SHADES OF GREEN LANDSCAPING

MN Department of Ag
12/31/2019

3211 ZUNI ST NW

Anoka, MN 55303

Shade of Green Landscaping prides itself in providing beautiful sustainable landscaping services to your property, both residential and commercial. We have been in business for over 30 years serving the Northern Metro area. On our location you will find both large and small fruit trees, ornamental and shade trees, shrubs and perennials. You can choose from a variety of decorative rock, flagstone, class #5 and gravel. Black dirt, lawn and garden fertilizer, grass seed and supplies are also available. Our expert designers will help you make design choices that meet your need for an enjoyable landscape. We also install and service irrigation systems with quality parts at competitive prices. Year-round maintenance is also available, including lawn treatment, hardscaping, greenscaping, yard clean-up and snow removal. Terms for Landscaping and Lawn irrigation projects require 1/3 deposit upon acceptance of contract with the balance due upon completion of the job....

lawn & landscaping (46)snow removal (13)hardscaping (12)lawn care (8)stone & gravel (7)mulch delivering (6)tree service (5)lawn treatment (4)irrigation system (4)excavating (2)

10/23/2018

He came on time, and did exactly what was ordered. There was no mess left. We are very satisfied with the work done. And Suzette who came out and wrote up the order. ------------

Description of Work
Replaced broken landscape timbers

Work Completed On 10/23/2018

07/13/2018

They worked me into the schedule quickly and the job was great and the price very reasonable.

Description of Work
Small landscaping project

Category landscaping,mulch

Work Completed On 07/13/2018

10/23/2017

They were great! Quick, professional, and personable. Also offered advice on plants - type, location, splitting, watering - would use them again.

Description of Work
Re-sloped grade around house, cleaned out old mulch, rocks, plastic, etc. Brought in fresh dirt - landscape fabric - and rock.

Category excavators,landscaping,lawn service,pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 10/11/2017

09/17/2017

..............................................

Description of Work
.....................................

Work Completed On 09/17/2017

07/11/2017

Not good, they wanted us to contact the DNR first before they would even come out at look at the job. Their communication was okay, at least they did call us back. I would not consider them in the future, I wish they would have at least came out and looked at the job instead of doing it all over the phone.

Description of Work
I contacted them for an estimate.

Category excavators

07/11/2017

Suzzette and her crew were great. Suzzette came out last fall to do a design, was very knowledgeable with ideas for our shady front landscaping. I had both Shades of Green and another company do a design; liked some components of each but Shades of Green was less expensive and I had a good vibe with Suzzette. She was very willing to incorporate the changes I wanted to make, and to do the demolition in a separate visit from the install, so we could get a new front sidewalk replaced by another company in between. We decided it was too late in the fall to start then, so planned for this spring. Suzette called in early spring to let me know their plants were uncovered so I could take a look to confirm the plant selections, and I was able to get on their schedule early. Demolition of the existing landscaping and rock went well. They were able to be flexible with my install date when my sidewalk install had to be pushed back for rainy weather. Landscaping install with Skip and his crew went great. The plants looked great, and the guys were very professional and particular, which I really appreciated, and did not at all mind me watching and getting plants just where I wanted them, even taking out my tape measure to get the bushes' locations exactly right. Everything looks beautiful and I'm very excited to see it grow up in the coming years. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Landscaping in front of house

Category landscaping,pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 07/11/2017

06/17/2017

I am extremely pleased with, and highly recommend this company!!! Outstanding service, professional, friendly and do a phenomenal job! The crew was polite, courteous, answered all my questions and cleaned up after themselves. When I called Shades of Green Landscaping, was not only the gentleman very nice, he sensed the desperation in my voice, and offered to come out the next day, which was a Sunday, to look at my yard and give me his opinion and a quote. When he came out he said my yard was salvageable, didn't look like to me, but he was honest, frank, friendly and most importantly knowledgeable. His crew came out, dethatched, and aerated my yard, spread black dirt, seeded and then put down on the north and south slopes some type of straw to keep the seed from washing away. They also replaced a bush by my driveway that had seen better days, replaced a dead bush beneath my dining room window, and trimmed the tree in my front yard. I was told by July 4th my yard would be well on it way; this is June 16th, and my yard looks brand new!!! I've had several people comment on how nice it looks. The grass is a deep green, and very thick, even where it was dead! I am so pleased that I have hired Shades of Green to care for my yard with the exception of mowing. I highly recommend this company, can't say enough good about them!

Description of Work
I must have been overzealous with my fertilizer last fall and didn't realize what had happened until this spring. Most of my yard looked half dead with two parts completely dead. I was embarrassed to go outside! I called a few lawn companies for advice and obtained quotes, all of which were, in my opinion, very expensive. Then I contacted Shades of Green Landscaping!

Category landscaping,lawn service,lawn treatment,tree service

Work Completed On 05/01/2017

Review for SHADES OF GREEN LANDSCAPING - 3211 ZUNI ST NW, Anoka, MN - 35263669

05/19/2017

Contacted Shades Of Green and got a prompt reply from Suzette and set up a time to look over the area. An estimate and rough design plan was emailed within a week. Plans were finalized and work started on 05/10/17. Randy and his crew showed up right on time. Once Suzette explained what the object was and what overall look we were going for they went to work. They were polite and professional and got the job done in record time. I was incredibly impressed by how efficiently they managed to transform a huge problem area of our yard into a gorgeous feature that ties in beautifully with the overall look of what was already there. They had to bring several tons of boulders and river rock to the area with wheel barrels since there was no access available to bring in any kind of machine. Overall both me and my husband are extremely happy with what they accomplished. THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!!!!

Description of Work
Implementing a dry creek bed along one side of a sloped back yard to stabilize an erosion issue as well as redoing an area around a tree on the same side with the same problem due to the slope.

Work Completed On 05/11/2017

Review for SHADES OF GREEN LANDSCAPING - 3211 ZUNI ST NW, Anoka, MN - 35086509

05/15/2017

Excellent relationship with these folks. Very responsive.

Description of Work
We needed a new snow plow contractor for our driveway. Shades of Green were there promptly, gave us a good price estimate and have responded when we needed a little special attention. They are great and I recommend them highly.

Category landscaping,snow removal

Work Completed On 01/20/2017

05/02/2017

I think they're very good. I had a lot of over grown small tress that were going wild and I wanted them to take them all out and put in some wood chips and plants some small plants. It was quite a large area and they did a marvelous job. Their manage was a very friendly lady, she came over and looked things over and it went very well.

Description of Work
They removed some small tress and did landscaping work.

Category landscaping,tree service

Work Completed On 08/02/2016

In winter, our primary business is Snow Plowing and Salt Sanding Services. We are located in Anoka and service a 15 mile radius around our office. When Spring comes, we start supplying and installing Green-Scapes, Hard-Scapes and Lawn Sprinkler Systems. Our shop/nursery is located on 9 acres and has a vast selection of Trees, Shrubs, Perennials, Bulk Rock, Mulch and Dirt along with Landscaping hard goods. We install Paver Patios, Walkways, Natural and Modular Retaining Walls, Sod, Ponds, Wa

Installation of Decks, Poured Concrete, Edging, Stamped Concrete, High Risk Tree Removal, Spading in large trees.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check