NORTH STAR FENCE

Founded 1959 • With Angi since June 2004

551 WEST GARFEILD ST ANOKA MN

Anoka, MN 55303

NORTH STAR FENCE • 763-421-6150 or 651-690-0998 • About Us North Star Fence Co. Inc. is a local family owned and operated company established in 1959. Since then, our business has provided greater Minnesota and surrounding states with over 12,000 installations- "12,000"!!. We employ the know-how, the expertise, and the care needed for your next fence project. Whether your personal tastes draw you torward a great looking wood fence, ornamental fence, chain-link fence, or maintenance-free vinyl fence North Star Fence Co. Inc. is your best choice! Here's why: Our installers are employees not subcontractors. We are a debt-free company with very low overhead, which means more savings to you. More than 30% of our sales are refferals and over 10% of our sales are repeat customers. All projects are made from premium warranted materials. We use concrete, not dirt, to set all of our fence posts and corner posts. We use 3/4" thick cedar boards, not 9/16" like some competitors. Workmanship is GUARANTEED! We offer FREE ESTIMATES! We take: Please contact us for a FREE ESTIMATE by calling 763-421-6150 or 763-651-0998 or by E-mailing us!...

05/02/2022

Cruz G.

This is a great company and great people to work with. They got the job done earlier then I thought they would. This is a company that cares about how their product looks and I will recommend North Star to everyone I know looking for fence. The job and fence looks Great!!

Description of Work
New Fence installed

06/19/2019

Stephanie F.

We are very happy with our new fence. We went with North Star because of the quality of warranty, quality of materials, and because they used cement for installing all of the fence posts. During the initial estimate, we appreciated how knowledgeable the individual was. He showed us the materials North Star uses and discussed the installation and warranty. The post installation went great - the 2 guys that came out were able to remove the existing partial fences and install all the posts in 1 day. They were very careful and took great effort to make sure all the posts were straight and where I wanted them. They also didn't leave my yard messy. The fence install went smoothly, the 2 guys were able to complete the install in one day. They were also very careful with the install and took great care to make sure everything looked great. We are so pleased with our fence. Our yard is not flat and large, so we appreciated everyone's attention to detail. We would highly recommend North Star.

Description of Work
We had a wood and chain link fence installed and had partial chain link fences removed.

05/23/2019

Geralyn C.

John and Jeff did a great job for us of installing new vinyl fencing on a sloping yard--fencing material kept close to ground even on difficult terrain. Also made and installed a double wide gate that closes smoothly unlike our former gate. They use only top quality vinyl fencing. John and Jeff were very easy to work with on this project.

Description of Work
Removal of old fencing; addition of new fenced area with double gate.

04/30/2019

rachel L.

Excellent! they always called and they arrive on time and they did a very good job.

Description of Work
They put in a new fence for me a year and a half ago and they are going back again to fix it because my neighbors tree fell on it.

09/10/2018

Kevin C.

You really get what you pay for and thankfully, North Star is worth every single penny! The quality of materials used are way better than those you would find at Lowes or Home Depot. They take the time to do the job right by using real cement (not quick setting cement), adding screws to ensure that the boards stay perfectly in place, getting as low to the ground as possible (including removing roots and digging in a bit where possible) and having the fence as level as possible. Dave the owner was on site for most of the removal of the old fence, setting of the posts to ensure they were lined up perfectly and then he personally came back on a SUNDAY to get the fence panels put in because we have a pool. He has a great eye for the details including the exactly hinge placement on the gates, adjusting the self closing springs on the gates and ensuring that the whole fence looks amazing. We would definitely recommend North Star Fence!

Description of Work
Replaced a very old wooden fence with a maintenance free one

09/04/2018

Katie J.

The process went very smooth, posts were set on a Friday and the fence was totally completed by Monday! I got three other quotes from local companies, two were way more expensive than North Star Fence, I'm so glad I chose them. The quality and workmanship is very good. John has a lot of knowledge and helped me determine where the fence should be installed in my back yard. It looks great and my two rescue dogs are so happy!!

Description of Work
Install a new 5' high black chain link fence

08/28/2018

Elizabeth R.

We decided to go with North Star Fence based on what we were hearing about the quality of materials and the fact that they use experienced, long-term workers. We were pleased that they were flexible in taking on extra work in removing and hauling away the existing fence. We had an overhang attached to the fence and they removed that at no extra charge. All the workers were very skilled in their jobs and offered options on installation that improved the look and durability of the fence. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
backyard fence removed and new one installed

08/09/2018

Steven E.

I selected between three companies. Kevin from North Star was very knowledgeable, clearly stated the process and my options. He listened to what my needs were and gave valuable suggestions on what would work the best. I felt very comfortable and was just as pleased throughout the entire process. John the owner was in contact with me to arrange the times, and also went through the process of how each crew would arrive for their part of the project. I had to wait a week longer on the permit. John was very accommodating and just pushed the time a week later. Both crews (setting the posts and installing the fences) were on time and worked straight through to get the work done. Very professional, respectful, and friendly. My yard is on a steep slope and the finish product was better than I imagined. The privacy fence was on a small side yard in which the edge was a retaining wall. Both fences were challenging, but the quality workmanship showed that I made an excellent choice. The materials used were high quality and came with a warranty 5 year labor on both fences, 15 year material chain link, and 10 year materials on the cedar fence. I also was given a discount doing both fences at the same time. The wait time for the other companies was three weeks to over a month longer than North Star's timeline. John's policy was 4-6 weeks. I paid half after they completed and showed me the posts and how to monitor as the cement sets. The final payment came after they finished the installing the cedar fence (board by board and not pre-made fence sections) and the chain link, then took my on a walk through to make sure I was satisfied with the workmanship. The price estimate was what I paid and it was the same as one competitor and a few hundred less than the third competitor. I wholeheartedly recommend John and his crews at North Star Fence. It felt like they were installing the fence at their home from care and attention to detail with my project.

Description of Work
I had two types of fence installed. Cedar Privacy and Black Chainlink

08/07/2018

Emily B.

Jeff from North Star Fence was great. I received a free quote for the parts of the yard I wanted to be fenced in. The quote was fairly priced and was done in 30 minutes. He was communicative and stayed in touch to give us updates on when the fence would be installed. I will be recommending North Star fence to my neighbors.

Description of Work
Wood fence to finish the rest of my yard

07/27/2018

Alexia D.

Wow!!! This company is amazing! I first had a quote done by Kevin, which was very affordable. Then I spoke with Jeff and Kevin to set up a post install date, which was today. I was able to work with Dale and Aaron. Dale was the best person I’ve ever worked with on any type of house project!! He was so patient with the last minute changes I had to make and that says a lot about someone who works in an industry that’s demanding of your time. He even shared with me his opinion on what would be best for us since I was clueless with a few things. Not once did I feel rushed during the entire process. Both he and Aaron were friendly and even shared a few laughs with me. :) I can’t thank them enough!! I know that the final product is going to look great! I would recommend them 110%!

Description of Work
Chain link fence

Northland Fence Minnesota

Northland Fence offers fast free estimates all year round. Our innovative installation process gives us a product that we back with a 10-year installation guarantee including post heaving. All of our fence installers are all I9 verified, W2 employees that are fully insured including workers compensation insurance and we never use subcontractors. Our staff is here to make getting a fence a hassle-free experience from your initial phone call, to the completion of your fence.

Top Notch Fence

Top Notch Fence descends from four generations of hands-on craftsmanship servicing all areas with any style of fence. Specialists in Custom Wood Fences, Chain Link Fences, Maintenance Free Fences and Ornamental Iron Fences. We can accommodate any residential or commercial fencing need. Call for a free estimates today! Top Notch Fence Co. offers the best quality products and installation available in fencing and arbors. We offer an extensive variety of fence types, styles and materials as well as custom work. From conception to completion, our innovative team will ensure that your new fence will provide you with lasting enjoyment.

Dakota Unlimited Inc

We’re a family-owned Minnesota fence contractor company with hundreds of years of combined experience and are committed to providing the level of detail our competition can’t match. The owners, Tom and Chuck Engelmeier are brothers who work closely with their team so you can be assured every job receives the utmost care and quality. From initial design consultation right through the on-time completion of your minimally invasive installation, your complete satisfaction with your new fence is what we focus on. At Dakota Unlimited we take great pride in continuing our third generation of a family owned business. It is important to us to build strong relationships. After all it is the same way we build our fences - to last. Our people make the difference.

MasterCard, Discover, Check, Visa

WE OFFER QUALITY CHAIN LINK ,WOOD,ORNAMENTAL ,AND VINYL FENCING AT VERY REASONABLE PRICE.WHEN QUALITY COUNTS CALL NORTH STAR FENCE