United Wall Systems

Founded 1980 • With Angi since September 2008

United Wall Systems Inc. prides itself on the expert quality of its work and the high level of customer satisfaction it has achieved. With over 40 years of experience in the industry, we have the knowledge and expertise to provide exceptional craftsmanship and workmanship for you. We are specialists in new stucco applications. We also repair/restore existing stucco (re-dashing) and apply Elastomeric paint/coatings for re-coloring. Elastomeric stucco coatings will last 25-35 years and are a great option for restoring existing stucco. We repair and restore interior plaster and drywall (walls & ceilings). Water damage repair, skim coating, and popcorn texture removal. Certified Master Plasterers. Give us a call today to discuss what we can do for you!...

A Service Provider's profile image

+53 more images

Stucco Restoration

Stucco Restoration

stucco2021
Stucco restoration including repair and patching of all cracks and imperfections. Application of an elastomeric stucco coating with new color applied.

plastering (85)drywall (49)stucco (23)house painting (1)stone & gravel (1)masonry (1)interior painting (1)

04/17/2022

Dale H.

John was very friendly and professional. He always returned phone calls. Our ceilings and walls look fantastic. The crew did a wonderful job with the clean up. I would highly recommend United Wall Systems.

Description of Work
Repaired wall cracks and scrapped and Han trolled 3 ceilings

Work Completed On 03/14/2022

I love it when a plan comes together and it sure did with your ceiling and wall restoration. Thank you so much for posting this 5-star review. I will pass it on to my team.

01/30/2022

Josh F.

I would highly recommend the United Wall plaster team for several reasons beyond the fact that they did a great job with the walls and popcorn ceiling at a perfectly fair value. 1) our home was built in 1914 and has large and small plaster problems everywhere and they worked with us to make this project doable for us and them 2) for some reason there were 2 layers of popcorns ceiling, both of which were painted making them harder to remove. They were able to and then the applied their artistic touch afterwards to make the ceiling look awesome (see pictures) 3) they were able to give a great electrician recommendation to come install lights in the ceiling before their work started so they could patch the holes after as if the holes were never there 4) John was on time for every appointment, returned every call and email, and made sure to text the job status at the end of every work day 5) their prep to make sure the rest of the house was clean was truly excellent and thorough 6) they even had a towel over the plastic for the floor given that it’s winter 7) the crew was on time every morning 8) the post-job cleanup was excellent 9) they were very nice and easy to work with 10) John has been doing this for several decades and has a few additional tradecraft skills that you only get and can validate because of being in the game for several decades They were a recommendation to us and we’ll only recommend and use them for plaster work in the future. I’m crossposting this to every site that they are on.

Description of Work
Plaster wall repair and popcorn ceiling removal and finishing

Work Completed On 01/29/2022

Review for United Wall Systems - 15142 Cherry Ln, Burnsville, MN - 39613250

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a great review. My team and I really appreciate it and you for being so easy to work with. Your plaster ceilings and walls look amazing! We really enjoyed working with you on this project.

01/26/2022

MOLLY W.

John and his team did an amazing job repairing cracked and bulging plaster in the back stairway of my 1921 duplex. This entailed repairing cracking and bulging plaster in multiple spots from the basement up to the second floor--some of which were very high up. They also repaired cracked plaster in two bedrooms in the first floor unit. They completed the work in 3 days, which was amazing. It looks great, and they were so great to work with from start to finish! I would highly recommend them for quality work at a fair price.

Description of Work
Repairing plaster in my 1921 Duplex

Work Completed On 01/17/2022

Thank you so much for providing a review and trusting us with your plaster restoration. I will pass your thoughts on to my team. We really appreciated working with you on this project. Let me know if you ever need additional work done down the road. Take care.

11/29/2021

Aaron R.

I had some holes in my basement walls and ceiling after some repairs from a water pipe leak. John responded quickly to my request for a quote and came out the next day. He was very professional and talked me through what would need to be done. It was a small area but tricky, as it was a tray ceiling with knockdown texture. John did an excellent job communicating with me before and during the project. I always knew when he'd be on site and I appreciated that. Also, the project turned out flawless! I would never be able to tell that there were ever holes there. The knockdown match looks excellent too. He accomplished exactly what I was hoping for. It was a great experience from start to finish.

Description of Work
Wall and Ceiling drywall repair

Work Completed On 11/02/2021

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to post this review about your experience. I appreciate your business and working with you on this project. Providing quality craftsmanship never gets old. Thank you so much!

05/02/2021

Monica H.

We used United Wall Systems to redo the front of our stucco home after woodpecker damage. John provided options based on his experience fixing the exact problem in the past. He was patient with my questions, explained his processes and was a great communicator. I would definitely use John and his team again and recommend to others. We are very happy with the end result.

Description of Work
Refinished stucco columns and front elevation of hoe

Work Completed On 04/01/2021

Review for United Wall Systems - 15142 Cherry Ln, Burnsville, MN - 39315851

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for your review and for trusting us with your stucco restoration. What a transformation! Also, thank you for being so great to work with during this whole process. I will pass on your thoughts to my team.

04/28/2021

Jared S.

We hired United Wall to repair the stucco on our house as it was starting to crack and in a couple spots pieces had fallen away. In addition to the repair work we had the stucco painted. When in the process of gathering estimates John arrived are our home looked at the areas of concern and did a general assessment of the over all stucco condition. I appreciated this when other companies were wanting to generate an estimate from photos of our house. John also showed some before and after photos of their completed work and explained the process and the type of paint used on stucco. I felt John was very honest with his assessment and the estimate of the work was within range of what I expected. The quality of work completed was top notch.

Description of Work
Stucco restoration and painting

Category stucco, house painters

Work Completed On 04/28/2021

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for allowing us to provide quality stucco restoration for you. My team and I really appreciate it.

03/13/2021

Wayne H.

Communicated throughout project. Started and finished on time. I am happy with the results.

Description of Work
Plaster ceiling repairs

Work Completed On 03/13/2021

Thank you so much for allowing us to provide quality plaster and drywall restoration for you. We really appreciate the business and working with you on this project.

03/10/2021

John R.

John and his crew were very professional. Communication before, during and after the job was excellent. Would recommend!

Description of Work
Plaster repairs

Work Completed On 03/10/2021

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for your review and your business. I will pass this on to my crew.

01/21/2021

Edwin M.

The team was very professional and careful in ensuring everything was covered before beginning the job. They did a very nice job in patching and in making sure the patching used was of top quality to avoid any further disruption in ceiling maintenance. They also came back to go over the ceiling again as some of the patched areas did not lighten up entirely. The ceiling looks great. You can tell that John has been in business for a long time and knows what to do! His crew were very professional and considerate. Thanks!

Description of Work
I had some cracking in the ceiling over the fireplace and other patchwork that was needed.

Category drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/07/2021

Thank you so much for allowing us to provide quality plaster restoration for you. My crew and I really appreciate your business. Also, thank you for being so nice to work with.

01/04/2021

Jaklyn W.

From start to finish John and his crew provided a clear written estimates and timeline for the work. Excellent communication. The work area was contained with plastic barriers and cleaned well. Punctual, professional and respectful.

Description of Work
Ceiling patch and restoration

Work Completed On 12/28/2020

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for allowing us to provide quality plaster restoration for you. We really appreciate the business. It is always our pleasure to work for and with people like you. Take care, John - Master Plasterer

09/30/2020

David H.

They replaced a four foot section of drywall and re-finished the entire ceiling with the hand trowel texture. It looks great, very satisfied.

Description of Work
Ceiling repair and texture.

Work Completed On 12/30/2019

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We appreciate it and we appreciate the business. Let me know if you ever need any additional wall or ceiling restoration. Also, thank you for being so easy to work with. Take care. John - Master Plasterer

03/13/2020

Kevin J.

We had significant wall damage that needed repair throughout our home. I had attempted to repair myself, but the job was too large for one person to do. I hired United Wall Systems to do the work. They seemed to be very detail oriented and perfectionists, which is what I needed. They spent 5 days in my home doing these repairs. They had lights to help them in making sure the walls were sanded flush. After the first day or two we found that some areas were being missed, which were quickly addressed. Upon the final inspection, in regular afternoon daylight, there were some small imperfections, but they were very minor. As we went to paint, we noticed that there were more than a few imperfections. My wife and I had to take the next week to fix them to our satisfaction before finally painting the entire house. We wished we had kept our $5500 and just spent the two weeks doing it ourselves. I had hoped that John was more active in the project. I also want to mention that this was in the very beginning of the MN shelter in place order. John kept telling us that he couldn't work due to the order which delayed this project about 3 weeks. The construction trades were considered essential, but John kept telling me they weren't. I had other contractors in the house (which was unoccupied) who said the order allowed them to work. While I don't want anyone sick, I feel like he might have been purposely delaying my project for other reasons. Keep in mind the home was empty at the time and he said he was contacting the state for a determination on whether he could work or not. It was odd to me. The grade given is about quality of work rather than the delay of the project

Description of Work
Wall Repair

Work Completed On 04/20/2020

This review is very disappointing and not the norm. This is the first time that I have been made aware that Mr. [Member Name Removed] was not satisfied with the work that we provided. I would have responded immediately to his concerns and would have addressed any issues had I known. The safety of my crew and all others is and was a major concern. The house was "unoccupied" except for other contractors that were working in the house without masks or gloves. All of the work that we provide is guaranteed 100%. If something is not right we will make it right. This has been how we do business for the last forty years. John Laudon - Master Plasterer

01/02/2020

Renee K.

We thoroughly enjoyed working with John. He was punctual, highly communicative, and did excellent work. I initially reached out because of a problem with stucco on the exterior of our house. As we were talking, I asked if he could help with plaster repairs due to water damage (from an ice dam in the late winter). He put together a bid, recommended an excellent contractor to help with other aspects of the work, and seamlessly coordinated work with the second contractor. John and his team did great work on the repair and we are grateful for his help in assembling a team to make very needed repairs to our home!

Description of Work
Initially, United Wall Systems helped with a minor stucco repair and then helped with plaster repair in our living room.

Category plastering, stucco

Work Completed On 01/02/2020

11/30/2019

John M.

John and his team of Jeff, Tony and Sean were very pleasant to work with. They showed up every morning on time, even during a snowstorm. They repaired and coated 2 ceilings and a wall and removed a long ceiling crack. The results are truly immaculate! They also did an excellent job of cleaning up. We never do reviews but this is an exception. We would definitely hire them again. John and Carla Murphy

Description of Work
Repair of ceilings and a wall.

Work Completed On 11/25/2019

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much. It was a pleasure to provide quality craftsmanship for You & [Member Name Removed]. You were great to work with from start to finish. Master Plasterer

10/16/2019

Denise D.

John and his team were excellent! The actually were able to do the job much sooner than I expected which was great because my kitchen ceiling looked very bad. When they were done the ceiling looked much better than even before the ice dams. They protected everything from the dust created and made sure there was no cleaning for me once they left. I contacted John several weeks after the job was done and he was very helpful with some paperwork that I needed for the insurance company. Thank you John and your team!

Description of Work
repair of kitchen ceiling due to ice dam damage

Work Completed On 09/23/2019

08/23/2019

Emily N.

John and his team are amazing! We were very particular about who we hired for this job because the details of our living room plaster were one-of-a-kind. John was able to come out to our house and provide pictures of similar work that he and his team had done in the past. He had my trust from the moment I met him. The work was done in a timely manner and it was done perfectly!! I would hire John again in a heartbeat! Thank you so much, United Wall Systems!! -Jeff & Emily N

Description of Work
Restoration of 1949 plaster cove in living room

Work Completed On 08/14/2019

07/22/2019

Ron F.

Punctual - showed up when they said they would. Weather slowed work - John kept us informed. Kept work area clean.

Description of Work
Apply stucco to brick fire place.

Work Completed On 07/22/2019

07/17/2019

Kathy E.

When the brick accent and stoops on the exterior of our 1934-era stucco house deteriorated, we looked to several referral websites for repair/replacement recommendations. Now that UWS has completed the work on our home, we can add our own review: John and his crew are outstanding! Every step of the process was top-notch and exceeded our expectations. At our first meeting and throughout the project, it was clear that John's priorities and strengths are attention to detail, client communication, and an aesthetic vision for the finished project. The new facade, now natural stone, greatly enhances the beauty and character of our South Minneapolis home. We continue to receive compliments from neighbors, friends, and complete strangers! We are pleased to tell people that we worked with John Laudon and United Wall Systems.

Description of Work
Replaced deteriorating brick accent on house facade with natural stone.

Category masonry, plastering

Work Completed On 06/10/2019

Review for United Wall Systems - 15142 Cherry Ln, Burnsville, MN - 37989833

07/13/2019

Todd H.

Never even contacted me after two weeks. Nothing. Waste of my time.

Description of Work
Drywall repair.

Work Completed On 07/13/2019

[Member Name Removed], I do apologize for any inconvenience with regard to this. Communication and responsiveness is very important to me. I have checked my records and have not found any evidence of your inquiry. John - United Wall Systems

06/18/2019

Wayne O.

Refused the job - wouldn’t speak to me in person.

Description of Work
Stucco repair

Work Completed On 06/18/2019

Very strange. Never had any contact with this person. Do not have any idea what this person is referring to. Never heard of this person before I discovered this inaccurate review. John Laudon Master Plasterer

05/20/2019

Mary K.

John responded to my initial request promptly. He asked me to send some photos of the ceiling so he could see what needed to be done and give me a quote. Because he was very busy he was unable to do the job right away, but that was fine with me. When he was able to put me on the schedule he always arranged a day and time with me and then let me know each time exactly when he'd arrive. He always arrived when he said he would. He explained exactly what he would be doing. The job required four trips to allow each coat to dry. On the last trip John built a tent around the area so he could sand it without getting any dust in the house. He was meticulously clean, pleasant and professional. He obviously knew what he was doing. My ceiling now looks perfect.

Description of Work
Repair of water damage on ceiling. A small section needed popped tape removed, replaced and then plastered over.

Work Completed On 05/17/2019

04/26/2019

Richard A.

John is an absolute pro and miracle worker. We received an estimate from John to skim an area in the back stairwell, repair a ceiling crack and damage to one of our walls, skim coat a hallway on the second floor, repair front stairwell ceiling, and entirely skim coat one half of the entire front stairwell. John and his crew were extremely patient, kind, and the work was completed in just 2.5 days. We are so grateful to UWS for their professionalism and quality craftsmanship. Would love to work with John again!

Description of Work
Two stairwell walls, hallway, ceiling-plaster repair and skim

Work Completed On 04/01/2019