (motor bearing was defective). Replaced batteries in east thermostat (west ok) Honeywell Environmental Air Cleaner power head is defective--repairman recommended not to bother replacing the unit--just to remove the metal filter panels and insert Filtreite filters that he reassured will filter just as efficiently.

12/05/2017

Vikki J.

Very good. Liked the technician; will have them out in the future for my A/C & furnace.

Description of Work
They did an annual check of my furnace.

09/19/2017

Sarah C.

Yes, I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Routine maintenance.

09/19/2017

Sarah C.

They are outstanding. Yes, I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Routine maintenance.

Todd S.

We have been with them 2000. They were very professional and efficient. They were very friendly. One person came out and they left the area very clean. It took them a half an hour at the most. It's still a pretty new furnace. They were just checking the specs to make sure everything is where it's suppose to be.

Description of Work
They checked the furnace over to make sure it was fine.

Todd S.

They told me that there was a start of a crack in the flue, and that the furnace would need to be replaced. I have been completely satisfied. I have no desire to try and find someone else. I have no reason to.

Description of Work
They came out for a service call.

Todd S.

I have been very satisfied. I did a little comparing on the price. I don't know if they were the cheapest, but they did a very good job. I have used them for quite awhile, actually before they did this work. They serviced my old furnace. I don't know if someone there purchased from the previous owner, but they installed our original furnace and air conditioner when we had our house built in 1998. It then became Peak, and we have always had them service us. They have always been prompt and good with that, so I just stayed with them when I got the new air conditioner. They have been reliable and responsive to our needs always.

Description of Work
They put in a new furnace and central air conditioning for us.

Twin Cities Finest

***COVID-19 UPDATE - WE ARE AN ESSENTIAL BUSINESS. WE ARE OPEN AND READY TO SERVE YOU!!*** Twin Cities Finest only uses top-of-the-line equipment and Truck Mounted Butler System that gives your carpet, tile and rugs a deeper clean. Nothing cleans better! If furniture needs to be manipulated during the cleaning process, we have special tabs and Styrofoam blocks to protect your carpet and furniture. We use special corner guards to make sure your walls and personal belongings are protected while in your home as well as protecting your floor surfaces such as wood floors we might have to walk over with our special floor protection coverings. We know that the hoses can create damage to stairs, hardwood flooring, wood railings, and sheet rock corners. The last thing you want to deal with is having to hire another contractor to fix what was damaged after getting your carpets cleaned. We feel that these details are often overlooked in the industry.

Offers by Twin Cities Finest on Angi
    PLUMB RIGHT

Plumb Right- 763-561-3306 is a family owned and operated full-service plumbing company working in the Twin City Metro area since 1988. Winner of the North Dakota/Minnesota Better Business Bureau Torch Award for Ethics 2015-2016. We are committed to providing the best plumbing service at a fair and competitive price and dealing honestly and fairly with our customers. Plumb Right uses a straight forward pricing system with options so our customers always know what the exact price is before any work begins. We offer convenient two-hour appointment windows and answer our phones 24/7 so we are always available if you need us for an emergency. We offer Saturday appointments at Mon-Friday rates. we offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. We offer two-year warranties on all parts furnished by Plumb Right and all labor performed by our technicians on new installations. All our employees are drug tested, background checked and professionally trained. We understand our responsibility to the environment and our community. Our customers have the opportunity to join our membership club that gives you a discount on all services. Fully licensed by the State of Minnesota and carry local city licenses including Minneapolis and St. Paul.

Minnesota Vent Pro, llc.

Minnesota Vent Pro improving indoor air quality one dirty vent at a time! Minnesota Vent Pro cleans HVAC air ducts, dryer vents & dryers, chimneys. Improve the air quality of your home or business with a cleaning from Minnesota Vent Pro.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

New Installations, Repairs, Service Contracts and As Needed Service Calls. Residential & Commercial, Puron Refrigerant Specialist, Duct Work Cleaning & Design, Equipment Retrofit & Replacement.