Dennison Exterior Solutions & Gutter Toppers

Founded 2003 • With Angi since September 2009

Since 1975 the Dennison family has been protecting, enhancing and helping to increase the value of their customer’s homes with superior workmanship and top-notch service. Over 5,000 satisfied Roofing, Gutter Topper & Seamless Gutter customers, Members of the National, State & Local Home Builders Associations, Former Executive Board Member & Current Member of the Professional Roofers Advisory Council. We specialize in using products made and manufactured in the U.S.A....

Granger, Indiana - Roofing, Ventilation & Gutter Topper

+41 more images

gutter repair202149085
We installed the Class 4 Hail Resistant NorthGate Moire Black Lifetime Shingle, Labor & Material Warranty Shingle with new Seamless Gutters, Downspouts with Charcoal Lifetime Warranty Gutter Topper
Bertsch project

202149106

4.4

4.3

4.4

roofing (45)gutter repair (37)skylight installation (6)insulation (4)siding companies (3)

08/22/2022

Ron M.

Good installation, but extra product was taken away and now we would like rain chain removed and downspout installed and they want to charge me again for materials I already paid for - no thanks!! Also rescheduled several times, illness, rain, etc...

Description of Work
Entire house gutters and downspouts

Work Completed On 08/22/2022

I am sorry that the extra special order material - "you did not pay for nor were you ever charged for" was returned to the supplier and is no longer in our possession. The customer chose to have a Rain Chain installed instead of a traditional downspout as part of the original installation - we happily complied. However, now the customer wants the Rain Chain removed because it can not handle the heavy flow of water and a new downspout installed - for Free. My crew doesn't work for free. The supplier expects payment for the special order material. Nothing is actually Free.

07/09/2022

Brenda B.

I am very pleased with the work this company, they installed new Gutters, Downspouts and Gutter Covers to my home. The quality is good, a great value, done with professionalism and in a very timely manner. I recommend them to anyone in need of this kind of work on their homes.

Description of Work
Installation of Gutters, Downspouts and Gutter Covers

Work Completed On 06/28/2022

Thank you for choosing our company for your project. It is greatly appreciated.

01/17/2022

Chira J.

If 1/2 a star could be given I would.Gave start date for 2 weeks after down payment knowing they were booked out for almost a year.Owner Scott was unprofessional,rude,condescending and laughed about the situation.Told me I should be glad they were trying to get to it as if he was paying me.After so much disrespect I asked for a refund and he sent it to an unoccupied property and took well over a month to get it to me.Never started project is a bigot and boarder line racist.

Description of Work
New gutters all around

Work Completed On 01/10/2022

Review for Dennison Exterior Solutions & Gutter Toppers - 717 St. Joseph Drive, 266, Saint Joseph, MI - 39599394

Customer fails to tell the truth, made threats, was rude so we refunded in full their down payment. Customer knew we were booked 8 weeks out. The agreement stated 3 weeks not 2 however, Thanksgiving week and poor weather during the 3rd/4th week would not allow us to perform the installation within the 3 weeks. We gave the project our highest priority and sent a foreman to access the project and start in the 4th week however, the owner became rude and made threats in writing. As the owner I did not want to put my workers into that type of situation. The following day we mailed a full refund to the only address we had on file which was the address on the agreement not knowing that the home was actually vacant. The owner informed us of the correct address and we mailed the check the same day it was received back from the U.S. Postal Service. I wish to now address her last unfounded false statement that was written on the very day we celebrate one of America’s hero’s Dr. Martin Luther King proving that the customer did not learn anything from Dr. Kings teachings wherein Dr. King stated “I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.” And that we “one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.” The customer and I have never met and I could care less what the color of their skin is as I treat everyone with dignity and respect unless like they did in writing lied to me multiple times while making threats and then just as they did in several emails totally out of the blue made a new lie in their review making the ultimate insult anyone can possibly make. Over half of those I employ are a minority. I follow Dr. Kings teachings. Sadly, the customer does not.

10/26/2021

Bob S.

Exactly as expected. Estimate was just a few dollars different than insurance estimate. Professional presentation for estimate process. Installation crew was hard working, technically proficient and personable. Recommended Denison to many neighbors with similar hail damaged roofs. They are all pleased with the quality and workmanship.

Description of Work
Reroof home and detached garage

Category roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 09/01/2021

Thank you for your business and your neighbors business as it is greatly appreciated.

10/21/2021

Jeff T.

We thought Dennison Exteriors was very professional and communicated well. The quoting process was informative and the price was competitive with other established contractors. While there were some bumps in the road (current labor shortage, delays in material delivery, and bad weather), the crew was very helpful and Scott Dennison was responsive to all of our questions and concerns. I believe the quality of the work is very good and would go to them again for this sort of work.

Description of Work
Replace Roof and replace skylights.

Category roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 08/26/2021

08/03/2021

Chris B.

Found out six years after completion that work was not performed. $27,000 job, was to include proper ventilation. Scott Dennison, the owner of the company, sat in our kitchen and described in great detail the method he was going to use to ventilate our attic so that the roof warranty would be valid. During a recent renovation our contractor discovered that none of the venting was installed by Dennison Roofing. Zero. This was a surprise, as it was a significant portion of the original roofing project cost. Dennison has been really unpleasant to deal with on the follow-up. Now I'm paying for someone to spray-foam insulate our roof from the inside, correcting a problem I already paid thousands of dollars to Dennison to originally solve. His sales presentation is excellent. Haven't felt this duped in a long, long time.

Description of Work
Roofing and ventilation

Work Completed On 07/15/2015

Homeowner discovers less than 2% of the project that was not visible to anyone at the time to verify did not get completed 6 years later and we offered to fix it at no cost to the homeowner. One part of the main attic has insulation mounted to the underside of the roof deck. Insulation baffles should have been installed during the roofing process to correct the negligence of a previous homeowner. We have offered to correct the problem without a response from the homeowner. This did not affect the existing warranty and as of today 98% of the project was completed as agreed to.

11/30/2020

Robyn W.

Dennison Exterior Solutions & Gutter Toppers was a great company to work with. They had the best price for the products I choose to use. They had multiple options for leaf guards and explained the plus and minus of each option. Every employee took the time to explain exactly what was going to happen to my house. All emails and phone calls were returned very quickly. I couldn't be happier with the finished products. I am very happy to never clean leaves and pine needles out of my gutters again.

Description of Work
Soffit, Facia, Gutters and Gutter Topper

Work Completed On 11/18/2020

Review for Dennison Exterior Solutions & Gutter Toppers - 717 St. Joseph Drive, 266, Saint Joseph, MI - 39059135

Thank you for choosing our company for the installation of your aluminum soffit & fascia, new seamless gutters, downspouts and the installation of Gutter Topper all with a lifetime of the home warranty.

10/22/2020

Eric G.

Just had these guys over to install gutter toppers and everything went great. They showed up within their arrival window and finished the instillation efficiently. As a part of the instillation they cleaned and inspected the gutters and downspouts at no extra charge. When you give them a call they will send out someone to measure, pick colors and provide an estimate. At that point, if you want to proceed, you give 50% down and they will order the gutter toppers. It took about five weeks to process and then they scheduled the instillation. All in all the instillation at our home took about five hours, but everything looks great.

Description of Work
Gutter Topper Instillation

Work Completed On 10/08/2020

Thank you for your nice review.

09/24/2020

Daniel L.

We had Dennison Exterior Solutions do a roof replacement on our house. Their response to our request for the roof replacement was prompt and very professional. Scott provided a number of options and gave us estimates for all of them. The cost of the roof project was right on the estimate he provided for the option we chose. Dennison’s roofing crew did an excellent job on the old roof removal and installation of the new shingles. They protected all of the landscape during the installation and cleaned up everything after the roofing was completed. Our communication with Scott and the roofing crew was excellent before and during our roof project. We are very pleased with our new roof.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Work Completed On 09/15/2020

Thank you for your nice review.

08/24/2020

BILL C.

Everything was performed to my great satisfaction. I had them do my soffits, facia and gutters 15 years ago so I already knew how good their work was. The level of quality and professional work has only gotten better.

Description of Work
porch roof removal and replacement, Guttertopper installed on house and garage

Work Completed On 08/11/2020

08/19/2020

Anne K.

The salesman was kind and knowledgable. He showed me materials, explained ventilation, and looked in the attic and at each of my areas of concern. The details were written on a one page checklist document which streamlined my job and helped me follow that items were done as described. I was able to schedule the work after my funds were released from a CD at the bank - it was within a short time after making my downpayment on the work. All details were completed before my final check was written. The head guy on the team was kind, skilled, and had a good sense of humor. Stressors for me - small glitches or adding to the project - were handled. I speak Spanish however was not confident of the communication when the leader was not on site. The house and garage were finished in 2 days. A few odds and ends were completed within the next few days and I couldn't be happier. The roof is in place, my home is snug and beautiful.

Description of Work
I needed roofs on my home and garage. A soffit repaired, and a gutter installed.

Work Completed On 07/22/2020

Review for Dennison Exterior Solutions & Gutter Toppers - 717 St. Joseph Drive, 266, Saint Joseph, MI - 38823167

08/18/2020

Donovan C.

I own a 13 year old home, and my roof issues began in Fall 2019 when I began to notice several leaks. I began to call local roofers, and had several come out, the leaks were repaired, but all of them suggested that my roof needed to be replaced and was nearing it’s useful life. When Spring 2020 rolled around, I began to search for a company that could replace my roof. While conducting my research, a friend referred me to a local home inspector to obtain his opinion on my roof (replace vs additional repairs). This inspector suggested I contact Dennison Exterior Solutions as they had a great reputation in the area, and he personally had good things to say about them. At about the same time, I began to research my options for a warranty claim on my shingles as they had been shedding granules since I moved into the house. When I began to look around on the Certainteed web site, I noticed that Dennison was listed as the top contractor in my area, so that reassured me I was on the right track. Early one morning, I called the office number for Dennison and left a voicemail message. At the end of the message, it provided an email address to contact Scott Dennison (Owner). I left a voicemail message and immediately sent an email to Scott. Literally within minutes of me sending Scott the email, I received a response from him. We exchanged a few emails and he advised that he would have his office contact me to schedule a visit/inspection. Later that day, Amy contacted me to arrange a visit. The initial visit was set up and as the appointment approached, I received a phone text message reminding me of the visit and asking me to acknowledge the appointment. These are the reasons YOU should select Dennison Exterior Solutions to replace your roof: 1 - All presale visits were on time and took place as planned - not rushed, thorough Dennison was one of the few roofing companies that actually went into my attic for an inspection, and provided a thorough solution to my problem 2 - As part of the estimate preparation, a drone was used to take high definition photos of my roof, these photos were used during the sales presentation 3 - Throughout the entire process, I was able to communicate with Scott Dennison via email, his responses were close to immediate 4 - As part of the contractor selection process, I asked Scott for references of customers who had their roof replaced as well as active roof replacement jobs. We called all of the references, and visited several active jobs. All references advised us that once they met with Scott to review his estimate, they proceeded with the work 5 - There is no viable comparison when it comes to cost estimates. Scott’s presentation was very detailed, specific and thorough. During the sales presentation, he had samples of the vents and products he was planning on using on our project. Again, solving our problem 6 - Scott advised us that the reason our shingles have failed was due to poor ventilation and possibly poor insulation. All rooms in our home have cathedral ceilings which are not accessible via the attic. Scott ensured that his team would remove roof sheathing in each section of the roof to inspect the ventilation and insulation. Problem SOLVED 7 - Every detail that Scott went over with us during the sales presentation ACTUALLY took place when the roof work was being done. The sales packet included exhibits that illustrated how the drip edge would be installed as an example 8 - We decided to award the work to Dennison Exterior Solutions at the end of Scott’s sales presentation. We were blown away by the level of detail, knowledge and experience. Scott even took the time to review possible additional costs items that were not part of the estimate (replacement of damaged wood sheathing, insulation, etc) 9 - At the end of the sales presentation, Scott told us that it would be between 4-8 weeks before the work on our roof would begin, but told us he would share a web page with us where we could monitor the “ranking” of when our job would start 10 - About a week after signing with Scott, we received an email alerting us that the work may start sooner than he anticipated. Sure enough, the work started within about 10 days of signing the contract. EVERYTHING that Scott told us would happen actually happened: A - The supplies were delivered on time B - The crew showed up on time everyday C - The crew cleaned up my yard and protected my shrubs - there was no damage to my property D - The crew followed the detailed installation instructions of ice and water shield, drip edge, shingles, ridge and vent caps as detailed in the sales presentation - this solved my problem The crew removed one sheet of roof sheathing in every section of my roof to inspect the ventilation and insulation. Lucky for me, the builder had done both properly E - The crew replaced rotten wood as needed and allowed me to inspect the damaged wood F - The crew took pictures of all of the work they completed - before and after G - The crew answered all of my questions and were friendly and professional H - The crew met with me each day to review the work ahead for that day I - Scott was the only roofing company that submitted a thorough solution to address the root cause of my problem. SAVE YOURSELF TIME, GO WITH DENNISON, YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. Sincerely, Donovan Cartwright

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Work Completed On 08/10/2020

Thank you for your detailed review.

07/17/2020

DEBRA G.

Everything went well. The crew arrived on time and hardly took a break throughout their 12-hour day. The clean-up was near perfect as I did find a few nails in my landscaping (but not the lawn or driveway). It was rained several times since the install and there are no leaks and the gutters are working perfectly. I paid the extra to have the "needle guard" installed on my gutters as I get needles from my neighbors pine trees - and now there are no needles or debris cluttering up my gutters. Scott Dennison, and his sales rep Sam Edge, were both very professional and were both quick to address any of my concerns or questions. I highly recommend the company!

Description of Work
Roof replacement and gutter with toppers installation

Work Completed On 06/05/2020

Thank you for your kind words and your business. We strive to exceed expectations.

07/02/2020

Rick M.

Tom and his crew were friendly and respectful. They completed the job and made sure the grounds were clean before leaving.

Description of Work
New gutters and gutter topper

Work Completed On 07/01/2020

Thank you for your business.

06/20/2020

Elizabeth L.

So happy with the roofing job. Extremely professional company from start to finish. They quotes I received were very detailed, and caught all of the improvements that our home inspector suggested. They communicated well about the necessary delays due to COVID, performed the work exactly as described, and left the job site clean. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 05/23/2020

Thank you for your kind words and we appreciate your business.

05/16/2020

Russ S.

The work was completed promptly after the State allowed work to start. The initial inspection identified an improper installation about 20+ years go. The roofers installed new decking, an improved ventilation system and an external vent for the bathroom vent fan. The crew kept the job site clean as well a keeping us informed about progress.

Description of Work
Replace Roof

Work Completed On 05/09/2020

Thank you for doing business with my company - your kind words are appreciated.

02/04/2020

Carl H.

When I discovered our old roof was leaking I made calls to numerous roofing contractors. Scott Dennison was the first of only two contractors to return my call. When he arrived to inspect the roof his inspection was extremely thorough involving interior and exterior inspections of the roof, ladders were involved, an examination of the property looking at things like landscaping that needed protecting and there was even a drone that allowed for excellent aerial photos of the roof Scott used as he walked my wife and I through the entire process. He pointed out the obvious roof problems as well as a number of problems that weren't so obvious, explained the necessity of proper roof ventilation and walked us through our options while answering all the questions we threw at him. We also talked with the other contractor but we ultimately decided to go with Dennison Exterior Solutions. It's important to note that Dennison was the more expensive of the two but it seemed to us that Scott knew what he was talking about and seemed very concerned with ensuring our roofing project met the highest standards. The pitch is one thing, delivering is another and I don't mind telling you, I was nervous as I headed out of town to go back to work. My wife would be home alone overseeing the roofing project. I trust my wife in these types of situations but Dennison was an unknown at this point. Turns out...there was no need to worry. Scott assigned Luis and his crew to our roof and those guys were total professionals! Our roof was expertly installed in short order and looks beautiful! Luis made sure my wife was updated on every aspect of the job as it progressed and when the roof was done they spent days cleaning up and ensuring there was no trash of any kind on the property. My wife is a retired manager and is not easily impressed but Luis and his crew impressed her so much she bought gift cards for each of them to thank them for their hard work (I've been married to the woman for over 30 years and have never seen her do that!). Once the roof was on it was time for the Gutter Topper team to move in and those guys had the new gutters and toppers up in a matter of days. The backstory on the Gutter Toppers is: during our first winter in Michigan I noticed there were HUGE icicles hanging from the roof over the front door so my ears pricked up when Scott mentioned there was a heat option available on the Gutter Toppers. We went for it and thus far we have not seen a single icicle anywhere on our roofline (nor is there a single leaf in our gutters so far). We are very pleased with the products and services provided by Dennison Exterior Solutions and whole-heartedly recommend them to anyone needing a roofing contractor.

Description of Work
New roof and gutters

Work Completed On 12/19/2019

Review for Dennison Exterior Solutions & Gutter Toppers - 717 St. Joseph Drive, 266, Saint Joseph, MI - 38368294

02/03/2020

Amanda B.

Everything was performed in a timely matter. Any questions I had were answered. The entire process was explained. The quality of the roof was too notch.

Description of Work
New Roofing

Work Completed On 12/15/2019

08/06/2019

Kathy T.

It went great. I was impressed with Scott’s presentation so, that I decided not to get more estimates. Scott was always punctual, checked in by emails, came by and checked during the work, and after to inspect the job. The crews were great. Done in two days. Very happy with this important investment into my home! Trusted his word, you can too. Glad I did.

Description of Work
New roof, gutters & downspouts, reattach toppers

Work Completed On 07/30/2019

Review for Dennison Exterior Solutions & Gutter Toppers - 717 St. Joseph Drive, 266, Saint Joseph, MI - 38028399

07/19/2019

Barbara M.

Look no further if you want expertise, quality, dedicated daily crew, every day cleanup and attention to detail and value. We are very particular so for us to be satisfied says a lot. Scott is the most knowledgeable roofer you would ever find. We had four other people out and no one informed us our shingle warranty would not be valid as we had inadequate venting, for which he provided a solution. Dennison also upgraded our attic insulation, replaced the skylights and instaleld Gutter Toppers. We highly recommend Dennison Exterior Solutions, without reservation!

Description of Work
Roof, skylights, gutter toppers

Category insulation, roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 07/08/2019

07/12/2019

Robert S.

Everything went smoothly. Deadlines were met and the work was thorough and well done. Appointments were honored. Scott was friendly, knowledgeable, and professional.

Description of Work
Replacement roof on lake house

Category insulation, roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 05/15/2019

07/22/2018

Steve B.

Scott and his team were completely professional. All of the work that Scott detailed during our initial meeting concerning the replacement of the roof was completed in a timely manner. The costs were exactly as Scott quoted. The team that did the installation was professional, friendly and did an excellent job during the installation and cleanup after the work was done. The new roof looks great!

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Work Completed On 07/07/2018