SHADES OF GREEN LANDSCAPING

Founded 1980 • With Angi since July 2005

3211 ZUNI ST NW

Anoka, MN 55303

Shade of Green Landscaping prides itself in providing beautiful sustainable landscaping services to your property, both residential and commercial. We have been in business for over 30 years serving the Northern Metro area. On our location you will find both large and small fruit trees, ornamental

10/23/2018

Margaret G.

He came on time, and did exactly what was ordered. There was no mess left. We are very satisfied with the work done. And Suzette who came out and wrote up the order. ------------

Description of Work
Replaced broken landscape timbers

07/13/2018

Patricia J.

They worked me into the schedule quickly and the job was great and the price very reasonable.

Description of Work
Small landscaping project

Category landscaping, mulch

10/23/2017

Melanie W.

They were great! Quick, professional, and personable. Also offered advice on plants - type, location, splitting, watering - would use them again.

Description of Work
Re-sloped grade around house, cleaned out old mulch, rocks, plastic, etc. Brought in fresh dirt - landscape fabric - and rock.

Category excavators, landscaping, lawn service, pavers, gravel

09/17/2017

MATTHEW C.

..............................................

Description of Work
.....................................

07/11/2017

ROBERT A.

Not good, they wanted us to contact the DNR first before they would even come out at look at the job. Their communication was okay, at least they did call us back. I would not consider them in the future, I wish they would have at least came out and looked at the job instead of doing it all over the phone.

Description of Work
I contacted them for an estimate.

Category excavators

07/11/2017

Nancy L.

Suzzette and her crew were great. Suzzette came out last fall to do a design, was very knowledgeable with ideas for our shady front landscaping. I had both Shades of Green and another company do a design; liked some components of each but Shades of Green was less expensive and I had a good vibe with Suzzette. She was very willing to incorporate the changes I wanted to make, and to do the demolition in a separate visit from the install, so we could get a new front sidewalk replaced by another company in between. We decided it was too late in the fall to start then, so planned for this spring. Suzette called in early spring to let me know their plants were uncovered so I could take a look to confirm the plant selections, and I was able to get on their schedule early. Demolition of the existing landscaping and rock went well. They were able to be flexible with my install date when my sidewalk install had to be pushed back for rainy weather. Landscaping install with Skip and his crew went great. The plants looked great, and the guys were very professional and particular, which I really appreciated, and did not at all mind me watching and getting plants just where I wanted them, even taking out my tape measure to get the bushes' locations exactly right. Everything looks beautiful and I'm very excited to see it grow up in the coming years. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Landscaping in front of house

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel

06/17/2017

Amanda M.

I am extremely pleased with, and highly recommend this company!!! Outstanding service, professional, friendly and do a phenomenal job! The crew was polite, courteous, answered all my questions and cleaned up after themselves. When I called Shades of Green Landscaping, was not only the gentleman very nice, he sensed the desperation in my voice, and offered to come out the next day, which was a Sunday, to look at my yard and give me his opinion and a quote. When he came out he said my yard was salvageable, didn't look like to me, but he was honest, frank, friendly and most importantly knowledgeable. His crew came out, dethatched, and aerated my yard, spread black dirt, seeded and then put down on the north and south slopes some type of straw to keep the seed from washing away. They also replaced a bush by my driveway that had seen better days, replaced a dead bush beneath my dining room window, and trimmed the tree in my front yard. I was told by July 4th my yard would be well on it way; this is June 16th, and my yard looks brand new!!! I've had several people comment on how nice it looks. The grass is a deep green, and very thick, even where it was dead! I am so pleased that I have hired Shades of Green to care for my yard with the exception of mowing. I highly recommend this company, can't say enough good about them!

Description of Work
I must have been overzealous with my fertilizer last fall and didn't realize what had happened until this spring. Most of my yard looked half dead with two parts completely dead. I was embarrassed to go outside! I called a few lawn companies for advice and obtained quotes, all of which were, in my opinion, very expensive. Then I contacted Shades of Green Landscaping!

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, tree service

05/19/2017

Priska G.

Contacted Shades Of Green and got a prompt reply from Suzette and set up a time to look over the area. An estimate and rough design plan was emailed within a week. Plans were finalized and work started on 05/10/17. Randy and his crew showed up right on time. Once Suzette explained what the object was and what overall look we were going for they went to work. They were polite and professional and got the job done in record time. I was incredibly impressed by how efficiently they managed to transform a huge problem area of our yard into a gorgeous feature that ties in beautifully with the overall look of what was already there. They had to bring several tons of boulders and river rock to the area with wheel barrels since there was no access available to bring in any kind of machine. Overall both me and my husband are extremely happy with what they accomplished. THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!!!!

Description of Work
Implementing a dry creek bed along one side of a sloped back yard to stabilize an erosion issue as well as redoing an area around a tree on the same side with the same problem due to the slope.

05/15/2017

JOERG K.

Excellent relationship with these folks. Very responsive.

Description of Work
We needed a new snow plow contractor for our driveway. Shades of Green were there promptly, gave us a good price estimate and have responded when we needed a little special attention. They are great and I recommend them highly.

Category landscaping, snow removal

05/02/2017

Lindley P.

I think they're very good. I had a lot of over grown small tress that were going wild and I wanted them to take them all out and put in some wood chips and plants some small plants. It was quite a large area and they did a marvelous job. Their manage was a very friendly lady, she came over and looked things over and it went very well.

Description of Work
They removed some small tress and did landscaping work.

Category landscaping, tree service

01/02/2017

Emma C.

Excellent job! I would definitely rehire!

Description of Work
Landscaping

10/18/2016

Mary K O.

All aspects of the project went extremely smoothly. I was a bit nervous going into the early stages of the project because landscape teams that we've used in the past haven't been the greatest at communication and follow ups. This was not the case with Shades of Green. We worked with Suzzette and she was prompt, organized, and extremely professional. Once we decided on a design and price, the project was scheduled and excuted without issue. The new garden is a huge improvement over the previous space. I definitely recommend working with them and would contact them again for future projects.

Description of Work
Perennial garden design and install.

10/10/2016

Martin D.

Wound up going with some one else. Primarily due to the fact they would not lay some pavers without excavation, said it would not work out and they did not want to be blamed. That would have left me with having to find someone else to do that part of it as I did not want to excavate due to tree roots would need to be removed and that would likely kill a Red Oak. I am OK with some heaving of those pavers, I can deal with that type of repair, and it is not in a critical spot. So I found someone else to do the whole project.

Description of Work
Complete renovation of home landscaping.

08/19/2016

Mary C.

They we on time, professional and fair priced. I have recommended them to my neighbors.

Description of Work
New Landsacping

10/06/2015

CECIL C.

Suzzette arrived on time to measure for a free estimate. The price was not the least or most expensive. The crew arrived on a Tuesday and removed the weeds with sod cutters and bob cats. On Wednesday, they installed several trucks of black dirt. The new sod was installed on Thursday and Friday. When we called them about a sprinkler not working, they arrived in about an hour and repaired it. The black dirt and sod appeared to be high quality. The installation was very professional. Lots of curved edgers and cutouts to go around. Definitely looks better than the weeds did.

Description of Work
Remove weeds. Install black dirt and sod. 15,000 square feet.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems

07/28/2015

John K.

I have almost nothing but good to say about this company. Estimate was very close. Time estimate was spot on. Quality of work was very good. Communication really needs improvement. I think I was called once by the estimator (good). Follow up calls to estimator and scheduling *I* had to pursue. I know your busy because your good but get better organized in the office.

Description of Work
Raise grade around foundation

05/05/2015

Lance S.

Delivered good quality black dirt the following day as promised.

Description of Work
Delivered good quality black dirt.

10/06/2014

Robyn P.

Best company I have ever worked with! Everyone there is great. Working with Suzette she planned out the garden perfectly. You receive very detail quotes with everything spelled out. No surprises. I can't say enough good things about the crew who did my patio. I was trying to get it in and done for my sons graduation party. Well the weather was not working with us. It was a year ago when it snowed on May 5th 2013. The frost was not out of the ground yet so are time was getting short. They worked long hours and one came on the weekend to get this done. They knew how important it was to me and they did everything they possibly could to make this happen. And they did! They even went above and beyond we were to use black dirt and seed around the yard by the patio and other places that were tore up during contraction. Well we did not have time for that because of the late start due to weather. So they brought in rolls of sod and put it down knowing I could not have a bunch of balck dirt around for the big day. The patio is beautiful. Great Company, great people! I would recommend this compnay to everyone.

Description of Work
I have used Shades of Green many times. Two of them where big projects. First one was they created a huge garden and landscaping the second was a big stone patio. This year I signed up for new mulch and with a fertiizing contract for the summer

Category landscaping, mulch, hardscaping

08/07/2014

Jerrilyn J.

The back yard of our old home had been completely redesigned and planted by Shades of Green, so we were familiar with their top-quality work. When we moved this year to a home with a long-neglected yard, we knew just who to call. Suzzette Mueller, designer/nursery manager, helped us choose an attractive paver design. She then created a patio design that was not only pleasing to the eye but also functional and scaled to our rather narrow side yard. The actual installation started on 8/4 and ran to 8/6. Although we live on a narrow street with lots of vehicles and limited parking, the "grounds crew" moved their vehicles (2 dump trucks and a flat- bed trailer) into position every day without hassle. Crew leader Skip had every aspect of the installation well in hand. But, no matter how busy he was, he always took time to answer any questions we came up with. He also provided us with info and tips. The crew was always on time, and everyone seemed to know exactly what had to be done. They paid a lot of attention to detail. I don't think I've ever seen anyone put in grass seed or apply fine sand to a paver "mosaic" with such care! The patio is gorgeous! And we know who to go to for help with the long-neglected sprinkler system and further work on our new property! Thanks so much, Shades of Green!

Description of Work
Met with us to assess wants, needs, and preferences. Designed patio for side yard to incorporate existing shed. Removed old concrete shed base in back yard and old concrete slab "patio." Installed decorative "paver" patio with circular design and contrasting border. Installed black dirt and grass seed on all exposed ground surfaces; covered new seeds with moisture-retaining straw.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, hardscaping

07/30/2014

Sherri S.

Right on time. Delivered on a Saturday morning. Didn't make a mess or wreck my yard. The drivers were very professional and aware that their trucks were heavy so they stayed off the grass. The mulch was a very nice grade and the color was beautiful.

Description of Work
Delivered black dirt and mulch.

Category landscaping, mulch

07/20/2014

Jennifer W.

A little trouble with the crew following instructions on the first day, but after talking with Bob, he came back out and talked with the crew and worked with them to make it right. It ended up looking fantastic. And our dogs absolutely love it!!! We're are getting quotes for a couple of other landscaping projects with Shades of Green.

Description of Work
Landscaped our new dog run with rock

04/26/2014

Patrick B.

did not provide plans for work

Description of Work
esitmate for lawn work

12/18/2013

Donald S.

That's pretty much the length and breadth of this. Lesson learned on my end: Ensure that you get an accurate price before work begins. Not doing so is probably going to be a dissapointment for one of the two parties. I would normally have tipped for this service. For better or worse, I did not do so due to the perception of price creep. I had thought to involve this same company in other work at this location but the situation now dictates that I had better shop around.

Description of Work
Quoted $100.00 over the phone, which turned out to be a "no less than" price. Didn't mention that the price was actually 20% higher than mentioned on the phone until after the work was done. Diligently plowed the driveway, and additionally shoveled the walk and steps.

Category snow removal

11/11/2013

Jennifer D.

After a phone conversation, the owner said he'd have the quote to me shortly. He was kind but after several other attempts, a quote was never received. Felt the quote time and communication was a waste of time.

Description of Work
Provider came to look at job so he could provide a quote. Said he wanted the job as it was close and he had the people to do the job.

09/29/2013

chris K.

Excellent experience. Both the design team and the installation team were professional, courteous, and prompt. Our designer, Suzette, listened to our thoughts, proposed some additional ideas, and came up with a design we were very happy with. The installation team also came up with some valuable suggestions just prior to beginning the work. The crew cleaned up each day and finished ahead of schedule. Suzette followed up with us after the work was done to make sure we were happy. Can't say enough nice things about Suzette, Skip, and Shades of Green!

Description of Work
Replaced existing landscaping with new plants, shrubs, and decorative mulch. Mulched an existing tree. Planted a new tree and mulched it. Installed stone edging around the perimeter of the house. Pruned some existing trees.

Weber's Lawn & Landscape

Snow Removal Residential - seasonal costs and per time Commercial, Retail, Hoa, Venues, Roadways, Snow Bird - Per Time, Monthly We pride our company on reliability, great communication, integrity, and quality work. When it comes to providing great service, we rise above the rest to ensure you the best results with the utmost care and communication. We are experts in our trade and will do our best to keep you as educated as we can on your task or project. Give us a call today to schedule an appointment. We look forward to earning your business!

Landson Construction

With over 25yrs of combined professional remodeling experience! We are locally owned and operated and understand the importance of getting the job done right and in a timely manner the first time! We are your one stop shop for all your interior and exterior remodeling needs we will ensure that you're extremely happy before we leave your premises! Give us a call today for your FREE estimate! We look forward to servicing you!

Offers by Landson Construction on Angi
    Great Goats Landscaping

Family-owned business that works with homeowners. We beautify landscapes, add function to outdoor living spaces and collaborate with homeowners on project design.

Offers by Great Goats Landscaping on Angi
    19513
    MN
    Minnesota Board of AELSLAGID
    06/30/2022
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

In winter, our primary business is Snow Plowing and Salt Sanding Services. We are located in Anoka and service a 15 mile radius around our office. When Spring comes, we start supplying and installing Green-Scapes, Hard-Scapes and Lawn Sprinkler Systems. Our shop/nursery is located on 9 acres and has a vast selection of Trees, Shrubs, Perennials, Bulk Rock, Mulch and Dirt along with Landscaping hard goods. We install Paver Patios, Walkways, Natural and Modular Retaining Walls, Sod, Ponds, Wa

Installation of Decks, Poured Concrete, Edging, Stamped Concrete, High Risk Tree Removal, Spading in large trees.