JCJ Contracting Inc

Founded 1999 • With Angi since May 2010

773 W Michigan Ave

Saline, MI 48176

JCJ Contracting Inc is your one stop solution for any structurally related need of your home or office. We take care of everything from indoor to outdoor construction work, with an approachable, personable demeanor and no small measure of expertise and earnest craftsmanship. Whether you’re in the

07/02/2021

Jean G.

So far so good. Thanks to Cameron for working me in on short notice. Matt and Jake did a great job installing the kitchen cabinets. They were courteous, respectful, informative and efficient. Also, very well organized. Would hire again in a minute.

Description of Work
kitchen cabinets installed

09/23/2020

Taylor Y.

I cannot express how much my husband and I love everyone who works for JCJ. From the get-go, Cameron and Mike were incredibly helpful, punctual, and communicative about the what the process would entail. Tyler came out and did a fantastic job at the demolition. Matt went above and beyond with the cabinet install and not only was professional, but kind and efficient. Steve and Shalimar came out to do the final touches on our project and absolutely wowed us. Overall, if you’re looking for a reliable, professional, fair contracting company... this is it. We’ll never look for different contractors and are so thankful we’ve found JCJ!!!

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Category appliance repair, home remodeling

09/21/2020

Don C.

I would like to thank JCJ for the excellent service you and your team provided. I typically do all my home/auto repairs myself but on the few occasions that I have hired "professionals" something has always gone wrong. Which generally leads to me having regrets about not doing the project myself. However in this case everything was perfect. Mike arrived and provided me an estimate promptly after my request. The work was scheduled and your team arrived exactly when I was told they would without delay. The team done such a great job in the demo that the work was actually performed requiring less rebuild than was anticipated originally. Which brought the project in at a lower cost than what was originally quoted. Then you immediately updated the invoice to reflect those changes in cost without hesitating. Also I would like to add that the communication process was excellent throughout the process, I knew what was going to be done and when it would be done and what it would cost to do each item on the quote. There were no surprises (except the reduced cost) and the workmanship was FANTASTIC. Like I said I typically I do my own repairs but after this job was complete and Mike came by to look at the project, I asked him to give me a quote on some more work I would like JCJ to perform for me. I am looking forward to receiving that quote and working with your team even more in the future.

Description of Work
I had 2 picture windows leaking water on the front wall of my home which I did not realize until recently so the wood needed to be replaced under the siding due to water damage.

Category appliance repair, drywall, insulation, siding, water damage restoration, replacement windows

01/15/2018

Jevgenija M.

The process went smoothly initially with Cameron and then the Forman Jeff. We hit a couple of snags through the process but Jeff kept if informed of the issues and worked through them as quickly as possible. We were initially concerned of having renovations happening while we were living in the home but the crew made sure that the place clean every time they left and for the most part it didn’t impact our home. Now we have a beautiful master suite and couldn’t be happier.

Description of Work
We needed to turn two bedrooms into a master suite.

Category closet systems, drywall, home remodeling

Thank you for the great review! You and your husband have both been a pleasure to work with. It’s often frustrating to work with all of the things that can happen when remodeling an older home and you guys displayed extreme patience and understanding when dealing with our team. We’re extremely happy you have something to enjoy for many years to come and we look forward to working with you again soon!

10/30/2017

Dave L.

It went very well. Everything looks very good. In addition to realigning track for garage door, they lubricated and tightened rollers so that the door works better than it did before the damage to the wall. It took two guys most of two days.

Description of Work
One part of front of garage had been bashed in. Studs needed to be replaced or reinforced, exterior wood replaced, siding replaced. Interior drywall also needed to be replaced. In addition, track for garage door was out of alignment because of damage to wall, so that door only raised or lowered with difficulty.

Category contractors, remodeling, garage builders

03/24/2017

Gladys P.

I could go on and on on the type of quality we got, how easy Cameron and his crew are to work with, and how much more we got for our money. We solicited three other companies to bid our project and they couldn't touch Cameron on what he gave us for our money. He made our garage match our house from the custom paint job and the peak over the entry door to using the same siding. Our garage doesn't look like an after thought. I could write a book on our positive experience with JCJ Contracting. This I will say, Cameron is honest, has integrity, is a perfectionist, and he responds to any issues or concerns immediately. A big plus.... Cameron is more concerned with your satisfaction than your money (believe it or not) and actually stopped me from some things I wanted done that he felt was not cost effective or the right thing for us. I have found if Cameron isn't very flexible on something, that it is something I should not be doing! He is good at hand holding and giving honest feedback on ideas. My husband and I are so pleased with the service he provided, that we are having him do a kitchen and house remodel this year without getting bids from any other contractors. Cameron is competitively priced, does such a good job and is so easy to work with that my good family friend used him and now their kids are using him too. (Thanks, Cameron for a job well done.)

Description of Work
Our old, detached two-car garage and slab were demolished and rebuilt. Also our 12' concrete driveway was replaced. Nine trees were removed around the driveway and garage.

Category contractors, concrete repair, electrician, excavators, garage doors, lighting, remodeling, roofing, siding, garage builders, doors

01/17/2017

terri B.

The whole project was completed to my satisfaction. The staff were there on time and worked the entire time only breaking for lunch. Cleaned up any messes made. I could not have ask for anything better. I now have a bathroom to show off. I would definitely recommend this company.

Description of Work
Repair ceiling from prior leakage due to roof leaks. Replaced tub, vanity, fixtures, flooring, painting.

Category countertops, drywall, electrician, remodeling, water damage restoration, home remodeling, interior painters

12/28/2016

Megan S.

Work was great, such an exciting time to come home from work and find what had been updated or completed that day. Nice and professional team for everything completed at our residence! I would hire again in a heart beat!

Description of Work
We had our utility room renovated, a complete bathroom gut and remod, along with a 3' door replaced with a Patio Door off our back deck.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, siding, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

10/11/2016

Jason S.

My wife and I have used JCJ Contracting for several years on many different projects. They have done major projects for us such as a full kitchen remodel, master bathroom remodel, Laundry room remodel. They have always finished on time and within budget. We have always been completely happy with their work. Cameron and every person on his staff have been a true pleasure to work with. I have recommended them to my family and friends and will continue to do so in the future.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel, master bathroom remodel.

08/05/2016

Ron K.

During the past six years I have used JCJ Contracting for several projects at both my house and my mother-in-law's house. I have found that the company is easy to deal with and that they do quality work at a fair price. I recently bought a new house where I wanted to enlarge the kitchen and first floor bedroom. The house was built in 1927, so it was important to me that the new construction blended seamlessly with the old construction. Cameron Gunther the owner of JCJ was able to take my ideas and make them workable. He even provided some of his ideas which made my original plan better. During construction Cameron was always available to promptly answer any of my questions or concerns. The JCJ crew was always respectful and polite, and always left the job-site clean. When it was all over the house looked exactly as I had envisioned it in my mind. If there is another project in my future, I would not hesitate to call JCJ Contracting.

Description of Work
House addition

06/27/2016

frank D.

The provider performed to the best of his ability's.

Description of Work
Provider restored a brunt down restaurant to a beautiful place to dine with friends and family.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, gutter repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, siding, pavers, gravel, water damage restoration, woodworking, ceiling fans, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors

06/17/2016

Ching-shih Y.

I had an excellent experience with JCJ. It started from when Cameron came out to do the quote. I've had others come out before, but as I was describing what I'd like to do, Cameron pointed out other things that would come up as a result of the things I wanted to do. None of the other contractors thought that far ahead and was that detailed in their assessment of the work. JCJ's price was also one of the best. So based on my interaction with Cameron and their competitive pricing, I went with them. The two guys that came to work were really FAST. Cameron said it may take 2 weeks, but they finished in a week plus a morning. The guys that were working were great. I was doing some drywall patching myself on the side (not doing a good job of it...) and one of the guys gave me some pointers. When I watched him mud, I was amazed by the speed and quality of his work. They were also very flexible on working with me so that I could prime and paint behind the toilet before they installed it again. My bathroom turned out great, and for a very good price. I would definitely recommend these guys.

Description of Work
Broke down a wall between two rooms to create a larger room and rerouted the ducting in the wall, demoed old shower unit and tile wainscoting and built a new tile shower, replaced shower door, replaced vanity top with a quartz vanity top I provided, replaced vanity faucet and shower faucet, ripped out glued on mirror pieces and relocated light fixture box over the vanity.

06/09/2016

Horrible! Mr. Gunther was supposed to have been completed with his build by September 2014 so brick layers could follow him and complete project by mid November. After more delays and excuses from Mr. Gunther the project ran into February of 2015. Mr. Gunther did not use items that were quoted and replaced with the cheapest materials he could find. House was supposed to be trimmed out in A concrete hardi board material which I paid a $10,000.00 premium for. Mr Gunther substituted with the thinnest aluminum he could find, and then blamed it on his sales man. There was not one item Mr. Gunther had installed properly. Nothing was square, level or plumb. To date it has cost me $15,000.00 to repair what his company has done. Mr Gunther would not warranty any of his work. After suing Cameron I was only able to recoup $4450.00 of what was owed. As far as a craftsman or a man of his word Cameron is a failure.

Description of Work
Cameron was hired to build an 1100 square foot addition along with a 3 car garage.

Category closet systems, decks, remodeling, replacement windows, home builders, woodworking, home remodeling, doors

01/14/2015

Mike G.

I had to call and email several times just to get a quote. After meeting Cameron, I wouldn't have chosen him to do our work. He gave us a price for drywall repair, some electrical, windows and molding. We also wanted a quote for siding and a garage but he decided to bail out giving us a price for that as we chose other people for the other work. I've NEVER seen anyone NOT measure for molding and just pull a number out of their a** for it!!! While he did say he doesn't really bid on windows anymore, he said he could get us a cheaper price for windows. He claims it was the same product that renewal by andersen sells. NOT TRUE! I told renewal by andersen which window it was that he was quoting us and the window didn't even come close to what renewal was offering. The window he was offering is meant for the southwest and NOT in Michigan. What a waste of my time! UPDATE: I just read providers comments and everything written here is TRUE!!! He doesn't want elaborate because I AM RIGHT!! HE NEVER MEASURED FOR MOLDING NOR DID HE MEASURE FOR DRYWALL (HE ONLY MEASURED THE WINDOWS), AFTER WE DECIDED TO HIRE SOMEONE ELSE FOR THE OTHER JOBS HE WITHDREW FROM BIDDING THE OTHER PROJECTS(HAVE THE EMAIL TO PROVE IT!!!) I DID NOT BASH HIM OR HIS COMPANY! I STATED THE FACTS!!!!

Description of Work
estimate for work

Category drywall, electrician, remodeling, replacement windows

Dear sir, I'm sorry you feel that you should bash myself and my company because we decided to withdraw our bidding opportunity. Unfortunately your statements are demeaning and untrue. I don't feel that I should have to elaborate on why this is, nor should we have to counteract to the statements. Our reputation speaks for itself, and we didn't receive the Angie's List Super Service Award in 2013, and 2014 for conducting business in a manner in which you claim.

09/10/2014

John M.

Cameron is OUTSTANDING. Honest, caring, considerate, on time, keeps customer updated if delays (and there were very very few). Fantastic crew, VERY DETAIL based crew. No shortcuts, INCREDIBLE JOB. No concerns or worries with this crew. JCJ CONTRACTING/CAMERON is first rate. The best of the best. His staff, attention to details and quality of work sets the benchmark that all other contractors are measured against. The best there is. A+++++++++++++

Description of Work
Contractor built NEW construction garage, 6 car capacity, two floors. Existing slab used from previous garage, new construction from slab up.

Category remodeling, garage builders

08/14/2014

Chris B.

Cameron and team were great They were clean, professional and did great work. We had a few week delay when the lumber yard sent the wrong doors, but otherwise everything went without a hitch. They dealt well with change requests along the way and the project came out great. We love our new sunroom and look forward to JCJ refinishing our master bath next.

Description of Work
Built a custom sunroom.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor, remodeling, home remodeling

05/19/2014

Dina P.

They were terrific. The price was reasonable. They definitely came in and gave a very good offer. We were very impressed with the professionalism. They responded to phone call. They were able to troubleshoot immediately without problems. They was on the time frame that they said. They were great and I would definitely recommend them. Regarding quality, they were fine. I'll absolutely use them in the future. They were definitely excellent. It was kind of a shot in the dark using their service.

Description of Work
We used JCJ Contracting Inc for general remodeling.

12/15/2013

James R.

Water from our second floor bathtub leaked into the kitchen below. They replaced the wallboard etc, and finished by painting. They did an excellent job.

Description of Work

Category plumbing, water damage restoration, home remodeling

11/20/2013

Lori S.

Cameron is great to deal with - he answers phone calls and shows up when he says he will. We are very pleased with the quality of the work that was performed.

Description of Work
JCJ removed a wood burning fireplace and hearth in the basement and found an aesthetically pleasing alternative. They also coordinated carpet and baseboard molding replacement in the basement.

08/05/2013

Chris C.

Cameron was very helpful, on time, efficient, flexible, friendly, professional, and responsive. We are finalizing the details of the quote and plan to start construction in the next few weeks. After a year of looking for a qualified contractor (who didn't insist on building a mansion quality addition), JCJ was a refreshing discovery. They will be removing an exisiting attached garage and replacing it with a larger, 2 story attached garage. Integrating the utilities, stairs, HVAC, and architecture is no easy task, but they put us at ease.

Description of Work
Quote provided, service pending.

Category remodeling

Thanks for the wonderful comments (Member name removed)! I look forward to working with you and exceeding your expectations.

06/07/2013

James A.

This was our first experience with Cameron & JCJ Contracting Inc. and we are extremely pleased with the results and the way in which the work was done. Cameron is friendly, professional and punctual. This job took about 6 weeks which was the projected time frame and it came in at the estimated cost. Both the exterior and interior look great. Cameron did a fine job of working with us to ensure the exterior looks like it was part of the original house rather than an addition. The interior is very attractive and they finished everything up to and including the sub-floor as we wanted to install the porcelain tile floor ourselves. The only issue was the installation of the wrong skylight. Once this was pointed out Cameron quickly replaced it with the correct fixture. Both he & his crew took pains to attend to details and as questions came up, they were dealt with promptly. Inspections and permits were handled by Cameron. We needed approval from our subdivision's homeowner association before we could sign the contract with JCJ. Cameron was willing to do the drawings needed for the approval process for a fee which was then deducted from our bill. On-site work crew and sub-contractors were courteous and respectful. We will use this contractor again should we decide to do further work to our home.

Description of Work
JCJ Contracting Inc., 1740 Jewell Rd., Milan, MI 48160 - Cameron Guenther - built a 3-season room addition to our house in Spring 2013. The addition has a foundation, cathedral ceiling with skylight and 2 crossbeams, 11 windows and 2 doors. The interior door was part of the existing house. The exterior door opens onto a landing with stairs to the yard. Our new room replaced a deck with hot tub that JCJ also removed as part of the contracted work.

Category decks, pool cleaners, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, skylights, woodworking, doors, foundation repair

Thanks for the positive review (member name removed)! It was a pleasure working with both you and (name removed). I hope you'll keep us in mind for any needs you might have in the future.

05/10/2013

Gary L.

JCJ was extremely professional. called when he said he would, showed up when he said they would, and completed the job Quick, clean and on budget. this is a company to use.

Description of Work
Minor drywall repair, install lighting in kitchen, install tile back splash, grouted and sealed, painted kitchen, installed hardware on cabinets

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, drywall, lighting, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing

05/08/2013

Carel A.

Very well!. Bottom line: they deliver what they promise and we really enjoy the new bathroom. The Quote explained the work to be done (see description above) Cameron and crew is professional. They keep things reasonably orderly and clean-up each day. They are flexible with materials (they provide vs you provide). Work is completed reasonably close to the planned timing (except for unplanned delays). If the work was not done to our satisfaction, they took care of it without issues. No silly sales and marketing tactics.

Description of Work
JCJ remodeled a 9'x7' 1940's full bathroom. This was a full demo and replace with all walk-in shower, toilet, sink, exterior window, marble tile, Azek wainscoting, heated floor, etc. Details of remodel from the JCJ Quote: - Remove existing toilet, sink, tub, faucets, tile floor coverings, and tile wall coverings - Remove existing light fixtures and exhaust fan - Dispose of all construction debris - Open wall and frame in for recessed medicine cabinet - Install 1/2" cement board backer in wall and floor tile locations - Install concrete base shower floor pitched to drain - Install new shower faucet and trim Delta Leyland chrome - Install new wall tile in shower and ceiling of shower Hampton Carrara satin 3x6 - Install new floor tile in shower and bath floor Hampton Niles carrara basketweave with coordinating threshold with 6" white marble border in shower and bath floor, not in closet - Install 55" azek pvc wainscot with md 1048 basemold and 54-261 chair cap nosing on 3 walls of bathroom - Install 2 wall sconces restoration hardware dillon - Install new panasonic FV-11vhl2 whisperwarm exhaust fan with 1 lutron maestro countdown timer switch to fan, and new electric circuit - Install new outlet in linen closet and change existing plug to GFIC - Install new floor mat heat unit in traffic area with wall control and new electrical circuit - Install new restoration large cartwright recessed medicine cabinet - Install restoration hardware vintage hardware/ 4- 18" towel bars, 1 glass shelf, 1 towel ring, and 1 tissue holder in chrome finish - Install 3' stationary tempered glass panel from floor ceiling in shower, and Hampton Carrara shower curb - Install new pedestal sink kohler memoirs 27" with delta leyland chrome faucet - Install kohler memoirs 2 piece toilet white with matching seat - Patch walls and ceilings - Prime and paint walls and ceilings, interior of closet, trim and doors inside bathroom - Remove existing window and install new andersen replacement vinyl window with 6 lite panes top and bottom - Trim interior of new window

Category bathtub refinishing, custom cabinets, ceramic tile, closet systems, concrete repair, electrician, excavators, flooring contractor, glass repair, hardwood floor, plastering, plumbing, roofing, replacement windows, woodworking, ceiling fans, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing, doors

05/08/2013

Carel A.

Great. We love the garage. Many compliments. Bottom line: they delivered what they promised. Cameron was very flexible with quoting different options and helping me find traditional "barn siding" (seemingly rare in MI). The job was completed in a reasonable time frame. They handled all the permiting and inspections (and follow-up on issues with the City). No silly sales and marketing gimmicks. The crew is professional and fine for being around kids.

Description of Work
Demo of 1940's garage and replace with 24x48 custom wood garage (pole barn). This did not include the garage doors; I took care of these myself. Details from Quote: - Demo existing garage, footings, and dispose of debris - Build new 24'x 48' garage in new location next to existing drive - Install 4" concrete slab with 3000 psi and reinforced with steel grid matting - Garage to be built per specs provided, garage doors and labor provided by customer. Framed for 3 single car garage doors. - Garage to have 9' walls with 6x6 corner posts, 4x6 intermediate posts 8' on center, attic trusses on half of building and scissor trusses on other half with 10:12 pitch on exterior and 6:12 pitch on interior - roof sheathing to be 1/2" osb - Roofing to be 30 year architectural shingles with ice and water shield at eaves, #15 felt underlayment with continuous ridge vent - Garage to include 3- 3'x3' Jeld-Wen single hung vinyl windows, with grilles between glass, and 1-3' service door with 9 lite window - Install new electric sub-panel to garage from existing house electric supply - Install 4 exterior lights, 10 interior outlets, 6 overhead interior lights, and 1- 220v outlet - Install T&G rough pine vertical siding - Install trim boards at doors, windows, garage doors, corners and 6" overhang at eaves - Patch area in existing drive from electrical trenching - remove asphalt driveway and replace with 4" concrete.

Category concrete repair, electrician, glass repair, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, garage builders, woodworking

Thanks for the great compliments and review! I hope to work again with you in the future. (Member name removed) and yourself are ideal customers and we value your patronage!

09/13/2012

Anne S.

Went very well. Cameron came out soon after we contacted him to assess the work, and gave us an estimate when he said he would. He also followed up with us periodically as key pieces like the laminate for the countertop came in. He and his crew arrived punctually on the day they had scheduled with us, and finished the work during one long work day. We appreciated their willingness to stay late to finish up. Very pleasant, very professional. We would definitely work with them again.

Description of Work
JCJ replaced our kitchen counter top, repaired badly damaged plumbing in the kitchen sink, and installed (including making all the necessary connections, which hadn't existed before, a new dishwasher.

Category appliance repair, countertops, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

Thanks for the timely review (Member name removed)! It was a pleasure to provide our services.