J J HAGENS INC

Founded 1978 • With Angi since October 2007

We have been serving the twin cities and surrounding area for over 30 years. We have a list of referrals. Our quality and craftmanship from a company you can trust. We value integrity and honesty and what you want done is our priority....

BDI Outdoor Solutions

BDI Outdoor Solutions has over 20 years of experience in professional landscape management specializing in both Residential and Commercial Outdoor Solutions. Our well trained and experienced staff provide superior landscaping services that complement our expert design skills. By offering a wide range of services to maintain the beauty and functionality of your lawn and property, we work hard to get the results you deserve. After all, BDI’s philosophy is that there is no off-season when it comes to maintaining your investment. BDI Outdoor Solutions is ready to help you with any and all issues, 12 months out of the year. Our crew will help you achieve a better looking home by designing, constructing and maintaining an outdoor living space that will turn heads year-round. BDI prides itself in using only high-quality products and equipment to create designs that will be the envy of your entire neighborhood. See what a healthy, well-designed landscaped lawn can do to improve your property's curb appeal - and ultimately how it can enhance the value of your home. Contact us today to learn how BDI Outdoor Solutions can create the property of your dreams!

J’s Rain Drains

J's Rain Drains installs drain pipes (tile) from gutter down spouts and sump pump outlets to divert the water away from your homes foundation. We have the unique ability to bore under the sidewalk to install the tile. We never lift a section up. J's always uses a catch basin in our instillation so that the down spout will not blow out in the back from ice build-up. We also address water issues in other areas as well. We use golf course quality Rain Bird products to ensure the best results.

Bear Roofing & Exteriors

We are storm damage and insurance claims experts, and have the expertise to assist you in the insurance claims process. We have the knowledge and experience needed to collaborate with the insurance companies, adjusters, & homeowners. Bear Roofing is locally owned and operated by professionals who have been in the roofing and exteriors business for over 16 years. It is our goal to provide homeowners with quality products, excellent workmanship, and outstanding customer care. let bear roofing & exteriors handle the details, so you can enjoy the process.

10/05/2016

He didn't protect the wood while insulating and therefore got spray insulation all over the frame of the prefinished windows and the kitchen wall. To correct the problem he simply stained over the insulation. He didn't protect the wood while using a clamp, which then left claw marks on the sill. To correct the problem he stained over the indentations. There were numerous dings, dents, and scratches on the window. The staining that he did on the trim was blotchy and there were many drip marks. He used a brown sharpie marker to "stain" the smaller areas that were missing stain. The trim work was not flat against the wall. Miter joints didn't match up. Initial stain on the trim was a horrible match, but he continued to put it up until we mentioned it to him. He responded, "Yeah, it isn't a good match." The exterior didn't look much better. He did a very poor job of caulking. There were gaps and places that had so much excess caulk it smeared all over the frame of the window! There were many problem areas that he did not tell us about, but as soon as we said something he acknowledged them. After bringing these to his attention he responded that he would address them. One of our biggest concerns were the indentation marks left by the clamps on the sill and the sash. I asked him why he didn't fix the areas correctly the first time. He responded, "I didn't have any wood filler with me." After a detailed listing of everything that needed to be fixed he only chose a handful to do and redid them poorly. We called to asked if he was coming back to finish the rest and he responded, "No." There is still caulk residue remaining on the exterior window frames. He filled in the caulk gaps, but ended up making the areas worse by smearing it on the frame. He removed drip marks from the stool, but didn't bother to refinish the trim. He filled in the clamp marks, but didn't to varnish the areas. Insulation still remains on the frame of the window. We have asked for a refund on the installation and he refuses.

Description of Work
We had four windows replaced with wood windows in our home.

Category replacement windows,woodworking

04/19/2016

08/11/2015

It was a difficult installation because the new Microwave did not fit exactly the way the old one had, Joe did an excellent job of figuring out how it would fit in the space and installing it. I was very pleased with the job and will certainly hire him again as I need work done/

Description of Work
Installed my new Microwave over my stove.

Category handyman service,woodworking

06/24/2015

Great

Description of Work
I decided against doing work I needed done, so did not use Joe, but was great to meet him and would use them in the future.

10/28/2014

Joe was very responsive, and I was impressed that he came out the same day that I called considering that it was a holiday weekend. Furthermore, he showed on time each day, he was able to save the wood trim around the doors which is 100 years old, and he even went above and beyond by finding a locksmith for me. He did a great job of cleaning up after himself, too.

Description of Work
They installed two entry doors on my house.

Category doors

08/22/2014

I appreciated that I was walked through window information and details, and having been explained what would come from this, as well as other construction information/details for future project development or how this would be put together. We had a really rotten part of wall. It was already gutted to the frame and old windows but I could not complete with taking off more and more work, due to rain this year. Was nice to have someone come out to clean up my mess made and put the side of my house back together. Nice to not have plastic sheets on the side of the house, and having it weather shielded and ready for siding and finishing trim inside.

Description of Work
Replaced large sections of cantilevered bay window frame including insulation, and main support beams as well as complete window installation and siding cloth in preparation for siding.

05/20/2013

Even though we had used Joe before and liked him, we got quotes for this job from a few different contractors. The other ones were a little mystified or overpriced so we went with Joe again. He walked in the door and within minutes told us what needed to happen to achieve what we wanted to do. He went right to work, was punctual, cleaned up after every day's work and even was patient with me when I wanted a change after initial framing was done. His touch up of our popcorn ceiling was impressive.

Description of Work
Joe knocked out a couple of wall areas and created a new entry closet. He also pulled out a wrought iron railing that ran along our basement stairwell and put a full wall there with a 3 ft step down of a half wall.

Category remodeling,woodworking

01/07/2013

J.J. Hagen's owner, Joe Hagens, was wonderful to work with. I have had him do a variety of tasks and construction jobs in my home over a period of time. He had very creative ideas for solutions to problems. Joe is always on time and very flexible. Most of all he is HONEST and can be TRUSTED. That I find refreshing.

Description of Work
Over a period of time, J.J. Hagen's installed shelves in my garage and bedroom closet. He created a foundation for my file cabinet in the garage so it would not get wet from car slush as well as putting new sheet rock and rubberize lower edge trim in my garage to protect from slush. Crown molding was built and installed in my library and family room and he custom built two shelves for my family room...one on each side of my fireplace. In addition, he has put in a bathroom light, repaired a door that would not close correctly and put insulation in my attic.

01/12/2008

Joe did an excellent job for us on a very short notice, as our original contractor backed out of the job. He showed up on time and was extremely professional. The work he did was an A+. And he was also willing to do a few other things while he was here. Everyone who has come to our home is impressed my the attention to detail that was taken. He did such a great job, that my husband and I are excited to see what he can do with our deck out back in the spring. I have already passed his name on to a few friends, as good contractors our hard to come by.

Description of Work
Installed a storm door and custom wood front door.

Category woodworking,doors

ADDITIONS, CUSTOM DECKS, KITCHENS, BATHROOMS, WINDOWS, SIDING, BASEMENTS, PORCHES, DECK, MEDIA ROOMS, FAMILY ROOMS, BATHROOMS, INTERIOR WALLS, GARAGE, GARAGE DOOR OPENER, FINISH CARPENTRY. MASTER CARPENTER, MISC CARPENTRY WORK.