B & R Hardwood & Tile

Founded 1999 • With Angi since February 2003

B&R Hardwood and Tile has been providing leading edge residential remodeling services to the Twin Cities and greater metro areas for over 20 years. We provide Kitchen, Bathroom and living space design along with customizing your flooring project. Our personal management approach and flair for

Familly Room RemodelMaster BathroomStairway & Hardwood

hardwood floors (261)flooring (141)tile installation (116)home remodeling (58)woodworking (44)countertop installation (36)interior painting (32)marble & granite (26)drywall (22)cabinet makers (18)door installation (11)cabinet refacing (9)

08/02/2022

Carl N.

Kurt and his team did an excellent job with our projects! They were professional, on-time, and the end result was beautiful. Highly recommend B&R Hardwood & Tile.

Description of Work
Bathroom / Kitchen Remodel and Fireplace Finishing

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, plumbing, fireplaces, marble & granite, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 01/01/2022

08/02/2022

Connie K.

B &R were really great to work with. Offered suggestions, reasonable cost, followed up daily to check progress. Subs were on time, neat, pleasant to work with, experts in their craft. Projects completed on time. LOVE what they did!

Description of Work
Refreshed kitchen with granite counters, tile backsplash, new sink/faucet AND 3/4 bath tiled shower, new counter, sink, tile floor AND tile floor and new counter in master bath

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, lighting, plumbing, marble & granite, home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/02/2022

11/09/2021

Quinn D.

Kurt and his team helped us design and select materials for a floor-to-ceiling stacked stone fireplace. Pricing was transparent and communication was great throughout the project. They kept us updated on scheduling as our relatively small project was fit in with their other projects. The tile team that completed the installation was courteous and professional, and our fireplace looks stunning.

Description of Work
Fireplace remodel

Category fireplaces

Work Completed On 09/24/2021

09/28/2021

Eugene F.

My wife and I found B&R Hardwood and Tile on Angi when we were searching for consultative help on our recent kitchen remodel. Since the project was going to involve many different crafts we wanted guidance in our decision-making and help to coordinate all the different design elements and contractors. B&R had received very high recommendations on Angi and they sounded like a good fit for us. In addition, they were a local company (only a mile from our house). When we can, we prefer to support our local businesses. So, we made the phone call, and that's how it began. Kurt and Carol turned out to be exactly what we had hoped for: friendly, knowledgeable, highly experienced, low pressure, transparent, and filled with fresh ideas to make our project shine. They were extremely responsive and guided us through every single step of our project from beginning to end. Their subcontractor recommendations were spot on and either Kurt or Carol was always beside us to make the introductions to vendors, follow up on the work, assist with solving problems, ready with suggestions to add or subtract from the project. They worked hard to keep us within our budget. Kurt and Carol became our partners in renewing our kitchen. They never stopped checking with us until we were totally happy with the result. Our kitchen turned out beyond our expectations. We walk into it in the morning now and wonder if we're in someone else's house! We absolutely recommend B&R Hardwood and Tile.

Description of Work
A kitchen remodel that included a new countertop and backsplash, cabinet repainting, lighting and electrical updates, and new appliances.

Category countertops, electrician, lighting, marble & granite, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 09/20/2021

09/07/2021

Bruce I.

Exceptionally well. I found both Kurt and Carol (Owners) to be very informative, punctual, responsible and responsive from pre-planning to completion. They select very competent sub-contractors and are immersed in the project all the way to completion. They were also very good at putting up "guard-rails", preventing me from making any design or construction errors. Beyond their excellence and consideration for their client, their pricing/cost was right on target and very reasonable. They started when promised and finished slightly ahead of schedule and kept me apprised of each day's schedule. This is the second remodeling project (Master bath remodel) they have completed for me with great satisfaction on my part. I would have no hesitation on contracting with them again and recommend them highly.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodeling work

Category custom cabinets, countertops, drywall, electrician, hardwood floor, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 07/01/2021

08/06/2021

Kent F.

Excellent work and I am planning more projects with B&R Hardwood and Tile. Quality, efficiency, and integrity is superior.

Description of Work
Hardwood Flooring Project in the living room, kitchen, dining and office.

Category flooring contractor

Work Completed On 06/01/2021

Thank You for your business.. We are happy you enjoyed the final transition. Enjoy

05/10/2021

Scott G.

B&R is awesome. They were with us every step of the way during our kitchen remodel. The team coordinated and completed the work on-time, on-budget and turned out better than expected. We will be back for more services.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Category countertops, plumbing, marble & granite, home remodeling

Work Completed On 12/15/2020

Glad you liked the renovation. Your house looks fantastic.. Call on us again as needed..

05/03/2021

Terry B.

Kurt and Carol were very organized. When they said someone will be at the home at a certain time and what work they were going to perform, it was always accurate. They use high quality materials and workmanship. If I had any problem with anything, Kurt would get it resolved in a short period of time.

Description of Work
Total Kitchen Remodel.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, drywall, electrician, hardwood floor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/03/2021

03/25/2021

Rachel B.

We love our new bathroom! B&R did a great job working within our budget and communicating promptly on timeline. We would hire again!

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, plumbing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 03/25/2021

Thank You for your feedback. We are happy you love what we helped you with! Enjoy..

02/05/2021

Brenda L.

Kurt and his subcontractors all did an excellent job. The quality of their workmanship was exceptional. They were on time, professional and respectful of our home. Kurt was wonderful to work with. He would bid everything out in detail, offered valuable suggestions, was honest, trustworthy and stayed involved until the project was done with perfection. Remodeling is a stressful and disruptive time, but Kurt and Carol helped us immensely and made our experience enjoyable and fun!

Description of Work
New staircase built, removal of popcorn ceilings, painting and enameling of woodwork, updates to powder room,complete laundry room remodel , wood floors installed and finished

Category countertops, electrician, handyman service, hardwood floor, lighting, plumbing, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing, doors

Work Completed On 10/28/2020

We loved working with you! Your project was an amazing transformation especially your staircase remodel!

02/03/2021

Bruce L.

Both Kurt and Carol help in designing and planning a room make-over. The end result exceeded my expectations. The room looks great! From the beginning, the project was professionally managed, well communicated and both Kurt and Carol were on top of the efforts. It was a good experience from start to finish. We are planning to have some additional work done on our house this coming spring/summer and I'm hoping B&R Hardwood will be able to help us out again.

Description of Work
We had B&R Hardwood and Tile remodel our sunroom which had suffered water damage and was out-of-date.

Category drywall, hardwood floor, remodeling

Work Completed On 10/19/2020

Thank you for your kind words! We enjoyed working with you both. You made great selections for your sun room and you have an amazing view with your beautiful back yard!

11/07/2020

DeAnna A.

B&R Hardwood & Tile did a wonderful job with our kitchen remodel. We ran into an issue with our floor cabinets, but Kurt and his team were able to provide a quick solution that kept the project moving forward. We also appreciated the communication, so we knew when contractors were coming to the house. We had a great experience with Kurt’s team, and we appreciated all the help to update our kitchen.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Category custom cabinets, home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/03/2020

Thank You for your positive feedback on your Kitchen remodel.. I love the way it came together.. Thanks and call on us again for any future remodeling..

11/03/2020

Josh H.

It went GREAT! Demolition and installation crews were courteous and professional. Work was completed on time with minimal extra wood. Sales team went above and beyond on helping us find the floor we needed by providing various options and explaining the risks/benefits of each option and meeting with us on multiple occasions. Would definitely recommend this Company if your are looking to do any remodel as the quality of work performed is exceptional. Prices are competitive.

Description of Work
Install hardwood floors on main level floor

Category hardwood floor

Work Completed On 10/19/2020

Thank You for your response. Your floors look great and we are happy you enjoyed working with B&R.. Please call on us again.. Thanks so much for your business..

10/26/2020

Tim E.

There were some minor delays in my start dates but once the projects started, they progressed very quickly. Kurt does an excellent job of scheduling so I experienced very little downtime throughout my projects. You can expect to hear from Kurt at least daily throughout the process as he over communicates regarding progress and any issues that might arise. Kurt will assist you in all aspects of preparation leading up to your project. One aspect I valued was that he accompanied me to all selection trips for supplies to my project and makes good recommendations regarding: tile, fixtures, cabinets, countertops, carpet, paint, etc. While tile and hardwood floors are B&R's specialty (and their workmanship is impeccable), I keep choosing them because Kurt has the resources to cover all aspects of my remodeling needs. You will find Kurt to be very professional and personable.

Description of Work
I've done a few phases of updating my houme interior with B&R Hardwood and Tile. I have one remaining phase and plan to use them again. Phase 1: Partial update of Kitchen (new countertops, sink, and backsplash). Phase 2: Scraping popcorn ceilings, drywall work, painting, new light fixtures, new six panel doors, and new carpet. Phase 3: Completely gutted two bathrooms including reconfiguration of master bath.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, lighting, plastering, plumbing, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 02/14/2020

Review for B & R Hardwood & Tile - 8445 Powers Pl., Chanhassen, MN - 38979401

Thank You for your confidence in our company. We appreciate the candid report and were happy you enjoyed the multiple projects you asked us to help you with.. Thank You.

10/25/2020

Anne B.

It went great! I was informed in advance what would be happening and who would be in my house every day. B & R did an outstanding job of maintaining a tight schedule so the job took as little time as possible. Carol and Kurt suggested a couple of cost saving ideas, which I appreciate very much. I highly recommend B & R Hardwood & Tile for remodeling work.

Description of Work
Master bathroom remodel

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, lighting, plumbing, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/25/2020

Thank You for hiring B&R to perform the work at your Master Bathroom.. We are happy you enjoyed the process and how it turned out.. Your bathroom looks great!

10/24/2020

Mary B.

Excellent. Kurt and his team of contractors were incredibly responsive and attentive to detail from the planning phase to completion of all work. All of the contractors were very experienced and did a terrific job. Kurt checked on the project nearly every day to assess progress and kept the project on schedule. He regularly called and emailed to inform me of the schedule and next steps. The project involved new backsplash, new countertops, new plumbing, adding island lighting, switching out all kitchen/family room lighting to LED, changing the dining room lighting, adding quiet close doors/drawers, cabinet pull out drawers, and painting cabinets. We couldn't be happier with the outcome. The new kitchen is exactly what we had envisioned and we love it! I would highly recommend Kurt Kuhlmann and his team at B&R to anyone considering remodeling and/or construction work.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, lighting, plumbing, woodworking, marble & granite, interior painters, cabinet refacing, doors

Work Completed On 07/08/2020

Review for B & R Hardwood & Tile - 8445 Powers Pl., Chanhassen, MN - 38974387

Thank You for your nice report on our remodeling project with you.. We are happy you love all we made decisions with you to do.. Enjoy your new Kitchen..

10/19/2020

ANNE B.

This is the second time we have used B&R and they did an excellent job for us again. Kurt and his team are very responsive and their work is high quality. We have hired many contractors over the years and the biggest issues we experience are lack of communication and follow through. B&R does what they say they are going to do, in the time period that they commit to, and they finish all of the details at the end of the job so that the work is 100% complete. It is also important to note that Kurt takes a personal approach to his work so that he gets to know his customers, their lifestyle and vision for the job he is being hired to manage. We highly recommend B&R and will be using them again for future projects. We only wish we could hire them for our cabin up north!

Description of Work
We purchased a home that was built in 1977 and it needed extensive remodeling. We hired B&R to install new hardwood floors and update the kitchen which included: building a new center island with granite, new granite on the countertops, new backsplash, painting the kitchen walls and cabinets for a full update.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, hardwood floor, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/01/2019

10/19/2020

Rick Q.

All of the jobs were completed to perfection. Kurt was on top of all the jobs at all times and ensured that all his employees met his high standard. All the work was done according to plan, on schedule and budget. We will be hiring B&R Hardwood again.

Description of Work
.B&R Hardwood installed flooring in our foyer, family room and kitchen. They also installed the downstairs toilet and vanity and accent lights under the kitchen cabinets. In addition, they refloored the laundry room and installed a new fireplace mantel and quartzite surround.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, handyman service, hardwood floor, lighting, plumbing, fireplaces, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/01/2020

Review for B & R Hardwood & Tile - 8445 Powers Pl., Chanhassen, MN - 38965568

Julian S.

This company does excellent work and are very reasonably priced. This is my second time using them and I would definitely hire them again!

Description of Work
Tile in master bath and replacement of shower door.

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling, doors

Work Completed On 03/31/2020

Thank You for allowing us to help you with your remodeling projects.. It has been a pleasure to work with you..

Brad J.

Great tradesmen, horrible owners and managers. Problems with honesty and customer care.

Description of Work
Hardwood floor refinishing

Category custom cabinets, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 10/10/2020

We refinished a Kitchen and Dining Room. This posting is a due to a personality conflict with the customer who was not involved with the process. They are angry for being charged $150 for moving personal contents and a large two piece buffet. They knew all contents in the rooms being refinish had to be removed. They did not remove the 2 piece glass front buffet or any contents. I spent 45 minutes looking for safe places for Waterford, China, platters etc. on the area where flooring was being refinish. We had to detach the buffet and prepare it to be moved. I am ( 60 year old) 5'5" woman and I cannot physically move heavy furniture. With a price pre- approval of the spouse that was on site, I brought in two sub contractors from another contractors job site to move the two pieces of furniture. They drove from Woodbury to Chanhassen to help me out. They charged me $125 and I charged the customers $150 for the move and 45 minutes of removing contents. If they had taken the time to move this as required, there would not have been a charge and we would not have this review. We received a nasty letter about the unfairness of this with attacks on our character. The customer short paid us $275. The spouse and I were in constant contact and no complaints were verbalized. We finished the work on time and were professional through out the process. We did exactly what we were hired to do.

Michael D.

B&R was great to work with. They gave us wonderful project, on time and as proposed. The workmanship was top notch and their workers were very pleasant to work with. We have hired them to do a complete remodel of our kitchen and most of our main floor. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Complete remodel of a 1950’s main bathroom

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, lighting, plastering, plumbing, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 10/18/2020

Review for B & R Hardwood & Tile - 8445 Powers Pl., Chanhassen, MN - 38957604

Thank You for your kind words.. Really enjoyed remodeling your older bathroom and giving us another opportunity on your main level and full Kitchen remodel! We enjoy working with you..

04/29/2020

Robert and Gwendolyn K.

Awesome job. Carol and Kurt were the best to work with I have ever seen. I found them through a friend who was using them. Carol was my lead general contractor. She arranged everything. Unlike others I have used in the past she came to every sub contractor meeting including off site guiding us in picking out tile, quartz, plumbing fixture etc. When follow up visits were needed she came then also. She helped knowing where money could be saved or when an upscale option would be better because a lower price item would not last. She was available at all hours or weekends to consult with. She came by often to check on the subcontractors. She helped with deliveries or would call to make sure everything was right. She arranged for custom made cabinetry work we wanted to be made exactly how we wanted. I would not use anyone else. Do not be fooled by their name of Hardwood and Tile --they do it all as general contractors.

Description of Work
Kitchen- New counter, back splash, sink, plumbing, lighting, ceiling Bathrooms x3 - New ceiling, mirrors, hardware, plumbing, shower, lighting Living room, family room, hall, master bedroom new carpet New painting through out

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, lighting, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, wallpaper removal, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters