WINDOWS WALLS & MORE

Founded 1977 • With Angi since May 2010

3.3

5528 DRAKE RD

West Bloomfield, MI 48322

Windows, Walls & More Inc. is your Designer Store specializing in window treatments, wallpaper and fabric at discounted prices for your home...Established in 1977, we have deep ties in Michigan to West Bloomfield, Farmington Hills, Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills, Novi, Northville and many surrounding

09/29/2021

sandra O.

Wallpaper rollage is difficult to calculate. It is calculated by single rolls, only sold in double rolls, you have to worry about repeating patterns, etc. I decided to go here specifically because I needed help with figuring out how much wallpaper I needed. I'm in my late 30s and I have no experience with wallpaper. The intention was for me and my mom to hang it together. I went to the store, picked out paper, gave Carol a diagram with every measurement in the room and asked her to order enough paper for the entire room. I actually elected to order more than she said I needed to make sure I had enough. The cost was $447.40. However, the amount of wallpaper she had me order was 4 double rolls for a total of 243 total square feet for a 12 x 15 room. I don't remember exactly how tall the papered section of each wall is, but let's go with a a very conservative estimate of 6 feet because there is molding (it's probably more like 7+ feet). A 12 x 6 foot wall would take 72 square feet alone without any waste. This was a 12 x 15 foot room. Clearly, 243 square feet is not enough. Carol made a huge math error somewhere. As a result, I received half the wallpaper I needed. I ended up hiring an installer who quickly advised me that I didn't have nearly enough paper and she could only cover two walls . The project is going to cost double what I expected. Honestly, I thought the cost was reasonable, so I would've bought double the wallpaper at the store at a total cost of about $900 if I knew that was needed. But I'm not happy about finding out it will cost double after the fact. When I called Carol, instead of saying something like "Oh no! It looks like something went wrong here, let's figure out what happened", Carol immediately got snide and said "this is why we tell everyone to use a professional installer and have their installer measure and tell them how many single rolls they need" and "we only provide calculations as a courtesy" and "you signed a document saying we aren't responsible for the calculations". By the way, Carol never did tell me I needed professional measurements when I bought the paper, she just told me the amount I needed to order. I asked Carol to have the owner Susie call me. Susie called me as I was writing this review. Her response was that they always recommend people use professional installers for accurate ordering and that she's "sorry it didn't work out". She basically said "I don't know what happened because I wasn't here." Again, I felt blamed for this problem. I ended up ordering the rest of the wallpaper I needed from Sherwin Williams (they have a hotline where you can provide the pattern and they can order it for you) and they were wonderful, and they were completely appalled by what I went through at Windows Walls & More. They directed me to a local store that could order my paper. By the way, my second set of wallpaper is from another lot. So I just have to hope it matches well enough since the wallpaper I bought at Windows Walls & More has already been installed and was nonrefundable anyway. I will say that Windows Walls & More is a good place to go to look at wallpaper books because they have a ton of them. You can spend hours looking at the paper books, feel the texture of the paper, check out the book and take it home to see how the paper looks in your room, etc. However, don't feel obligated to buy here. They aren't reliable judges of how much wallpaper you need anyway, which essentially makes them useless versus buying figuring it out yourself and ordering your wallpaper online. They redact all of the wallpaper books to try to make it difficult to figure out what wallpaper you are looking at. However, in every book , they missed redactions in several places so it is easy to figure out what paper it was by Googling pattern names, numbers, or brands. You can also take a picture of the paper you like, do a Google Image search, and then figure out what brand it is and order it elsewhere. Don't depend on this store to provide better service than an online retailer.

Description of Work
Purchasing Wallpaper

Category wallpaper

Dear Valued Customers and [Member Name Removed], It has come to our attention that on (9/28/ 2021 0ne reader chose to write about her experience in our store. Unfortunately, she chose to use personal names and continued in a lengthy negative discourse how unhappy she was with her experience. While we would have preferred to remain anonymous (name wise) we are a team, and have her resolve her issues with us personally, we now feel slandered in a very personal way. This order was based on her own measurements, and not a professional's. Therefore, for many obvious reasons, we cannot be liable or responsible for any quotes on rollage. We do not offer this service and always suggest and prefer the customer get a professional quote before ordering. On a rare occasion, if the customer signs off on the invoice relinquishing Windows, Walls & More of any responsibility for rollage or mishaps due to the independent installer, we will reluctantly give a quote based on a basic formula. And again, we will repeat that we are not responsible for that quote, it is an estimate and should be checked with the installer. What we DO do at Windows, Walls, and More is offer one on one personal service in a relaxed atmosphere. We do not work on commission, there is no hustle. We have an extensive library of over 400 current gorgeous wallpaper books to peruse at your leisure from top designers from all over the world. You can check out the books to see these papers in your space and lighting. We even offer in home consultation. Bring in your renovating samples and photos and we will spend hours or days putting together your space for a true designer look and feel. With more and belated apologies to [Member Name Removed] O. we hope you never have to write such a lengthy and negative letter again. We also hope you are enjoying your beautiful wallpaper every day. Sincerely, Carol & Susie@ Windows & Walls

11/03/2015

Harvey L.

Category wallpaper, window treatments

03/26/2015

Charlotte R.

Category wallpaper

07/14/2014

Roselyn N.

Description of Work
They installed floor to ceiling and wall to wall Luminette sheers in living room and woven shades in kitchen/dining area. Gorgeous job. Wish I had gotten the electronic operation option for living room installation..

Category wallpaper, window treatments

C Property Maintenance

Summer, Fall, and Winter. We know that Mother Nature and time waits for no one, so we understand the urgency in keeping your property maintained. We also stay diligent to make sure your property is taken care of on the scheduled time. Your satisfaction is our priority and we strive to provide a service we are proud of. We start every project by providing a thorough consultation to understand your goals and the needs of the project. We do this to guarantee that the project is completed according to your preferences. As the weather changes, our services do the same. We offer commercial and residential snow plowing and de-icing services designed to meet the requirements of high traffic office parks and condominium complexes while still shoveling the smaller residential sidewalks. No job to big or too small, we do it all. We are a full-service company that can handle any size project. We strive to be able to meet the requirements of any job for total customer satisfaction. Fall is a busy time for any business or family. With Holidays approaching quickly you want your property in tip-top shape. We offer a full-service fall clean up that will leave your property spotless and in good shape for the next season.

2022 Super Service Award

Colette Designed LLC

Colette Designed is a full-service design firm from Detroit Metropolitan Area. We create spaces that are a true reflection of you, your home, and your business. It is our passion to constantly pursue fresh inspiration and bring your ideal visions to its complementary surface. We work hard to deliver designs that are current, yet still possess a timeless style. We set out to create an environment that evokes emotion and fills a purpose. We take pride in our work ethic, our eye for innovative designs, and our commitment to our clients. Beginning with research and inspiration, we move through the stages of design to find you the most efficient, functional, and elegant solution, while maintaining practical measures of budget, accessibility, and timeline. Hours of extensive market research allow us to create each design specific to your target market. We pay attention to personalized details that are a reflection of you and your space. From a complete room makeover, one special piece to finish a room. or a blank canvas in a new home. we ensure that you are making the most of your investment. www.colettedesigned.com 248-508-7787

2022 Super Service Award

BLIND DEPOT

I specialize in professional measuring, installation, and design window treatment consultation services. I have been in the window treatment industry since 1986, started on the manufacturing side and moved to installation later in my career. You won't find someone with a better understanding of what is the BEST option for your home and window. As the owner I can guarantee you the best prices, quality, and service.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Financing Available

Windows, Walls & More Inc. is Hunter Douglas's onsite showroom and Certified Service/Repair center for blinds, shades and shutters. Our window treatment specialists will also be happy to help you with your Home automation and motorization needs.