R and D Drywall and Painting

Founded 1987 • With Angi since May 2010

R and D offers an array of services to accommodate any need, ranging from drywall/plaster repairs, painting, carpentry, and drywall/plaster/carpentry customizations. Remodeling services are available for your kitchens, bathrooms, or basements to fit your needs and desires. To complete your vision

2022 Super Service Award

24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered

drywall (61)interior painting (29)woodworking (17)plastering (9)door installation (1)wallpaper removal (1)

11/18/2022

Jeffrey S.

Terrence (drywall repair) and Ricardo (painter) did a fantastic job over four days. Five stars for them. Trevor and Will (prep team) made sure everything was protected. Very happy with the final result. One star off the total job (and the punctuality rating) only because the original prep/drywall workman was a no show the first day for unknown reasons and he didn't bother calling the main office. They only learned about it from me when I called at noon to get an ETA. The job got pushed back a day as a result.

Description of Work
Needed to repair some drywall and have it repainted. Some nail pops and cracks due to a roofing job, some cracks due to foundation shifting, and some water damage due to a roof leak. Four large rooms and one small room.

09/30/2022

Kipp B.

R and D Drywall was fantastic. They were quick and responsive. Our technician, Fred, was very friendly, knowledgeable, and detailed. I would recommend R and D Drywall, and specifically Fred, to anyone needing drywall and painting services.

Description of Work
Drywall repair and paint

Work Completed On 09/30/2022

05/11/2022

John S.

The entire process went perfectly. These people know what they are doing. Chuck is a true craftsman. I would work with them again and refer them in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Repair 100 year-old plaster ceiling and install, finish and prime new drywall in garage.

Category drywall, plastering

Work Completed On 05/11/2022

04/26/2022

Cynthia B.

Jeremy was the person who came to paint 2 bathroom ceilings. He was very professional and did a great job!

Description of Work
Ceilings painted

Work Completed On 04/26/2022

03/28/2022

Fiona S.

R & D is fantastic. From the initial quote and consultation to the final product, I would highly recommend them. Everyone was professional and great to work with. I would especially recommend Fred for drywalling.

Description of Work
Drywall and prime basement ceiling

Category drywall, plastering

Work Completed On 03/28/2022

03/19/2022

Ashley D.

DO NOT USE! R and D’s website states “we treat your home as if it were our own”. I guess they enjoy their light switches, outlets, and toilet seats covered in mud/plaster. It has taken me months to get over the trauma this company caused. I have never dealt with a supervisor as unprofessional, disrespectful, chauvinistic, and even misogynistic as SHAWN. We hired R &D to do a complete drywall project of 2 rooms and some patches to a half path and a bedroom closet to the home we are fixing for us to live in. Prior to them coming out we required several other patches after our electricians moved some lighting for us as well as had a mishap of the hall ceiling. We communicated the update and were told it would be easily added on the first day. We were not living at the home. On day 1 We were given a time window of their arrival. It was raining and they still had not shown up at the end of their large gap. I called since I had to leave for work. Shawn defended his company through blaming the rain and assured me he would communicate everything needed to his team as well as let us know the added cost of the extra items we needed completed. This was NOT done. I had to ask repeatedly and communicate myself to this "train" of workers who had no clue when each set of people were doing what part or what was happening as they said they were getting calls of things changing regularly. We asked the company to make sure the door was locked when the last people were done for the day. THIS DID NOT HAPPEN. We drove everyday to make sure the door was unlocked for them and relocked at the end of day. 2 days the door did not get locked and then there was a day we got a call in the middle of the day requesting us to come unlock the door because they locked themselves out. Stuff happens I get it. There were so many “little” OOPS's though it was getting out of hand. On the day before someone was to pick up our final check I called to make sure someone was coming out to check the project as I saw MANY imperfections, gashes, and messiness with the project. When I went by that evening the door was unlocked AGAIN and it did not look like anyone had come to the house. The day payment was to be picked up I called stating my disappointment in the project. Shawn AGAIN defended his company instead of acknowledging his customer. He went on to state that someone DID come out and saw nothing wrong and that they left the door unlocked because it was requested after the workers had locked themselves out before. THIS WAS NOT REQUESTED. He also stated that small mishaps were common. He was basically telling me that my concerns were irrelevant and unreasonable. During this phone call I was constantly cut off and had it demanded that he was going to come look. At this point, I felt very threatened & angry as this was taking up a LOT of my time. I thought a company was supposed to complete projects, not fight with you about them. I told him that I needed a few minutes to calm down and that I WOULD CALL BACK to schedule a time for him to come out. He continued to cut me off and disregard anything I was trying to say. I finally just hung up and he then immediately called my fiancé instead of letting me call back like I said I would. After I had calmed down enough to find a time that both me and my fiancé could be present for Shawn was “unavailable”. We were scheduled with a time the following day that Shawn was to be present and the three of us would go over the project. On that day, SHAWN DID NOT SHOW. Instead it was the project lead, Mitch, who was unable to say why Shawn wasn’t going to come. Mitch did, however, acknowledge that this project was NOT finished and there were a LOT of areas that needed fixing. Those areas got fixed in a timely manner and he also came out promptly several weeks later when we found out that one of our outlets got covered up. Pictures of what Shawn supported to be a “finished project”. Last 2 are a glimpse of the needing/being fixed. The people that installed our cabinets also stated and showed us how the drywall was not hung straight. Do NOT Use!

Description of Work
Drywall. Installation and repair

Work Completed On 09/01/2021

Review for R and D Drywall and Painting - 5460 Highland Rd, Waterford, MI - 39667570

03/04/2022

Ronald C.

Jeremy and, Evan, Ricardo were wonderful, professional, respectful

Description of Work
Drywall kitchen ceiling, painting

Category plastering, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/04/2022

12/18/2021

Ken C.

Ricardo and Andrew from R and D Drywall did an excellent job repairing ceiling damage from the shower and a roof leak. Once the repairs were completed, they painted both ceilings. They completed the work in a professional manner and thoroughly cleaned up upon completion.

Description of Work
Ceiling repairs in bathroom and living room

Work Completed On 12/18/2021

12/09/2021

Philip W.

It went well. Showed up on the date as scheduled unlike other contractors. Ricardo was professional and the work was done well!

Description of Work
Drywall Repair and Ceiling Painting

Work Completed On 12/09/2021

09/19/2021

Diana N.

Can't find wrong thing to say about R & D. Everyone I had contact with was professional, courteous, and helpful. There was a couple hiccups in doing the job but had nothing to do with R & D they worked around it, very accommodating Kalvan was great, highly recommend him. Definitely would recommend R & D and hope I don't have to (sure you understand) but would hire them again. GREAT JOB ALL AROUND.

Description of Work
Repair plaster master bathroom ceiling

Category plastering

Work Completed On 09/19/2021

04/24/2021

Mari H.

Larry did an excellent job. Very professional & detailed oriented.

Description of Work
Dry wall repair

Work Completed On 04/23/2021

04/05/2021

Matthew M.

Larry did some great drywall work today at our house. I was very pleased with the quality of his work and his professionalism.

Description of Work
Drywall Repair

Work Completed On 04/05/2021

03/03/2021

Gary P.

Was never contactednor quoted by contractor.

Description of Work
Plaster and paint in 3 rooms and 2 hallways.

Work Completed On 03/03/2021

We are unsure as to whom you are as we do not have any record of your name or address in our system. We are saddened to hear you received such poor customer support but we are under the impression that you have the wrong company. Please contact our office at 248-673-7665 and we can help you with you project and get it moving once again.

01/28/2021

Brian W.

Moved into my newly renovated house in Birmingham and had 2 out of the 4 waste stacks leaking. Had to Tear open walls to fix the repair.Called 3 drywall contractors and D&R was the most responsive and the quickest to get here. They sent Terrance to repair it and he did a great job. Going to use them moving forward all the time.

Description of Work
3 drywall repairs

Work Completed On 01/27/2021

12/21/2020

Daniel W.

Great. Terrance did a great job very professional. Clean up after the job was finished and all I had to do was paint. Definitely would hire this company again.

Description of Work
Drywall Repair

Work Completed On 12/20/2020

11/09/2020

Ryan R.

R&D did a great job installing drywall recently for a kitchen reno. I was impressed at how well they were able to blend new drywall with old. Lauren was always helpful in working with schedule changes. Mitch was good at coming in and communicating the project process. Adrianne did a fantastic job as the finish installer. All three were very respectful, professional, and made the experience great. When a company does what they say they will do, integrity to their word is invaluable. It was because of that integrity, I am reaching out to them for additional finish carpentry work. Great job to everyone.

Description of Work
Drywall installation for a kitchen renovation. They had to blend new drywall to old as well, including patch work.

Work Completed On 10/26/2020

11/04/2020

Matthew M.

DJ and Justin did a great job with a large, detailed painting project in our home. They were professional the entire time and did great work. We were very pleased with this company overall and would recommend R&D to anyone looking for a professional paint job. Great value for the quality of work!

Description of Work
Indoor Painting

Category woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/04/2020

10/22/2020

Sandy A.

Larry arrived on time. Took time to prep the area with floor covering and plastic sheeting. His work was timely and showed that he is very excellent at his craft. End result was excellent. Larry is very personable and professional. He represent his company very well. We would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
drywall ceiling repair

Category drywall, woodworking

Work Completed On 10/22/2020

10/13/2020

Richard S.

This was the second time I have hired R and D Drywall. Shawn arrived on time for the estimate. He also was able to give us valuable information on how they would make repairs for us. On the day of the repairs Terrance was on time. He made sure all the work agreed to was completed in a timely fashion. Completely satisfied with the work he did. I highly recommend this company for the quality of the work and the clean up at completion of the job.

Description of Work
Repairs to drywall and painting.

Category drywall, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/12/2020

10/10/2020

Beverly L.

They did a beautiful job, our walls look brand new. You would never guess they were full of holes or that one wall was gone. Evan was a wonderful worker. He prepared the plaster, he made sure to cover everything before any work was started, cleaned up as they worked, and when everything was completed made sure everything was put back and cleaned up. They were very professional, kind, and the best!

Description of Work
We removed ceramic tile and our walls were a mess. We had holes in the wall and one wall had to be completely replaced.

Category plastering, woodworking

Work Completed On 10/08/2020

10/09/2020

April K.

Ron was very professional and on time for appointment to come look at the repair. His office staff was quick to send the quote for repairs the same day! I very pleased with the fair price and even happier with the ability to come within a week to perform the job. Ron and his apprentice Evan arrived early on the job. Were thoughtful in providing drop cloths and taping off door ways to contain repair dust and debris. They were able to bring the coved ceiling back to its original beauty all in one day! I would highly recommend Ron and Evan for any plaster repairs! Thank you again for your professionalism, expertise in plaster repairs and extremely fair pricing!

Description of Work
Ceiling plaster repair

Category plastering, woodworking

Work Completed On 10/09/2020

10/01/2020

Cecilia L.

In March 2020 we hired R & D to replace a defective drywall ceiling for $8500. Custom oak cove molding trim attached between the wall had to be removed and was improperly reattached by R&D's carpenter. R & D's painter (the owner's brother, who said he didn't want to be a painter) prepared the new ceiling for finished painting, but he improperly patched the seams of the new ceiling and did an uneven and unprofessional application of the prime coat. In addition, R & D workmen who placed visqueen sheeting around the doorway taped it to designer wallpaper with improper adhesives, which damaged the wallpaper when the sheeting was removed. I pointed out the damage, especially the wallpaper damage, to Mr. Larkins, who agreed it was the fault of the company. Our own long-time painting/wallpaper service had to come in to properly prime and paint the ceiling, repair the cove molding, and replace the damaged panels of wallpaper, all of which cost $600, which we paid. We gave the bill to Mr. Larkins to reimburse us in March 2020, and have spoken with him many times, as recently as today before posting this review, October 1, 2020. He refuses to reimburse us. The ceiling itself is OK, but the company did not deliver on its promises and included services, and the hassle is unprofessional. NOTE: the company may have a new address: 5460 Highland Rd, Waterford MI 48227

Description of Work
Ceiling replacement

Category drywall, woodworking