Honeywood Builders Inc

Founded 1980 • With Angi since March 2010

6566 Shadow Lane

Chanhassen, MN 55317

I am a carpenter by trade and I not only sell and run the job but I also strap on the nail pouch. Have been in business for over 30 years. Hold a A plus rating at the Better Business Bureau. Have built new homes and many other additions and alterations. I do kitchens and baths, custom design

09/23/2015

Brian J.

Description of Work
Great service helping with the installation of a patio door! I think Brian has done this many times. He came quick, did a fantastic job and is a great guy!

Category remodeling

08/08/2015

Jill L.

Brian came to my home and provided a quotation. He was professional and great to talk with. He was very helpful and offered options, pros and cons. He provided me with a quotation which was fair and I decided to proceed with Brian. Unfortunately, after 3 attempts to get him to start my home project, he did not follow through, did not get back to me and manage my expectations he had set with me as to when he would begin the project. He ultimately made commitments with me that he could not keep. I decided to not go with him after all.

Description of Work
Quotation for home soffit, gutter, and fascia replacement project.

Category gutter repair, roofing

[Removed Member name] is correct in that I did not followup with him like I should have. He was having landscaping work done on his home witch delayed my starting the project. By the time he was ready for me to start I had numerous projects going and could not get to his like I wanted. I have been working 12 hour days to try and keep up and I should have comunicated better to him on scheduling. I have been in business for 38 years and sometimes get slammed with work and don't do a good enough job with communicating time lines.

06/02/2015

GREG R.

We have used Brian and Honeywood Builders for multiple projects over the last couple of years. We can't say enough about Brian and his work. He's the most thorough and detail oriented contractor I've ever encountered. I don't have to worry if it's being done right, because Brian is not satisfied until he thinks it's right, and Brian is very demanding of himself. I never have to linger or "supervise" because there is no need to with Brian. From the smallest detail to the bigger Issues, Brian will tackle the job thoroughly, professionally, and competently. The best thing about Brian is that even the smallest of details are important to him, and he will always ask for your input on decisions that will affect the outcome of the project, no matter how trivial they may appear. Brian is careful in your home, always cleans up each day, and does his best to be out of your way. He even entertains our old dog Jake, who is 13 yrs old, and developing cataracts due to his age, so he likes to bark at everyone he doesn't recognize, including Brian! Every day Jake would bark, and Brian would just laugh and pet Jake. Not everyone would react that way. All in all, I will be using Brian again for other home projects, and I hate to do this because he is already busy enough, but I would highly recommend him for any project you may be considering in your house too. He's simply the best contractor I've had the luck to have in my house.

Description of Work
Bathroom tear out and remodel, including new tile flooring. Front entry stairs and landing tear out and remodel, including new tile flooring, new wood stairs, and all related work. Tear out of all downstairs floor trim and replacement after drain tile installed. Removal of all doors and retrimming of bottom due to new carpet installation.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, doors

08/06/2014

Jessica B.

Brian was great! The basement looks better than before and the work was very professional.

Description of Work
Brian finished my basement after water damage and mold growth had been remediated.

Category remodeling, basement remodeling

04/27/2014

Ramon C.

We had trouble obtaining written estimates from other contractors. My husband and I had no idea what the work would cost and Brian was about the 4th person we tried to contact to confirm a price and verify the date would work with his schedule. He was very responsive and provided an estimate and confirmed the date was acceptable. We had a slight glitch when it appeared Brian might have trouble reconnecting the plumbing due to the new under mount sink. He was very willing to assist us but we decided to have a plumber finish the reconnection in the event more work would be required. Brian was very careful in removing the old countertops and patched a small tear on the wall. We are planning to do more work next year (wood floor in living room and update a bathroom) and would be confident in his ability to do these jobs. We are grateful for his last minute assistance and careful work removing the old counter tops.

Description of Work
Removed kitchen counter tops and sink to prepare for granite counter installation.

Category countertops, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

11/27/2013

Laura J.

What was most impressive to us was their adherence to schedule and following through exactly as they said they would from first bid, through ordering, delivery, installation, finishing outside trim, clean-up etc. Also impressive was the comfort level of working with them. We are two women raising a child and did not feel any negative judgement on their part. They both were hard workers, even on very hot days, and took the time needed to do a thorough job. All our windows work perfectly. They spread tarps on the stairs and throughout the house when hauling debri out and tidied up after themselves evey day. They did make some gouges in new vinyl flooring in basement. I wish I had laid cardboard or rugs down beforehand but in general, we were very happy with their work and the fact that they followed through in a timely manner. Brian was good at answering questions via e-mail when we sent them and they were easy to be around. We would certainly hire either one of them next time.

Description of Work
Honeywood Builders (Brian) and Girard Construction (Randy) worked as a team to install 16 double-hung Marvin windows, 2 small basement sliders (Marvin) and one egress window in our 1910 two-story house. They also pulled out and re-poured a cement slab to repair damaged front steps.

Category remodeling, replacement windows

09/24/2012

Cheryl D.

Brian Carney of Honeywood Builders, Inc. was referred to us by a friend. He has finished basements in two of my houses. Each time, he provided a clear estimate for the work, including detailed drawings and a timeline for the completion of the project. For both projects, he came in on budget and the projects were finished before his completion date. The jobsites were kept clean and free of debris. I use Brian for all of my construction projects and highly recommend him to anyone who needs any type of construction work performed.Bri

Description of Work
Honeywood Builders finished basements in two of my houses. Complete projects from drawings to rough in carpentry through finish carpentry, carpet and paint. Including all plumbing and electrical work.

Category carpet installation, electrician, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, interior painters, basement remodeling

May Painting

Thank you for your interest in May Painting. I too am interested. Interested in listening. May Painting has conscientiously strived to provide consistent high quality painting and decorating FOR OVER THIRTY YEARS. All services are tailored for you and performed to the industry's standard. From safely handling equipment and materials, choosing the correct product, identifying possible problems, to achieving the proper surface preparation, proper material application, and finishing techniques - ARE PERFORMED AT AN AFFORDABLE PRICE! Whatever your needs, May Painting's full range of services will meet them.--- My motto has always been, "Integrity: A job well done is reward in itself." THIS IS MY COMMITMENT.

Shelton Painting Inc

Shelton Painting Inc. is a Residential Painting Company serving the Twin Cities since 1990. We offer all services for interior painting and exterior painting. We offer the highest quality paint job using the finest available paint and materials. 5 Employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No service fees. Additional phone - (612) 804-9376. Additional service area - Sherburne & Sibley counties. may contact through email. Award winning.

Offers Coupon

JOHNSON'S PAINT SERVICE INC

Family run Business for over 35 years. Experience does matter when it comes to painting done right. I am the owner and I still work on site with my guys. Todd has been with me over 20years. My charges depend on the Job. All my estimates are free and they are all itemized for each item or room done. 10% Discount given for Angies Members.

Offers Coupon

Remodeling (Residential or Commercial) Custom Additions, Basement Finish, Kitchens, Baths,Second Floor Additions, Porches,Bathrooms,