GARY BRIGGS CONTRACTING

Founded 1976 • With Angi since September 2010

24500 INKSTER ROAD

SOUTHFIELD, MI 48034

ALL ESTIMATES ARE IN WRITING AT NO CHARGE. OWNER REMAINS ON JOB FROM SRART TO FINISH. NO SUB CONTRACTORS ARE USED. MEMBER EASTERN MICHIGAN BBB....

11/08/2017

Mel T.

All went well. Gary came out and did the work, a very personable and thorough professional. Steps look great. I won't hesitate to call on him again or recommend his company.

Description of Work
I had to have fairly large porch steps replaced with precast steps

Category concrete repair, decks

10/12/2017

Lisa B.

Gary was on site. He personally did all of the tuckpointing. He was thorough, prompt and clean. The work was professional. I highly recommend his service.

Description of Work
They did excellent tuckpointing on the brickwork all around my home and chimney.

09/11/2017

r P.

Great experience all around

Description of Work
tuckpointing

Category concrete repair, masonry

11/05/2014

CLAIRE T.

They gave us a very professional quote. It was very detailed and professional.

Description of Work
We called them out to give a quote on wear on the front of our house.

09/25/2014

Clifton N.

It's about an 8 foot x 8 foot porch. It was a 1936 Tudor bungalow and he was able to replace it back. He got very close with the brick. The limestone that was used to make the stairs and the wing walls was replaced exactly as it was prior to. The house looks fantastic. The front stairs were removed. The bricks were all sort of shattered. It was a fantastic job. I am going to use them again. I have a chimney that needs to be reworked and he will be reworking the chimney.

Description of Work
They reconstructed the whole porch. There was a high-speed car chase that ended on my porch so he had to tear down the complete porch and rebuild the whole porch back up.

Category concrete repair, decks, chimney repair

12/29/2012

Kim S.

Gary Briggs responded quickly to my chimney problem. He came out to review the problem and provided an estimate quickly. Within a couple of days he arrived and repaired the chimney. There were no issues. Everything was handled in a timely manner. Gary is professional and easy to talk with. He explains the problem and offers options for repair.

Description of Work
Chimney Repair: Removed old cap and installed new rock face limestone cap. Removed and replaced one 8" x 12" flue on fireplace side. Installed two new steel flue covers. Hauled away debris.

Category chimney repair

07/24/2012

Rebecca M.

He isn't going to be your lowest estimate but he does one heck of a job. He is well worth the money. He also put in a front step several years ago for me and it is still going strong. He is on time, he shows you his contractors number, and he does an excellent job.

Description of Work
He came out and put in a sidewalk for me.

Category concrete repair, masonry

07/18/2012

Rose Marie R.

It was perfect in every way. I'm considering using him again.

Description of Work
He completely rebuilt a wall with a window box.

05/08/2011

Victoria C.

Mr. Brigg's website appears very friendly and accommodating; however, when I sent an email requesting his advertised "free estimates" he sent email that simply said "not interested". You can tell the true character and professionalism of a contractor when they don't have to solicit your business. If Mr. Briggs doesn't need your business, he can't be bothered to be polite. Even more ironic, his business is less than a mile from my mother's residence on Inkster road.

Description of Work
I contacted Mr. Briggs for his promotion of "free estimates".

Category concrete repair

First lets get some facts straight. Briggs Contracting has NEVER performed any work of any kind for you. I notice in your review under price, quality,responsiveness, punctuality you were not able to grade my company. Instead you chose to go the easy way and give my company an F in OVERALL and PROFESSIONALISM. This is hard to understand when the only contact I have had with you was through an email. You requested a quote for a new basement and a contractor that was familiar with structural insulated panels. You said you went to my web site and saw that I give free estimates. You must not have looked at it very closely, because if you had nowhere in ANY advertising does my information sat I do BASEMENTS or STRUCTURAL INSULATED PANELS. I looked at the pictures and READ the email carefully and determined that this was not a job that my company was capable of working on. Your email was responded to VERY PROMPTLY. I don't know how many ways I can say I AM NOT INTERESTED IN YOUR JOB. I thought this would let you know you could cross my company name off your list and continue your search for a more POLITE contractor. Gary Briggs - owner of Gary Briggs Contracting since 1976.

09/07/2010

Rebecca M.

He returns calls promptly. He is very good with email. He removed the old sidewalk and all of the tree roots under it. He hauled away all of the roots and old cement. He formed and poured a 4 inch-thick sidewalk and even rounded the corner for me. He had to make it wider and filled in with dirt. He even tied a shrub back for me. He came on the day he promised, the work was done quickly and I think he is excellent.

Description of Work
He put in a sidewalk from my driveway to my front door. He is has also put in a front step in the past.

Category concrete repair

Mr. Mason LLC

Mr. Mason LLC is a family owned and operated masonry company. We are a fully licensed and insured company. Mr. Mason LLC continues to maintain current workman’s compensation and liability insurance. Mr. Mason LLC specializes in residential masonry restoration. We here at Mr. Mason LLC strive to achieve 100% customer satisfaction! Through friendly and prompt customer service, as well as quality projects built to withstand the harsh elements of Michigan winters. From Chimney rebuilds to simple tuck-pointing, each project is addressed with the same care and compassion. While having 30+ years of combined experience restoring homes in the metro Detroit area, Mr. Mason LLC currently employs only 10-15 skilled employees. Mr. Mason LLC Accepts only the highest quality craftsmanship from our masons and trusted workforce. Mr. Mason LLC has remained small enough to care without lacking production, quality and safety.

Detroit Construction Solutions LLC

Detroit Construction Solutions is a fully licensed and insured construction contractor dedicated to being the solution to your problem. Whether you need a deck builder, bathroom or kitchen remodeler or a masonry contractor, please do not hesitate to call us to set up your free estimate!

Bricks N Bristles

Bricks and Bristles llc is a 3rd generation masonry/ painting restoration company .Specializing in residential masonry repairs. Bricks n Bristles blend new cutting edge technique with the old tried and proven methods. Here at Bricks and Bristles everything we build from relationships to structures we build with an uncompromising commitment to creativity and passion for excellence

Check, PayPal

RESIDENTIAL AND SMALL COMMERCIAL CONCRETE AND MASONRY WORK. Licensed by The State of Michigan. INCLUDING PORCHES, STEPS, WALKS, BRICK WALLS, CHIMNEYS, TUCK POINTING, CODE VIOLATIONS CORRECTED, ADDITIONS BRICKED, BLOCK WORK, WINDOW AND DOOR SILLS AND ALL OTHER BRICK AND CONCRETE REPAIRS.