Air Doctors Heating and Cooling, LLC

Founded 1980 • With Angi since May 2018

We are a fully Licensed and Insured Heating and Air Conditioning company that serves most municipalities in Southeast Michigan. Our staff is fully certified and prescreened so that we can provide our customers with a safe and satisfying experience. With over 100 plus years of industry experience, we take pride in solving all of your comfort needs. We are a family based business that has been providing quality service to our neighbors for over 40 years....

Black Owned & OperatedBlack Owned & Operated
Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated
Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+64 more images

HVAC Companies202048207
Replaced a furnace that was installed in the 1930s.
Gravity Furnace Replacement  project

HVAC Companies

202048207

4.4

4.1

4.2

HVAC Companies (25)water heaters (4)dryer vent cleaning (3)air duct cleaning (3)lighting (2)electrician (2)

08/24/2022

Ryan J.

Very unprofessional owner and company. My A/C unit had a temporary leak and they rendered it completely useless, then tried to upsell me on part replacement costs, then further tried to upsell me on replacing my unit all together. Owner refused to acknowledge how he operates his business and refused to issue a full refund after they failed to send me a diagnostic report or itemized receipt. Other A/C companies that had to fix the problem AIR DOCTORS CREATED scoffed at their pricing, quality of work, and communication. I had to replace my entire unit after the work they did. DO NOT USE.

Description of Work
A/C Repair

Work Completed On 07/26/2022

[Member Name Removed], we are a little disappointed on the misrepresentation and mischaracterization of your experience. When we serviced your Air Conditioning system it was leaking refrigerant. We provided you 3 options to resolve your issue and return your Air Conditioner to service. You elected for a leak investigation that would identify where the leak was located. When you have a leaking air conditioning system it should be repaired or based on the age it should be replaced. There is no such thing as a temporary leak. As far as any discussion with the owner you never answer our calls or allowed us to make the situation right for you. Please contact us for a resolution so that we can make it right. Again, we believe this is a false representation of your service and we will like the public to be aware.

07/13/2022

Keith B.

Excellent and always on time this is the 2nd time that I've used this company the The 1st time was about 3 years ago at my old house they came out in a A blizzard the furnace was acting up I was not getting any heat it was about 8" of snow they told me the day before what time They arrived 15 minutes early they were in-and-out Very conscious very knowledgeable

Description of Work
AC Tune Up

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, lighting, water heater repair, air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning

Work Completed On 07/13/2022

[Member Name Removed], thank you for those kind words and the positive review. We Value your friendship and patronage. Thank you for allowing us to repair your Goodman furnace in Detroit.

Kirk P.

They were able to diagnose and fix my AC problem in one trip. They also were able to get to my house in a timely manner so we didn’t have to suffer on the hottest day of the summer. I recommend them to anybody who needs HVAC help.

Description of Work
AC Service

Work Completed On 07/05/2022

[Member Name Removed], thank you for being the best part of Air Doctors. Thank you for trusting us for your Carrier Air Conditioner in Monroe MI. Just a reminder that your repair comes with a full 5-year warranty. Please don’t hesitate to reach out should you have any other needs.

Gary W.

Efficient and timely. Very professional. Fair pricing.

Description of Work
AC Repair

Work Completed On 07/01/2022

Hey [Member Name Removed]! Thank you for your friendship and continued support of Air Doctors Heating and Cooling, LLC. Being your service provider has been a true honor. That you for allowing us to care for your Lennox Rooftop Unit in Detroit Michigan. With your maintenance plan, we look forward to keeping it running for a long time to come!

Mike G.

The whole Air Doctors team is great to work with. They replaced my AC and furnace along with installed a zoning kit. The difference in comfort level is amazing! Brynn, Corey, and Jose were all wonderful people to work with. Brynn was extremely low pressure for sales and you can tell he wants the best for his customers and wants customers for life. I am definitely one now!

Description of Work
Total system replacement

Work Completed On 07/13/2022

[Member Name Removed], thank you for those kind words. We completely care about total system comfort. Your house is your home, and it should be completely comfortable. Thank you for trusting us with your project and allowing us to install an Amana Air Conditioning system in Ypsilanti MI. We value you customers like you, and we look forward to serving you in the future. Please don’t hesitate to call or text if you need anything. Remember you are backed by a full 10-year warranty and maintenance plan!

06/26/2022

Melissa H.

They were great to work with and very professional. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
upgraded electrical

Category electrician, lighting

Work Completed On 06/26/2022

Thank you for the review [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure serving you. We are happly to help with your electrical repairs in Detroit Michigan.

06/03/2022

Earle L.

The initial representative came in trying to sell me a furnace. It took a bit to get him to understand that I was looking for duct And furnace cleaning. Once we got that understanding in place, everything went smoothly.

Description of Work
Yes the furnace and duct cleaning was done.

Category air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 05/19/2022

Thank you for the positive feedback and for the opportunity to perform duct cleaning in your home in Detroit MI. Sorry for the mis communication about what your needs were. That’s why we ask questions to carefully understand what you are looking to do. Thank you for being the best part of Air Doctors.

04/29/2022

Michael P.

Even though I did not have the work done by Air Doctors Brenn was extremely helpful answering all my questions. I would highly recommend anybody thinking about having HVAC work done to contact Air Doctors.

Description of Work
Heating and Air Conditioning

Work Completed On 04/29/2022

[Member Name Removed] thank you for taking our call and allowing us to consult you on the best way to go. Our goal is to provide quality service even if it means that our customers are not exchanging money with us. Please free to call should you ever need any additional help in any way. I hope you are enjoying your new air conditioner in Warren MI.

04/29/2022

Kareem O.

Exceptional!!

Description of Work
Heating & A/C

Work Completed On 06/29/2022

Hey [Member Name Removed]! Our Pleasure! We hope you are enjoying your new Carrier Air Conditioner Replacement in Canton Michigan. Thank you for your friendship and continued support of Air Doctors Heating and Cooling, LLC. Being your service provider has been a true honor.

01/04/2022

Sarah S.

My furnace went out on one of the coldest days, which was a Sunday. I paid double to have this company come and fix it. They told me the the motor and switch were bad and he couldn’t fix it that day, but would call Monday to see if he could get the parts, and if he could, he could try to come Monday and repair (for a cost of over $2,000). He texted me and called Monday saying that he would have to use a universal motor, it may cost even more than the quote and I needed to sign that I wanted service so he could do the repairs. When I was shocked at the price, I called another company. One said that he didnt have time until the end of the week to come and fix it but said that if the motor and switch needed to be repaired they could do it for $400. The other came and discovered the motor was fine and could repair the capacitor and switch for $250, but he found the unit not to be safe. The two companies that have seen the unit both agree that the motor is fine, but be capacitor was worn out (again I saw the motor running fine with the new capacitor). Also, agreed that the unit was cracked, and while not necessarily leaking CO2, because of the crack, it should not (and cannot by law) be repaired. When I brought this information to the attention of the company and asked for a refund, he requested that I send the receipt which I did. They suggested the other company (a large respected competitor) was lying about the crack (however, I have pictures and a third company that verified the cracks). The furnace is now being replaced. This company is a prime example of bad customer service and bad service (in terms of your technician). This company fleeced me in pricing during a heating crisis, the bad service could be classified as willful neglect and (had I not been so diligent or had the resources) it could have potentially caused real harm to my tenants. Anyone who has any questions or wants evidence, let me know, happy to share. I can also give you the names of the companies that provide a much higher quality service with reasonable prices.

Description of Work
emergency furnace repair

Work Completed On 01/02/2022

Thank you for the feedback. We regret to not living up to your expecations. Best wishes to you and your family. Please contact us so that we can make this right. 734-740-2961. Ms [Member Name Removed]. Negative experiences are not our style. You did pay additional for a Sunday response as we are a true 24-hour service provider. We strive to use OEM parts on each of our repairs. Our technician advised you that the motor was mechanically seized, and that the capacitor was low. Due to the age of the system, we recommended replacement as one of the options. Our system replacements are back with a full 10-year warranty and maintenance agreement. So, for 10 years there are not service calls. We stand by his diagnoses. Additionally, we use a calibrated instrument to evaluate if a furnace is operating properly. Some companies will say a furnace is crack in hopes to sell you a new system for several thousand dollars. I know its hard to trust a company especially since this is a rental. If you would like we can review your account with you and show you our step-by-step procedure. We always prefer that the homeowner is present to see exactly what we are doing. The fact that you had 3 service providers means that you may have been taken advantage of in the past.

01/06/2021

Toi S.

He told me how to download an app to check the item, he even called me that somebody would call me in a particular day and time, he told me if I had questions I can call him back. It was great.

Description of Work
They bought me a new thermostat.

Work Completed On 09/10/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed], serving you and your family has been a blessing for our company. We hope you like your nest thermostat and your Carrier Air Conditioner system in Detroit Michigan. Thank you for being the best part of Air Doctors.

01/06/2021

Toi S.

I've been using them for years. It was great, they were professional, on time and did it in a timely manner. I even recommend them to my friends and family. They were very clean.

Description of Work
They put a new central air air conditioning unit for me.

Work Completed On 06/10/2020

01/05/2021

Robert S.

It was good. They were very good. They were prompt. They were very thorough.

Description of Work
They replaced the water heater for me.

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 11/05/2020

Hey [Member Named Removed]. Thank you for the review and trusting us to install your Bradford White Water Heater in Westland Michigan. Just a reminder that it comes with a full 6-year parts and labor warranty. Let us know if you need anything additional.

Kimberly M.

The gentleman were professional and knowledgeable. From the time of my estimateto the time the work was performed it took 2 days. They are courteous and I will and have recommended them to my friends and neighbors. It’s nice when you can meet the Owner of the company before your job is started. Air Doctors is a name you can trust! I did and you should too!

Description of Work
Replace Furnace and AC

Work Completed On 12/23/2020

[Member Name Removed], thank you for trusting us with your Carrier Furnace and Air Conditioner replacement in Canton MI. We are honored and privilege to serve you and your family. Please let us know if you need assistance with anything.

Eric A.

Their service was excellent, showed up on time, and didn’t stop until they were done! Cleaned up and made sure everything was working properly, very polite and mannerly, very professional must support this company!

Description of Work
Service Work

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair, air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning

Work Completed On 07/03/2018

Hey [Member Name Removed]. Thank you for your friendship and continued support of Air Doctors Heating and Cooling. Your Tempstar Air Conditioner in Detroit MI comes with a no hassle 10-year parts and labor warranty. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Rose T.

Excellent. They were polite, very clean, and informative. This job took several days — they made sure the house was comfortable over night and that I was very clear on what had been completed and what would be done the following day. A week or so after the work was complete — they called to be sure all was well. I could not have been better served. Thank You!!

Description of Work
Boiler Repair

Work Completed On 01/23/2021

Hey [Member Name Removed]! Our Pleasure! Thank you for your friendship and continued support of Air Doctors Heating and Cooling, LLC. Being your service provider has been a true honor. With you mainteance agreement we will keep your Bryant Air Conditoner in Inkster MI up and going for a long time to come.

Chris Z.

The service received from Air Doctors was 5Star - we really appreciate that they offer the quality and workmanship that one would expect from a national service company, without having to pay that premium price. They were clean, respectful and unlike many other contractors we’ve dealt with did not leave a mess for us to clean up! Their team has done right by us, so much so that I’ve had them do work at my mother in-laws home, other family members and close friends. The Air Doctors brand is known for quality and I feel confident whenever we give their info out for a referral.

Description of Work
Install Hot Water Heater, repair inop furnace, hvac inspection for home sale.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

Work Completed On 12/23/2020

[Member Name Removed], thank you for trusting us with your Bradford White water heater replacement in Southfield. We are honored and privilege to serve you and your family. Please let us know if you need assistance with anything.

Toi S.

Excellent!!! Very knowledgeable. professional, arrived when promised and finished in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Replace AC unit

Work Completed On 06/10/2020

06/10/2019

samuel H.

Tried to balloon the price, with false problems, did not honor the discount supposedly offered, with ad on Angie's List.

Description of Work
charge freeon in ac unit

Work Completed On 06/10/2019

Mr. [Member Name Removed], We take negative reviews very seriously and we apologize if you have a negative experience with us. We charge a differnet rate for the weekends and evening times. The coupon you selected it does not apply towards the demand service on evenings and weekends. You contacted us at 10 pm on Saturday, June 8th and request service the following day. Additionally, our service technicians are trained to be diligent and provide a complete system overview to address any and all problems that we may find. We also take photographs of the equipment to show the customer of our findings. We can provide those to you if you are intrested. Please contact us so that we can do whatever is necessary to make you a satisfied customer.

01/26/2019

Jim M.

Very good. I was very happy with Allen. He was later than he'd originally estimated, but I know some jobs take longer than expected. I think ours did too. He was very good at explaining and demonstrating the problem. He also took the time to explain how the malfunctioning part affected the furnace's operation. Plus he gave some good advice for making the furnace last longer.

Description of Work
Furnace had stopped heating

Work Completed On 01/16/2019

Hey [Member Name Removed]. Thank you for the positive review and allowing us to repair your furnace.

12/18/2018

Bobby B.

I have been very impressed with their honesty, they have saved me a lot of money when other companies told me to replace something that could have been repaired.

Description of Work
They cleaned my furnace and dryer duct system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, dryer vent cleaning

Work Completed On 12/04/2018

Ms. [Member Name Removed], thank you for trusting us for all your service repairs. Remember your Tempstar furnace replacement in Ann Arbor comes with a full 10-year parts and labor warranty. Serving you family has been an honor and privilege.

12/14/2018

James E.

They are excellent and I will recommend them to others.

Description of Work
They did a heating and cooling maintenance and troubleshooting over a heating call