Alexandria Windows & Doors

Founded 2009 • With Angi since June 2016

24293 Telegraph Rd Suite 180

SOUTHFIELD, MI 48033

Welcome to Alexandria Windows & Doors! We have been in the business for 17 years, and we have now been serving the greater Oakland, Wayne and Macomb area for over 8 year! We pride ourselves on customer service and quality work. If you are looking for a trustworthy contractor, you have found us!

11/13/2020

Jacqueline H.

It was good.

Description of Work
Installed new windows

08/26/2018

Mark B.

Beware of this company. Quality of the product is decent but the installation is poor and the follow up worse. The quality of the windows and doorwall seem to be good. However, the installation was poor. As soon as there was a little problem, and there always is when doing renovations, their guys couldn't figure things out. It was a good thing I was there to keep an eye on them and help them figure out how to solve problems. Its almost like they had never done this before - luckily I had. They had to come back several times to finish the job. There were some minor things they just couldn't fix - like no locking mechanism on the screen doors and I keep trying to get them back. It's been 4 or 5 months now and I keep calling (they never call to follow up) but they aren't interested any longer.

Description of Work
Doorwall and several windows

02/20/2018

Jeffrey P.

Alexandria & Sons completed a challenging Door Wall installation on a very cold day in January. The crew was highly skilled in completing a professional installation and I was very pleased that Jason came over later in the day to inspect the job and help resolve some minor fit issues.

Description of Work
Four Panel Door Wall installation

10/03/2017

Cherise C.

Category glass repair, doors

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your feedback, we appreciate your time and enjoyed working with you!!!

08/27/2017

Jeffrey T.

There is a two step process, first a sales guy comes out and provides an overview of base costs, Then if you agree to do the project one of the managers comes out to do a detailed look at the work and you get a detailed quote on the options. The only thing in the whole deal that was not as explained was that the installation day took longer than estimated. They said 2 hrs for the install. It took about six hours however the attention to detail and cleanup was great. Door shuts like a bank vault. We had one glitch regarding the alarm sensor cover but I'm handling that with a new sensor coming from our alarm service provider. The door is manufactured in Canada and is superb and substantial in construction. We opted for the internal blinds and upgraded locks. We are pleased with what we got.

Description of Work
Main goal was to replace 21 yr old patio door that was original to the house. We also had them replace one window glass panel that had started to fog within its double pane.

05/30/2017

Yolanda Y.

Jason was very responsive and thoughtful. The installation team is very professional and hard working! Appreciated their work and I like our new windows.

Description of Work
Install the windows for the whole house.

05/20/2017

Mary S.

I had contacted several window companies in my area in hopes of getting the broken window measured & glass ordered and possibly installed as soon as possible. Other local companies were telling me it would take 2 weeks just to get the glass ordered then another 2 weeks to get scheduled. Fortunately for us, I contacted Alexandria Window & Doors. They came out the next day. That was on a Tuesday, I believe, and by the following Tuesday, the window had been measured, glass ordered-received in and window repaired. Alexandria was right on with excellent service and we will not hesitate to contact them in the future. Great job. Thanks.

Description of Work
I needed a broken window repaired.

05/01/2017

Colleen T.

The only good thing I can say about Alexandria Windows and Doors is that Jason is a great salesman. That should tell you a lot about this review. Over promise and under deliver. My husband and I bought a whole house of windows plus a door wall from AWD. Jason sold me on a complete job. He told me that it would be a one day job and that by the time my husband came home at 5 pm they would be gone and my house would be perfect. Nothing could be further from the truth. Day 1 they arrive and get to work. They didn't leave until 8 pm and my whole house was in shambles. They destroyed pieces of my laminate floor, left nails and screws on the ground where my toddler would step on them. Destroyed walls with scratches and ripped off paint. Jason told me that the blinds I had would be the same size and his crew would re-hang them. That wasn't the case and the next day I had to spend 350$ at Home Depot on a whole house of blinds. When they claimed to be finished I noticed one window lock wouldn't unlock. One window got stuck opening it. My front window has locks going the opposite direction. 2 weeks in and the locking mechanism on my brand new door wall broke. They ripped siding off my house and told me it "wasn't their job to fix it". Jason has done nothing to make this right. Avoid my mistake and go with the big box store so you can get the job done right. This company is a disaster and I wish I would have listened to my husband when he advised me to go with the big store, pay more and get a professional team.

Description of Work
Whole house windows plus doorwall

Category replacement windows, doors

Hi [Member Name Removed], I am sorry that you had a bad experience. We have tried to contact you multiple times to fix the problems that accidentally occurred. After you agreed on a refund, we assumed you were satisfied. We have also sent multiple people out to your home to fix the issues. We would be happy to speak with you again, if you are available. Please contact us at 248-809-3214, and ask for our Office Manager to schedule a time to meet with you again. Thank you for your business, and I hope you have a blessed day.

04/05/2017

Cyndi A.

Called prior to arrival. Arrived during established 2 hour window. Work completed timely.

Description of Work
Door wall repair

11/19/2016

Eileen M.

Awesome! Very prompt and attentive. Cleaned up nicely after the job was done.

Description of Work
Awesome team! Courteous and professional. Very pleasant to work with!

09/01/2016

Sahani D.

Jason, the owner was present at all times to ensure his team was installing everything the way he promised from day one. Jason and his team did a fabulous job. They even finished the job in one day! I would highly recommend to anyone looking to get new windows/patio doors with a lifetime warranty at the best price possible.

Description of Work
Installed new windows and 2 patio doors

09/01/2016

Elena B.

I am very happy with these guys. They are very professional and fast. The quality of the door is amazing. Will definately recommend to my friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
Installed the entrance door

08/07/2016

David B.

The crew came out and did all the windows in one day. They did a great job.

Description of Work
Windows replaced on my home.

Closets By Design - East Michigan

Since 1982 Closets by Design designs has built a reputation of integrity as the industry leader in building custom closets, garage cabinets, offices, laundries, pantries and much more. With a wide selection of finishes, accessories and hardware, you will get the customized look you have always imagined. We are committed to quality from the beginning to the end of your project and look forward to earning your business. We also offer Financing!

Rock Solid Exteriors

Rock Solid Exteriors provides high quality roofing, siding and all of your exterior needs for homes and businesses. We offer emergency roofing and siding services throughout Michigan and can provide services within 24 hours. We are preferred Owens Corning Contractors. We are Mastic Preferred Contractors. We are certified in Certainteed Special Training Program. Fully licensed and insured roofers in the state of Michigan. Financing is available.

J & E Installation

A Super Service Award Winner every year since 2009, J & E Installation delivers exceptional quality and dependability to our door and window customers. We provide the level of excellence you would expect for a leader in window and door applications, but also the exceptional styles and designs you are looking for. We have been installing doors & windows since 1984. We specialize in all styles of wood and fiberglass doors. J & E Installation also gives you the choice of selecting your glass design. We can also install glass in your existing door or side lites on site. Our prices include free estimates, hardware, taxes, installation, haul away, and always includes a finished look, complete with a paint or stain finish. We do not believe in high pressure sales. In fact, it will always be the owners who personally come into your home. Our experienced and professional team of associates is on hand to help answer any questions you may have. We are sure to find something that will fit both your budget and your style. So, if you’re looking for a top quality company with fair and competitive prices, J & E Installation is the company for you! Award winning. Additional email - ed@jandeinstallation.com.

Offers by J & E Installation on Angi
    Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Check

Window Replacement Entry Door Replacement Sliding Patio Door Replacement Storm & Security Door Replacement

Repairs of any kind.