Independent Carpet One Floor & Home

Founded 1969 • With Angi since November 2005

12:00 PM - 4:00 PM

1400 N Wayne Rd

Westland, MI 48185

It's been our pleasure to serve the flooring needs of the Westland area for more than 46 years. We’re your family-owned, neighborhood flooring experts. Drop by and let us help you choose the perfect flooring for your particular home and lifestyle. Additional website - www.independentcarpetone.com. Additional contact name - Frances Francavilla. Additional contact phone - (800) 750-5916....

Resposiveness

carpet installation (61)flooring (38)hardwood floors (7)

02/02/2020

Installation went fine. Installers were very good and polite. Also the Saleswoman Tamika was very helpful with explaining the different carpets and flooring for the entryways. It made my decision easier. There was also the need for a small repair to the installation. Tamika made sure it got done promptly. I would recommend Independent Carpet One.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New carpet installed and entry ways were done.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/20/2020

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so very much for taking the time to review with Angie's List your experience with our staff. We truly appreciate the opportunity to provide flooring for your home. Thank you for the trust and confidence. We look forward to working with you again for all your future flooring needs! Catherine Buchanan-Owner

11/28/2018

Wonderful Service, my rep was Jeane Salter and she was so patient and helpful. Her expertise was so valuable as I made my decisions. Installation was a breeze with the team of Doug and Jason. They worked so efficiently. It was amazing. I would definitely recommend Independent Carpet One to all my friends.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
3 bedrooms, living room and hallway carpeted and tile foyer

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/28/2018

11/19/2018

Cameron Mitchell was a great help in the selection process. Had to replace the new carpet after discovering a flaw. I am awaiting the replacement. Expect all to go well.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Stairs & hallway carpet

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/07/2018

[Member Name Removed] Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I am however sorry you are experiencing manufacturer issues but be rest assured we will make sure everything gets taken care of so you can enjoy your new flooring! Thank you for your patience!

05/21/2018

They were considerate and professional, they did a great job. Plus, Bob at the showroom was very helpful.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had vinyl put down in my hall, foyer and kitchen and new carpet on my stairs.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/01/2018

[Member Name Removed] Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our Angie's list members! We thank you for the trust and confidence in our installation and sales team! Enjoy your new flooring and we look forward to working with you again for all you future flooring needs! Cathy Buchanan-Owner

05/16/2018

Both installations went very smoothly!! Guys were professional and efficient. We had one corner we wanted to have fixed b/c the gap between the floor and the wall was too large for our trim to cover - the guys fixed it before they left and didn't complain at all (at least not to us anyways!) Overall our experience with Independent Carpet One was terrific! I have already referred a co-worker to the...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Vinyl planks and carpeting installed in basement

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/17/2018

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review on Angie's List. It was our pleasure to work with you to find that perfect floor for your home. We appreciate your trust and confidence enough to refer a friend to our store. We truly do appreciate that and we promise to continue our great service to you and your family and friends for all your future flooring ne...

08/27/2017

We did not use them but we went to their showroom. ?They were very expensive. ?The showroom was great. ?They had a lot of variety. Professionalism was good. ?But we just went and we saw that it was beyond our budget. So we did not use them at all. ?We were just looking around first to see if there was a carpet that we liked in our budget. ?They gave us an approximate quote but that was way beyond ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
quote for carpet, member viewed showroom store

08/10/2017

Sales person more knowledgeable than our dealings with Home Depot. Installers were professional and completed the job in one day. Materials and labor seem of high quality. Not the cheapest option but feel like the quality was worth it.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New vinyl floor for family room

CATEGORY flooring contractor

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/09/2017

04/25/2017

They had to come back to finish. It took a lot longer than they said it was going to take. They did a follow-up. There was one person to finish the job. It was 18 feet by 10 feet. They did a nice job of cleaning the area.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They did some flooring in the basement. They put vinyl and tile.

CATEGORY flooring contractor

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/15/2017

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for sharing your experience on Angie's List. We do appreciate your trust and confidence in our store. I am sorry for any delay it took to get back out the second time but more importantly the flooring looks great and you are happy. Enjoy your new flooring and we hope we can work together again for your future flooring needs!

04/04/2017

Very professional service from start to finish. I told sales representative Jeane Salter what I was looking at and the price range. She brought samples and helped us select colors, leaving the final decision to me. On installation day, Joe and his associate arrived on time and did splendid work in less than four hours, removing carpeting, carpeting a large half-basement and stairs and repairing a ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Carpeted our basement and stairs to basement. Repaired squeaky bedroom floor, reinstalling underlayment, repairing faulty joists, and restretching existing carpet.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/30/2017

03/30/2017

I recently engaged Independent Carpet One to perform services for me. I had a regrettable experience and posted on this site previously a number of comments about the firm and its owner, which I now regret. As part of the resolution of our differences, I have agreed to post this retraction. I now consider the matter closed

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I recently engaged Independent Carpet One to perform services for me. I had a regrettable experience and posted on this site previously a number of comments about the firm and its owner, which comments I now regret. As part of the resolution of our differences, I have agreed to post this retraction. I now consider the matter closed.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/30/2017

Floor covering sales & installation, carpet, hardwood, vinyl & tile.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available