Renaissance Contracting

Founded 2001 • With Angi since January 2017

Roofing,roof replacement, roof repair, roofer, roofing instsller, siding, windows & doors....

24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered

A Service Provider's profile image

+31 more images

New Certainteed SBS rubber shingle install w/ attic cat blown insulation.

New Certainteed SBS rubber shingle install w/ attic cat blown insulation.

insulation202048178
This is a project we completed in the summer of 2020 for Eric S. We installed a Certainteed Landmark Pro Morie Black SBS rubberized shingle 5star package. After completing this build for Eric we ended up doing 4 of his neighbors roofs as well. Leaving them with a 5 star roofing system, value and a Great experience. "Sterling and his crew did an excellent job with my recent roof replacement. The team was very responsive and the quality of their work was exceptional. I am someone who pays attention to the details, and Sterling and his team hit the mark in all levels. Will definitely be referring Sterling to others. Thank you for a great experience!" -Eric S

roofing (73)home builder (5)gutter cleaning (13)gutter repair (12)siding companies (4)general contractors (4)roof cleaning (3)house painting (3)chimney repair (3)Patios (1)professional organizers (1)window replacement (1)

07/15/2022

Natalie M.

Whew, there's a lot to unpack here. Initially, we loved Renaissance Contracting & Roofing. Randy was our salesman and he was amazing, very thorough with our estimate for a new roof, gutters, and trim on window. He took the time to memorize all of our kids names, always called when he said he would, and even helped unload groceries to our house while picking up one of our payments. Shawn was our assigned Project Manager, he failed to call us back when he said he would, and always failed to communicate everything. When it came time to have our roof installed, some of the crew was wearing Victors Roofing shirts and the other were wearing dressy button up shirts. We were taken back that they were wearing another companies shirts and mentioned our concerns to Shawn, who brushed them off. From what I can tell the actual roof job seems to be done well, but I'm not sure, as I'm not a professional. Mentioned this to Randy whom seemed very disappointed for us, then we told we'd be assigned a new project manager to finish our job. Bruce was the assigned to our project, but he also lacked the skills to properly communicate to us. He never called back when he said he would, our gutters were installed a day shy of 3 weeks from roof install. But it took me calling numerous times to finally get ours scheduled, and now we are still waiting on the trim to be installed around our back window. This is a simple job, but we don't have the breaker machine to bend the trim or we would have done it ourself. We thought this would be the easiest job, but the contractor he originally thought never called hime back and yesterday we had a no show on a contractor that was supposed to show up. When I called Bruce this morning, he still can't tell me when someone will be out to our house. He is also supposed to shorten our standard 4' gutter spout to a 2' like we had mentioned to Shawn originally, the message never got relayed to him apparently. He has yet to come out and fix the error made, and can't give us a set date. This has been a communication nightmare.

Description of Work
Communication Nightmare

Category contractors, gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 07/13/2022

06/02/2022

Mich S.

Please see my review below, my mother chose him on Angie’s list review…so sorry he is a thief…she paid him in full. After their work, water was pouring into her family room , bedroom and kitchen. He was apologetic, he agreed to repair the roof plus the damages …no show - 9 -10 plus months . She had to pay thousands to repair the damage on top of his payment..money that she does not have to waste. If I could ...I would give 0 ... Renaissance Roofing and scammer STERLING HUGHEY does not deserve this generous 1. Brief : My mother is a senior on a fixed income, to prevent damage to her home she hired this CLOWN to replace her flat roof. Shortly thereafter, her roof began to leak, she spoke with Sterling and his team on several occasions giving them the opportunity to repair their work. He took full responsibility for all damages and he made several promises to fix it, she trusted that he would honor his word and warranty. He schedule several repair dates ...He was a no show after no show . He began ignoring her calls , she has several emails, text messages to prove this. Her ceilings in 3 rooms below this roof collapsed causing extensive damage. The CLOWN IN CHIEF, again apologized, agreed to repair the roof, drywall, insulation and clean the carpets...to quote him, "it will be done, if I have to do it myself personally ". 10 months later...NO CHANGE .....the CLOWN has done NOTHING to right his wrong, HE HAD NO PROBLEM TAKING HER MONEY .... STERLING HUGHEY is a bum who prayed on a senior with limited income, this loser brought his father to the first meeting probably to gain the customer's trust. I will hire an attorney for my mother, this thief should not be allowed to steal and take advantage of the most vulnerable in our community. DO NOT USE RENAISSANCE ROOFING - STERLING HUGHEY - NOT EVEN TO CLEAN YOUR TOILET. Service: Roof repair I have a video and picture of the water pouring into her home due Renaissance Roofing and Sterling HUGHEY. DO NOT TRUST HIM OR ANY BUSINESS THAT HE IS AFFILIATED WITH.

Description of Work
Renaissance Roofing -Sterling Hughey - ruined my mothers home - scam - does not honor his work. He still has not repaired the extensive damage that he caused to my mother’s home. He had accepted responsibility yet has been a no show after no show - ignores the phone calls Definitely belongs in the HALL OF SHAME !

Work Completed On 05/25/2022

Review for Renaissance Contracting - 5600 W MAPLE RD, West Bloomfield, MI - 39752366

I believe you have the wrong company. This is Renaissance Roofing, Inc out of Plymouth, MI owned by Donald DePriest. We do not work within the city of Detroit. I believe you may have mistaken our company for Renaissance Contracting LLC (Sterling Hughey- the owner) whom we have a court order against using any portion of "Renaissance" in his name. On May 2, a judge in the third circuit court of the State of Michigan, order that if Sterling Hughey does not amend the name of his company withng 14 days from the date of the order, Renaissance Contracting, LLC shall be dissolved" We are sorry you had this experience with them. If you could remove your review from our company, and place it on his company page - Renaissance Contracting & Roofing - out of West Bloomfield, we would appreciate it. Thank you.

05/10/2021

Cynthia W.

Sterling was easy to communicate with, on time, professional, experienced , and helpful. We would recommend Renaissance Contracting.

Description of Work
check for leak

Work Completed On 05/06/2021

01/15/2021

Robert J.

Things went very well. These guys are very professional very nice ,explain things very thoroughly. Will do business with this company again.

Description of Work
My roof was leaking and my gutters needed changing Renaissance came took care of it for me. I'm a costumer for life.

Category contractors, gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 01/11/2021

12/27/2020

Rick B.

Fantastic work!! Great company!! Professional to work with. Evan was super professional.... constantly looking out for the homeowner. Highly recommend!!

Description of Work
Roof put on new shingles

Work Completed On 12/18/2020

12/13/2020

Jonathan G.

I would recommend this company they did an excellent job and were very professional

Description of Work
Replace roof

Work Completed On 12/12/2020

12/02/2020

WILLIAM C.

With a limited budget (as with many fixed-income seniors), Mr. Sterling Hughey, Director, and I worked through many roof job scenarios to select the most practical choice to weather the upcoming winter ... and, within our budget. I felt like I had a knowledgeable and trusted partner who was looking out for OUR vested interests. We finally settled on a phase 1 repair/replace job to expedite. Despite his extremely busy schedule and eminent inclement weather, Mr. Hughey and his crew completed the job. Their job performance went beyond my expectations and relieved the associated stress my wife and I formerly suffered. My worries and wonders about hiring someone reliable and trustworthy were no longer an issue. THANK YOU again Renaissance Contracting! Your knowledgeable, professional, and patient approach to customer satisfaction brought needed relief to my wife and me! We look forward to reuniting toward the completion of our roof work.

Description of Work
Repair/Replace weather and wind damaged shingles on a 2-story home

Work Completed On 11/25/2020

11/16/2020

Michael N.

If you have a custom roofing project, this is the company you need. We have a Better Homes and Gardens designed second story Mansard with a low slope hip top. The 50-year-old Cedar shakes were at the end of life, and the top had many roofs. I spent many months getting estimates from other companies, just to find out they really didn’t want to do the job. However, Renaissance Contracting worked with me to find the best solution for our house. They were the only company that could do any type of roof and provide reference houses for us to look at. We used GAF Grand Sequoia in Autumn Brown on the Mansard, which looks similar to Wood Shakes. GAF has special installation requirements that takes many extra man hours to install. The installation quality was outstanding, the diagonals line up perfectly straight, and the house looks amazing. The corners and gutters all look great and match well. Evan was very helpful during the planning, and the crews were highly skilled and courteous. If I asked something that I thought should be different, they would do everything to accommodate us. The only complaint would be the nails we found and the grass took a beating. We still would highly recommend Renaissance Contracting, because quality of workmanship was more important than the mess.

Description of Work
New Mansard Roof, Hip roof and Gutters.

Work Completed On 11/08/2020

11/07/2020

Lori H.

Awesome. Company inspected for what we were told was a problem. Company found no problem. Will absolutely use this company again. HONESTY!!!

Description of Work
We THOUGHT roof repair

Category home builders

Work Completed On 11/06/2020

10/31/2020

Kevin H.

Great. Sterling inspected my almost new roof for damage that might cause a leak. He found none and was truthful about it, rather than inventing a job to bill me for. We will definitely use them for future contracting jobs.

Description of Work
Roof inspection / repair

Work Completed On 10/29/2020

10/27/2020

Jason T.

Sterling and his crew were great to work with. They did a tear-off of the old roofing material, fixed a couple broken roof boards, installed intake vents (we only had cans before so proper roof ventilation was a problem), installed ridge vent where appropriate, installed ice-shield/felt (not felt these days but synthetic matierial), new architectural shingles and re-flashed the chimney. They also removed and installed new rubberized roofing for the flat portion of our roof.

Description of Work
New Roof and Updated Ventilation

Work Completed On 10/11/2020

10/26/2020

KeJuan B.

Sterling did a great job and very good company. He was a good guy to work with. I will use Renaissance in the future.

Description of Work
Roof repair

Work Completed On 09/16/2020

10/18/2020

Brosis B.

Renaissance Contracting was very professional, responsive, and fast! We contacted them on a Thursday, met for estimate on Saturday morning and roof was started on Monday! Sterling (owner) is very knowledgeable which was very important for us as we had no roofing replacement knowledge and needed someone who is transparent and worked with integrity. I also appreciated the safety measures they took while servicing us during the pandemic. Great job, no service complaints to report!

Description of Work
Complete roof tear out and replacement

Work Completed On 10/18/2020

Review for Renaissance Contracting - 5600 W MAPLE RD, West Bloomfield, MI - 38957640

10/10/2020

EVAN B.

There were a couple of small details I was concerned with, however each one was addressed promptly and professionally. They were not satisfied until I was, and I will certainly hire again.

Description of Work
Replace shingle roof, new epdm on back walkout porch, siding, gutters.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

Work Completed On 09/01/2020

10/10/2020

Thomas M.

They were the most professional and knowledgeable of 4 contractors that provided quotes. They scheduled the work within a week of a signed contract. They also worked efficiently and safely to get the job done. Definitely recommend them for any roof work!

Description of Work
Flat roof repair

Work Completed On 10/09/2020

10/08/2020

Leandro C.

Professional and honesty. Did the job in one day and was on time once we agreed on the service.

Description of Work
complete roof tear off and new shingles

Work Completed On 10/07/2020

09/28/2020

Ken S.

Excellent. Strip and new shingles in a day, gutters in a half day. Very professional crew. Very attentive and able to adjust the job as required.

Description of Work
Shingles & gutters

Work Completed On 09/28/2020

09/27/2020

Jamie M.

I highly recommend Renaissance Contracting. Sterling and his team were very professional, respectful, and honest. He took extra time to walk me through options, pricing, and timing for a new roof, insulation, and gutters (~$11,000). I never felt like I was being offered a sales pitch, and throughout the entire process before, during, and after, I truly felt he had my best interest at the forefront. The job was completed as promised and at a very high level of quality. I will definitely call them for other projects in the future.

Description of Work
New roof, gutters, and insulation

Work Completed On 09/27/2020

09/23/2020

Sherita M.

The contractor was very professional. He walked us by step by step on exactly what needs to be done. He was very thorough and detailed. We were able to make a deposit and schedule our install the same day. They did an amazing job and they are reasonable. We would recommend them to all of our family and friends.

Description of Work
Roof and Gutters

Work Completed On 09/15/2020

09/22/2020

Mike F.

Very professional and reasonable. Work was done on time and looks great. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
New roof and gutters

Work Completed On 09/22/2020

08/05/2020

Jeff B.

Went well. Sterling and team gave a competitive price, worked professionally and long until both jobs were done.

Description of Work
Roof Repair and Rodent Block Off

Category pest control, roofing

Work Completed On 07/08/2020

07/23/2020

John T.

They did all the work in a few hours. Very professional. They installed drip edge to stop the leaking and replaced the shingles 2/3 courses up from the edge of the eave. the gutter guards and the bay window leakage stoppage come with long warranties.

Description of Work
To stop bay window from leaking when raining. Also, installed Ply gen Leaf smart gutter guards around house and garage.

Category