Custom Upgrades, LLC.

Founded 2010 • With Angi since March 2013

1.3

747 44th St SW

Wyoming, MI 49509

WHY CUSTOM UPGRADES, LLC.? We love "Turning Houses...Into Homes"! We are the only call you need to make for ANY Custom Upgrading, Home Remodeling, Repairs, Renovations, or Residential Real Estate needs! We are the only call you need to make - Custom Upgrades, LLC. does it ALL! We accept: Cash / Checks / Paypal / MasterCard / Visa / Discover / American Express Billing procedures: 50% deposit to start job and balance due in full with job completion. Some of our Custom processes require alternate billing procedures - these will be explained during quoting process....

08/10/2017

Roberto L.

The owner of this company has no scruples or morals. He is very charming and talks a great game but then again, that is what charlatans do. I paid in full Roger Kingma to remodel a property that I own at 923 Fulton NW, GR. He never installed the air conditioning that was on the contracxt. He started the remodel project in December 2016 and was told that the project would be completed by July 1, 2016 (6 months). He did not complete until April, 2017. We met in late April to review what had finally been completed and I paid him the balance due. After my son moved in on June 1st we thought the workmanship was below par but every thing was working okay. In early June my son called to ask how to turn on the air conditioning. It wasn't working so I had him call the HVAC contractor whose sticker was on the furnace. The HVAC guy said that there was no air conditioning unit install in the house. He said that he had a payment issue with Mr. Kingma (general contractor) and was told by him to not put in the air conditioner now but later when he had more money. Mr Kingma never had him put it in and ended up owing the HVAC guy money for other work. He HVAC contractor told my son that he was going to take Mr Kingma to court to get paid for other jobs that he had not been paid for. I spoke with Mr Kingma via text on June 11 and he said it was an over sight and that he would get it taken care of right away. I texted him again on June 14 and his response was "working on it". I texted again on June 19, 22 with no response. On July 7 I texted again using very strong language and he responded that the guy had not gotten back to him because of the holiday and that her will contact him right away. July 17 no response to my text. I then went on vacation for the last week of July and first week of August. Called today and got voice mail that said texting would be faster way to reach him. Texted him, no response.

Description of Work
I needed to completed gut and remodel an older house that I purchased.

08/24/2015

Ajay G.

Service was performed at our business. He never paid his jacobson heating & cooling contractor. He charged me $15k for the heating & cooling work and i gave custom upgrades him the full amount once jacobson heating & cooling work was done. But he only paid them $4k and now they are putting a lien on our property because they were never paid by the custom upgrades for their work. Also custom upgrades were hired to put new floor. They never leveled the floor before they start putting tiles. Now the whole floor is crooked and they came back to fix it but it is so bad it won't be fixed unless the whole floor is replaced. Now they don't even answer our phone calls and refuse to pay their contractor. You can look at their job and the work is been done by them at our salon. Please call me before you hire them don't waste your money and time. Because after their work you will be going to courts and attorneys and end up paying more then you think.

Description of Work
Remodel a salon

Category awnings

What this complaint fails to mention is that he still owes me 8000.00 that he has not paid yet. I have taken care of the money owed to the HVAC company out of my own pocket. The customer was on a time crunch to get inot his salon and open on time. He signed off on all construction work at the time at the end of the project and now that he is having financial problems, he is complaining. I am in the process of litigation to receive my balance owed. His salon if up and functioning every day. He is making money with his salon, but yet he still has not paid us. His salon is beautiful that he receives compliments on often. Its unfortunate that he has complained on this website. This hurts my reputation. I personally do not use Angies List for my business for this reason. You can look up my company on the internet and see that Custom Upgrades has a phenomenal rating.

03/31/2014

Elizabeth C.

Poorly

Description of Work
We contracted C.U. for a bathroom renovation. This included a tub/shower tear out/install, flooring, sub-contracted plumbing work, and vanity install. Their main employee, Dion, provided quality work, and was very professional. Their flooring guy was also very good. Our dissatisfaction was with the owner, Roger. He was unprofessional overall and even texted us one night at almost midnight to ask permission to come in the morning and get my antique bathroom vanity so he could take it over to another job site and have his carpenter cut out the opening for the sink! I would've thought that Roger himself could've accomplished that, considering he is a licensed builder. I will never use this company again.

Category awnings

The homeowner changed her mind numerous times on a vanity. We installed vanities and had to remove after she found a different one. The homeowner wasnt ready for us when we showed up. I had meetings with her and told her that we can't keep coming only to be turned away. It was costing us money. It got to the point that my workers didn't want to go back because of her indecisiveness and unorganization. We were going to take the vanity, which actually was a dresser, off-site to cut the hole into because we had started a new job. The job took longer than it should have and I apologize for that. We tried everything we could to keep the homeowner happy. The homeowner sent us a check for less than was and refused to pay for all of the extras. Instead of fighting over money, I wrote it off as a loss. Im sorry that it didn't work out, I did everything that I could.

Cheryl Grant Real Estate Keller Williams

Trusted and experienced team of real estate professionals assisting Clients buying and selling homes in Grand Rapids, East Grand Rapids, Forest Hills and all of West Michigan. The six person team consists of owner and listing Specialist Cheryl Grant, Buyers' Specialists Richard and Beth Grant, Madelyn Meneghetti, Becky Dickenson and Tiff Behrendt. Cheryl's more than 20 years in local Television News and more than 17 years in Residential Real Estate are extremely helpful when assisting people relocating to the area. The addition of Beth, Richard, Madelyn, Becky and Tiff, allows the Grant team to provide top notch real estate services to more Clients. Please read our reviews and then contact us to help you through the home selling and home buying process.

W.M.G.B. Inc

30 employees. Uses some subs for digging, everybody else is an employee of WMGB Inc. Cost is determined by the job. Financing is Available, Travel charges may apply. No service fee. May contact through e-mail. Additional phone numbers -Lansing area (517) 371-7023,Kalamazoo area (269) 385-5930, Muskegon area (231) 755-0826 and 800-766-0500 everywhere else. Additional contact name Julie Cowan

Offers by W.M.G.B. Inc on Angi
    Tri County Water

We are a family-owned company focused on delivering the best water treatment products and services in the industry. We can fix your water! Put our 55 years of expertise to work. We service all makes and models and offer free estimates. Evening and weekend appointments available!

Offers by Tri County Water on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

Custom Upgrades, LLC. does not offer Land Contracts, Rentals, or Financing.

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Custom Upgrades, LLC.

How is Custom Upgrades, LLC. overall rated?

Custom Upgrades, LLC. is currently rated 1.3 overall out of 5.

What days are Custom Upgrades, LLC. open?

Custom Upgrades, LLC. is open:

Friday: 8:00 PM - 6:00 PM

What payment options does Custom Upgrades, LLC. provide

Custom Upgrades, LLC. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

Does Custom Upgrades, LLC. offer free estimates?

Yes, Custom Upgrades, LLC. offers free project estimates.

Does Custom Upgrades, LLC. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Custom Upgrades, LLC. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Custom Upgrades, LLC. offer a senior discount?

No, Custom Upgrades, LLC. does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by Custom Upgrades, LLC.?

No, Custom Upgrades, LLC. does not offer warranties.

What services does Custom Upgrades, LLC. offer?

Custom Upgrades, LLC. offers the following services: CU has a Licensed and Insured, Lead Based Paint Certified Builder, a Licensed Real Estate Agent, and utilizes only Skilled Contractors. We provide ALL Residential Home Remodeling, Repair, and Renovation services. We also provide ALL Residential Real Estate services, as well as Residential Staging Consultation and Interior Re-Design services, Moving services, and FREE Quotes!

Are there any services Custom Upgrades, LLC. does not offer?

Custom Upgrades, LLC. does not offer Land Contracts, Rentals, or Financing.