G & K Floor Covering

Founded 1988 • With Angi since March 2006

5 Emerick St

Ypsilanti, MI 48198

Our store is open & our sales & installation people all wear masks & we provide hand sanitizer in the showroom.

We accept remote payment

G & K Floor Covering's staff has over EIGHTY years experience. We have been in business since 1988. We specialize in all types of residential & commercial floor covering including carpet, sheet vinyl, laminates, hardwood, LVT, cork, Waterproof flooring and linoleum.Our experienced staff will make things easy from the start of the project right through to the finish by estimating the job, ordering the necessary materials & coordinating the installation in a timely manner in order to meet any deadline you may have. We also offer professional installation on any floor we carry. We have a large selection of flooring to choose from in our beautiful showroom. We offer a residential credit program, a business to business credit program we also accept American Express,Visa, Master Card & Discover. SHOWROOM HOURS: Monday-Friday 8-5, Saturday by appointment between 9:00AM TO 12:00 PM. MEMBERSHIPS:Builders and Remodelers Association of Greater Ann Arbor, Better Business Bureau & A2Y Chamber of Commerce....

hardwood floors (39)flooring (27)carpet installation (21)marble & granite (1)

09/04/2021

Barbara L.

It was a pleasure working with G&K Flooring! Everyone I've interacted with was very professional and personable. Paul was great guiding us through the selection process, getting the estimates for our house, and managing the installation. The guys who actually came out to do the work were so fast! And they were so sweet and careful around my child who tried to peek in. I would rehire them in an instant.

Description of Work
Remove old carpet and install new carpet on an entire floor

Work Completed On 08/10/2021

08/05/2021

Wolfram B.

We hired G&K to refinish our 20 year old hardwood floor. From the beginning, G&K was very honest and transparent and pointed out some potential issues related to our floor and its installation. After the work started, some unexpected issues arose. G&K professionally stepped in and took every effort to deliver a well finished floor, even though the work took them extra time, effort and cost. Throughout the process they kept us well informed, discussed the issue and steps for its resolution and ultimately got the job done. We are very happy with their work. Would definitely recommend them for a hardwood floor refinish project.

Description of Work
Hardwood Floor Refinish

Work Completed On 07/13/2021

01/31/2021

Marvin S.

This was a big decision for us and we couldn't be happier with the result! G&K did an awesome job. Thank you, John, for all your hard work and doing such a great job. We love our new floors!!!

Description of Work
Hardwood flooring installed in foyer, hall, living rm and dining rm.

Work Completed On 01/25/2021

Thanks for choosing G & K for your flooring needs!

01/07/2021

Linda D.

This experience was a complete joy! Glenn came out and measured, was so professional, quote was sent promptly and very competitive. Paul scheduled our job as soon as the materials were available and kept us up to date on everything. Scott took care of our demo and install. He was prompt every day (this was a 4 day project) and had such attention to detail. He is very professional and personable. Working with G & K was a total pleasure and we wouldn’t hesitate to have them out to do more work for us in the future! They are highly recommended! Mark & Linda Dillon

Description of Work
New floor in kitchen, dining room and laundry room.

Work Completed On 01/07/2021

Review for G & K Floor Covering - 5 Emerick St, Ypsilanti, MI - 39124257

Thanks for your patience as we dealt with supply chain issues. We appreciate your business!

08/26/2020

Jean B.

We are very happy with the job from start to finish. Scott did a fantastic job with installation. Very impressed with Paul keeping us informed and calling when he said he would. Highly recommend G&K for all your flooring needs!

Description of Work
Installed Mannington vinyl planks in entryway, hall and living room.

Work Completed On 08/25/2020

Thanks on behalf of the whole team for choosing G & K Floor Covering for your flooring needs!

06/12/2020

PAUL M.

Started the project shortly before Covid 19 shut down the State. Had to wait 8 weeks to finish the project. Paul and his crew were amazing. Paul is very knowledgeable regarding carpet products. Can't miss with these guys.

Description of Work
Carpeted Six large rooms and a hall with three different carpet products

Work Completed On 05/22/2020

06/28/2019

Brian S.

Absolutely the best company to deal with. Paul walked us through the style, color and different levels of carpet. We ended up getting a great deal on a high quality carpet. We were in a time crunch and Paul and Glen made it happen. Their crew showed up right on time and installed with no issues. The install guys were quick and clean. I would strongly suggest using G & K Carpets in the future.

Description of Work
Carpet purchase and installation.

Category carpet installation,hardwood floor

Work Completed On 06/28/2019

Wer'e glad you are happy with your experience with us! Thanks again for choosing G & K for your flooring needs.

06/26/2019

Jeremy H.

It was excellent. on time, helpful and quick.

Description of Work
installed hardwood flooring

Work Completed On 06/25/2019

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! It was a pleasure working with you. I hope you enjoy your hardwood floors for many years to come.

01/17/2019

Amanda A.

My experience in the entire process (from choosing vinyl tiles to having my floor measured to the actual installation) was excellent. When choosing tile, Scott allowed me to take home full-size tiles, which let me see the flooring in my own kitchen, instead of having to guess about color, etc. from tiny samples. John installed the vinyl tile, and his work was impeccable. He was extremely punctual (arriving right at 9), and worked hard for a full day and a half. He knew exactly how to unhook my gas dryer to move it out of the way. He even set the clock on my microwave for me! Overall, my experience with the entire team was great, and I plan to hire them to lay flooring in other areas of my house in the future.

Description of Work
I needed vinyl tile installed in my kitchen.

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor

Work Completed On 01/14/2019

Review for G & K Floor Covering - 5 Emerick St, Ypsilanti, MI - 37661743

12/08/2018

Jeff B.

All around great experience...from the polite gentleman that fielded my call to my estimate meeting with Paul (a consultative approach) and the ultimate repair/installing done by John. Very pleased and will work with G&K again without hesitation.

Description of Work
Hardwood flooring repair

Work Completed On 12/04/2018

12/06/2018

Kevin P.

Great. They explained all my options & pricing. Installation was well done and ahead of time. I will definitely recommend them and use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Carpet. Whole house (less a couple areas).

Work Completed On 12/06/2018

Thanks for taking the time to review us. We appreciate you choosing G & K for your flooring needs!

09/19/2018

Marie T.

Excellent service and staff were trustworthy and polite

Description of Work
We had several wooden floors refinished!

Work Completed On 09/19/2018

Thanks for the review & thanks for choosing G & K for your flooring needs!

06/19/2018

Michelle B.

We can't say enough about the entire team at G&K Floor Covering. We had hardwood floors installed on our main floor (picture attached) and carpet upstairs. We could not be happier with the results. The owner Glenn provided us with a quote that was substantially better then all of his competitors. It was apparent that his experience and contacts in the industry ensure he can provide a competitive quote to his customers. Paul coordinated all of the scheduling with us and both installation crews, he kept us informed so there were no surprises, and was a pleasure to work with. The installation teams were professional and meticulous. It was obvious they took great pride in their work and worked well together. They began work when they said they would and finished our very large job in two weeks as promised. We would highly recommend them to everyone we know.

Description of Work
Hardwood Floor and Carpet installation

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor,hardwood floor

Work Completed On 06/04/2018

Review for G & K Floor Covering - 5 Emerick St, Ypsilanti, MI - 37169390

Thanks Michelle! We appreciate you choosing G&K for your floor covering needs!

05/07/2018

David R G.

They moved three cabinets in the loft and removed the old loft carpet so the area could be painted. Once the painting was done they came back, put down the new carpet and removed the old carpet from the stairs and installed the new carpet on the stairs. Then they moved the cabinets back into their original location in the loft. They did a excellent job. The installer crew is well organized.

Description of Work
Replace carpeting in loft and the stairs

Work Completed On 04/26/2018

Thanks for choosing G&K Floor Covering for your flooring needs! We appreciate your business.

03/15/2018

Mary Ellen R.

Very well!. Manager Paul was very responsive & was able to squeeze in my smaller job in between their current ones. The floor wound up looking great. I wouls absolutely hire them again

Description of Work
I had a floor that needed to be refinished in a hurry.

Work Completed On 01/24/2018

03/14/2018

Karen B.

Highly recommend G & K Floor Covering. I was given a wealth of information and I really felt like my needs and concerns were listened to and taken into consideration. My problem was analyzed from all angles and I was given advice on all possible options - including things I could do on my own as well as what G & K could help with. I wouldn't go anywhere else for my flooring needs. Many thanks!

Description of Work
Issue with Uneven Floors

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor,hardwood floor

Work Completed On 03/06/2018

11/22/2017

BECKY S.

G&K lived up to their excellent reputation. They offered excellent advise in selecting the flooring. Other than a few minor hitches in the installation (which Paul and Mike very quickly fixed) everything went smoothly. I LOVE MY NEW FLOORS! I would highly recommend them!!

Description of Work
I decided to replace my 20+ year old carpet with hardwood flooring.

Work Completed On 11/15/2017

Review for G & K Floor Covering - 5 Emerick St, Ypsilanti, MI - 36602364

08/30/2017

Dave L.

We have lived here for a year now and I like it very much. It's a small company. I would my friends and family don't make any decisions if you have cataracts because you might not judge colors right.

Description of Work
We had them do a floor in one room of our house. They took out old carpet and everything that went with that and put down laminate flooring.

Work Completed On 10/01/2016

08/08/2017

Donna B.

It went perfectly! John put in my floors and he showed up everyday on time to work on my floors. He moved my furniture and did an excellent job of matching the floor that was already in with my new floor. I would definitely recommend this company for your floors and would ask for John.

Description of Work
I had my carpet removed from my bedroom and family room and hardwood floors put in.

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor

Work Completed On 08/07/2017

Thanks for the review! We appreciate that you chose us to do your hardwood flooring!

07/26/2017

Cathy G.

Great experience from beginning to end! Glen and his staff are knowledgeable and very professional! Installation went smoothly! Highly recommend G & K!

Description of Work
Carpet installation

Work Completed On 07/20/2017

Thanks for the review! We appreciate your business & hope you enjoy your new carpet for years to come!

04/27/2017

Christopher T.

Removal and installation overall was great. I was slightly unhappy with a few minor items (below), but overall I was very pleased and would definitely recommend them. I really like the feel of their showroom and also their showroom staff and owner. The small negatives: They removed an interior door without notifying me that it would need work to reinstall. I would have consented to this, but I thought it would have been more professional to notify before hand. There were quite a bit of nylon threads that I thought should have been trimmed before leaving. They offered to wipe scuff marks off the trim, but they forgot to do that. This might sound like a lot of complaints but they're small ones and overall I still give them an A.

Description of Work
carpet removal, carpet installation

Work Completed On 04/27/2017

Thanks for the review! We will continue working to improve our customer service & your input is greatly appreciated.

04/17/2017

Julie S.

Fantastic! Honest, great price, in time, beautiful workmanship. Can't ask for more

Description of Work
Carpet install

Work Completed On 04/17/2017

04/10/2017

David C.

I'm very happy with the final result. I hadn't expected that the existing floor would come out well, given that maintenance was badly overdue, but it looks new. The new flooring is an excellent match for the older wood, and I am also very happy with it. The staff were very pleasant and responsive. The process itself was a bit long and disruptive, but this was due to the nature of the work, not anything that could have been done differently. We're considering having some additional wood flooring put in by them in the future, given the results we have had.

Description of Work
Extensive repair and refinishing of existing wood flooring. Installation of new flooring in two areas to match existing floor.