We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched

Doctor Flue, inc.

Founded 1986 • With Angi since March 2006

1610 Dinius Rd

Tecumseh, MI 49286

The chimney sweep specialists at Doctor Flue are CSIA certified, so they can provide an accurate system evaluation, certified chimney inspection, consultation, and service recommendation for your chimney or fireplace. Video Inspections can reveal dangerous problems inside your chimney not visible with just a flashlight. If you need chimney cleaning, chimney relining, waterproofing, or chimney repair, we even offer written warranties on products and services, as well as our LIFETIME WARRANTY Floating Chimney Crown. Need a chimney rebuilt? We have a lifetime mason to handle even the largest chimney project. Our services aren't limited to the chimney. We also provide wood stove installation, fireplace installation and repair, gas fireplace inserts, and more. Our chimney doctors serve large portions of Michigan and Ohio, incl. Ann Arbor, Jackson, Canton, Dearborn, Toledo, Dayton and Columbus. Additional email - kevon@drflue.com Additional phones - (734) 457-0747, (517) 423-2832,. Additional fax - (517) 423-6969. Award wining....

10/01/2022

Deborah C.

I conduct an annual cleaning with Dr. Flue because the outcome is excellent. I operate my stove 24/7 during the winter months, so it takes a beating. Upon inspection, I had some issues with the glass and door on my wood stove. They are ordering the necessary parts, and will come back to completely repair my stove. Excellent service

Description of Work
Chimney clean and door repair

Category chimney sweep

Thank you for the kind review, [Member Name Removed], and we’re looking forward to seeing you again next year. As you know, annual maintenance is a must to keep an eye on all facets of your installation as professionals can do. I’m glad we found the small issues, and you can keep burning safely and warmly! Thank you for your continued trust. We will see you next year

09/19/2022

Jennifer W.

Great service!!!! Will recommend and will definitely use their services again.

Description of Work
Chimney inspection and cleaning

08/18/2022

Barbara H.

The team is professional, know what they're doing. They get to work, and when done email photos and an analysis of your property. The guys are focused and immaculate workers.

Description of Work
chimney inspection and changeover system for gas fireplace

Category home inspection, fireplaces

Hello Angies List Member, Thank you for the wonderful review. We here at Doctor Flue are glad to hear of your satisfaction as well as the great review. It is always great to hear from the clients how their service was. We look forward to servicing you in the future for years to come. Sincerely, Doctor Flue Inc.

02/16/2022

Keith Z.

My go-to for all woodburning stove and fireplace issues. Excellent in all respects. Will schedule additional cleanings, inspections and repairs after burning season.

Description of Work
Wood-to-gas conversion diagnosis/inspection

01/24/2022

Danielle F.

The Doctor Flue team came out to my place right on time (actually, early!) and called ahead with their ETA. They were respectful of my home, great to work with, and did a fantastic job checking my chimney and gas fireplace to make sure it was safe and in working order. They "reset" the hearth, added the necessary materials, climbed a 30 foot ladder in 20 degree weather to check my chimney and provided a very detailed after-action report along with photos to give to my HOA for repairs. Cannot recommend them enough, all around a very positive experience.

Description of Work
Safety check/cleaning of my gas fireplace

Category chimney sweep, fireplaces, gas logs

01/06/2022

Margaret S.

Excellent! Kevon is superb and they allayed all my concerns. Great people.

Description of Work
CO2 concern in fireplace

Category chimney repair, fireplaces, gas logs

04/09/2021

Jane T.

They are my “go to” in this department. Professional. Polite. Reliable.

Description of Work
Chimney cleaning

01/30/2021

Sundu B.

Turned out to be a remote pairing issue! The guys did a fabulous job explaining the issue, documenting the work done and tidying up after work was done. Very professional and efficient.

Description of Work
Direct Vent Gas fireplace wasn’t coming on. Neither were the built in lights. Though power was On.

Category chimney sweep, fireplaces

Hello Angies List Member, Thank you for the wonderful review. We here at Doctor Flue are glad to hear of your satisfaction as well as the great review. It is always great to hear from the clients how their service was. We look forward to completing the work when you are ready to do so. Sincerely, Doctor Flue Inc.

11/27/2020

J S.

I recently sought help from Dr. Flue to repair a gap that had formed where mortar around my chimney had apparently eroded over time. From first contact with their office, to the final visit and completion of the work, my experience with Dr. Flue’s staff was exceptional… They took time to understand the issue and provide me a simple cost estimate; scheduled a time to come out and shot me a reminder a couple days ahead of the visit; then showed up on time and prepared. Once onsite, they confirmed the work we had discussed would address the issue I originally reported. Then pointed out some significant chimney flashing issues I was unable to see from the ground. These were a result of a recent, shoddy roof re-shingle job done by another contractor. I was impressed how they stayed objective and did not bad-mouth the roofers - just pointed out the issues and likely consequences I could expect if they were to go unaddressed. In short, Dr. Flue’s team earned my trust and respect. Alan, Kevon, and Josh, thank you for your time, work, and communication throughout. I will feel very good about recommending Dr. Flue to friends and family. Sincerely, J.Sagan

Description of Work
Chimney Repair

Category chimney caps, chimney repair

09/11/2020

Mary Jane O.

Arrived on time, completed the brick sealing on the chimney and window sills timely. Very professional. Definitely will hire for other jobs in the future.

Description of Work
Sealed the brick on the chimney and windowsills.

Category small appliance repair

08/19/2020

Peter S.

Very well, great communication, excellent work, very clean, professional!

Description of Work
Complete redo of gas fireplace

Category chimney repair

Hello Angies List Member, Thank you for the wonderful review. We here at Doctor Flue are glad to hear of your satisfaction as well as the great review. It is always great to hear from the clients how their service was. We look forward to servicing you in the future, Sincerely, Doctor Flue Inc.

06/17/2020

Jim R.

After many seasons, Dr. Flue and his crew remain dependable, thorough, and affordable. Their work is excellent and their demeanor is affable yet professional. They leave by sending photos of all parts of the system.

Description of Work
Inspect and clean wood stove and chimney system.

06/11/2020

Mary Jane O.

Doc and co-workers arrived precisely on time, respectful of COVID-19 guidelines and respectful of property. The area around the fireplace in the great room was protected with drop cloths as was the area from the door to the fireplace. Chimney was inspected by Doc prior to cleaning and photos were taken both before and after cleaning. Additionally, on the exterior, the chimney at the top of the stack was inspected and photos of that area were also provided. Job was completed in a timely manner and the area was returned to the condition it was prior to the arrival of Dr. Flue.

Description of Work
Chimney cleaned

Category chimney sweep, small appliance repair

05/08/2020

Jade W.

The logs were placed in such a way that they fell onto the floor while the fire was on. When I called the receptionist claimed that they would have to charge me another service call fee because "they had no way of knowing if the logs had been tampered with" which translates into we don't trust you and it may be your fault. After what ended in a heated conversation and very rude receptionist. We found another company to use and they have be great. I would not recommend this company because they obviously do not stand behind their work.

Description of Work
Fireplace cleaning

Category small appliance repair

Dear Angie’s List Member, We understand the concerns brought up about our service. It is not our intention for any client, new or existing to feel they are being treated unfairly. With our business we stand behind the work we do, however in some instances sudden occurrences may be experienced beyond our control, thus a service charge is standard. In the event we see an issue due to our work, we definitely take responsibility in correcting the issue. We enjoy the personal relations that grow with our clients, and hope to be able to continue to grow for years to come. Thank you, Doctor Flue, inc.

05/08/2020

Jade W.

Initially Kevon, who told me he was the owner, set up our 2 gas fireplaces and the 1 wood burning. He was easy to work with and responsive & professional. Fast forward 3 1/2 years or so. I called for service on the gas fireplaces to have the logs cleaned and everything inspected and replaced. Within 1 1/2 to 2 months of the service, there was a loud crash & we run into the great room to find the logs have fallen out of the fireplace onto the hearth and the wood floor. The crash was the logs banging into the metal gates that protect & screen the fireplace. I called for service & let the person answering the phone know what happened & told him that it could have been a disaster since my 4 & 1 year-old grandsons were in the house and playing. He then tells me that they are going to charge me another $180 service call because "it has been a few months and we can't determine if the logs have been moved." I told him we NEVER touch the logs.....that is why I hired them. He insists that they can't be sure....in other words, I'm not telling the truth. No offer to discount the call, just inferring we are lying and give me another $180. When the guy who deals with the phones and scheduling called back, I told him it didn't appreciate basically being called a liar & that we would be severing our business relationship with them. Especially since I found another company who came out for less, found big issues with the placement of the base logs and they specialize in gas. The conversation with this person went downhill from there and since he refused to just have Kevon (which he snottily, like a high school bratty girl, told me I was mispronuncing) just call me. I finally had to hang up on him. Although the installers were fine, the guy on the phone sealed the deal for me. I can never trust a company that has such a unprofessional person working as their first contact for the company.

Description of Work
Repair for damage that was was caused by their improper work...

Category fireplaces, gas logs

03/28/2020

Jim H.

Dr Flue's team are prompt and professional. They showed up when they said they would. The work was thorough and they explained the results in a way I could understand using photos. We decided to delay doing the work necessary but will definitely use Dr Flue when we decided to do it.

Description of Work
Dr Flue inspected my fireplace for usability

Category chimney repair

03/26/2020

David L.

Professional, punctual, polite. Nothing else needs to be said, very happy.

Description of Work
New fireplace and surround installed. Completely changed the look of the home.

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces, woodworking

Thank you, dear member, for taking your valuable time to submit a great Angie's List review. When our technicians are out to a clients' home, they work very diligently. They focus on the task at hand to make sure that the work being performed is done in the most efficient manner. Our goal is to make sure that you feel comfortable as homeowner. We thank you for your patience in this project and are glad to see you are happy as we are with the results! Thank you for your excellent review. We look forward to servicing you in the future. Doctor Flue

02/06/2020

John D.

They can on time and did a great job. Would hire again. Very professional

Description of Work
Fireplace would not stay on

02/06/2020

John D.

very god . On time and did a great job

Description of Work
clean and check

Category fireplaces

Dear Angie's list member, Thank you for taking your valuable time to submit a great Angie's List review. We are glad to hear of your satisfaction with our technicians. Our goal is to make sure that you feel comfortable as a homeowner. Thank you for your excellent review. We look forward to servicing you in the future. Office Team Doctor Flue

01/30/2020

Doug K.

Very thorough, very professional. This is how all small business should run.

Description of Work
Gas fireplace insert installation

Category chimney repair, fireplaces

Hello Angies List Member, We here at Doctor Flue would like to thank you for this wonderful review and taking the time to do so. We are very glad to hear that you were satisfied with our services over the years. We are looking forward to servicing you for the years to come. Doctor Flue

11/15/2019

Karen A.

I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Flue. (Advice - schedule an appointment way in advance - e.g., schedule a fireplace check-up in June. :-) I was blown away by the service and professionalism of Dr. Flue. The technicians that fixed my gas fireplace were Kevon and Dave. Before they arrived, I received an email with Kevon's photo so that I could confirm his identity when he arrived. They listened very carefully to my explanation of the problems. When they finished, they thoroughly explained everything that they had found and did. Their summary included so many photos that I was reminded of a DIY manual. All in all, I felt they treated me with the utmost of professionalism and did a great job.

Description of Work
Repair and cleaning of gas fireplace

Category fireplaces

Hello Angies List Member, Thank you for the wonderful review. We here at Doctor Flue are glad to hear of your satisfaction as well as the great review. It is always great to hear from the clients how their service was. We look forward to many more continued years of service with you. Sincerely, Doctor Flue Inc.

10/23/2019

Lynn S.

Expectations met and exceeded for the retirement of a very old, unsafe burning stove here. Kevon explained and guided the initial process which led me to my selection for new. Doc and Jacob had the biggest part in removal/install. There were no surprises, everything went as explained & planned, all within the budget. Much thanks to this company, there’s no doubt they are experts in this field.

Description of Work
Installation of new wood burning stove.

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair

Hello Angies List Member, Thank you for your wonderful review. We are glad that the install of your new wood stove was able to be done to your satisfaction and we enjoy hearing the great service our technicians have provided you with. We look forward to servicing you for the years to come. Sincerely, Doctor Flue, inc.

06/28/2019

Joyce H.

Chimney repairThey know what they are doing. You might pay more, but the job is done correctly

Description of Work
Chimney repair

Category chimney caps, chimney repair

Thank you dear member for taking the time to do an Angie’s List review; it is appreciated. We take pride in not only the best service, but making sure the client is satisfied from start to finish. It always gives us great joy when our technicians receive compliments. We do read our reviews daily during our weekly staff meeting; it keeps our men working hard and always thriving. We are grateful for your trust in our expertise and in us. Thank you again.

05/16/2019

Carleen C.

Kevon has been a fantastic resource. He performed a thorough inspection at a fair price and answered all of my questions with great detail. He was very helpful and I would very highly recommend Dr. Flue services for any and all fireplace repair service needs.

Description of Work
Fireplace Inspections

Category chimney repair, fireplaces

Dear Angies list member, Thank you for taking your valuable time to submit a great Angie's List review. When our technicians are out to a clients' home, they work very diligently. We are glad to hear of your satisfaction with our technicians. Our goal is to make sure that you feel comfortable as homeowner. Thank you for your excellent review. We look forward to servicing you in the future. Office Team Doctor Flue

05/15/2019

Nancy R.

Great. Logs were replaced in proper position. Only complaint was it took a while to get an appointment so they must be very busy.......a good sign, however

Description of Work
Gas fire needed a part.

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair, fireplaces, gas logs

Dear Angies List Member, Thank you for your wonderful review. We are glad that your gas log set was able to be done to your satisfaction. We understand that good things are worth waiting for, and glad that we were able to assist you. We look forward to servicing you for the years to come. Sincerely, Doctor Flue, inc.