Speese Painting Co., LLC

Founded 1977 • With Angi since September 2006

10615 Northland Dr NE

Rockford, MI 49341

Speese Painting Co was established in 1977, specializing in providing the highest quality painting services for fine residential homes and businesses in the Grand Rapids area. Our painters take time to provide you with an accurate estimate, and prepare your home or business properly for painting. We use high quality materials and expert techniques to complete the job on time with no mess....

06/13/2019

Leo D.

Although Speese is a little more expensive, the workmanship and quality is worth it. The painter, Jason, did an excellent job in matching paint and making all the repairs to cracks. Jason takes pride in his work and his attention to detail is exceptional. We had a previous painter which just painted over the flaws, but Jason takes the time to fix the problem. When the job is finished it looks absolutely great. The paint matched perfectly and the problems were fixed. We are extremely happy we chose Speese.

Description of Work
We had a roof leak which stained the ceiling in our living room. We also had some cracks that developed due to the house settling which needed repaired, as well as other minor paint work.

10/12/2018

Cornelius & Neal P.

This was one of the best contractor experiences I've ever had. Everything was first class. The man who did the work did it beautifully. He also accidentally cracked the glass top of our deck table. He immediately told me and apologized profusely. More, he must have told his supervisor the same day because early the next work day I got a call from the supervisor, who also apologized profusely and removed $200 from the bill as compensation. Spees handled everything so well. They are now my go-to painters.

Description of Work
I needed my deck cleaned, sanded, and stained.

Category deck cleaning,pressure washing

08/04/2017

Leo D.

Speese exceeded our expectations, and did an excellent job. Although we had other painting companies bid on the project, none were very specific as to the preparation work that was needed, except for Speese. We were fortunate that Speese took the time and care to make sure that the exterior siding was properly washed, rotten trim was discovered, replaced, and everything was properly caulked & primed before painting. In fact, the carpenter took the time to fix the trim work to ensure proper drainage of water in the future. I also had a small wall crack inside our garage which has been there since we purchased the house, and they repaired and painted, which now looks great The painting was done by hand and not by a sprayer, which was great. We feel better today that our house was properly taken care of with Speese on the job. The crew that worked on the house were professional in every manner, on time, and clearly communicated daily as to what was going on. We believe we got value for the money spent, especially for all of the preparation and detailed work that was necessary. We would definitely hire them again to do any painting or pressure washing.

Description of Work
We had our entire exterior of the house painted, which included replacing of some rotten trim which was neglected by another painter the last time before we purchased the house seven years ago.

Category contractors,gutter cleaning,plastering,pressure washing,house painters

05/17/2017

Pat C.

The weather played some tricks on us at first with temperatures below freezing in the mornings. The crew worked through this well and we now have a great paint job on the front of our home. The deck took a lot of stain after being power washed and now is looking great too. The crew was attentive to details and kept us up-to-date on what was going on every day. They acted as though it was their home and were particular as to all stages of the work, including clean-up. We were very pleased with the results.

Description of Work
Power washed and prepped the wood surfaces on the front of our home, and stained our deck.

Category deck cleaning,pressure washing,house painters

10/10/2016

A W.

They showed up on time for the estimate, we walked through my wants on the project. They provided a line by line estimate of the work. I agreed to what I wanted and they came and did the work exactly as specified, did a great job and were completely professional. Bravo!

Description of Work
I needed some carpentry work done on a soffet and touch up paint on some exterior paint on my home

Category contractors,house painters

06/16/2016

Michelle S.

The work was exceptional. Dave, the owner has an amazing customer focus and employs only highly skilled painters. They were easy to communicate with regarding timelines and details about the work and very respectful of our home.

Description of Work
Interior painting including repairing minor damages.

03/14/2016

Dianne W.

Very well. We have Speese in the past and will continue to use them as needed.

Description of Work
Painted the kitchen

10/30/2015

Debbie S.

Our first experience with Dave Speese and his crew was in late summer 2013. They painted the exterior of our house, a Tudor-style structure with a variety of surfaces and a lot of trim. It had not been painted in about a dozen years and was in rough shape in many areas. We were very impressed by how thorough and meticulous Dave's crew was in prepping everything properly. They carefully powerwashed all of the siding, trim, and doors (the service doors as well as the garage doors) and expertly replaced all damaged wood and stucco board before beginning to paint. They worked steadily over the course of a week or so, putting in full days and cleaning up neatly at the end of each workday. We were so pleased with the results on the outside of our house that we soon hired Dave to do some interior work on our master bedroom and another bedroom and bath. That was followed in 2014 by our kitchen and dinette. These jobs involved removing lots of old wallpaper that had been applied incorrectly and therefore did not come off easily. The task was an extremely tedious and challenging one, but Dave's crew did a wonderful job of skillfully scraping off every square inch of old wallpaper and paste and then skim-coating the walls to make them suitable for painting. We look at them now and can't believe the transformation--they are so smooth that no one would ever know they had once been wallpapered. In 2015 we hired Speese Painting to paint our master bathroom. This again involved working on walls that had once been wallpapered; some had already been patched and re-drywalled following a remodeling project. We had also replaced some windows in the room, and the new frames and casings were all bare wood and intricately layered. The job was time-consuming and very detailed, and once again Dave's crew did a spectacular job, especially with the window trim. It turned out beautifully--much better-looking than the stained wood we had been considering. For both the exterior and interior work, Dave's crew (including John, Brandon, Tim, James, and Teddy) are the nicest and most professional gentlemen we have ever dealt with in the twenty-five years we have lived in our home. Dave Speese has ensured that they adhere to very high standards in all they do. They are always courteous and respectful. They are very punctual or, if they are experiencing a delay of some kind, they let you know as soon as possible and give you an idea of when they expect to arrive. They are strongly committed to making the job go as quickly and as neatly as possible to minimize disruptions to your daily life. Also striking is the sense of personal pride they take in the work they do--it's easy to tell that not only do they want their customer to be satisfied, they want to be pleased with the results as well. As far as we're concerned, Speese Painting epitomizes the old adage, "You get what you pay for." You will probably spend a few dollars more, but the entire painting experience from beginning to end is well worth the investment. We would hire Speese Painting again without hesitation!

Description of Work
Exterior and interior patching and painting; interior wallpaper removal and patching/skim-coating.

Category contractors,drywall,plastering,wallpaper removal,wallpaper,pressure washing,house painters,interior painters

06/12/2015

Pamela F.

I called for to schedule interior painting services, and spoke to the office manager. He told me right away that unless I was a previous customer, I needed keep looking around for another company, because they were too busy to help me and so was every other contractor in my town. He didn't even let me inquire about their services or anything. Several times, he cut me off, as I was talking. I thought it was a really sad way to treat a potentially awesome customer.

Description of Work
The provider did nothing, they would not even let me ask about my job.

12/03/2014

Tim W.

Outstanding !! Dave Speece came out to survey the situation twice, did research on the product, and took a personal interest in the outcome. His people were so prompt that Icould "set my watch " by them each of the three days. The overall craftsmanship, cleanliness, and attention to detail exceeded my expectations. " Top Professional " is the only way to describe Speece Painting. Have already recommended them to a friend, and when (not if ) my spouse decides to change the color of our walls....... I will only make one call..... To Dave Speece.

Description of Work
Very unique project spraying new, high tech sound reduction material onto interior walls.

Colorful Home Painting Services

I specialize in painting the interior and exterior of residential homes, apartments, condominium etc. FREE ESTIMATE! (305) 546-0541

NexGen Remediation

NexGen Remediation is a 24/7 restoration company serving Grand Rapids, MI and surrounding areas. NexGen remediation guarantees the best solutions to mold remediation and water damage Grand Rapids, MI citizens can trust. NexGen Remediation offers the #1 structural drying and water damage restoration Grand Rapids citizens can rely on 24/7. NexGen Remediations provides the best disinfecting services and mold remediation Grand Rapids and surrounding areas has to offer. Ask about our Military and Senior discounts.

Bradner Cleaning LLC

Hi! My name is Timothy with Bradner Cleaning LLC. I operate a owner-operator window cleaning business for both residential and commercial properties. I offer a specialized quote to residential customers and veterans! Check out all the services I offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

2104204363
    Michigan
    State of Michigan
    05/31/2018

Painting Contractor, Interior Painting, Exterior Painting, Commercial Painting, Residential Painting, Deck Re-Finishing, Wood Staining, Faux Painting, Drywall Repair, Plaster Repair, Wallpaper Removal, Popcorn Ceiling Removal, Power Washing, Epoxy Flooring