The Roof Guys

Founded 2008 • With Angi since December 2011

7630 145th St W Suite110

Apple Valley, MN 55124

Additional DBA - JJW Enterprises LLC.

12/08/2022

Stephanie K.

Positive, they were responsive timely, and helpful in dealing w/ insurance.

Description of Work
Replace roof

04/26/2020

Kathy L.

The Roof Guys did an outstanding job on our roof! Jonathan was our sales consultant and he was friendly and easy to work with. We also communicated with Josiah and had the same experience. Their crew completed our roof in one day! The crew cleaned up better than expected! I cannot say enough good things about this company! If anyone is looking for a dependable, professional and reliable roofing company, do not hesitate to give the The Roof Guys a call today. You will be glad you did!

Description of Work
Replaced roof

09/05/2018

Kelly L.

The Roof Guys / Jamey and Eric These guys are the full package!!! First off, I really don’t like dealing with contractors due to some terrible experiences I’ve had. The Roof Guys have restored my faith in both contractors and businessmen. Jamey came out the same day we called, they assessed the damage and the next day had emergency flashing installed at no charge to prevent further weather damage. They always answered or returned our calls, were always on time, and were polite and extremely professional. Everything was completed in two weeks from when we called them but they didn’t just simply walk away but remained a helpful and professional resource with our siding and gutter damage. They even helped with the siding insurance adjuster. They sold a beautiful product that improved the overall appearance of our home, Owens Corning Duration Shingles. We now have the nicest roof in the neighborhood! If I had to describe my imagined perfect contractor experience, I would have been describing The Roof Guys.

Description of Work
Hail Damage and Flashing

07/18/2018

Joshua G.

Came around door to door claiming there were hail storms in the area. I NEVER requested them to come to my house. The guy said I should have my roof inspected, because there are "issues" because of the hail and my roof is old. I've been here for a while and my home has not seen hail at all in 2016, 2017 or 2018. He got mad and started getting insulting when I refused to let him give me a "free roof inspection". Even if I needed a new roof, I wouldn't use these guys based on my first contact with the company.

Description of Work
"Free" roof inspection for imaginary hail storm

05/25/2017

Beverly B.

I was charged the base price for the repair, was told to call back if problems occurred and I was given a detailed consultation for future needs. I was happy

Description of Work
Roof repair

08/02/2016

NANCY P.

Fantastic. Jamey was responsive, worked well with our insurance company, and did excellent work for us in a timely fashion.

Description of Work
Replaced our roof

01/01/2016

David L.

11/30/2015

Roger E.

Description of Work
Most of the work was done ok, however installation of the sky light had to be re-done and in the end they owed me money, but still have never paid me back.

06/13/2015

Carole B.

Roof looks great. Worksite was adequately cleaned. However, the salesperson's knowledge was very limited and the office was either very late or unresponsive to requests. The customer service I expected was definitely not there. I would not recommend them.

Description of Work
Replace roof

02/13/2015

TAMMY S.

The first estimate began in July, 2014. The roofing was done very well and reasonably on time by late August 2014. They forgot about my two windows and I had to call Will C. (the salesman) repeatedly to get the siding job started. I heard over and over from him that the siding guys were busy and it wasn't HIS company doing the work, so he told me to call the siding company myself (run by Mike). I did this and when they finally got back to me they realized they had forgotten about the two new windows. Then I waited a month for windows to be installed all while Will C. denied responsibility for taking care of this job. My siding was done in December 2014, but the trim for the lamps around my house is still a different shade of green than my siding. They haven't yet cleaned up the nails all over my yard and haven't replaced my downspouts for my gutters. Furthermore they left my secondary electrical boxes lying on top of my air conditioner and wouldn't put it back on my house until I called over and over again. They removed my lattice work for my deck and never replaced it and my dog escaped before I realized they just left it unattached leaning against my deck supports. It is now February of 2015, the job is still not finished and they will not return my calls. If you need a roofing/siding referral, this is not your company unless you expect unprofessionalism, finger pointing, lies, shoddy workmanship and threats of liens on your home because you refuse to pay them for what they HAVEN'T finished. Jamie, you should be ashamed of your salesman Will C. and your siding company.

Description of Work
They replaced roof and siding for a hail damage insurance claim. The installation of additional windows was not part of insurance claim.

Category roofing, siding, replacement windows

12/18/2014

James E.

10/15/2014

Teri E.

Description of Work
We asked for an estimate, they refused to give us one. They said they only go with the insurance estimate.

07/30/2014

Kimberly M.

One day, while leaving for my daughter's swimming lesson, John approached me and asked if I had looked at the roof to see if there was any hail damage. We recently had two hail storms. Later that day it was confirmed that yes, indeed, we did have hail damage. Within a day, the insurance adjuster was out to inspect and representatives from the Roof Guys were along to ease the process. Within 10 days or so, we had our new roof! John was along side us every step of the way and was very supportive and informative. He and every interaction with the others were professional and courteous. Also, I'd like to point out something that also impressed me. I have farmed out jobs before and I hate the mess afterwards but I can say that the guys who worked on our roof today did an outstanding job! They were respectful, polite, efficient, and cleaned up after themselves. That is icing on the cake for me!!!!

Description of Work
New roof.

07/23/2014

robert M.

Nick contacted me several times thru the waiting period. (I was waiting for other estimates). Not to the point that it was annoying, just so I'd be sure he was still interested. My house is about 25 Square. Walkable. I did not have an insurance claim, so I was paying out of pocket for this. I was given a second cheaper bid a few weeks after the first. Since I was only dealing with companies on Angie's list, I figured the price was about all I was really going to use to decide. The Roof Guys came in about average in Price. I had bids for 8500 and 10000. I went with this company becasue I felt they would stand behind everything and be around for a while. The crew that worked on the house was Latino. Two of 6 spoke english. So, I had to get the right one when I had to discuss something. I was a roofer for 20 years myself and my roof has one roof deck where the Peak of the roof is NOT parallel with the edge of the deck. In fact the deck is about 25 feet wide, and in that stretch, measuring from the peak to the edge at the left side, is a full 2 feet shorter than the right side. There were reasons for this becasue of the way the addition was built.As I said, I worked 20 years in roofing, and I never saw anything like this. When I roofed it, I started at the Eave and worked my way up, but noticed soon that things were way off. It was a mess and I had to just snap lines in the middle of the roof and straighten things out. The crew that was here noticed this right away and was able to fudge on each row of shingles and make it look like there was nothing wrong at all. VERY Nice. I believe that the Roof Guys main source of work is storm damage, so it was not normal for them that I was paying out of pocket vs an insurance claim. And I believe they respected that and it was reflected in the final price. Nick seemed like a good guy, and I would reccomend them. The price was fair, and the crew was better than most I've seen. And it sure is nice to cross this off the to-do list.

Description of Work
New Roof and replaced my chimney with a metal flue

06/23/2014

Eric S.

It went very well, especially replacing the roof due to hail damage. They were prompt, professional and did a wonderful job. Even my insurance company was complimentary of the company. When I had a small, perceived issue with the roof, they were out in a matter of hours to check the issue, which ended up being a non-issue. They have been very responsive.

Description of Work
Re-roof, replace window sashes, gutters

08/06/2013

mary M.

The Roof Guys came to the house when I started seeing a leak. They found the issue and noticed there was also some hail damage on the roof. They worked with my insurance company to help get the claim processed. As soon as we got approval another leak started and they were out the next day to fix all the issues and put on a new roof. Their project lead was on site all day with the guys putting on the roof to ensure it was done right. The guys doing the roofing were also very professional and careful with the landscaping that was close to the house. They managed to get all the roofing done in one day. I would highly recommend these Roof Guys.

Description of Work
The Roof Guys replaced my roof.

01/29/2013

Sue R.

This was a difficult job as the property is a twin home with one connected roof, but there were 2 insurance companies to deal with because the "neighbors" have a different company than I do. The Roof Guys took care of everything related to the insurance issue. Often roofers put a huge dumpster on the driveway and that can damage the asphalt. They didn't do that, but instead backed a truck up to the roof and threw debris into it, and then they dumped that out each night. Their crew was polite and quiet and neat. They really policed the area for nails on the ground! The best part of the experience was their sesitivity to my time issues. I was scheduled for major surgery within a few days and didn't want to come home from the hospital to noise from roofers, so they made sure to get the job done and not have to disturb me at all.

Description of Work
Re-shingled entire roof and replaced gutters after hail damage

12/23/2011

Beverlee K.

It was an insurance claim. They were absolutely fantastic. They were great. They walked me through the whole thing because I had some problems with the insurance company. They worked very closely with the insurance company to try to alleviate the problems. They went to bat for us. They were really good. They were quick and fast. We didn't even know they were here. We would recommend them 100 times. They were Johnny-on-the-spot. They were A Number One. We wouldn’t hesitate to call them again.

Description of Work
We used The Roof Guys for a roof.

Twin City Home Remodeling LLC

Twin City Home Remodeling is the team you can trust to deliver the results you are expecting. We have the ability to bring your ideas to life and the team that can execute your projects from start to finish. We go to great lengths to address your specific whole house remodeling needs, whether on the interior or exterior. We have almost 2 decades worth of experience as a company and a combined experience of over 180 years in all aspects of home remodeling and custom work. Communication and Quality is essential with all of our consumers. We also want to hear your idea's and let you be a part of the design process. Twin City Home Remodeling- "Where we value your time and your ideas matter!" Minnesota License #BC655900 Expires 9/11/2020.

Offers Coupon

Scherer Window & Door Consultants

Scherer Window and Door Consultants is a Marvin Authorized Installing Retailer specializing in the replacement of residential windows throughout the metro area. We are a division of Scherer Bros. Lumber company, a family-owned business since 1930. We focus on the sale and installation of all Marvin product lines: Marvin Signature, Elevate and Infinity from Marvin. Infinity from Marvin features low-maintenance fiberglass and is known for it's EverWood interior that reflects the beauty of wood, can be stained to match existing woodwork, yet will not rot or mold like wood can! We also sell and install Thermatru fiberglass doors to complement your window projects. We are the leader in promoting best practices in window installation. Our sales consultants are extremely knowledgeable regarding replacement windows and doors, for both insert and full replacement projects. Their focus is on determining priorities and retrofitting windows to blend in with existing architectural details. We also specialize in enlarging openings and creating new openings. Our installation crews are craftsmen, factory-trained by Marvin. Their attention to detail and on-site job cleanliness results in a highly satisfactory project experience. We offer competitive pricing and convenient EnerBank financing. We focus on solutions to fit your priorities and budget and work with all sizes of projects throughout the metro area. Our showroom is located in Hopkins . DBA: Scherer Brothers Lumber Co.

2022 Super Service Award

Beissel Windows & Siding Co

Family owned & operated since 1950. Angie's List Super Service Award recipient every year since 2003 (20 total category awards). We have long term, experienced staff and offer extensive product lines and showrooms with designers on duty. Evening and weekends available by appointment. Long term labor warranties. Award winning customer service! Additional DBAs - Accent Design & Renovation LLC, John Beissel, Inc., Beissel John Inc., General Home Improvement Company.

2022 Super Service Award

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available, PayPal

Residential and commercial roofing, gutter installation, siding and windows, aluminum & storm damage.