LIBERTY COMFORT SYSTEMS

Founded 2004 • With Angi since July 2005

627 E RIVER RD

Anoka, MN 55303

www.libertycomfortsystems.com

Liberty Comfort Systems specializes in heating, cooling, and indoor air quality and is located within the city limits of Anoka, MN (otherwise known as the Halloween Capital of the World.) Jim and Karen Bonniwell own and operate a trend-forward, retail-ready storefront, where savvy homeowners can experience heating and cooling systems first hand before they install the products in their home. Liberty Comfort Systems is a lifestyle service company and we are committed to offering our customers a 'personal touch.' Loyal and passionate to the heating and cooling industry, we continue to build relationships with your customers from the basement up. We want customers for life and we manifest them through referrals and service agreements. Referrals have been the cornerstone of our business and the reason our sales consistently grow year after year....

HVAC Companies (59)air duct cleaning (6)chimney repair (1)water heaters (1)

11/30/2020

dave O.

the service was fast and professional.

Description of Work
furnace repair

Work Completed On 11/15/2020

11/15/2020

Tim W.

Very good work and I would hire them again.

Description of Work
Installed new duct work for a kitchen stove vent.

Work Completed On 11/10/2020

Thank you for the opportunity to earn your business. We are pleased to hear you are satisfied with the repairs made to your ventilation system. Let us know if we can help out your friends or family.

07/19/2020

Jim V.

Very responsive company and professional staff. The only company I reached out to that called me directly and promptly. Will definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Replacement of faulty thermostat.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 07/15/2020

Thank you for your business. We appreciate the kind words and recommendation. Let us know if we can help you with any other heating or cooling services.

05/06/2020

Sean S.

Purchased a new furnace and A/C and had it installed. Experience was great. Jim was very professional and helpful from a sales perspective. Have also used these guys for repair in the past.

Description of Work
Furnace & A/C

Work Completed On 05/06/2020

Thank you for the kind words, [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure to do business with you. We are always here to help, and we look forward to performing the future maintenance of your new systems. Enjoy your summer and let us know if we can help your friends or family. We have a great referral program!

05/18/2019

Deirdre L.

The whole process - from bid to completion - was carried out with such courteous professionalism that we can’t say enough good things about this company! Absolutely first rate! Would highly recommend!

Description of Work
Mini splits installed in large up and down duplex Linden Hills

Work Completed On 05/17/2019

Thank you for the opportunity to earn your business. Summer is just around the bend, and you can enjoy all the new comforts of your home!

01/21/2019

Tex C.

Great response from Jim. Reasonable pricing and timing availability was awesome. Jim was very professional and wonderful to work with. He provided a lot of options for me to choose from and gave me excellent advice. Got his hands dirty on installation day helping clear the brush around my existing airconditioner unit so that his installer could get the job done right. I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Replaced forced air furnace and airconditioning unti. Also purhcased and installed whole home filtration system.

Work Completed On 12/27/2018

Thank you for the kind words, [Member Name Removed]. I know Jim likes to get his hands dirty from time to time. Let us know if we can help out any of your friends or family with their heating or cooling issues. Spring will be here before you know it!

09/30/2018

Kelly P.

Great! The heat wouldn't start in my townhome. I thought, no problem, I'll call Centerpoint Home Service Plus, because I pay a monthly fee for their plan to get prompt service from them and it saves me from having to find a new vendor on short notice. Turns out that Home Service Plus couldn't get anyone out for a week and a half for no heat (note that today wasn't the middle of winter but was 45 degs for a high). That was completely unacceptable, so I looked for another vendor. I called several, and all were booked, wouldn't even answer the phone or charged crazy money to come out. When I called, they first setup an appointment for me in around 48 hours, but they said that there was a chance that they could get to me today. Sure enough a few hours later I got a call and Jim was on his way. I met him there. I turned out that the pilot light was out and no repair was needed. I was happy to pay the diagnostic fee and they didn't charge me anything for relighting it (which was nice, but also was really no big deal either). Anyways, I got a lot of good advice from Jim and I plan to have him come out to look at an upgrade at another house. Thanks so much for making a terrible day much better!

Description of Work
Furnace repair

Work Completed On 09/30/2018

09/18/2018

William H.

everything went in great. a family owned company that take a lot of pride in providing the best possible service and quality. prompt, courteous and the owner has a sense of humor.

Description of Work
installed a gas heater and a exhaust fan in our garage.

Work Completed On 09/18/2018

08/31/2018

Fred B.

This is an excellent company serving the northwestern suburbs. We were so pleased we are using again! Prompt, professional, reasonable, and they performed the service without the months of waiting for an open appointment we came to expect from other providers.

Description of Work
Furnace tune-up and preventative maintenance

Work Completed On 09/01/2017

06/17/2018

Cory K.

Couldn't have gone better. From start to finish everyone in the company was professional, honest, knowledgeable, punctual. and skilled. I appreciated all of the communication from Jim the owner as well as the office people. I always knew what was going on. During the quote process Jim was very straightforward, punctual, and honest. Didn't try to upsell me on stuff I didn't need but laid out the advantages of the equipment he had in his line. The team of guys installing the units were punctual, great communicators. and did a great job with the install. I couldn't be happier with the results. If you are looking for heating or cooling work you should do yourself a favor and use these guys. I know I will be using them going forward. Lennox may cost a bit more than low cost options but it's worth it to me. You get what you pay for both in terms of quality and service level. Nice to finally have a service provider who takes pride in providing great service to their customer. Unfortunately I don't find that very often in this day and age.

Description of Work
Replaced both our gas furnace and central ac.

Work Completed On 05/23/2018

09/21/2017

Bradley W.

They did a fantastic job. Their pricing was right in the middle of the pact. Jim the owner came out and gave us the estimate and he pointed out a few problems with the duct work that no one else did. He was very professional, no complaints at all. Like I said the owner was the first person I had contact with, he was awesome.

Description of Work
They replaced my air conditioner.

Work Completed On 06/05/2017

02/01/2017

kirk M.

The installation went very well. The service installers were courteous and did a great job. They did a nice job of cleaning up after themselves. I would hire Liberty Comfort Systems again.

Description of Work
Liberty installed a Lennox Furnace and AC unit.

Work Completed On 01/30/2017

10/25/2016

Chad A.

The customer service was great. However we did have a few bids for the installation of a new furnace and air conditioner. We did decide to go with a different company for the installation. Just based on totally on are brand preference of the Furnace.

Description of Work
An estimate on a new furnace and air conditioner.

Work Completed On 10/13/2016

12/15/2015

Stephan H.

After I moved a couple of years ago, I decided to try some HVAC service providers that were based in Minneapolis, rather than my old provider in Anoka County. After a couple of less-thorough providers, and one "D" performance from a Big Deal coupon I purchased, I came to my senses and called my old friends at Liberty Comfort Systems again this fall for my furnace inspection and tune-up. They do a great job, are thorough, and always respectful. I buy their Freedom Plan, which includes one heating and one AC cleaning/inspection/tune-up each year, priority scheduling and discounts on filters, etc. (I used to have one of those 4" filters, and the annual replacement was a significant chunk of change, making the discount very attractive.) In short, I said to myself, "What was I thinking?" and returned to the provider I know and trust. I highly recommend Liberty.

Description of Work
Clean and inspect furnace system

Work Completed On 12/08/2015

10/22/2015

Debra K.

I've been really happy in the past when I bought the furnace and the hot water heater from them 5 years ago. I got the air conditioner. They sold me one that was too big and it didn't remove the humidity from the air. We spent the entire summer having them come for the service call. I signed up for the service contract. After I called the manufacturer of the air conditioner, Liberty Comfort Systems gave me a smaller air conditioner that will hopefully do a better job removing the humidity. I went through a lot of pain with them but they did solve the problem in the end but it wasn't until I put pressure on them big time. I hope that they learned their lesson and they'll be more careful in the future.

Description of Work
My air conditioner broke the second time I had them come out and look at my air conditioner so I ended up buying an air conditioner from them.

Work Completed On 05/25/2015

07/13/2015

Kelly D.

Very professional and personable from when they came out to quote us prices to the final install of the new air-conditioner and furnace we bought. Everything was done in a timely manner - even when we had questions, we were able to email the rep over the weekend and he responded to us within a few hours. When the guys came to install the units, they were there on time, they put out plastic on the floor all the way down to our basement, and answered all of our questions so we could understand. It was a smooth process, and we're glad we chose Liberty.

Description of Work
We purchased an air-conditioning unit and furnace through Liberty and their technicians installed them and hauled away our old units.

Work Completed On 06/25/2015

06/19/2015

Debra K.

Dan was able to move the appointment up by a day which was nice. He found that both fuses had blown on my A/C unit, which usually means it's shot. He replaced the fuses and it came up and running. He cleaned the unit. Prior to the appointment, I signed up for the maintenance contract. I trust this company.

Description of Work
A/C was not blowing cool air. Provider replaced fuses and cleaned up A/C unit.

Work Completed On 06/11/2015

03/15/2015

Tom F.

They did great work, were honest about the repairs, professional and didn't take advantage of the situation (they could have just agreed with the inspector and gouged me with unnecessary repairs). I will definitely use them again with my new house as well as recommend to friends.

Description of Work
I sold my house and the inspector found some "issues" with my furnaces (I had 2). He estimated a few thousand dollars in repairs before I could sell - I honestly don't know how some of these inspectors have jobs. Anyway, I needed a licensed repair company to come out and certify/repair my furnaces. I hired Liberty based on a referral from a friend. They came out within a couple days (it was not an emergency, so I did not need them immediately) and fixed everything. The estimated $1500-$2000 repair (as suggested by the inspector) was about a $2.00 part - the furnace was missing a plug. They made some other minor repairs (again, inspector estimated the other "repairs" to be a $1000-$2000) and certified one of the furnaces (I was only required to have one of them certified). All said and done, it cost me around $300 for everything.

Work Completed On 11/20/2014

02/11/2015

Douglas T H.

They provided estimate, explained services, and listened to competitive information I had. Their professionalism and sense of quality convinced me that while not the cheapest, they'd provide best overall value in long run. They also provided larger filter housing and filter and put A/C in back of house (I opened ceiling in a bedroom to allow). They arrived in early morning and were completed with job by afternoon. Job went well and professional. One item noted was electrical whip to A/C was higher than line set which created trip hazard since A/C unit was much further away from house than original. Requested it be the same as line set but was told it was normal. I would think liquid-tite electrical connection could sit at ground level and even go underground if necessary. Not a deal-breaker.

Description of Work
Replaced Furnace and Air Conditioning in rambler.

Work Completed On 05/31/2013

02/02/2015

James B.

Everything turned out well. They were able to schedule a date that worked us out for us. They cleaned up before and after installation. They hauled away our old units. They vaccumed some of the old stuff away before installing our new units. They were on time.

Description of Work
They put in a new furnace and air conditioner.

Work Completed On 05/14/2014

01/06/2015

Mike V.

Jim was excellent! Would recommend Liberty to anyone looking for a no hassle process with exceptional outcomes.

Description of Work
Installed new systems.

Work Completed On 01/01/2014

10/25/2014

Janet G.

Great! I have had no problems with my new furnace or air conditioner. My thermostat went out on a Sunday early morning and they came out to take a look right away. It was winter and very cold, they didn't have one on hand but searched for one in order to be sure we were warm enough.

Description of Work
thermostat wasn't working

Work Completed On 01/26/2014

07/31/2014

Andrew P.

Lennox Units were installed. Overall, no issues.

Description of Work
replaced furnace and ac