BBD Contracting, llc.

Founded 2006 • With Angi since September 2011

2398 12th St

Wyandotte, MI 48192

We offer quality craftsmanship and outstanding customer service at an affordable price. We stand behind our work and can provide references upon request. We have over 16 years experience in satisfying customers with completed projects. We offer no obligation quotes and myself, the owner, managing and overseeing the project from start to finish. Should any issues arise, I am onsite to deal with any issues and resolve them. We also provide installation for two of the big box stores and all our employees have been background checked and cleared. We want to prove to you that there are contractors that can follow through with what they say and do. We are striving to bring back the trust from customers that a lot of contractors have lost....

02/24/2015

Samantha B.

Leaving out how Lowes dropped the ball on timing and professionalism. BBD joined in on doing just a spectacularly bad job. First, they missed their appointment time window, so the next time they came I had to take off time from work because electricity on the outside of the house was not working (admittedly the electricity was bad but i was home during the original time slot and could have solved this problem for them). From there it was installed with complete disregard to the plans discussed. our fence was not attached to the neighbors, leaving a 6 inch gap and an extra fence post for no reason. They told us that some cities do not allow them to connect the fence, which was not the case in our city, and that was their fault. The chain link on the on the far side of the fence was not even touching the ground. They had installed it with again 6 inches under neath it and not enough support so the fence pulled and pushed away at the bottom so much our dogs (40 and 50lbs labs) could just walk out when ever they felt like. They also left a pile of cement in my yard and scrap metal from their work on the fence all over the place. They also where not pleasant to deal with and hard to get a hold of for fixes. The Good: They sent someone who knew how to install a fence out and he pulled out the post next to my neighbors fence and connected them as he was supposed to. Next he lowed the fence on the far side so it was actually touching the ground and gave us some extra material to create "spikes" to hold the bottom of the fence down until the grass grew up a bit. They also found after the land survey was done that my neighbor had built on my land and brought it to my attention so I could deal with that and get the fence installed. The fence is installed, and it is working fine. I spent an entire Saturday digging up the cement they left on my lawn and replanting grass, we spent Sunday picking up all of the metal after my dog brought me some she found. Take it or leave it, but I will always check to make sure these people do not work on my projects ever again.

Description of Work
I payed Lowes to install our fence in May of 2014. They told me it could be accomplished in 3 weeks. They contracted BBD Inc. to install our simple chain link fence.

Category decks, fencing

08/19/2014

Betty C.

From date of contract to completion of deck was approx 10 months, I went through a lot of no shows,cancellations, workers show up and work a couple hours and leave, (with no cleanup) proper permits not pulled,city inspections not ordered,not meeting code and modifications needed to meet city code which meant pulling up deck boards to satisfy city inspector, unreturned phone calls and text messages. I signed the contract in July or August 2013 and work did not start until winter. Material was left on my lawn all winter and in April 2014 I called my lawn service to come and remove the debris and clean up my lawn. I asked owner to reimburse me for my lawn service cleanup and he did comply; I did need lawn restoration due to all the damage from material and debris left on my lawn for so long, which I personally paid for and hired lawn service to do the work. When I measured the completed deck, it is actually somewhat smaller than I contracted for, I had the owner also verify measurement. I did not want to pull up the deck as I was exhausted When the owner calculated material needed, he over calculated and I paid for material that I did not need. I was promised that he would pick the material up that was left in my driveway and garage for so many months and reimburse me;however, this is August 19,2014 and the material still sits in my garage, I disposed of the material in my driveway, no return phone calls from owner since he left in May,2014. When I did manage to speak to the owner during the building process, he would always apologize profusely, promise to improve and I would become optimistic but nothing ever changed. It was a very frustrating experience. It brings me no pleasure in having to write this report as I am not a vindictive person but since I am a member of Angie's list, I feel that it is my obligation to share my experience

Description of Work
Installed a deck

Category decks

The Energy Savers Roofs & More

We offer quality and affordable roofing services.

Atlas Home Improvement

Atlas Home Improvement is a Specialty Contractor that has served more than 20,000 satisfied customers since 1989. We are a CAPS (Certified Aging in Place) Contractor that offers Jacuzzi Bath Remodel solutions including bathtubs, showers, tub to shower conversions and barrier free showers. Additionally, we sell both complete Bath Remodeling as well as Kitchen Remodeling. We sell Gutter Helmet gutter guards and seamless gutters including a heat wire solution to melt icicles and help with ice damming. As part of our Aging In Place division, we also offer Walk-in Tubs and custom Stair Lifts.

Wallside Windows Inc

Family owned and operated since 1944, Wallside sells directly to the homeowner, manufacturing and installing its own products. With a factory/showroom located in Taylor, Mich., the vinyl window manufacturer services two thirds of the lower peninsula of Michigan and northwest portions of Ohio.

We do not do deck cleaning or finishing

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about BBD Contracting, llc.

How is BBD Contracting, llc. overall rated?

BBD Contracting, llc. is currently rated 2 overall out of 5.

What days are BBD Contracting, llc. open?

BBD Contracting, llc. is open:

Friday: 8:00 AM - 7:00 AM

What payment options does BBD Contracting, llc. provide

BBD Contracting, llc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check

Does BBD Contracting, llc. offer free estimates?

Yes, BBD Contracting, llc. offers free project estimates.

Does BBD Contracting, llc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, BBD Contracting, llc. does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does BBD Contracting, llc. offer a senior discount?

No, BBD Contracting, llc. does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by BBD Contracting, llc.?

Yes, BBD Contracting, llc. offers warranties.

What services does BBD Contracting, llc. offer?

BBD Contracting, llc. offers the following services: We are a licensed and insured contractor that offers services ranging from Custom Decks, Fencing, Finished Basements, Siding, Windows, Doors, Railings, Porches, and Garages

Are there any services BBD Contracting, llc. does not offer?

We do not do deck cleaning or finishing