Nicely Dunn Handyman Service Inc

Founded 2005 • With Angi since October 2006

Please contact me at 612-741-6407 or email Scooter_d@msn.com Nicely Dunn specializes in small projects, things that may take only a few minutes or hours to take care of, up to 2 day jobs to accomplish. We can suggest professional electricians and plumbers for additional help if needed. Super

handyman (484)woodworking (57)door installation (48)fence company (40)electrician (33)plumbers (31)drywall (28)general contractors (26)lighting (23)tile installation (17)closet design (13)ceiling fan installation (12)

05/02/2021

MOLLY W.

Scott did an amazing job on our fence repair. Our wooden fence had some rotting posts and the fence was falling in as a result. Scott took out the rotting posts and replaced them with new ones. He cut the old posts into pieces so they would be ready to put out for trash pick-up. We had ropes holding up the fence, and he and his team removed those as part of the job. He is very service-oriented and did very high quality work!

Description of Work
Wood fence post replacement

Category fencing

Work Completed On 04/29/2021

04/22/2021

Pat S.

Very well. Scott did an excellent job and was nice to work with. The shutters look perfect. He worked efficiently and cleaned up.

Description of Work
Outside shutters hung

Category handyman service, dryer vent cleaning

Work Completed On 04/22/2021

03/13/2021

TIP T.

Nicely Dunn responded in a timely manner but apparently my project didn't fit into his requirements. He didn't give a reason for taking the project.

Description of Work
Repair popcorn ceiling and repair wood windowsill.

Work Completed On 03/13/2021

12/09/2020

Lance F.

Better than expected, he not only created supports with 2 by 4s, but also added a standard hand rail inside of the 2 by 4s with brackets, which I hadn't thought of. Will hire him again and have referred him to others already.

Description of Work
Added handrail to deck.

Category woodworking

Work Completed On 12/09/2020

10/20/2020

Hilbert L.

Pleased with the work performed. It's clear that Scott knows his work. He was efficient and also did a neat job, leaving my bathroom and shower tile looking great.

Description of Work
Window treatment, floor tile grout application, silicone removal and re-application in bath surround

Category handyman service, window treatments, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/19/2020

10/06/2020

DOUG S.

Scott was great [again - used in past], he was personable, knowledgable, quick and reasonably-priced, and a good communicator.

Description of Work
attach a downspout permanently, calk a window and a porch wall slab junction, fix a sticky front door.

Category gutter repair, doors

Work Completed On 10/06/2020

09/16/2020

Julie S.

Scott Dunn is a very professional handyman who carefully listens and methodically works through any issue. I was unsuccessful in removing two screws on an original hinge, but Scott flew through my dilemma with his power drill. Installing the hinges brought on another challenge. The screws in the new spring hinge package were not long enough and too big in diameter. Scott went to the hardware store to purchase the correct size screws for our metal door. I'm very pleased with the installation of our new spring hinges. I highly recommend Scott!!!

Description of Work
Installed new spring hinges on metal door

Category handyman service, doors

Work Completed On 09/16/2020

09/14/2020

Nicholas H.

I had a ceiling fan, which was wobbly at high speeds. Mr. Dunn had my fan working great in no time.

Description of Work
Ceiling fan repair.

Category ceiling fans

Work Completed On 09/14/2020

08/07/2020

Lynda O.

Did not pay me the courtesy of responding to my bid request. Guess my job was too crappy, too small or I lived too far away. Will avoid Angie’s list in future.

Description of Work
Kitchen faucet, new bathroom sink

Category awnings, plumbing

Work Completed On 08/07/2020

07/31/2020

Greg A.

Excellent quality work, and, on time and on budget. Highly recommend Scott! He helped me work with a garage door specialist too, for a repair on our garage siding and sealing. Outstanding customer service and follow through.

Description of Work
repair drywall in living room and in basement bedroom closet, repaired wall crack

Category awnings, closet systems, drywall

Work Completed On 07/31/2020

07/30/2020

Sandra M.

The gentleman from Nicely Dunn did promptly call me but suggested I e-mail him pictures of my roof and work area. I called him back the same night and left a message detailing more about my job but also informed him that I couldn't e-mail pictures but could text him pictures if that was an option for him. I never heard from him again. Maybe with the additional detail he decided it wasn't a job that he could do?

Description of Work
Install of heat tape on roof

Category awnings

Work Completed On 07/30/2020

06/22/2020

Robert L.

He was able to come up with a better solution than I proposed, and got it done in a single day. He even charged less than initially estimated.

Description of Work
I needed to modify a large, built-in bookshelf that was blocking access

Category contractors, handyman service, woodworking

Work Completed On 06/17/2020

06/01/2020

Arlene S.

It was a very good experience. Scott returned my call, reviewed my project and got back to me in a very timely manner. Came out to the house when expected and my fence has been fixed. Excellent service.

Description of Work
Repair of vinyl fence

Category awnings, fencing

Work Completed On 06/01/2020

05/14/2020

Deborah S.

Scott was prompt, thorough and professional. I would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Several of our soffits and loosened in the wind and were hanging down.

Category awnings, handyman service

Work Completed On 05/18/2020

01/15/2020

David C.

Contacted Scott via e-mail. He replied very promptly that night saying he would be passing on the work because it was outside his areas of expertise. I really appreciate his honesty and getting back to me so quickly so that I can find someone else. He was very professional. I'll hit him up again if something should come up that better fits!

Description of Work
Closet doors needed to be replaced

Work Completed On 01/15/2020

10/29/2019

James M.

My three year old fell onto our open dishwasher door, which knocked the dishwasher off of its brackets that attach it to the cabinet/counter. Scott walked me through how to fix it over email, saving me the hassle and $ of having to pay someone to come out to fix it. He was extremely helpful and generous with his time, will definitely hire him in the future.

Description of Work
Dishwasher reinstall

Work Completed On 10/28/2019

09/28/2019

Steve K.

Work was slow but of impeccable, perfect quality. Solved many problems, especially with closet. Very profession, and very nice man.

Description of Work
Fix many problems with closet (door, floor, molding, shelf). Reinstall and fix two other closet shelves, staple hanging led light wire, and saw off stopper for window.

Category closet systems, handyman service, woodworking

Work Completed On 09/28/2019

09/22/2019

Anita C.

Great! I just moved into a condo and needed a variety of small tasks done--taking down old shelves, putting up new ones, getting a few small things fixed etc. Scott was professional, knowledgeable, and on time. I'd definitely call him again if I need similar things done in my place.

Description of Work
taking down and putting up shelves; installing window shades; fixing kitchen cabinet doors; caulking shower/bathtub

Work Completed On 09/11/2019

08/10/2019

JANE B.

Everything works great. Scott was punctual, focused, and very professional.

Description of Work
Tile repair on back splash in kitchen, repaired kitchen drawers, door knobs throughout the house fixed, back door repair, replaced toilet seat, fixed a commode, fixed kitchen window and replaced toilet lever

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, doors

Work Completed On 08/08/2019

08/02/2019

cherie V.

Unfortunately the work was outside the scope of the company. However, the response time to our inquiry was outstanding.

Description of Work
We need some posts redone on our deck and front porch and some tile tear out in the bathroom.

Work Completed On 08/02/2019

07/12/2019

Subhash K.

Scott was in time, did a quick and accurate evaluation of issues and fixed it in no time. Very personable and prompt service.

Description of Work
Roof shingles and cabinet door

Category closet systems, handyman service

Work Completed On 07/12/2019

06/06/2019

David P.

Scott was excellent. The Home Depot by our house is a nightmare because of road repair. Scott was able to pick up the material and get to our house at the promised time. We have an older house so not everything is square. The wall looks great. Scott is definitely an artist. While he was here our entertainment center arrived and he was able to put that together for us too. We’ll definitely be using him again.

Description of Work
We had Scott pick up and install wall paneling on one wall of a room.