Avid Builders Inc

Founded 2013 • With Angi since April 2013

1688 Cliff Rd E

Burnsville, MN 55337

Small custom remodeler employing own carpenters. Whether you’re looking to remodel your kitchen, expand your bathroom or renovate your entire home, Avid Builders has the expertise to make your dreams come true. With more than 20 years in the industry, our home renovation experts will take the time

05/04/2016

Ruth D.

I feel so fortunate to have chosen Avid Builders to do the work in my home. I have worked with other builders in the past when building our first and second homes. Neither one of those builders even came close to the quality, service, and finished product that Avid delivers. From start to finish, in the process of designing the new layout of our kitchen, and throughout the whole remodeling project, I was so pleased with the company. Lamont and Terry take such great pride in their work and demand quality of everyone they work with! If something isn't up to their standards, they don't hesitate to re-work it until it's perfect. I really admire the company for its high standards and beautiful workmanship. I recommend Avid to anyone looking to remodel their home.

Description of Work
They remodeled my family room and basement in November of 2015. This was the second remodel job they did for us. The first was a total kitchen gut/remodel in February 2015.

Category custom cabinets, contractors, hardwood floor, remodeling, woodworking, architect, home remodeling, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

02/16/2015

Valerie T.

When I purchased my condo, I knew that it needed major updating including new kitchen and bathroom cabinetry, new interior doors and trim, replacement of kitchen and entry flooring, plumbing fixtures and lighting, not to mention a new coat of paint. Out of five contractors, I selected Avid Builders and this was the best decision I could have ever made for the project. Within two weeks of my decision, they began their work while I was out of town for a few days. They made the commitment to do the demotion work and bring in new doors and trim while I was gone -- even over a weekend -- and, sure enough, that's exactly what they did. From those first few days, I knew immediately that I was in trusted hands. I am so glad that my realtor recommended them to me! Avid?s general representative and ?go-to? guy, Lamont Steinwand, had wonderfully creative ideas for me, nudged me here and there a bit but also took my ideas and built on them - a super collaboration; he kept me informed every step of the way, letting me know who would be coming, what they'd be doing, and when; if there was a problem (really minor bumps in the road), he was up-front and let me know the solution. Avid's crew was outstanding: Committed, attended to detail, very focused on quality and the end results. All were very sensitive and adaptable to the uniqueness of working in a condominium which provided its own set of challenges not found with single-family home remodels. Between the numerous status updates, to thinking creatively about my kitchen and the ?wine bar? I wanted, to making design suggestions to add just a touch ?more? to the interior of my unit, to committing to AND maintaining their work schedule, Avid Builders is hand?s down the model for other contractors to aspire to. I highly recommend Avid to anyone who wants a contractor with high standards, excellent customer service, and superb workmanship.

Description of Work
I asked for essentially an entire interior condo remodel -- and got it!

01/06/2015

Edward H.

Having some prior experience with house renovations and construction, we were pleased that everything seemed to go smoothly. Construction started on the date specified and almost everything went according to plan. The original builder of the house had put in plumbing for a downstairs bathroom, and that had to be modified to accomodate our plans. There were some anticipated minor delays (getting the right carpet toopk maybe an extra day for delivery) but the service was remarkably on time and well done. In conclusion, we had a very good experience with Avid builders and would recommend them to anyone wanting exceptional and first rate service. Avid was also very creative in working with us on the planned renovation: they suggested several small modifications that turned out to be to our delight.

Description of Work
Avid builders expanded the existing garage to hold three cars (2 cars plus storage). They added a third bay door. In the houseAvid built an extra full bathroom and separate bedroom.

12/18/2014

S H.

Category custom cabinets, hardwood floor, remodeling, siding, home builders, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

12/03/2014

Larry H.

They always kept us well informed and let us know what is going in terms of schedule. Their attention to detail was excellent and they thought of stuff we had never thought of. The reason it cost that much was because we redid the flooring and Brazilian cherry cabinets, and we took a wall out in order to expand the kitchen, so in other words, we doubled the size of the kitchen. It was a major remodeling but they did an excellent job. They did good work and I would recommend them to anybody. They always cleaned up at the end of the day after all their work. They were always here when they said they would be. We are getting ready to do our bathrooms so we will probably have them come back and do those. The stuff that they would do, a lot of builders wouldn’t think of doing like helping you move your furniture and they were always ahead of us in trying to figure out how to make things work.

Description of Work
They just finished remodeling our kitchen and some other work that we needed done around the house. They did some maintenance repairs but the kitchen remodeling was the main thing and they put in Brazilian cherry hardwood floors in the dining room and kitchen. That included all new Brasilian Cherry floors and Cherry Kitchen Cabinets, all new appliances and a new entrance door. They did some repairs on the siding. They painted all the rooms on the first floor. They did extra stuff. They also revised the floor plan without any additional cost for changes and stuff like that and moved our furniture in and out, and did all that and most contractors wouldn’t do that.

Category custom cabinets, hardwood floor, siding, architect, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

06/18/2013

Marv W.

We could not have been more pleased with our choice of Avid Builders as our contractor. These men are not just carpenters, they are craftsmen in every sense of the word and they surround themselves with the best of the best in subcontractors. Our recent experience with Avid has been that they do everything possible to make house building a pleasant experience for their customers. They were well organized in their methods, exceptionally tidy in their management of the building site, punctual, efficient in their use of time, and they met our price goals. They surpassed all of our expectations.

Description of Work
Built a four bedroom rambler home for us

05/10/2013

Rich L.

During the last three decades my husband and I have worked with builders on both new construction and remodels 6 times. Lamont Steinwand of Avid Builders just completed a major remodeling project and is by far (and we mean by far) the best. On a scale of 1-5, Lamont is a 10. He is truly a trusted advisor. When we would offer a solution, he would quickly get to the problem we were trying to solve and offer alternatives and his recommendation. Lamont provided outstanding customer service. * He communicated frequently and always returned phone calls and emails almost immediately * He provided frequent updates on the status of our project, including time and costs. * When there were issues (the very few that there were), he resolved them to our complete satisfaction. * When they were done with the project the house was pristine. * He went above and beyond what was required for the project in ways far too numerous to mention. The quality of Avid’s work: * Avid’s attention to detail and commitment to quality workmanship are evident. * Their subs are superb. The workmanship of our new master bath cabinets, for example, are better than any cabinets we’ve ever had. * They installed gorgeous wood floors throughout the house which were hand sealed with many coats and are spectacular. In sum, it’s been a pleasure to work with a truly competent builder who communicates effectively and is committed to quality. To say that we highly recommend them is an understatement. They’re the best!

Description of Work
We needed major remodeling of a 20-year old house we bought. It needed serious updating, including: New hardware floors throughout the main level Complete tear-down and rebuilding of the master bath Replacement of carpeting, appliances, toilets, light fixtures, and changing the door placement for the main floor bath Several corrections to structural problems like warped doors, worn-out insulation, kitchen cabinet adjustments and pull-outs, laundry room and pantry updating.

Category remodeling, home builders

04/30/2013

Edward H.

Start time was spot on schedule and everything went pretty much according to plan. We learned a lot during the work, particularly that so much depends upon the sub-contractors hired by Avid. Avid has compiled a list of reliable people that they use as sub-contractors, and we found everyone to be professional and courteous. Work was completed within the estimated time, and the final inspection was also on time.

Description of Work
We got three bids for the garage enlargement and basement renovations that we wanted done. Avid gave us the best and most creative ideas. We had a bedroom and full bath put in the unfinished basement and we had the garage enlarged by one space. The garage enlargement was interesting because instead of tearing down the outside wall and rebuilding, Avid simply moved the outside wall over one bay. In the basement, their creative ideas saved us space and made the space look very attractive. Avid builders were very efficient in that they started exactly on time and everything progressed pretty much according to plan. Several small changes were dealt with professionally and everyone in the Avid family was a pleasure to work with. The renovations and additions were finished on time and we couldn't be more pleased with the result. I've seen other projects that Avid has done and they have all come up to the same high standard as the work done on our home. I would recommend Avid to anyone wanting major renovations done with efficiency, creativity and courtesy.

Outdoor Spaces Design & Build Co LLC

Specializing in decks. Custom design and build. Work with natural woods as well as composites. Licensed in Minnesota MN. License #BC689582. Additional Email - jayme@osdab.com.

MNemonic Design LLC

MNemonic Design is locally owned and operated out of Saint Paul, MN. We are dedicated to our craft and take exceptional care of our customers. We offer free estimates and would love to hear of your upcoming project. Call or click for an estimate today Specializing in all forms of Interior and exterior painting and enameling, small drywall, popcorn removal and ceiling texture.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Brothers Contracting

Brothers Contracting Home Services is a reputable and highly rated general contracting company based in Northeast Minneapolis, Minnesota. Since first opening our doors in 2002, BCHS has operated under a business model that places customer satisfaction as our primary service. BCHS provides the same detailed attention to our commercial and residential contracts, treating every job site as if it were our own home. 2 employees. Uses licensed subcontractors for plumbing and electrical. Cost determined by the job. No travel charges. Additional contact: Brian White.

Interior & Structural Remodeling.