John McCarter Construction

Founded 1991 • With Angi since April 2008

475 Washington St

South Lyon, MI 48178

John McCarter Construction, specializes in exterior remodeling: siding, roofing, windows, and doors. Certified by four major product manufacturers including James Hardie siding products, it’s both our mission and passion to provide the best products, to install them to strict specifications, and to give you the best customer support in Southeastern Michigan. Additional fax - (248) 446-9850....

10/19/2021

Steve K.

We have used John McCarter Construction previously for work on our house, so when we needed additional work to our exterior we came back to them because they do great work, they’re affordable, and they’re very respective of our time and scheduling. This project turned out just as we had planned and everything looks great!

Description of Work
Exterior repairs on our deck

Category decks,woodworking,house painters

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. It means so much for us to hear that you are happy with the work we did.

08/10/2021

Denise and Ted M.

Our highest praise for John McCarter Construction! Their work is outstanding and performed on a timely basis. Customer satisfaction is a top priority, and they meet every expectation. All members of the McCarter Team are professional, pleasant, willing to help, and positive. You will be very pleased to work with John McCarter Construction for your project needs. Their prices are competitive, and they earn high marks for the quality of their work. A true 5-star company!

Description of Work
Installed James Hardie board on exterior of house and enclosed a porch

Category contractors,decks,remodeling,siding,replacement windows,woodworking

Thank you for your review! We love working with terrific customers like you and we are so happy you are pleased with our work.

10/14/2019

Lee D.

John McCarter Construction installed three entry doors and one sliding glass patio door (2016) in a house that I recently purchased. Don't hire these guys unless you want every door installed incorrectly!!! Patio sliding glass door had 1/4" gap under the full door so every time it rained, water leaked into the basement damaging the drywall and rotting out the subfloor along with the joists. They did not put caulk down before installing the door. They put OSI foam, then flashing on top of the foam then installed the door on top of the flashing thinking the foam would expand and seal the bottom of the door. One entry door was hung on an angle and was touching on the bottom seal while the top had a 1/2 gap between the door and seal. The other two doors, the striker plates were install incorrectly and the doors were not against the door seals. So every time it rained, water was coming in these doors also and rotten out the subfloor and door frames. They install windows and did not remove a down spout gutter to caulk the flashing. So they left one window with a 3/4" gap along the whole side. If the gutter backed up, water would run down the outside of the down spout into the gap between the flashing and siding getting water into the house. It's like dumb and dumber construction.... Bruce Ellis is totally useless and full of excuses of why this was not their fault. A good company stands behind their work and fixes any issues they created.... not this company...

Description of Work
Door and Windows

Category siding,replacement windows,doors

08/21/2019

Dhammika W.

I asked McCarter to remove the window frame made of cement since they did the siding. I did not want to trust anyone else for this work since it can be messed up easily. McCarter people came at the mutually agreed time and removed the frame. Then the glass was replaced by Henderson Glass. McCarter people came back later and put the frame and all the metal cladding back up again. No supervision was required. As usual, they did an excellent job.

Description of Work
Removing the window frame and put it back up

08/05/2019

TC H.

Outstanding! There are a few good pole barn builders in the market but, virtually none of them are interested in pole barn repairs, especially in the case of small jobs. John McCarter Construction, though, sent two knowledgeable and personal young men to do the job which made good business sense because I've already recommended them to others in the South Lyon area. Small jobs now = larger jobs later. Also, Amber is really great to work with.

Description of Work
Replace fascia and soffits on a pole barn.

Category siding

Thank you for your review! It is a pleasure working with you.

05/31/2019

Carole R.

Excellent. Justin the man they sent out did an excellent job and was very nice. He explained everything he was going to do. He completed the job in excellent time

Description of Work
Leaky riif

Category roofing,siding

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We really appreciate it!

05/30/2019

Stephen S.

Very happy with the work. They came out the day I decide to proceed with the project. The service worker Justin was great to work with. He came out knew what he needed to do, and answered all my questions. He was very polite and worked the entire time he was out a my home. I would definitely use them again for other projects.

Description of Work
Fixed a hole in my wood siding that had a birds nest in it.

Category siding

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your kind words!

04/24/2019

Chi M.

It was great working with John McCarter construction. I got their number after talking to my neighbor. I called them and they got back to be immediately to give me a ball park price and detail explanation on how they will bill me. Of course until they come and see exactly what's needed to be done will they have the exact price but they gave me all detail just so I know the labor and part cost needed. And how they bill about the hours of service. But gave me an idea how long it would take. So I would be comfortable with the price. After I agreed they got back to me to schedule a date and within few days everything was done. What I really liked; They said they will call me within couple days to schedule. And they did exactly that. when they called we scheduled a day and they said they will call again the day before. Again they did exactly what they said. The day before work they called to remind me and give me a window. I don't need to be there but their guy will be there to do the work will call me on that day before he comes. Again the guy calls me and let's me know he is on his way, since this work is outside I don't need to be there. He comes does his work and I come home everything looks good. I get the bill couple days later. It was so simple and clean and precise. I can't believe they did everything like they said... Is so hard to find any contractor to do what they tell you. I have met few luckily and I have met many that was very frustrating and I'm sure many people who reads review knows exactly what I'm talking about. Bottom line price was very fair. They did exactly what they told me. No surprises, very up front about the possibility cost. And they delivered what they told me. There communication is just amazing. You can bet I will be using them for all future work that I needed and they offer.

Description of Work
Exterior trim siding

03/14/2019

Kimberly S.

Service was great. They understood the need and repair was done as promised in a professional timely manner

Description of Work
Had wind damage to flashing near roof line

Category siding

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business!

02/08/2019

Mark B.

When they ran into issues ( water damage rotten wood ) quickly responded and repaired all issues beyond the original scope of the project and at a reasonable price

Description of Work
Rebuild of chimney and front parts of house

Category contractors,siding

North Pointe Painting

North Pointe Painting & Carpentry is a Full Service Painting And Carpentry Company that has been serving the Greater Metro Detroit Area since 1993 as a leader in the Interior and Exterior Painting Market. Our Professional Paint and Carpentry Crews are highly skilled and knowledgeable in Residential, Commercial, and Industrial Painting with over 25 Years of Experience in the Home Improvement Industry.

Offers by North Pointe Painting on Angi
    Walls N All Painting LLC

Along with great customer service we offer - complete interior & exterior painting, cabinet refinishing, staining of all woodwork and staircasings. Drywall repairs, light drywall installation, and pre-finished hardwood floor installations. Exterior wood and siding replacement. (About our company) We are a full service interior and exterior painting company. We offer Financing, FREE estimates, and price matching. The owner is a second generation painter after his grandfather. He have been in the industry for over 26 yrs. Customer satisfaction and quality is our highest priority. He will be the one that you talk to to set up the quote and the one you will meet with when the quote is given. We have a (Quality Control Manager) to insure the highest quality and superior customer satisfaction for every project. He will be in constant contact with you from start to finish. We can set you up with a color consultant to help you pick out your colors from the interior to the exterior. Our company has won the Angie's List super service award every year for over 10yrs. Call us to see why so many have hired our company and continue to use our services. 248-830-4779.

Offers by Walls N All Painting LLC on Angi
    Big Palm, LLC

We are a family owned and operated business specalize in general contracting. We offer a wide varitey of services and pride ourselves on superior workmanship and top notch customer service. Please reach out to us directly at 734-660-5159.

Visa, MasterCard, Check, Financing Available

Exterior remodeling, James Hardie siding, roofing, windows & doors.

Emergency service not offered.