Accredited Electrical Solutions LLC

Founded 2009 • With Angi since March 2011

15741 Azurite Ct NW

Anoka, MN 55303

Accredited Electrical Solutions (AES) is a family owned electrical contracting company. AES was founded in 2009 by husband and wife team, Matt & Heather McGill. We are a Minnesota licensed and bonded electrical contractor serving the twin cities metro area and surrounding suburbs. Our team has over 75 years of combined experience to help you with your electrical needs. Our firm specializes in residential and commercial remodels and additions. We handle all types of projects, from replacing an outlet to a commercial build out, we have the solutions for all of your electrical needs. We take pride in our quality electrical work, and offer fast 24 hour emergency electrical service....

11/13/2020

Lora H.

We have used Matt and his crew on three different occasions. We have not been disappointed! They are knowledgeable and and professional. They do what they can to make sure you've exhausted all strategies before they come out. We have been very impressed and would recommend them to anyone!

Description of Work
Electrical issues

Category electrician

Thank you so much for the positive review, we appreciate it and look forward to working with you on future projects!

06/15/2018

JEFF M.

We received an estimate, agreed to a price, and picked a date for completing the work. Everything went well.

Description of Work
We needed two additional outlets for our home.

01/31/2017

Joseph H.

Very professional. Good communication, came when they said they would and completed the work when they said they would. No problems, friendly guys. I didn't get several bids so can't comment much on price, though I did get a bid about 10 years ago so factoring for inflation their bid seemed reasonable.

Description of Work
Replace 150 amp Federal Pacific panel with new 200 amp panel.

08/11/2016

Jean G.

Everything went fantastic. Even adjusted their schedule to fit mine.

Description of Work
Installed upgraded service panel. Upgraded from 100 to 200 amps

03/22/2016

Eric S.

I was quoted a price over the phone of $140 an hour for service and between $200 and $250 total for the work to be performed. That quote was to create a new circuit and run a wire from my circuit breaker box, across the basement and up to my ceiling. When the electrician arrived, it occurred to me that we already had a wire right below the kitchen that used to be used for a cook top, before we converted to a gas cook top. My thinking was that the final price would be less than the original quote since this was obviously less labor and material. Did not think of asking for an estimate from the electrician at my home, since I had been quoted an hourly rate. It took the electrician less than an hour to do the job. I even helped the electrician by removing the microwave from the wall myself. When he got off the phone with the owner after work was performed, I was floored to hear a price of $295. Felt taken advantage of, will not use this provider again.

Description of Work
Ran a existing wire from my basement to my microwave.

Category electrician

Good morning [Member Name Removed], We are sorry you feel taken advantage of in regards to the work completed at your home. Please note, the $295 was for labor and materials. Although our technician was at your home for an hour, there is a considerable amount of material including wire and an arc-fault breaker which is an expensive part. Please know we do our very best to get in and out of your home in the most cost efficient way possible. We appreciate your business!

03/11/2016

Michelle L.

Great! He was on time, friendly, and finished the work in short order and we were able to clear all of the electrical issues from our inspection.

Description of Work
Came out and fixed a few things after our inspection (we were selling our home).

Category electrician

Thank you for the positive review, we truly appreciate it! We would love the opportunity to work with you in the future for any new electrical needs. Have a great day!

03/01/2016

Howard P.

The job went well, I called on a Monday and they squeezed us in on Tuesday and had the job done and Jake cleaned up when done very professional.

Description of Work
Put in a outlet for a microwave and ran separate line to the box and we needed some switches changed.

01/27/2016

Kelly J.

They arrived early without a call, but everything else went great. One of my outdoor lights is a motion light and it stays on all the time, I didn't get a chance to call them back to let them know, still need to do that. I'm not sure if it's an install issue or the actual light that is causing the issue - I did try the settings and still couldn't figure it out.

Description of Work
Installed 2 outdoor lights, replaced 1 outdoor outlet, installed 1 outdoor outlet, installed one indoor light fixture.

Category electrician, lighting, outdoor lighting

Good afternoon, I am sorry there is an issue with your light, I have sent your concern to our team member who completed the work and asked for feedback. We expect to be in touch with you within the next 24 - 48 hours. Thank you!

12/31/2015

Tiffany A.

Arrived promptly on schedule. Very courteous and did not give up when we could not figure out where my dead outlet was being sources. Took the time to explore every feasible option as unlikely as some seemed. Once determined it was never wired, was very quick about wiring and putting everything back together.

Description of Work
Provided 3 hours of electrical services that included solving issue with heated floor system, light fixture that stopped working, and an electrical outlet that eventually turned out to never have been connected by original contractor.

12/19/2015

Rosie M.

I have very mixed feelings on this visit. I do not think the coupon is worth the value and do not feel that I received 4 hours worth of work. The coupon was for two hours with two technicians. Both technicians were very pleasant, nice and professional. We spent the first 20 minutes just conversing and playing with the dog, so it's not really 20 minutes it's 40 minutes gone because it's two people. I don't think I explained my project well but I also expected them to be the experts to tell me what will and won't work. I actually wanted a new wire for one light to bring in a new line so that I could have two small lights together in the same area, more for ambient lighting. Instead what he did was to use the existing wire for one light and then pulled over another wire that was going to be used on a totally different light and moved it to be with the other light. So no adding a new wire, just moving a wire that was intended for a different light. If I had clearly understood that he didn't want to put in a new wire (which actually would have been okay as I had plenty of other electrical work that needed to be done) I would have had him focus on putting in a different light instead and then I would have to rethink the two light situation and yes, I had mention that I wanted this other light put in as well. I was not given that option and I couldn't clearly see the situation until the old lighting was taken down which I didn't see until after they had left. They left about 10 minutes early from the two hours so I basically lost an hour due to conversation and not enough time to start on something else. The other technician move a light switch over to a different wall. Work looked good. I was a bit frustrated when I saw that the plate wasn't on very well and pulled it off. I saw he put on a nice new light switch but it was extremely obvious that the other light switch in the same box was in bad shape and should have been replaced, not something I would have notice if I hadn't pulled off the plate to see why it wasn't sitting correctly. I've done some of those switches so I know it wouldn't have taken him long to switch out the bad one for another new one. At the very least, I feel something should have been said to me that it also needed to be changed. It would have been nice to know the options. They also left a big mess. I know my basement was in a bit of a disarray because of the new ceiling work also being done so some stuff left behind wouldn't have bothered me; however, I walked downstairs and the very first thing I stepped on was the old light switch that had been switched out and yes it hurt. The old switch had just been thrown on the ground and stuff they moved around they did not move back in place during cleanup and they had plenty of time to do that. If they needed a garbage can they should have said something. There was wire all over the place and one of the old light fixture that was taken down was broken in the process. I probably would not have been upset that the glass broke but he should have told me. For me, a big part of bringing someone back for more work, is how well they communicate with me.

Description of Work
What they ended up doing was moving a light switch, taking down two lights and putting in two new lights

12/14/2015

jacob H.

Went really well. A couple nice guys that did good work in a short amount of time. The only small negative is I found myself cleaning up a bit of their work after they left. Not a big deal, just a few small things. Overall good work

Description of Work
Did some electrical work installing lights and fans

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

11/24/2015

Jeffrey P.

"It" didn't go at all. This deal is a scam. Again and with feeling. THIS DEAL IS A SCAM.

Description of Work
NOTHING. Made an initial contact. Fully explained my needs and time frame. Called 11/24 and advised that would need them to come and do two VERY simple projects by Mon Nov 30. "We just can't do that, we're booked." This guy KNEW we were moving and absolutely cannot budge on our time frame as I explained it in great detail during the initial call. We are moving to South America and the movers last day here is 12/1. All we need done by that time is a light fixture removed from the ceiling as we are taking it with us. He encouraged me to call when I had the full list of what I needed. Never a MENTION of a two week lead time. Suffice to say this is crap service to the extreme. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. Not even a tiny bit of willingness to accommodate my needs. During the initial call when I told him about the light fixture HE didn't want to come an do it then as "I don't want to make two trips."

Category electrician, lighting

Customer contacted AES on November 2nd to discuss scope of work for purchase made. At that time, customer was not ready for AES to complete the work, he had other construction work that needed to be completed first. At that time, we notified him of our lead time (2 - 3 weeks). We did understand he was on a deadline, however we could not complete the work in one trip (per the coupon he purchased) unless other construction work was completed. We do not mind going into the customer's home twice, we explained the more economical option. We advised there would be an additional fee for the second trip and he did not want to pay the additional charges, he would contact us when ready. He contacted us on Monday, November 23rd advising he was ready and needed the work completed by November 30th. Unfortunately, due to the holiday and our back log, 3 business days advance warning was not enough time for us to get into his home. As discussed at time of initial conversation, we schedule on a first come, first served basis and advised our wait time. It is unfortunate that we could not fit his project in, but it would be unfair to our other waiting clients who were already scheduled. Our coupon is not a scam, rather it did not work for the customer's needs/timeframe.

11/20/2015

Peter W.

Went very well, very friendly and nice. Job is great, would call again

Description of Work
Changed several switches (3 3-way), reduced one to 2-way. Had to run extra power line.

11/09/2015

Matthew H.

Accredited Electric Solutions did an amazing job. They were friendly, worked quickly and I couldn't be more pleased with the work they did. I would use them again and I would recommend them to anyone that needs electrical work done.

Description of Work
Replaced eight light fixtures

11/02/2015

Helane M.

It was two electricians, one was an apprentice. The apprentice worked right along, coming to me with the next thing on the list. He put in two GFIs in two baths, and installed a pendant lamp. He was supposed to put batteries in five ceiling smoke alarms. I don't know if that happened because after they left I found the battery package on the floor, with one battery. ? The "real" electrician was something else. He went out to the truck three times, empty handed, and came back empty handed. At one point he went out into the street, and stood on the other side of the van where I couldn't see him. My neighbor asked me later what he was doing there. Apparently nothing. He went upstairs many times to talk with the apprentice. He'd take down something, then leave it, and go do something else. There were wires hanging out of everything. He lost screws for switch plates! At the first 30 minutes I could what he was up to--trying really hard to push the two hour limit way beyond. He attempted to engage me in endless, meaningless conversation. At 1.5 hours I told him exactly what I observed, and told him everything I gave him could be fixed in two hours. Nothing was unusual, or difficult. At this point the "real" electrician slammed every door he possibly could, muttered, pouted, and stormed around my house. I then called the owner, and told him what had occurred. He gave me an extra 45 minutes. The door slammer came down from his 10th trip to the second floor to visit with the apprentice, and informed me that the time was up, and they were leaving. He was going to leave wires hanging out, and switch plates off! I informed him that the boss had approved an extra 45 minutes. I appreciated that the owner gave me the extra 45 minutes. However, I still don't know if some things were fixed/repaired. The A for responsiveness and punctuality are for the owner, not the electrician who came out. This experience was so bad that I will not be renewing my membership to Angie's List. After this, I'll rely on referrals from friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
I had a list, prioritized. The list were items that would be reasonably be repaired/fixed in the two-hour time span with two electricians.

11/02/2015

Amy S.

Great - he was on time, very helpful and go the job done. I will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
I had a running list of items that I wanted to have addressed and the electrician was able to complete them all in the 2 hours I had purchased - in addition he helped me brainstorm on another item.

10/27/2015

Todd B.

Scheduled service promptly. Electricians showed up at time they were scheduled. I showed them what I needed done. They briefly explained what they would do and went to work. Professional quality and would use again.

Description of Work
Installed two electrical outlets in basement. One outlet in Family Room for space heater and one in bathroom.

10/26/2015

William G.

I furnished all lights and vent fan for bathroom. Bill (Electrician) was able to complete 5 outdoor lights installed and vent fan in bathroom within 2 hours. Bill was very friendly and professional. Appears all work was done well and to satisfaction. I would use this company again because the owner on down to the electrician were professional throughout. Lights look good and my wife is happy. Thank you Bill.

Description of Work
Installed 5 outside lights and one bathroom vent fan.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans, outdoor lighting

10/19/2015

Ahmad M.

It was a pure pleasure working with this company. I had called four other companies and had quotes as high as $1000. I needed a company to come in sooner than later to install a meter on my concrete block attached to the outside of my home. They showed up on time. They spoke directly with the electric company to make sure everything was to code and they had appropriately communicated to the city for the proper follow-up inspection. I paid $225 for two hours. Again, this was found on Angieslist and was bought as a package. I did not believe that the electrician was busting his butt to get the work done in the appropriate amount of time. I am and was impressed. I received a follow up call and praised this company to the Electrical company because of how professional they were.

Description of Work
Installation of a off-peak meter reader.

Category electrician

Thank you so much for the positive review, we truly appreciate it! We would love the opportunity to work with you in the future for any new electrical needs. Have a great day!

10/15/2015

Marcy A.

The two electricians were prompt, friendly, and worked hard. They not only installed lighting, they made sure it was located in the best possible way, as functional and good-looking as possible, and would check in to make sure they were following my instructions correctly. They installed a replacement bathroom light fixture (I purchased the installation items myself in advance). Outside they replaced my motion sensor back light to one that covered a further distance, and then installed solar-powered motion lights over my side door, garage door, and front of my front porch area since those areas didn't have an easy way to hook them up to electricity - I have an old house. They made sure they installed them to look as aesthetically pleasing as possible and to maximize the solar charging during the day (sunny side of house, etc). They also installed smaller battery-powered motion sensor lights for over my front & back doors, and on the alley side of my garage. My bathroom is beautifully lit, and I feel much safer at night (I live on my own in the city) now that I have proper security lighting in all areas of my property. The only delay was that they ended up coming back later on that week (for free) to switch the solar power lights to "ON"...they were too high for me to reach and they understood the mechanisms better. But honestly everything else was handled so well that that isn't a big deal. I would definitely recommend this company to others! They worked til the last minute and did everything they possibly could within the 2-hour timeframe. They also have a friendly attitude.

Description of Work
"$270 for Two Electricians for Two Hours" The owner came by ahead of time to walk through what I was thinking of doing vs the age and layout of the home, which was very helpful! Then the day of two technicians came by for two hours and installed various lighting in the interior and mainly the exterior of the home, including garage. They worked til the very last minute!

Category electrician, lighting, outdoor lighting

Thank you so much for the positive review, we truly appreciate it! We would love the opportunity to work with you in the future for any new electrical needs. We appreciate the page of Happiness nomination!! Have a great day!

10/14/2015

Beth L.

Installed 2 electrical outlets to be able to use my sump pump and dehumidifer in my basement. They did a fantastic job, I am 100% satisfied, except they do not take credit cards. I would have liked the frequent flyer miles. Otherwise, I will use them again and I will refer to them in my job as a real estate agent.

Description of Work
I needed electrical outlets added downstairs for a humdifier and sump pump that was installed by another company.

Category electrician

Thank you so much for the positive review, we truly appreciate it! In an effort to keep our prices lower, we have opted not to accept credit cards at this time - we apologize for any inconvenience. We would love the opportunity to work with you in the future for any new electrical needs. Have a great day!

10/12/2015

Rakesh A.

I wanted to install 3 ceiling fans to replace some light fixtures, and went with the 2 electrician for 2 hours deal after talking with Matt. The installers came on time and installed the fans without any issue. We even had some time left over so I had them use the ladder to change out some of the higher ceiling lamps. I would definitely go with this company again. They are very professional and knowledgeable about what they do.

Description of Work
Installed 3 ceiling fans

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

10/06/2015

RANDY L.

Overall, very well. I was impressed that I did not have any additional cleanup to do after he completed his work. The things that could have been slight improvements: he had to leave for parts and because he was working outdoors, I was not aware when he returned and started working the job again. I would have preferred that he had let me know that he had returned and was continuing the job. I picked this company because they were offering an Angie's List special and I would have them work on my house again.

Description of Work
Replaced two outdoor electrical outlets, bringing both up to current code. Add a cut-off switch for one of the outdoor electrical circuits. Checked the electrical quality for remodeled kitchen. Replaced an interior outlet, bringing it up to current code.

10/02/2015

Tom and Sheliah M.

Excellent work and a pleasant worker.

Description of Work
He installed a ceiling fan and put in a new outlet.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

09/15/2015

Jennifer G.

I purchased the Angie's List deal for 2 electricians for 2 hours. They arrived on time and went straight to work replacing multiple light fixtures. My house is almost 100 years old, and has interesting challenges due to the age of the systems and the multiple "handy" owners who have put their mark on repairs over the years. They were able to deal with all the oddities and replaced a totals of 6 fixtures within the allotted time. They were very pleasant and informative. I will have them back to do additional work.

Description of Work
Installation of multiple light fixtures.