Animal Advocates Veterinary Hospital

Founded 2009 • With Angi since July 2011

1047 E Long Lake Rd

Troy, MI 48085

At AAVH, our primary goal is to be the advocate for your companion animal. We are committed to providing high quality, personalized and compassionate veterinary care. AAVH was formed out of our shared philosophy that we as working mothers can balance family life while providing our clients and patients with exceptional care. Our commitment extends to seeking outstanding team members that share our professional ideals. This combination of caregivers ensures that choosing AAVH will be life-long relationship....

01/29/2016

Susan B.

Description of Work
Trimmed my cat's nails

10/15/2015

Scott T.

Description of Work
They provided routine shots and a check up.

09/29/2015

Heikas M.

Description of Work
Spayed my dog. It went well!!

08/18/2015

Rebecca S.

Description of Work
Everyone here is great! They take excellent care of your pets, answer your questions, and take as much time as you need to get everything taken care of. The price is maybe a little high...a spay, front declaw, and microchip cost about $450. But when it comes to my pets I'm more than willing to pay the extra $50 or so for the kind of excellent service and genuine caring that those at this location have.

02/18/2015

Mark O.

Always a positive experience!

Description of Work
Since Dr's Birley, Overla' and Bellisario have opened their offices in Troy, they have been my veterinarians of choice!! All 3 Vets are great! Appointments are usually available on same day or next, they are highly accommodating. We began using Animal Advocates exclusively about 4 or 5 years ago when one of our dogs began having serious health issues; Dr Birley was caring, understanding, and did not force is to do treatments we did not wish to pursue. When Charlie's time came, Dr Birely was extremely comforting, patient, & made the experience one our family treasured. Today, Animal Advocates continues to care for our 2 dogs.

09/04/2014

Mark R.

Description of Work
My breed of Dog is known for Low Thyroid. They told me it was normal. I know it's not. I wanted more extensive blood work done and wanted it sent to a world renown Doctor for Thyroid problems. They never sent a reply. For your average problems I'm sure they're good. But when it comes to harder problems apparently they don't want to do the research. Government guidelines are just that. I had to find an out of the box thinking Vet. They were not.

08/12/2014

Doris V.

Excellent and prompt service. All employees provide care and attention as appropriate.

Description of Work
Veterinarian

05/05/2014

Pamela H.

I liked the doctor and the staff and am going to make them my (cats') vet. We have just gotten another older kitten and the two kittens are getting along famously.

Description of Work
I had a kitten front declawed. This was my first experience at this. I have had several cats and none of them was declawed. I thought it was cruel. They did a great job and informed me well on how to care for her post surgery. To my surprise the kitten acted as if nothing had happened! I then had my 15 year old cat (the love of my life and my husband's little girl) euthanized. They were compassionate and gentle.

04/17/2014

diane W.

We followed this vet from another veterinarian clinic, because we like her so much. There are no problems with the quality of service. They responded really quickly. My daughter just had her dog spayed there. You don't have to wait very long to get in.

Description of Work
I have used Animal Advocates Veterinary Hospital. My pet needed her shots. It was quite a few shots to be done, like rabies and all the other ones.

04/15/2014

Jeanne B.

They are really great. The vets are all very animal focused, very compassionate, and I never have to wait there long. The whole place is spotless; I would not even know that animals are in there. The whole staff is very professional and helpful; they just have a pretty good attitude. Their price is extremely fair too.

Description of Work
I use Animal Advocates Veterinary Hospital.

11/13/2013

Pamela S.

This practice is a gem, the vets are compassionate and family-centered. Never have I ever felt pressured to engage in unnecessary procedures, they openly discuss options and objectively present the benefits and risks associated with each. No matter your decision, they remain supportive - acknowledging their role as your pet's primary care doctor. Having such a partner in your pet's care is invaluable as you wrestle with an abundance of emotions when trying to decide the best care for the four-legged members of your family. When it was time to make difficult decisions, Dr. Overla was there initiating a call when she received a report from the specialist animal hospital. The office staff is friendly and helpful, and always engage my two little girls who have decided that they want to take care of sick animals too when they grow up. Thank you Animal Advocates! I recommend you to any friends who are looking for an extraordinary vet practice.

Description of Work
Provided care for our older dog.

07/02/2013

Nancy N.

We are still having our dogs puppy shots so we went in June to get those done. Animal Advocates Veterinary Hospital is extremely helpful, responsive, available and informative. They treat my dog as if it were their own.

Description of Work
I have a 1.5 year old west highland terrier.

05/16/2013

Daniel B.

I contacted them looking for a veterinarian for our new dog. We have had several visits there and continue to schedule followup appointments being that we are more than satisfied with their care and attentiveness. The veterinarians there take the time to make sure you, the owner, is comfortable, but obviously their overall concern is great care for any animal brought in. The staff are very courteous over the phone and in person, they explain everything in detail and offer information without having to be asked the direct questions, which is very important.

Description of Work
Continuing care for our dog, Hiro, which includes regular check-ups, vaccinations, questions answered over the phone, etc.

02/20/2013

Doug K.

Great experience, everyone there clearly loves dogs. The vet took some time to let the dog get used to her before just diving in to the examination.

Description of Work
New dog checkup, also bought 1 year heartworm, flea and tick medications

02/16/2012

Mary B.

Have used this veterinary hospital since they opened. I followed Dr Birley when she left the Troy Veterinary Clinic, as I was very impressed by her compassion and professionalism. She was able to diagnose and treat my lab's skin condition after two other vets could not. They are willing to come to your home when the time comes to euthanize your pet. All the vets are wonderful. Not only with health concerns but will advise with training problems. Clean offices and friendly, helpful staff. Would not consider going elsewhere.

Description of Work
Recently adopted a very old, sick dog that desperately needed a home. Took her in for physical and was given script for medication for her arthritis. (cost was $4.00 for 1 month supply) Helped her immediately, she can now walk without her previous pain.

06/27/2011

Kathleen F.

When we adopted our dog in 2008, we took her to the vet we used for our previous dog. Eventually, we sought out a new vet because it was getting increasingly difficult to get an appointment, and the vet had a small, and very cramped clinic. Animal Advocates is a newer clinic with three vets and some evening hours, which makes it more convenient for us. It is true that their prices are slightly higher, but we have been satisfied with the quality of the staff and facilities.

Description of Work
Took our dog for annual tests: Lepto, bordetella, fecal parasite, and heartworm antigen. Along with office call, total came to $111.00. While we have been to less expensive vets, we are happy with the ease of getting an appointment, the quality of the facilities, and the quality of the vets.

Veterinarians
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Comprehensive and Wellness Exams, Client Education, Ultrasonography, Digital X-ray, On-site Laboratory Services, Surgery, Dentistry, Hospitalization, Behavior Counseling, Educational Tours, Medical Grooming, Pain Management.