Cortez Flooring Inc

Founded 1998 • With Angi since January 2011

348 N Main St

Watervliet, MI 49098

Family owned and operated since 1998. Installations of carpet, ceramic tile, porcelain, tile & stone, laminate, vinyl, hardwood & rubber flooring, Refinish Hardwood Flooring for residential and commercial. Additional address - PO Box 8, Watervliet, MI 49098....

flooring (22)carpet installation (9)hardwood floors (3)tile installation (1)

08/10/2021

Marianne S.

We could not be happier with our new floors! In spite of the challenges our installation presented, Cortez made our new floors look like they have always been here. The team from Cortez flooring removed our old flooring, installed the new floating floor and shoe molding. We were impressed with the quality of the work and attention to detail. Gabriel fixed a shoe molding mess created by another installer where our new floor meets the older flooring. It was a pleasure having them in our home.

Description of Work
Old flooring removed, new floating floor installed

Category carpet installation, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 06/29/2021

Review for Cortez Flooring Inc - 348 N Main St, Watervliet, MI - 39437656

10/28/2020

Judy W.

Cortez Flooring Inc. did a great job installing my 2X2 foot tile flooring in my bathroom. They are prompt, courteous, and make sure everything is cleaned up before they leave. I would definitely recommend them for your flooring needs. Judy E. Wheeler

Description of Work
Cement board and tile installation

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

Work Completed On 10/27/2020

09/22/2018

Bruno N.

We were very satisfied with the results from start to finish. We would recommend them.

Description of Work
Duplex, kitchen floor replace in both units.

Work Completed On 08/29/2018

05/06/2018

Jessica M.

Our concrete slab house had existing hardwood flooring that was badly damaged by a major water heater leak and we needed to replace the entire 2k sq. ft house of hardwood flooring. It was a huge job that many we brought by/called to quote turned down on the spot. Cortez Flooring, however, not only came by to quote, on time, during a snow storm, but ultimately delivered responsive, prompt, quality work at a very competitive cost. George, his brother, Gabe and their team were a pleasure to work with. They were incredibly responsive - I never had to worry that I would have to wait days to hear back from them like most other people we've hired to do work on our home over the years. George helped recommend the best type of flooring (we ended up going with a wide plank, engineered White Sand Oak from Mohawk) for our installation situation and ordered several samples for us to take home to review. He placed the order of the flooring and glue and delivered it to the house with enough time for the wood to acclimate to the house before the installation. We also wanted flush, wooden vent covers and I don't know how he did it, but, he found a perfect match to the flooring we chose. Between the demo and disposal of the old floor, prep of the concrete and installation of the new floor and trim, they estimated the job would take two weeks. I was skeptical that it would take longer, but, nope, it was completed right on time! The team showed up every day and even worked over the weekend to make sure they finished in time because there was some unexpected, additional floor prep due to some extra concrete leveling needed. In the end, the project was finished on time AND on budget! Cortez Flooring is a one stop shot and they made my monster of a project as painless as possible.

Description of Work
Hardwood floor replacement in entire house

Work Completed On 04/16/2018

Review for Cortez Flooring Inc - 348 N Main St, Watervliet, MI - 37040606

On behalf of the team at Cortez Flooring where our goal is quality and customer satisfaction every time. We would like to thank you for your business , and giving us the opportunity to improve your home, and we look forward to helping you with any future renovations. Thank you once again.

03/07/2018

Matthew M.

The job went well after a flooded basement they restretched and tacked our carpet. They also installed some new tack strip where necessary. They did a great job and were prompt and kind!

Description of Work
Carpet Stretching

Work Completed On 01/24/2018

01/07/2018

Donna D.

The project stayed on schedule, the installers were friendly, professional and did a great job. We would definitely recommend Cortez Flooring and would hire them again.

Description of Work
We had wood flooring installed.

Work Completed On 06/06/2017

Review for Cortez Flooring Inc - 348 N Main St, Watervliet, MI - 36732878

10/22/2017

Colleen B.

great, looks great very happy with the job

Description of Work
hardwood floor install foyer, dining and living room

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 10/12/2017

10/22/2017

Colleen B.

Great, they did a great job

Description of Work
hardwood floor installed

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 10/22/2017

04/16/2017

Jason W.

Very high quality work and professionalism. Would recommend to anyone needing hardwood flooring and installation.

Description of Work
Installed hardwood on main level of home. Removal of existing flooring.

Work Completed On 04/14/2017

03/03/2017

Beth S.

George and Ivan were awesome - super nice sales people. Communication was great, price quote was fair. Installers were punctual, professional, kind, hard-working. They did a great job.

Description of Work
Kitchen floor - sheet vinyl

Work Completed On 02/20/2017

02/09/2017

Robert K.

Very happy with the results. The 3 man crew was very professional and did a fantastic job. We are planning on putting more linoleum planks in and plan on hiring them again.

Description of Work
We bought linoleum plank flooring through Menards and needed an installation contractor. I read reviews of Cortez Flooring on Angie's List and contacted them for a quote and subsequently hired them.

Work Completed On 01/30/2017

01/24/2017

Ann S.

It took several weeks to schedule them - pretty typical of any good contractor. They did call several days in advance to reschedule the initial installation. Showed up when they said, worked quickly and professionally. Floor and base board look great. Very nice people to work with.

Description of Work
We thought we needed a bubble removed from linoleum in a commercial basement bathroom. Turns out there was a leaky seal on the toilet and flooring needed to be replaced.

Work Completed On 12/29/2016

Thank you very much for your preference [Member Name Removed], we like to always be in communication with our customers, And as you said: sometimes we don't know what is under your floor but we always end up finding out.

11/30/2016

ARACELI B.

Cortez Flooring in one-day installed Resilient Vinyl Valore Planks for my 1,101 sqft basement! I was a bit concerned on what type of floor to put down in my basement & how much it would cost. I needed a high-quality floor for an area of 1,101 sqft. I remembered how great a job Cortez Flooring did in the past, so I contacted them for professional advice. First, they listened to my concerns and what style floor I imagined in my space then explained and recommended floors.' The process was very easy and transparent from beginning to end. I was very impressed again with their work, they cleaned out the old carpet and scraped out the old sticky padding from the concrete. They focused on the installation, no smoking breaks or messy floors to clean up; they cleaned up after the installation. My kids immediately enjoyed the new floor. I highly recommend Cortez Flooring because they are professional and all around respectful making the service price absolutely worth it!

Description of Work
Installed Resilient Vinyl Valore Planks for my 1,101 sqft basement

Work Completed On 11/19/2016

That was a really big and nice basement [Member Name Removed]. As a company that take care of each costumer with full attention we like to provide the best quality on our installations, that way you can have incredible and fun times with your family in your recreational areas. Thank you very much and enjoy it!

11/08/2016

sue B.

I would recommend this business to anyone who is looking for carpet, hardwood, or laminate. Excellent work ethic.

Description of Work
Mr Cortez installed new hardwood floors in my home. He worked with not even stopping for lunch. Excellent workmanship. Very professional.

Work Completed On 11/08/2016

Thank you [Member Name Removed], and yes we do carpet, hardwood, laminate and also linoleum, vinyl planks and sometimes ceramic! We hope to see you soon.

11/02/2016

Tammy F.

The Cortez Flooring crew was a very important part of my office remodels this summer. They were prompt and always willing to work with me. They did want they promised to do, and I can't thank them enough. I would recommend Cortez Flooring to anyone, and have already done so! Thank You!

Description of Work
Cortez Flooring was willing to provide installation of carpet in our offices this summer. I say "willing" because it is to difficult to find reliable installation from a business that is willing to install carpet that was purchased elsewhere. I would have purchased the carpet at Cortez Flooring also, had that been an option for me.

Work Completed On 08/01/2016

[Member Name Removed], thanks for choosing us! We are glad that you liked our work and you were always so nice with our installers. We appreciate your preference, thank you.

10/31/2016

Melissa L.

I am very pleased with the job that was done in my home.

Description of Work
I had carpeting and padding installed.

Work Completed On 10/25/2016

Thank you [Member Name Removed], you are always so nice with us, it was a pleasure to work for you.

10/24/2016

CHRISTOPHER S.

The guys showed up in the morning as scheduled and worked diligently to finish by mid afternoon. The quality of the work is great and they cleaned up well before they left.

Description of Work
They guys at Cortez flooring installed several rooms of carpet, linoleum and wood. The quality of the work is great and they guys were prompt.

Work Completed On 10/19/2016

[Member Name Removed], thank you for being a nice costumer and also a good friend. We hope to see you again soon!

10/07/2016

WILLIAM R.

WAS VERY PLEASED THEY WERE AS ALWAYS RIGHT ON TIME AND WERE VERY FRIENDLY. THEY REMOVED OLD CARPETING AND PAD AND INSTALLED NEW AND DISCARDED THE OLD WAS VERY WELL INSTALLED AND ALL MESSES WERE CLEANED UP AND CARPET WAS WELL VACUUMED. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY AND WILL CONTINUE TO USE THEM IN ALL OTHER APARTMENTS.

Description of Work
PROVIDED A VERY GOOD QUALITY CARPET AND PADDING AND REMOVED OLD CARPETING AND DID AN EXCELLENT JOB INSTALLING NEW AND CLEANED UP ALL LEFT OVER.

Work Completed On 09/30/2016

[Member Name Removed] thank you for always keep us in mind, we are always happy to work with you. Thank you very much!

09/30/2016

Marc D.

Amazing, professional installation. From our initial meeting in store with their associates to their installation team, the entire staff was thorough, knowledgable, and ensured delivery and expert installation. The stair installation is pure magic.

Description of Work
Carpet installation in three-season porch and one set of stairs

Work Completed On 08/15/2016

Thank you [Member Name Removed], as a family owned business we like to work as a team and provide the best service from the beginning to the end, nice to meeting you.

09/28/2016

Darlene H.

They were on time. Did the repairs to the floor, laid carpet in the bedrooms and living area and then finished with the vinyl in the kitchen and bath area.

Description of Work
New carpet and new vinyl

Work Completed On 05/01/2016

It's a pleasure to work for you! Thank you for your business.

11/10/2015

Katherine F.

Description of Work
THEY DIDN'T BRING ENOUGH CARPET ON THE FIRST VISIT, BUT MADE UP FOR IT A WEEK LATER. NICE GUYS, BUT SMALL OPERATION, SO LONG WAIT TIME FOR SERVICE.

Work Completed On 10/09/2015

12/04/2014

susan G.

They were very prompt, cleaned up after themselves, and made suggestions on the best ways to have it done. They came out two different times and it took them around three hours each time. The floors look great.

Description of Work
They installed carpeting and vinyl flooring in two other rooms.

Work Completed On 09/16/2013

01/10/2011

Denise L.

There is a problem with where they are located because it is too hard to get samples. They worked with me and I got carpet samples from everybody else. There is a lot of stuff that is the same but it has different names based on where it is sold. They were able to find what I needed. They gave me great estimates and they were fast. I got a lot of quotes and their price was good in comparison to the others.

Description of Work
I used Cortez Flooring to do all my floors.