Blue Line Remodeling & Construction, LLC

Founded 2006 • With Angi since May 2011

Blue Line Remodeling, LLC is a small, Portage based company, that values our customers. Blue Line Remodeling, LLC is licensed and insured. We are a GAF Master Elite certified roofing company, also Certainteed Shingle Master and Shingle Specialist certified through Certainteed. Subcontracting Available. Military and Police/ Fire discounts Available. Call today for your Free Estimate...

Van Tuinen Painting

For over 40 years, Van Tuinen Painting has earned a reputation as one of Southwest Michigan's leading residential painting contractors. Our painters understand that they are guests at your home. They treat your property with respect. The Van Tuinen Painting Advantage means: Thorough surface preparation — the key to a superior job. Top-quality Benjamin Moore, Pratt & Lambert paints — nothing but the best for your home. Recent and long-term references since 1974 speak to our track record. We will not request a deposit. We request payment only when the job is complete and you're 100% satisfied. On time, communicating with you daily — our painters will make your house shine again. We guarantee you will love our work. We subscribe to the highest standards of performance in our profession.

Creekview Wood Floors

Creekview Wood Floors is a family owned business with over 20 years of experience. We are building and growing our company based on integrity. It is our goal to satisfy each and every customer. We gain nothing if you are not happy with your experience at Creekview Wood Floors. We install natural, prefinished, and laminate flooring. We provide a variety of flooring as well as borders and inlays. We also sand and refinish new and existing wood floors with the use of our professional dust control system for a dust free environment.

Offers by Creekview Wood Floors on Angi
Law's Lawn Care & Property Maintenance

Any season, any property; Law's Lawn Care & Property Maintenance LLC gladly provides the following for both residential and commercial businesses; mowing/weed eating, landscaping, snow removal, roofing, dock/deck building, leaf removal, gutter cleaning, power washing, and small outdoor projects. We are a local, family owned business with a strong landscaping background. We are dedicated to making all our clients happy and to met any and all of their expectations!

Offers by Law's Lawn Care & Property Maintenance on Angi

04/06/2017

Excellent! Prompt service on all jobs. Considerate to family and pets. Beautiful work!

Description of Work
Windows, bathroom tear out and tiled, roofing.

Category ceramic tile,handyman service,plumbing,remodeling,roofing,replacement windows,home remodeling

04/25/2016

The good news: the price was right and the job was well done. They cleaned up everyday before they left and once they started, the work they did was done quickly. The bad news: we were promised that the job would be done in Fall 2015 and we had to push hard, REALLY HARD to get it done in April 2016. If they had been honest with us and told us they were overbooked, I would have felt better about th...

Description of Work
New roof installed.

[Member Name Removed], I am so sorry for the issues you had. We did make some personnel changes near the end of 2016 and things have changed drastically for us. I wish we had done it sooner as I know the toll in took on some of our customers. Again we do apologize and appreciate the feedback. Thank you! Jen

01/15/2016

It didn't go as I never received a quote.

Description of Work
Not sure about the exact date. Requested a quote for siding. Their response was fast and I supplied the information they asked for so they could schedule a time to look at the job but after that I never heard back from them.

Category remodeling

09/02/2015

Blue Line is professional, with good service. Their prices are fair and the quality was very good. We are very happy with the work they did and hope to use them again when it is time to install new windows.

Description of Work
We had two windows replaced in our garage, along with insulation blown into our attic and new baffles installed. Then, we had a new roof and gutters put on our home.

Category remodeling

08/17/2015

Emil came out to evaluate what needed to be done. He was timely ( actually early) for the appt. which was refreshing. He worked up and estimate and notified us of the estimate. The work was completed as quoted. We were out of town at the time. There was some trash left in yard and some dirt was moved away from the wall area and not replaced, leaving catch basin for rain to reach the interior wall ...

Description of Work
flat roof work

Category remodeling,roofing

07/12/2015

The provider worked closely with me and even created a couple different quotes per my request. The seem to be a very friendly outfit and I hope to work with them in the very near future.

Description of Work
This was a quote for removing my skylights and roof; along with installing new roof and adding siding, fascia, soffit, and more. At this point I have not asked the provider to start work.

Category gutter repair contractor","room remodeling","roofer","siding contractor

04/29/2015

They were reasonable compared to the other folks in the area. They were responsible and responsive.

Description of Work
I used Blue Line Remodeling & Construction. It was for the basement.

Category basement contractor

04/02/2015

Blue Line started replacing windows and installing vinyl siding August 23 of 2011 and didn?t finish until June 4th of 2012. I'm writing this now because this is the first winter I've stayed in my house since the new windows and siding were installed. Amil guaranteed me that I would never have to put plastic on my windows again. You guessed it. After spending all that money, enduring the hassles and poor attitude I still have to put up plastic on the windows and it still doesn?t hold the heat as well as it did before he installed the new windows and siding. I even put another 9 inches of fiberglass insulation in my attic. In Nov. 2011 When it wasn?t even that cold before I left I told Amil It seemed that my house was not holding the heat like it use to but then not all the windows were replaced at that time. I also told him after he finished writing him some theories as to why. This winter after putting up plastic on the windows I found that they billowed out just as much when I only had the single glaze windows with aluminum storm windows. When the wind is blowing I can light a lighter towards the top of my main entry door and it blows the lighter out. First he ordered the windows wrong three times. The last time he tried blaming me saying he thought I wanted to make a wood chute coming in my basement bedroom window instead of a window. I had joked with one of his previous workers, while laughing that maybe I should put a wood chute there because I had broken out that window twice from wood shooting off my wood splitter. I guess when he relayed it to Amil he took it seriously, Really! I don't even split wood there anymore. Besides, that was the second time he ordered that particular window incorrectly. My Dad was diagnosed with ALS in Oct., 2011 so I went to Florida to take care of him on Dec, 15, 2011. They still hadn?t finished the house so I had to leave my keys with Amil. My Dad died in March, 2012 and I returned to Michigan with my Mom in May and also looking after her the following two winters. Amil told me that they were finished and that he and Tim had walked through the house and everything looked great. I didn?t know Tim since he was a new hire. When I met him he told me he was the interior supervisor. I asked if he was a licensed Carpenter, Home builder or what to be a supervisor. He asked what do you mean. I asked if he was licensed which usually involves taking courses and a documented apprenticeship with a licensed Carpenter to qualify for a license. Tim asked, "Do they even do that anymore?" which basically told me that no he wasn?t licensed. He should be if he was supervising unlicensed workers. Amil has a contractors license and his workers all work under that umbrella. So, technically, that?s how they got around it and his workers were considered subcontractors. I never knew who I would get from day to day. Some of his workers were very professional and some weren?t. For example; One day two workers took the runners (tops) off my outdoor steps and forgot to replace them before they left. After dark I went out to my pole barn only to fall in my steps stepping on a rusty nail and skinning my shins in the process. I had to go to the doctor?s office for a Tetanus shot. I asked why the main entrance doors weren?t installed as I specified. Tim told me that the hardware I provided (lever handles) hit each other so they returned the outer glass door and exchanged it for a left handed door opening out. So, now I have the main door handle on left opening inward and outer door handle on the right opening out. It makes it very difficult to use those doors. They had my parents number in Florida. They could have called rather than just installing it the way they wanted to. I would have suggested trying knobs before returning the door but by this time Amil was losing money on the job and was just having workers come over when they could between other jobs to finish my house as fast as they could and get out. It was very apparent that Amil?s sentiment about the job had trickled down to his workers The whole time my supplies were out on the back patio getting wet, frozen, scratched and dented. They installed it anyway. When I pointed it out to Amil he said, We?ll fix that. They never did. When they started the job they removed my new aluminum down spouts and run outs and laid them next to a tree for eleven months. Other workers started a trash pile on top of them. They dented the heck out of them and when it came to putting them back up they had lost all the original screws so they just used what they had which were an inch and a quarter screws. I couldn?t figure out why every time it rained my eaves troughs would overflow. Even after I cleaned everything out with a power washer. Those long screws would catch everything and plug up the down spouts every time. I finally had to take them all down and couldn?t believe what I found. I had to go to the hardware store and paint and replace the screws with quarter inch screws like they were made for. When using a sawsall to cut the holes for the windows they didn?t cover anything. In the living room, my ceiling fan was on and the drywall dust was so thick the fan started making a grinding sound and now will only spin at half the speed. I Informed Amil he said, "we?ll fix that." Never did. When cutting the holes for the windows in my office they didn?t bother covering any of my office equipment including a $2000 computer which basically got covered with splinters, dirt and sawdust. Even though they had a canvas tarp that would have covered my entire office laying against the wall below one window. I pointed out that most of the indoor window heads, jambs and sills weren?t flush with the wall, the corners didn?t match up (some boards were short so they created square holes in the corners) and some weren?t even square. I could go on and on about their unprofessional techniques and manners but needless to say I wouldn?t hire them. In fact at one time Amil called me persnickety. I told him I considered myself meticulous. He just laughed. I figured it was my house and my money I should decide what?s important. One day Tim actually yelled at me, "Are you trying to tell me how to do my job?" while standing in my living room. I almost kicked him out right there. Since, I?m still trying to repair and complete the job, I wish I would have.

Description of Work
installed vinyl siding and replacement windows and main entry door

03/31/2015

I got a few quotes from local contractors but Blue Line's quotes was a higher than the person we selected. We will definitely call Blue Line for anything we do in the future.

Description of Work
Very quick to return call and scheduled appoint in a very timely manner. Showed up when expected and was very professional.

03/27/2015

Very professional and timely. I would have used them if it was not for the high quote compared to other bidders. They were approximately 40% higher.

Description of Work
Provided me with a quote to have dumpster pads installed.

Category room remodeling

Roofing, Siding, Windows, Exterior Doors and Exterior shell (Framing, Concrete, Roofing, Siding) for Additions, Garages and pole buildings.

Fencing, concrete, and masonary.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, PayPal