American Accents

Founded 2010 • With Angi since July 2012

American Accents is an exterior home improvement company that specializes in Windows, Doors, Siding, Trim and Gutters....

Before

+19 more images

4.3

4.3

siding companies (15)window replacement (10)door installation (8)gutter repair (3)

04/27/2022

Sheri Cohen P.

Amazing Job . And I'm so Glad to hire American accents to do my siding. They were professional quick and they use great attention to details I could not be happier. I'm more than happy to provide future reviews if they like. Mike Davey was with us from start to finish. And once again they did an amazing job.

Description of Work
They did complete home siding and gutters

Work Completed On 04/11/2022

Thank you thank you. This was a fun job because the "English Wedgewood" blue completely transformed the look of the house.

02/17/2022

Adam B.

Mike made the process very easy, the team was very professional and worked quickly. We are extremely happy with the outcome and our house looks great!

Description of Work
Siding, Windows, and Doors

Category siding, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 01/03/2022

07/20/2021

Elisa Q.

Very good and professional

Description of Work
windows

Work Completed On 07/20/2021

Thank you for trusting me with your home. I still enjoy the transformation of the looks of the house even though I've been doing this since 1996, especially when you get windows, doors and siding. Thanx also for being easy to work with. Mike

07/13/2021

Jessica F.

The windows look great! American Accents provided very professional service. They removed old windows and installed and wrapped the new ones in one day! Done before 3:00 p.m. It's so nice to have windows that now open easily. They were much lower than the competition and got the job done faster!

Description of Work
New Windows

Work Completed On 07/14/2021

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for trusting me on your window project. Mike

12/15/2020

Rick P.

Very happy with door installation. Installers were on time, very professional and workmanship was superb

Description of Work
Doors

Work Completed On 12/17/2020

12/15/2020

Mary T.

Quality windows with lifetime guaranty. Very efficient AAA tradesmen. Exceptional cleanUp crew. Thank you, American Accents for a good job done!

Description of Work
windows

Work Completed On 12/15/2020

Bill S.

Job well done....Price was terrific...Would highly consider for future work......

Description of Work
Siding & windows

Work Completed On 12/15/2020

Peter & Nancy M.

Excellent, the installers were very professional and neat. They did an excellent job. I would highly recommend Mike at American Accents if anyone needs trim and gutters installed or replaced. Great work at a fair price.

Description of Work
trim & gutters

Work Completed On 12/02/2020

Thank you guys for trusting me with you project. I know you had a bad experience with a concrete contractor.

Ryan V.

Mike and his crew did an excellent job on our window and siding project. The quoting process was quick, easy, and efficient. When it came time for the install the crew did a fantastic job. The window was re-framed and installed in a few hours, and the siding was completed shortly after (same day). The siding matched the rest of the house which we were originally concerned about due to the age of the siding on the remainder of the house. The new window installed has held heat much better than the original windows. Overall the work was excellent and the price was very very reasonable. I would highly recommend American Accents with Mike and his crew for any window or siding or project.

Description of Work
windows siding

Category siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 12/06/2020

Paul & Karen J.

Excellent. Efficient, price conscious, timely. Work done as promised. Quality is great

Description of Work
windows , gutters, siding

Category gutter repair, siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 12/01/2020

Bethany G.

Awesome! Mike was kind, informative, honest, and understanding. He spent almost two hours during the initial meeting/consultation with me deciding on colors and types of siding—and I hadn’t even hired him yet! He is dependable and honest; present and on time when he said he would be. His workers were thoughtful and amazing at their jobs. I am extremely happy with the job and would definitely recommend and hire in the future if needed.

Description of Work
siding

Work Completed On 07/15/2020

Just so the potential customers know, I don't usually take 2 hours on an appointment. [Member Name Removed] and I were having a good time driving around looking at houses for design ideas. She got the Linen colored beaded siding, it looks great and is the only one in the neighborhood with that design.

Chris L.

Everything went well. Guys were on time and the job looks great.

Description of Work
Siding Doors

Category siding, doors

Sharon & Bill G.

Work was started and completed when promised. Very pleased with the crew that put our siding up. Love the look that Mike helped us to decide on. Highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
siding

Work Completed On 11/30/2020

Gary F.

All expectations met. Work handled in a professional manner.

Description of Work
door installation

Work Completed On 11/30/2020

Joe & Rosie E.

The installation went according to schedule, the installers did great job on the door and the window and cleaning afterwards.

Description of Work
patio door & window

Category replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 12/16/2020

Bill & Teri G.

Mike and his team were great to work with. The install crew did quality work. The siding we ordered was unavailable so American Accents upgraded it to a higher quality siding with no additional charge. Thank you Mike. Great working with you.

Description of Work
siding

Category gutter repair, siding

Work Completed On 12/02/2020

Thank [Member Name Removed] for helping load the truck at the end. Great home job on the new columns Bill.

07/20/2020

Jon L.

Mike and team did a great job on my house. Pricing was fair and transparent with no gimmicks. Installation teams were very professional and fast. All windows done in a single day; siding in a single day; doors in a day. I was quoted for windows a while back and Mike came in at a very competitive price. Would highly recommend American Accents for all of the above!

Description of Work
Two exterior doors, all siding/trim/gutters, sliding glass door, 9 windows

Category gutter repair, siding, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 06/15/2020

05/29/2020

Jason R.

Mike inspected all windows in the house that I had been renting out. Gave his assessment & stated which ones were still good to go. Physical window order arrived at house quickly. Delay in getting them installed due to COVID-19 issue. Once installation day came, workers were professional, quick & reliable. His work gave our house a needed facelift.

Description of Work
Replace old windows.

Work Completed On 05/29/2020

Review for American Accents - 325 Redwood Dr., Troy, MI - 38601380

08/30/2017

Allison R.

Now that my payment has been processed and this project has been closed out, I am ready to review the siding project performed by American Accents. 4/10/17: Mike Davey comes out to give a quote on siding and (most importantly) installing a gable vent in the front gable. This will be important later in the review, as this is the main reason I initiated this project. The home was purchased with a new roof and required proper ventilation to keep it in good shape. 4/16/17: I hire American Accents and sign the contract for the project. It was not until after I signed the paperwork that Mike informs me that he "cannot tell me when he'll be able to get his crew out, but he will let me know." I recieved no word from Mike for 2 weeks. I reached out for an update. Was told no date was planned yet, "please be patient." 6/11/17 (nearly 2 months after signing the contract): Mike informs me that tomorrow (6/12) they would be by to perform work. Extremely short notice, but work is flexible and I made it work. 6/12/17: Work is performed. I was able to be home the entire duration of the project. It was a very warm, sunny early summer day. Not the workers nor Mike, who was on site, ask to place the caulk inside the air conditioned house. After the work was completed I find the windows to be very messily sealed with runny caulk, resulting in stringy caulk running onto the fresh siding and clumps of caulk around the perimeter. There was wood rot found in my garage under flashing above the garage door. The crew removed the wood and replaced and sprayed for ants (there was a bit of an infestation in the rotting wood). 6/13/17: Mike returns to my house, with no commmunication that he would be by, and explains that his crew did not properly install the gable vent. Instead of using the existing hole to install the vent, they completely boarded over the hole, installed the siding, and hung the vent on top of those two layers. He promised to get the crew back out as soon as possible understanding that this is of highest importance. I showed Mike the messy caulk, he offered nothing more than a "It was hot out, this happens." I can show pictures that the caulk, to this day, is still messy. 6/12/17 - 8/12/17 : My home sat through the majority of the summer heat with no ventilation and no communication from Mike Davey on when he would return. 7/17/17: Mike emails me saying: "I would like to exchange the cost of the additional wood replacement and labor in the garage header for the missed gable vent cut. So it would be greatly appreciated if you could mail me a check for a balance of $2000. As you may have guessed, I have parted ways with the crew that worked your job, but if I can find a replacement I will still try to get out cut a hole behind the gable vent.[...}at that point it would be no charge to you." I told him absolutely not. If he can't do it, another contractor will be hired and their fee will come out of my final bill. He agreed that it was not appropriate for me to close out the project and promised to get someone out to fix it. 8/12/17: While away from home, I get a message from Mike on the roof of my aluminum awning showing a hole cut into my gable. Again, absolutely no indcation that he was planning to come by prior to this date. 8/13/17: I return home where I find propped against the side fence the wood cut out from the gable vent. I must note that the cut out was made by several large drill holes, drilled right beside one another. A proper tool (a saw of some sort?) was not used to make the hole. At the end of the day, the job is done and I am glad to be rid of this nightmare. I would highly urge anyone to read negative reviews along with positive ones when hiring a contractor. While there may not be many negative reviews that does not guarantee that you won't have a negative experience. I will also add my last two cents here and I am writing it at the bottom so as not to allow this opinion to influence the facts I have detailed above. I would highly recommend not to use this company if you are a single female homeowner. The very fact that this contractor thought it was appropriate to show up at my house on 6/13 and 8/13 unannounced, tell me to "be patient" when simply asking for a status update, and request payment when the project had very clearly not been completed properly is so far beyond improper. It is unprofessional and borderline unethical. Would the same behavior be demonstrated if I were a man? I will not speculate on that, but rather I will let all of these facts and final paragraph speak for itself.

Description of Work
Partial siding, gable vent installation

Work Completed On 08/12/2017

Review for American Accents - 325 Redwood Dr., Troy, MI - 36146260

09/22/2016

Susan J.

Great! I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Replaced siding, Windows and doors

Category siding, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 04/04/2016

02/03/2016

Linda B.

Work Completed On 01/27/2016

04/23/2015

lisa P.

Contractor removed present side entry and storm doors ? installed new side entry and storm doors (4 hours). Mike Davey shows up near the end of the installation and remains once the job is done and the contractors leave. He has me take a look at the door to see if it meets my expectations. I take a look at the installation and notice that the storm door does not close all the way. Mike attempted to adjust the door closer cylinder to no avail and advised me that Tom (contractor) would need to take a look. He also advised me that he needed to have a sill plate extension installed (due to the incorrect measurements he took). I pay Mike the remaining amount of the contract and he leaves. Due to the holidays, we agreed that Mike would return with the sill plate extension and have Tom look at the door closer cylinder in January. After he leaves, I take a closer look at the installation job and notice a number of things that just don?t look right to me. The next day I decide to cancel the check so I sent him a text letting him know that I felt more comfortable providing payment once the job was complete. I document all issues of concern and send Mike a detailed email, along with pictures, of everything that needs attention. We connect on the phone and Mike addresses each item individually. We settle on a date and time for Tom to come back out to my house. Tom returns and goes about working on the door. It takes him two hours. Now, keep in mind that when Tom originally left after the installation, the job was supposedly complete. So, if he came back to address all of my concerns and he needed two hours in which to do that, doesn?t that tell you something right there? Tom was argumentative and insulting. He mentioned that he had been in the business for over 30 years. He didn?t like being questioned about his work and specifically called me nit-picky. I acknowledged his tenure and simply asked why, if he had been in the business for over 30 years, he had to come back and fix this, and this, and that, and this, and that (as I pointed to each of the areas of concern. His reply/excuse was that it was dark when he finished the job. He took no ownership what so ever and offered no apology the entire time he was there. Finally, he left in a huff. Issues: 1. Problem: The owner of the company admitted (while laughing) that he measured incorrectly for the door ? as a result, there is an inch width of wood around the perimeter of the frame sandwiched in between the two doors and it contains a horizontal seem right at eye level Suggested solution: ??paint it?? 2. Problem: Absolutely no insulation or caulking was used outside under the sill plate or along either side of the bottom ¼ of the storm door, which led to ice formations on the INSIDE of the house on both bottom corners of the door as well as the adjacent walls Suggested solution: An offer to spray some stuff in the holes (why this wasn?t done during the installation eludes me) 3. Problem: At some point after the sill plate was glued on the floor, it was pulled up and repositioned leaving a roughly ½? x 4? glue residue on the linoleum floor Solution: Shoe molding was slapped on to cover up the glue and gap (see #4), but no effort at matching it up with existing moldings 4. Problem: A gap in the flooring of roughly ¼? x 3? was left exposed on the floor where the old sill plate was ? no effort to cover it up Solution: See #3 5. Problem: Caulking applied on the right side between the molding and the wall is horrendous Solution: None; Mike Davey felt the caulking was fine and informed me that the contractor who applied it was his ??best caulker?? 6. Problem: There was a misaligned screw hole on the front of the storm door where a screw should have been Solution: A screw was forced in the misaligned holes resulting in a bent frame - this cannot be fixed 7. Problem: A screw was randomly placed between the frame and the 1? wood shim mentioned in #1 causing a black, screw-width scratch mark on the white storm door Solution: Caulk was put over the screw so now just the scratch shows 8. Problem: Out of the 3 hinges on the entry door, 1 was missing a screw and a second one had 3 silver and 1 black screw Solution: Add screw to empty screw hole and exchange 1 black screw for a silver one ? this was the one fix they got right! A couple of days later, I hear a knock at my front door. It is dark out, I am a single woman and I live alone. I get visitors so infrequently that when someone knocks at my door, I get a little concerned and sometimes worry. When I get up to answer the door, I see that Mike Davey is standing on my porch. I am unpleasantly taken by surprise and a bit confused. Typically, when someone comes over, there is some sort of communication by both parties. Mike showed up at my house, at night, unannounced. This type of behavior is unacceptable and very unprofessional. Unfortunately, this was a very bad experience for me. I understand that this review cannot affect ratings, but I hope it prompts you to take another look at your relationship with American Accents. I would hate to think that another customer could go through something like this. Because I'm sure you have a thorough vetting process and a set of standards to which all clients must adhere in order to be represented on your site, I thought you would appreciate this information. Sadly, this matter will never be resolved; Mike Davey was given the opportunity to complete the job to my satisfaction, but chose not to. I will now have to go elsewhere to have the job fixed/completed. Personally, I would think that any upstanding business would be embarrassed by the lack of respect for the customer and negligence exhibited during this installation. I have multiple pictures documenting all of my issues and am happy to share them if you'd like them for your files. Let me know and I will send them. I thank you for your time.

Description of Work
On 12/22/14, American Accents installed a side entry and storm door on my house.

Work Completed On 12/22/2014