J J HAGENS INC

Founded 1978 • With Angi since October 2007

10936 TERRITORIAL DR

Burnsville, MN 55337

We have been serving the twin cities and surrounding area for over 30 years. We have a list of referrals. Our quality and craftmanship from a company you can trust. We value integrity and honesty and what you want done is our priority.

10/05/2016

Rhonda M.

He didn't protect the wood while insulating and therefore got spray insulation all over the frame of the prefinished windows and the kitchen wall. To correct the problem he simply stained over the insulation. He didn't protect the wood while using a clamp, which then left claw marks on the sill. To correct the problem he stained over the indentations. There were numerous dings, dents, and scratches on the window. The staining that he did on the trim was blotchy and there were many drip marks. He used a brown sharpie marker to "stain" the smaller areas that were missing stain. The trim work was not flat against the wall. Miter joints didn't match up. Initial stain on the trim was a horrible match, but he continued to put it up until we mentioned it to him. He responded, "Yeah, it isn't a good match." The exterior didn't look much better. He did a very poor job of caulking. There were gaps and places that had so much excess caulk it smeared all over the frame of the window! There were many problem areas that he did not tell us about, but as soon as we said something he acknowledged them. After bringing these to his attention he responded that he would address them. One of our biggest concerns were the indentation marks left by the clamps on the sill and the sash. I asked him why he didn't fix the areas correctly the first time. He responded, "I didn't have any wood filler with me." After a detailed listing of everything that needed to be fixed he only chose a handful to do and redid them poorly. We called to asked if he was coming back to finish the rest and he responded, "No." There is still caulk residue remaining on the exterior window frames. He filled in the caulk gaps, but ended up making the areas worse by smearing it on the frame. He removed drip marks from the stool, but didn't bother to refinish the trim. He filled in the clamp marks, but didn't to varnish the areas. Insulation still remains on the frame of the window. We have asked for a refund on the installation and he refuses.

Description of Work
We had four windows replaced with wood windows in our home.

Category replacement windows, woodworking

04/19/2016

Janet T.

08/11/2015

Janet T.

It was a difficult installation because the new Microwave did not fit exactly the way the old one had, Joe did an excellent job of figuring out how it would fit in the space and installing it. I was very pleased with the job and will certainly hire him again as I need work done/

Description of Work
Installed my new Microwave over my stove.

Category handyman service, woodworking

06/24/2015

Christine R.

Great

Description of Work
I decided against doing work I needed done, so did not use Joe, but was great to meet him and would use them in the future.

10/28/2014

Jennifer E.

Joe was very responsive, and I was impressed that he came out the same day that I called considering that it was a holiday weekend. Furthermore, he showed on time each day, he was able to save the wood trim around the doors which is 100 years old, and he even went above and beyond by finding a locksmith for me. He did a great job of cleaning up after himself, too.

Description of Work
They installed two entry doors on my house.

Category doors

08/22/2014

Matthew N.

I appreciated that I was walked through window information and details, and having been explained what would come from this, as well as other construction information/details for future project development or how this would be put together. We had a really rotten part of wall. It was already gutted to the frame and old windows but I could not complete with taking off more and more work, due to rain this year. Was nice to have someone come out to clean up my mess made and put the side of my house back together. Nice to not have plastic sheets on the side of the house, and having it weather shielded and ready for siding and finishing trim inside.

Description of Work
Replaced large sections of cantilevered bay window frame including insulation, and main support beams as well as complete window installation and siding cloth in preparation for siding.

05/20/2013

CLARE E.

Even though we had used Joe before and liked him, we got quotes for this job from a few different contractors. The other ones were a little mystified or overpriced so we went with Joe again. He walked in the door and within minutes told us what needed to happen to achieve what we wanted to do. He went right to work, was punctual, cleaned up after every day's work and even was patient with me when I wanted a change after initial framing was done. His touch up of our popcorn ceiling was impressive.

Description of Work
Joe knocked out a couple of wall areas and created a new entry closet. He also pulled out a wrought iron railing that ran along our basement stairwell and put a full wall there with a 3 ft step down of a half wall.

Category remodeling, woodworking

01/07/2013

ROSEMARY T.

J.J. Hagen's owner, Joe Hagens, was wonderful to work with. I have had him do a variety of tasks and construction jobs in my home over a period of time. He had very creative ideas for solutions to problems. Joe is always on time and very flexible. Most of all he is HONEST and can be TRUSTED. That I find refreshing.

Description of Work
Over a period of time, J.J. Hagen's installed shelves in my garage and bedroom closet. He created a foundation for my file cabinet in the garage so it would not get wet from car slush as well as putting new sheet rock and rubberize lower edge trim in my garage to protect from slush. Crown molding was built and installed in my library and family room and he custom built two shelves for my family room...one on each side of my fireplace. In addition, he has put in a bathroom light, repaired a door that would not close correctly and put insulation in my attic.

01/12/2008

Rob E.

Joe did an excellent job for us on a very short notice, as our original contractor backed out of the job. He showed up on time and was extremely professional. The work he did was an A+. And he was also willing to do a few other things while he was here. Everyone who has come to our home is impressed my the attention to detail that was taken. He did such a great job, that my husband and I are excited to see what he can do with our deck out back in the spring. I have already passed his name on to a few friends, as good contractors our hard to come by.

Description of Work
Installed a storm door and custom wood front door.

Category woodworking, doors

A&M Builders LLC

Fully licensed and insured. When we build, we build to last!! We use high quality materials and take the time from the beginning to end of the project to make sure every step is preformed to the very best of our ability. We build high end decks and porches, specializing in the more decorative ones. We take pride in our work and it shows! We are a small owner operated company with decades of experience in building and remodeling that strives to turn your dreams into reality!

Painting innovations

Our mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime once you see our quality work. We're passionate about delivering an exceptional experience. When you hire us, you're hiring a team of professionals who are trained and skilled to deliver lasting value to your home. As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. We won't leave until the job is done right! Call or click to schedule an estimate today!

Closets For Life

Closets For Life, a custom organization company based in Apple Valley, Minnesota, works with residential clients as well as designers, builders and architects to create innovative storage solutions for all organizational needs including closets, offices, garages, kitchens, laundry rooms, wine cellars, Murphy beds and more. What makes Closets For Life different than the others? We listen. We pride ourselves on the ability to listen to the client and determine their specific needs. We understand that each part of your home has unique organizational requirements.

Offers by Closets For Life on Angi

ADDITIONS, CUSTOM DECKS, KITCHENS, BATHROOMS, WINDOWS, SIDING, BASEMENTS, PORCHES, DECK, MEDIA ROOMS, FAMILY ROOMS, BATHROOMS, INTERIOR WALLS, GARAGE, GARAGE DOOR OPENER, FINISH CARPENTRY. MASTER CARPENTER, MISC CARPENTRY WORK.