SOLATUBE/SOLAR MIDWEST INC

Founded 1993 • With Angi since April 2002

5001 Drew Avenue North

Brooklyn Center, MN 55429

13 EMPLOYEES. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. ADDITIONAL SERVICE AREA- MEEKER, & PORTIONS OF CHISAGO, MCLEOD, MILLE LACS, RICE, & STEARNS COUNTIES. SERVICE IS AVAILABLE STATEWIDE AND N.D. AS WELL AS WESTERN WISCONSIN...

12/15/2019

LISA P.

I had a solartube installed in my garage, in a corner that is always dark. I learned about the company after a friend suggested getting a solartube, and I often saw the company at the State Fair each year, with specials. The company's special was a free nightlight in the solartube, for low-level lighting at nighttime, and cost of the solartube could then be used as an energy credit on income tax. The crew of two arrived on time, and was finished in an hour or so. It went very smoothly and I was pleased with the end result. A few months after installation, I noticed that there was no light at night, and a company rep explained that either there wasn't enough daylight for the solar powered battery to recharge, or there was something wrong with the battery. I'll wait until springtime to determine which it is.

Description of Work
install solartube

05/08/2019

Matt E.

PERFECT! From the initial salesperson to the installation expert, it went wonderfully. Great job keeping me informed of when the installation would occur. I had a ton of questions and the salesperson West was very informative and patient with me. The installation expert (Jason) was incredible. He was very professional and respectful of my property.....it didn't hurt he was patient with my 2 dogs constantly under his feet ;-). They did such a great job, I have already set up another appointment to have another solar tube installed! These company is AWESOME

Description of Work
Installed 2 solar tubes

Category skylights

Thank you for your kind words and for your continued support. We can never get enough comments like yours. I will be sure to pass this on the both West and Jason. Kindly, Tom Gilbertson

07/09/2018

Bettina W.

I have hired Midwest Solar on 3 different occasions now and they are great! I have had 1 normal 14 inch solar tube installed in our hallway and 2 combo 10 inch solar tube/exhaust fans for 2 different bathrooms. They are always on time and do an amazing job. When they are done the installs are flawless. The one in the hallway also has a night light feature that slightly illuminates the hallway at night which is amazing. Always a please to work with these guys and would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Solar Tube Install (Multiple)

06/02/2017

Lenna S.

Absolutely wonderful experience. The installer (Jason) arrived as planned, performed the work with excellence and speed. He was neat and did a good job cleaning up after himself. Product was as expected and is perfect for adding light to a too dim space. GREAT JOB!!!

Description of Work
Installation of Solatube in kitchen

Category skylights,solar panels

01/23/2017

David K.

Did a great job installing a Solatube in a challenging location

Description of Work
Provided a Solatube

12/05/2016

Samantha F.

Everyone from the sales person to the installer were great, returning quotes and questions quickly. The installment process was quick and easy and everyone was very professional and great to work with! The Solatubes we had installed we chose to have solar powered night lights, so even at night when it is dark light still comes through, which is great, we had a light-kit put in the hallway so when its night time and I want a bit more light I can use it- but, rarely do since it provides all the light we need.

Description of Work
We had a very dim hallway, always needing to turn a light on even in the brightest of summer days, we had been looking into different ideas, and we found SolarMidwest and their product was above and beyond anything else we had seen. After going over what we had hoped for we realized we were interested in more than just Solatube, we put in 2 solar powered attic fans as well- our current wind turbines were rusted and in need or replacement, as well as another Solatube in the northern facing living room.

Category lighting,skylights,ceiling fans

10/26/2016

Rebecca F.

I just wanted to take a moment to say how completely thrilled I am with how our Solatube install turned out yesterday morning. Our installer arrived on-time and was extremely professional. He was able to work with our unusual attic space, and get the 14" Solatube to fit perfectly. Our house backs up to a wooded area - with little-to-no light able to get in our kitchen eating area. Without lights on, we can't see. It's that dark. The "After" from such a small tube blows my mind! And this was on a cloudy day! Thank you so much for the fast, expert install. I wish I would have done this years ago!

Description of Work
Installed 14" Solatube skylight in our kitchen eating area.

08/09/2016

nj C.

Tom called early with a scheduling issue. We were able to arrange an alternate time. He showed up on time. His communicated some potential problems throughout the install. He was clean, polite, fast and friendly! Plus I got the "state fair" deal, $50 dollars off. And, he didn't leave ANY mess to clean up. I absolutely LOVE the solar tube, even today - on an overcast day - it's like sunshine in that dark hallway. My only regret? I didn't do it YEARS ago.

Description of Work
Had a solartube installed.

Category

07/20/2016

MEGHAN M.

Went to the showroom in Brooklyn Center. Was able to see the different option. As a trial had a single 12 inch Solatube with light kit installed in the hallway. Installation was quick and easy. Turns out that I could have used a larger tube for the hallway. Plus much of the light from the light bulb is lost up to tube. In hind sight, would rather have kept the light and solatube separate. Since the first installation went so well, we later had 2 14 inch tubes placed in the kitchen. We really like these. Perfect to even out the light in the kitchen. Installation took about 2 hours total. My wife prefers a more yellow light, so we added the 3000K diffusor.

Description of Work
12 inch Solatube in hallway with light kit. Two 14 inch Solatubes in the kitchen.

07/04/2016

Linda B.

Fantastic product and service. I went online to request a time for an in home consultation and received a call within a few hours. After speaking to them and getting a little more information, was able to schedule an appointment at my convenience for a few weeks out. On the day of the install, Jason was prompt, courteous and professional. He had the solatube installed in about an hour on a very hot day! The difference it makes in this small bathroom is unbelievable - only need to turn a light on after dark. We have already recommended this company and their product to others. I wish I would have known about this years ago!

Description of Work
Installed solatube in upstairs bathroom

Randy's Electric

You deserve a safe and reliable home. Get the job done right the first time with outstanding customer service from the Twin Cities top rated electrician. Outlets, fans, lighting, smoke detectors, switches, and service panels. Your full service electrician.

Offers by Randy's Electric on Angi
    Twin City Home Remodeling LLC

Twin City Home Remodeling is the team you can trust to deliver the results you are expecting. We have the ability to bring your ideas to life and the team that can execute your projects from start to finish. We go to great lengths to address your specific whole house remodeling needs, whether on the interior or exterior. We have almost 2 decades worth of experience as a company and a combined experience of over 180 years in all aspects of home remodeling and custom work. Communication and Quality is essential with all of our consumers. We also want to hear your idea's and let you be a part of the design process. Twin City Home Remodeling- "Where we value your time and your ideas matter!" Minnesota License #BC655900 Expires 9/11/2020.

Offers by Twin City Home Remodeling LLC on Angi
    LeBrun Electric, LLC.

LeBrun Electric is your local go to electrical contractor serving Central, Minnesota and the surrounding communities. We take great pride in our work, providing quality expertise and customer service that goes above and beyond. Customer satisfaction is our priority, so our mission is to provide excellent workmanship and fair up front pricing to every customer. Our reputation is based on service, safety and quality, without hidden costs, fees and change orders. We are also available for emergency services on a 24/7 basis! Give us a call today to let us help with your electrical needs!

IR672627
    12/31/2017
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available

SALES & COMPLETE INSTALLATION OF SOLATUBE TUBULAR SKYLIGHTS & SOLAR POWERED ATTIC FANS FOR BOTH RESIDENTIAL & COMMERCIAL USE.