American Standard Roofing

Founded 2001 • With Angi since March 2006

Over 36 Years Experience | 11,000+ New Roofs Installed | Top Rated & Reviewed | Great Financing Options Available l Lifetime Material Warranty | Our Own Exclusive Crews | Family Owned Business | Fully Licensed, Bonded, & Insured | Call, Email, or Schedule Online Today for a Free Estimate: No Obligation, No Pressure, & No Irritating Salesman!...

Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated
LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+134 more images

roofing (287)gutter repair (46)siding companies (13)skylight installation (1)insulation (1)

09/24/2022

Daron M.

I am somewhat disappointed. Hopefully though, I have a waterproof flat roof, but the before and after installation was problematic. On 09/21/22 three guys showed up at about 10am, one left after 45 minutes, and the other 2 went to work. About an hour in, it started to drizzle, but the guys continued working. When it really started to rain hard they finally put up a tarp and left for the day at about 12:45pm. But the damage was done. Below the roof, the ceiling in the room was partially wet, resulting in some soaked insulation on the attached tile material; causing one to even fall from the ceiling from the weight of the water, which also resulted in some tiles to separate their ceiling tile material cover from the insulation. Also, enough water came through the ceiling to wet some of the carpet. On the following day at 9am sharp, three guys showed up and went immediately to work. They were done by 4:00pm. Upon inspection of the roof it was pointed out there was a sizeable glue spill stain on the rubberized roof material, but no effort was made to remove it. Finally, as they left, they dragged at least one, or two, of the debris bags across the driveway, scratching and scarring the cement. The one adjective that comes to mind is careless. Maybe I’m neat picking but for the premium price, and sterling reputation, I expected not to have these types of issues on an otherwise good job.

Description of Work
Flat roof installation

Work Completed On 09/24/2022

Review for American Standard Roofing - 29231 Northwestern Hwy, SOUTHFIELD, MI - 39886340

11/04/2020

Michelle L.

They took the time and explained everything to my Mother, so she would understand the process.

Description of Work
Roof replaced

Category gutter repair

Work Completed On 11/05/2020

10/23/2020

Bob T.

Do not hire this company unless you want a problems . This is a company that hires outside contractors to finish their jobs I had contracted with them to replace roof on my house Contractor who did that job intentionally did not install guard around ventilation exhaust on the roof ( because they didn’t want to spend money ) and of course after first rain I had water for intrusion to the point that ceiling collapsed . They came to evaluate damage and installed guard around ventilation exhaust For the last 3 months they didn’t finish repair inside a house ( they showed up after many phone calls - started work and left , their ladder and other equipment is in my room for the last 3 weeks ) Of course they don’t return my calls since they got payed for service I don’t think that anyone deserve to be treated this way

Description of Work
Roofing of house

Work Completed On 07/10/2020

Review for American Standard Roofing - 29231 Northwestern Hwy, SOUTHFIELD, MI - 38971824

09/09/2020

Susan S.

The screws in the west side downspout were not placed for longevity. The screws have popped out and the gutter is held in place by a rock. I telephoned Marie three times and Zack the manager with no response. I texted Zack a photo detailing the problem with no response over a 2 week period. This company does not stand by its work and I am disappointed. I intend to complain further and lodge complaints. They have the money and they have not responded to the downspout problem.

Description of Work
Gutter repair, caulking of roof and cedar shakes

Work Completed On 08/18/2020

Review for American Standard Roofing - 29231 Northwestern Hwy, SOUTHFIELD, MI - 38862595

[Member Name Removed], we are sorry to hear your services were not of utmost standards. Our offices will be reaching out to you to discuss further. Thank you

07/09/2020

Phillip A.

Well at least he told us what the problem was for $149.00, now we are hiring a masonry.

Description of Work
It wasn't my roof as we thought it was, it is my chimney that needs repaired.

Category gutter repair

Work Completed On 07/09/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the great rating and review. We at ASR pride ourselves on our honesty and always having our customer's best interests in mind. Please do not hesitate to reach out should the need ever arise for roofing, siding or gutter needs.

07/01/2020

Guy A.

I had three estimates, and they were just a couple hundred above the lowest one, but American Standard Roofing had a better customer review. The estimate was explained very well, and we had many choices, and we picked the 3D look. The James crew showed up on time, a great job, and outstanding cleanup. As the crew worked I had some questions and they would stop and answer to my satisfaction. What a professional crew. You can not go wrong with this company. Guy & Beverly Allen

Description of Work
Removed old and install singles

Work Completed On 06/30/2020

Thank you for the great review and kind words about our company. We at ASR take pride in our work, and are only happy when we have happy customers. Thank you from Team ASR

05/14/2020

Brenda C.

Was told the roof was in good shape so no work was done.

Description of Work
Roofing repair

Work Completed On 05/14/2020

03/21/2020

Susan O.

The team arrived on time and had the tear off/replacement completed on time as promised. The roof looks great!

Description of Work
Shingle replacement and vent update

Work Completed On 03/17/2020

Thank you so much for the amazing rating and kind words. We are only happy when our customers are happy. American Standard Roofing takes pride in their team of employees as well as their workmanship, and we are thankful that it is passed on to our customers. Please do not ever hesitate to reach out should the need ever arise.

03/07/2020

Karen N.

Excellent!! They arrived on time with a big crew. Everyone knew their part, and the job was done, including terrific clean up, in less than seven hours.

Description of Work
Replace roof, vents, flashing on house and garage.

Work Completed On 03/04/2020

Thank you so much for your kind review and for the awesome rating. American Standard Roofing takes pride in their team of employees as well as their workmanship, and we are thankful that it is passed on to our customers.. Do not hesitate to ever reach out should the need ever arise.

12/09/2019

Jennifer L.

Wonderful, the company did a great job and is very reasonable. Thanks :)

Description of Work
We needed roof/siding/gutter repair

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

Work Completed On 11/21/2019

Thank you so much for the amazing rating and kind words. We at ASR strive to keep our customers happy. Do not hesitate to reach out should the need ever arise.

10/01/2019

Vickie D.

First of all thank u Max my sales man he worked with me to get my task done. and the man that did the siding was awesome, he had great precision. Very nice job all around !This not the first time American Standard Roofing performed work for me and not the last. Thank You

Description of Work
Garage sided and gutters on house and garage.

Category gutter repair, siding

Work Completed On 08/26/2019

08/12/2019

Jean M.

American standard roofing contacted me to address these earlier concerns (wrong shingles installed). They made amends, apologized immediately, and we mutually agreed upon a resolution. The installation team did a good job and worked a very long 14 hour day to get the job done in one day. I do appreciate their hard work. This is a company that does care about their customers. I am going to write this off as an honest mistake on ASR's part that they immediately worked hard to correct.

Description of Work
reroofing update to an earlier review of American Standard Roofing job of 8-9-2019 in Plymouth

Work Completed On 08/09/2019

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding with regard to your roof. Here at ASR we strive to please our customers and customer satisfaction is of utmost importance. We are happy that you are happy and should the need ever arise, please do not hesitate to reach out.

07/26/2019

Debi K.

Remember the old days when u re-roofed the house ... the company came out when they said they would, gave a very reasonable price, did a great job, came out immediately again if needed and spent however long to make everything right, when u called u spoke with the president of the company and not some sale person ? American Standard Roofing is that company. Since my home was built in 4 sections, I can re-shingle in sections. So I have dealt with a number of roofing companies over the years, most of which u never hear from again once they r paid and whose warranties are a joke. Not this company. Dealing with Zach and his roofers is a pleasure. They go over and above to make sure everything is perfect. They will be my roofing company til I croak :)

Description of Work
Re-shingle part of the house

Work Completed On 06/01/2019

07/08/2019

Ryan J.

A friend referred me to American Standard Roofing and I couldn't be happier with my experience. My salesman Max came out to my house, took some pictures, and covered every detail with me, start to finish. He was able to quickly prep up an estimate, which I compared to some other roofers in the area. Their pricing and thoroughness was hands down the best. The crew was very professional...on time and clean. Overall, very thankful for an honest, easy experience!

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Work Completed On 06/26/2019

07/03/2019

Stephen S.

From the moment I called to make an appointment for an estimate I was treated royaly. The salesman was prompt and courteous, explained everything and gave me a quote and left samples. My husband and I didn’t need to look any further for who we would choose to do our roof. American Standard Roofing did an outstanding job and it only took one day. They cleaned up everything because they knew we had dogs and didn’t want them to get injured. I have had other companies do work at our home but ASR was by far the best company we have ever used. I would highly recommend them to anyone that needed a new roof!!

Description of Work
New roof on house

Work Completed On 04/16/2018

Thank you so much for the truly amazing and kind words. Here at ASR we take pride in our work, so it is truly nice to be acknowledged. Should the need ever arise, please do not hesitate to reach out.

07/02/2019

Joseph C.

Real good fast service .it would have been nice if they would agknoledge my niece referring them to me.

Description of Work
Installed new roof shingles.

Work Completed On 05/31/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the great review. Our team has reached out to your niece to acknowledge her referral so thank you for the reminder. Please do not hesitate to reach out should the need ever arise.

07/02/2019

Joseph S.

Workers arrived and immediately got to work at 7a. Some waiting for the dumpster slowed work a bit but nothing to be too worried about. They were very attentive in cleaning up. I've found some small pieces but nothing to worrisome for my dog. I did find a few nails after the gutters were replaced the next day.

Description of Work
Complete re-roof and new gutters

Work Completed On 07/02/2019

05/24/2019

Sheri C.

One of only 2 companies that explained my rafters were settling and that I needed a structural repair to fix hip rafters, jack rafters and deck sheathing.. Many other companies were ok with putting new shingles over my sagging roof which is only a band aid. I thank them for their honesty. Recommended if you want someone to tell you the truth and not just sell you something to get your money.

Description of Work
Tear off on replace asphalt shingled roof

Work Completed On 05/24/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your remarks and excellent rating!!!

05/03/2019

Richard K.

They contacted me quickly, answered my many questions and offered a price.

Description of Work
The offered an estimate to do a roof repair. Bathroom vent replacement.

Work Completed On 04/10/2019

[Member Name Removed], thank you for excellent rating.

03/27/2019

Dawn P.

American Standard Roofing. CHOOSE AMERICAN STANDARD ROOFING! I can’t say enough splendid things about my experience with this company! Every single contact with them was pleasant and value-packed: from Chris, who gave me the original estimate, to Marion, who researched and answered several questions I had, to Zach, who upgraded the shingles for me and more, to Dave, the superintendent who went the extra mile for me, and to Jason and the crew, who were all unfailingly polite, helpful with explanations, and fantastic workers! Everything went lickety-split: from the time I signed the contract, my job was scheduled for 3 days out; the rubber-wheeled dumpster arrived and was hauled away the day of the job; the shingles were delivered as the crew finished the tear-off. My job turned out to be more extensive than expected, because the plywood on the roof from my previous job had degraded so badly that the entire roof needed re-sheathing (they even showed me photos.) Now, putting on the new boards is not a moneymaker for roofers; the time it takes to do it eats up profit. Zach was very generous in giving me a price break on the sheathing, and I am grateful! The job also included their “Smart Vent” system, which is a row of ventilation shingles that runs the length of the back of the house, adding extra air circulation for a longer-lasting roof and temperate attic. The new roof looks BEAUTIFUL, and the cleanup job the crew did was outstanding. Neighbors even approached the crew and asked for business cards. This was A-1 service, from start to finish!

Description of Work
Re-sheathing and re-shingling

Work Completed On 03/27/2019

[Member Name Removed], what a nice and personable review! Here at ASR we take pride in quality work. Please do not hesitate to reach out should the need ever arise.

02/04/2019

Zach G.

American Standard has provided us with most reasonable estimate among 3 other companies that we have talked too. Max, our salesman, was knowledgable, supportive throughout the process, remembered what we needed to be taken care of on the day of installation - it was nice to have him as our representative in this process. They also provided 30 year warranty, which was the highest one that was provided among other companies. Work was done in one day, everything was cleaned up and taken care of.

Description of Work
Complete Roof Replacement

Work Completed On 11/19/2018

Zach, thank you so much for your amazing review. Welcome to the ASR family and if you ever need anything, please reach out.

12/26/2018

KERRY G.

Excellent. Young man by the name of Elmer came out the same day we called ASR (a couple of days before Xmas). We showed him photos of the problems. He examined the roof, confirmed the problems, explained how they occurred, how they could be repaired. and what was covered/not covered by the ASR warranty. The job was scheduled for Dec. 26. Elmer showed up (earlier than scheduled) and went right to work. The repairs were completed quickly for the price quoted. (We didn't get any other estimates, so I cannot really comment on the price.) Elmer took before/after photos, which he provided to us. Totally satisfied.

Description of Work
Warranty repairs to shingles and repair of hole created by animals

Work Completed On 12/26/2018