Great Lakes Home Renovations

Founded 1995 • With Angi since September 2001

Great Lakes Home Renovations has been exceeding the expectations of homeowners in the Twin Cities and beyond since 1995. Visit our showroom in Apple Valley to learn more about Window, Door, and Bath Remodeling options. Of course, we also love visiting your project; in-home inspections and design consultations are always free. All of the products we feature come with a lifetime warranty, are low maintenance and easy to clean. We won't install anything in your home we wouldn't put on our own home. In Windows and Patio Doors we feature low-maintenance vinyl windows that are energy-efficient and beautiful. Our Entry Doors are fiberglass or steel and come in a huge variety of colors and styles to fit your home. All of our options will enhance your home's true beauty. In Bathroom Remodeling, we feature solid-surface products by Re-Bath and Onyx (NO MORE GROUT) that are easy-to-clean, low maintenance, fit into most budgets and come with Lifetime Warranties. We take pride in doing the job right. In bathrooms, we don't just cover up the problem of an old tub or shower, but replace it. We not only have our own employees that do the installations but also pull permits, get inspections and even offer financing options. On all projects, we offer a wide variety of colors and style options to fit virtually every style. You can rest easy knowing your project is done right and materials are guaranteed for life!...

A Service Provider's profile image

+5 more images

home remodeling202055126
During this customer’s free, in-home design consultation, our design expert helped them design out new materials for their bathroom and answered any questions they had regarding their bathroom remodel. During the installation, our team removed the flooring, vanity, toilet and shower insert. After removing the old materials, our team installed brand new, custom materials that were picked out by the homeowners. This bathroom features one of our best-selling shower surround color, Brushed Linen. The flooring pairs great with the vanity and shower. The Dura-Bath Collection is a non-porous material that is solid surface, minus all the maintenance!
3/4 Bathroom Remodel - Shoreview project

Luxury Bathroom Remodel - Champlin project
Luxury Bathroom Remodel - Champlin

201955316

4.3

home remodeling (39)bathtub refinishing (14)window replacement (116)door installation (34)basement remodeling (14)siding companies (12)plumbers (11)basement waterproofing (8)egress window (6)electrician (5)drywall (5)insulation (4)

10/04/2021

Tom B.

They were professional. There was a mix-up with the inspection process, which they took responsibility for.

Description of Work
Bathtub renovation.

Work Completed On 12/30/2020

09/06/2020

John J.

We got bids from several companies. Great Lakes did the best job explaining the options and the product and their quote was the lowest. Installers communicated, were on time and got the job done in a few hours. We are extremely happy with our new door.

Description of Work
Front door and side lights removal, then installing new door and side lights

Category doors

Work Completed On 08/18/2020

06/10/2020

Mary S.

In May of this year we had Great Lakes Home Renovations replace the aging shower stall in our upstairs bathroom. Despite scheduling challenges presented by COVID-19 and an incorrectly measured shower pan (which had to be re-ordered), we are pleased with the results. Ben and crew were very polite and respectful to our COVID-19 concerns and performed their jobs quite well. Whenever I had a question, Ben answered it thoroughly. He also sought our input when needed which I appreciate. Ben did a very good job finishing the project and left the worksite very clean.

Description of Work
Replace ceramic shower stall with acrylic sheets./

Work Completed On 06/10/2020

05/22/2020

GERRY B.

Overall, I really enjoyed working with Great Lakes. I had the same two guys come out and install my bathroom (Hassan and Mike). The remodel took 3 days. They were professional and courteous; on time and cleaned up the area every night. Hassan kept me in the loop for changes and asked for my opinions when it came to placing certain pieces in the shower. My only complaint would be in communication between Great Lakes home office. After my consultation, I was told I would receive samples of the vanity color and countertop (for painting) which didn't happen & the person I was to contact had left the company so my emails were not getting through and I had to contact the office and explain my issue. Other than that, I would definitely recommend this company to my family and friends.

Description of Work
Bathroom Upgrade

Work Completed On 05/18/2020

Review for Great Lakes Home Renovations - 14690 Galaxie Ave, Apple Valley, MN - 38585774

05/15/2020

Margie T.

The crew did an excellent job doing our bathroom update in the promised timeframe. We love the look and operation of our new Onyx shower! Extra work was needed to diagnose and fix a water leakage problem and that was handled in an expert fashion. We would recommend Great Lakes Renovation.

Description of Work
Shower and floor install; drywall replacement and plumbing work

Category drywall, flooring contractor, plumbing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/09/2020

Mitch B.

Work was completed quickly and well. They discovered an uninsulated cavity below the threshold and filled it with some leftover fiberglass insulation I had from a previous project. There was a dent in the door (tiny, didn't impact function) and they replaced the whole door slab, free of charge (factory defect, was not the installers' fault). Door is great.

Description of Work
Front door replacement

Category doors

Work Completed On 02/22/2020

Review for Great Lakes Home Renovations - 14690 Galaxie Ave, Apple Valley, MN - 38561736

Scott & Carrie G.

Work was excellent. Friendly installers, knowledgeable in their craft, made the project painless for us. I would highly recommend this company for any home maintenance needs! We had one of their competitors install some other windows, and they did a horrible job. I asked the Great Lakes installer to check out their competitors installation, and without hesitation he was up on a ladder looking at the windows. He found some deficient areas of caulking that he placed new caulking for, at no extra charge! Had he not looked at those windows, we could have had water coming in and possibly a mold problem. Again, all around great company and employees, from the initial salesman visit to the final clean up when the work was done. You will be impressed if you hire Great Lakes Home Renovations!!

Description of Work
Replacement of 2 patio doors with new

Work Completed On 04/19/2020

kay J.

Our bathroom is beautiful, Hassan and Ben our installers did an awesome job. They were very professional and easy to work with. We had originally hired another company and when I called to cancel my appointment for a bid with Great Lakes they asked that we allow them to do a bid. There bid was so much lower than the other company, we canceled the other company and hired Great Lakes. We were so incredibly happy that they insisted on bidding the job. We would definitely recommend Great Lakes with no hesitation, we had no issues with them at all.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Work Completed On 04/15/2020

Review for Great Lakes Home Renovations - 14690 Galaxie Ave, Apple Valley, MN - 38562052

Alex B.

Work was finished quickly and looks great!

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Work Completed On 10/05/2021

Terra & Andrew E.

the team was awesome! They were kind, professional and fast! We absolutely love the work they did!

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Work Completed On 05/13/2020

Nancy S.

Great work. On time and good installation. Courteous workmen. Explained whatever I asked. Clean up was great. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
New windows for living room and kitchen

Category replacement windows, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 05/13/2020

Vince D.

They did a pretty good job, concerns I had was the first crew that was doing demolition, I found him (Hamad ?) smoking inside our garage with door to house open in late February. Our house smelled like smoke and we are non-smokers. When snow melted, our yard was full of butts which was just disgusting. The guys that did the install were very good, but the caulking they used was not paintable, made it very difficult to paint anywhere the surface butted up against the ceiling or walls

Description of Work
renovate bathroom, tub, shower vanity, floor, surrounds, plumbing

Category basement waterproofing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 03/02/2020

Brian & Anne D.

Work went great - finished product was exactly what we were expecting. They removed an old fiberglass shower tub and added some space (reframed the surrounding area) to put in a custom shower pan/surround. Looks great and we love it!

Description of Work
We updated an old fiberglass shower tub

Work Completed On 02/28/2020

Review for Great Lakes Home Renovations - 14690 Galaxie Ave, Apple Valley, MN - 38570570

Elise W.

I wanted to replace an old bathtub unit with a walk-in shower. Every bit of my experience with this company, from the saleswoman they sent to the installation itself, was excellent. The work was done in two days; at multiple points the installer would ask me to come in and look, so he could explain to me what he was doing. The workers were very efficient and polite in answering my questions, and they did a good job of cleaning up after themselves. I highly recommend this company -- I couldn't be happier with my new shower!

Description of Work
Walk-in Shower

Work Completed On 03/10/2020

Review for Great Lakes Home Renovations - 14690 Galaxie Ave, Apple Valley, MN - 39171122

Todd & Patty S.

Excellent work and they were finished just when they said they would.

Description of Work
Bathroom and shower updates

Category plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 03/01/2020

Jake & Kristen S.

Smoothe excellent services professionally done- looks great!

Description of Work
Replaced glass sliding door

Category replacement windows, basement waterproofing, doors

Work Completed On 04/17/2020

04/28/2020

Emily T.

Choosing our new windows went smoothly with our design consultant, Tom and installation was quick and easy! The installers were very helpful and answered all of our questions. We love our new windows and highly recommend Great Lakes for home projects!

Description of Work
Window replacements

Category replacement windows, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 03/23/2020

Review for Great Lakes Home Renovations - 14690 Galaxie Ave, Apple Valley, MN - 38527298

01/13/2020

Stephen M.

They were very much their way or the highway. We had scheduled them to come over to look and offer a bid. But for their sales pitch, they said, they needed 2 hours to do it their way, we only had scheduled an hour so they refused to come. They did not want to listen to us, they wanted us to listen to them. We have had several others over to take a look and no one else has been so self centered. I would definitely look elsewhere.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Work Completed On 01/13/2020

12/31/2018

Steve V.

Left d vanity in garage after demo. Placed electric box incorrectly in a finished bedroom. Now stud and insulation is visible. Mischarged credit card. Refuse to fix electric box and dispose of old vanity. I was told it was “5-7” job. Started July 16 and finished sept 27.

Description of Work
Remodel 2 bathrooms

Category drywall, electrician, lighting, plumbing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/16/2018

10/04/2018

Ben T.

Great experience overall. Gary was a friendly, low pressure and informative salesperson and even stopped by during installation to check on us. Joe and Noah (the installers) were great to work with, did an excellent job replacing all 10 of our windows in a single day, and left our house as clean as they found it. I would definitely recommend Great Lakes to anyone needing windows replaced.

Description of Work
Replaced 10 Windows

Category replacement windows

Thank you! Joe enjoyed working on your project. Keep us in mind for future projects!

08/22/2018

WILLIAM O.

This rating is based solely on the customer experience. When I called to confirm the appointment, I was told that both my wife and I MUST be present for the estimate. I advised that my wife may or may not be present due to some medical issues, but her presence, or lack there of would not hinder the decision making. I was told again that she MUST be present. As the home owner and potential customer, that requirement was unacceptable to me. Rules are fine, but there needs to be some flexibility when dealing with customers.

Description of Work
Replacement Window

Work Completed On 08/22/2018

Thank you, [Member Name Removed] for sharing your experience. We are so sorry to hear that our policy displeased you. Please know that the reasoning behind this policy is not because we doubt or discredit your ability as a decision-maker, but rather, because we've found our consultation works best when all decision makers are in attendance. We apologize if this was not adequately explained to you. We appreciate your feedback and wish you the best of luck!

05/29/2018

Amy K.

Absolutely AWESOME experience with GL!!!! Mine started out as a kitchen project and when I was talking with them, I decided to do my bathroom as well, the price wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. Very friendly and respectful workers, they had my house and garage cleaned up better than I do! They were very flexible with timing and scheduling. In order to show me the sample of the backsplash, he showed up at 0615 so I wouldn't be late for work! That surprised me and was much appreciated. They truly go above and beyond in the process and to help understand the process. The part I truly appreciated is it wasn't just one quote. Modest, middle grade and high end pricing. You can see where the cost is going and then go from there to make it specific to your likings.

Description of Work
Kitchen & bathroom

Category bathtub refinishing, countertops, home remodeling