A & S Unlimited Heating & Cooling

Founded 1968 • With Angi since August 2006

1663 E Auburn Rd

Rochester, MI 48307

Alternate Business Name: Airelect, Inc. Complaint free company. All furnace, AC, humidifier, filter, thermostat & water heater brands are serviced including, Bryant, Carrier, Payne, Day & Night, Trane, American Standard, Amana, Lenox, Goodman, Frigidaire, Rheem, Rudd, Maytag, A O Smith, Bradford White, Utica, Weil Mclain, Lochinvar, Honeywell, Aprilaire, White Rodgers, General, Skuttle, Comfortmaker, Arco-air, Heil, Indigo, Janitrol and more. Certified technicians available. See website for coupon, service areas & other details....

08/21/2020

ryan P.

Dwayne and his team have been servicing my HVAC needs for a few years now and I find them very professional, honest and timely. From installing a new heater in the dead of winter when mine died to consulting on some new air duct work, their service has been top notch!

Description of Work
New Heater & Air Duct consulting

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

04/07/2016

Robert F.

Description of Work
replaced high efficiency hot water heater. Job was well done. Had a vibration in exhaust duct that they came back and fixed.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

11/18/2014

David V.

09/20/2013

Patricia L.

The technician arrived on time and began the service visit. He worked outdoors for quite some time. He informed me that the contact switch was old and was full of grass and bugs. He could replace it with a sealed unit . I agreed to the replacement. The outdoor water was not turned on and he said he would go to the basement and turn it on. Several minutes later I realized that I had not heard the water in the pipes and ventured down to the basement. The technician was in the opposite end of the basement, and startled me when he appeared behind me. I was VERY unnerved. I immediately directed him to the water inlet and he was completely flustered and disorientated with the water pipes. He went back outside muttering something about running a hose from another faucet. The system was not turned on!!! I turned it on and informed him. He completed the job. I paid the bill of $391 and called Aand S as soon as he left my house. Duane was not immediately available, but did get back to me within a couple of hours. I relayed my concerns to him in detail. I also told him that I am not somebody that gets upset or nervous very often and this had disturbed me greatly. My concern at this point was to make him aware of this occurrence. I did not request or require any more. Two months later the A/C unit became stuck in the ON position. I did not call Aand S due to my previous experience. Another company responded to my call and upon opening the unit found that it had not been cleaned. I took photos showing the coils before and after cleaning and also of left over pieces of wire and connectors inside the unit. The new contact switch that was only two months old had failed and the capacitor had now failed also. The cost of this repair was $292.90. After a brief conversation with Angie at Aand S, I forwarded the photos and she said that she would forward to Duane. I did not get a reply. I resent the photos attached to an email outlining my displeasure at having to have the new parts replaced again and the fact that the unit had not been cleaned in the first instance. I described the technician as incompetent. Duane did now respond and wrote that and quot;if that was the case your air conditioner would not have been working when he left. When he was at your home he was new with our company and a little nervous but has been in the industry for many years.and quot; He has refused to take responsibility for this appalling service and has refused any form of compensation for the workmanship or failed parts. Total cost $683.90 If you want a and quot;nervousand quot; workman in your house, go ahead and hire Aand S.

Description of Work
A/C Service

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

(Member name removed), I do remember you calling regarding how you felt when Al was at your home. I also remember telling you that should you have any problems we have other techs and will note in our system not to send Al to your home. Two months of hot weather with cottonwood season can build up some dirt, you chose to call another service company rather than calling us when you had a problem, that was your decision. As printed on your invoice "30 day limited warranty on service and labor, 90 day limited warranty on parts". Had you called us, you probably would have paid no additional charges if contactor was the problem, manufacture has -5- year part warranty on solid state contactor and as far as dirt on coil, we could have done a quick rinse off for you at no additional charge. As far as your comment that Al was incompetent, if that was the case your air conditioner would not have been working when he left. When he was at your home he was new with our company and a little nervous but has been in the industry for many years. As a service tech myself, it is a lot easier to turn on the water in someone's home when they can show you where it is. searching and following pipes to find valve is not always easy. bottom line, you chose to call someone else, also in our records I see where you tried this before back in September of 1998. One of our best tech's George performed your furnace tune up and replaced your air cleaner and humidifier pad, you called the next day wanting a refund. sincerely, Dwayne zysek president A&S Unlimited Heating & Cooling

05/28/2013

Matt S.

Very professional, clean workers. High level of craftsmanship.

Description of Work
Installed new furnace and central air units

04/17/2013

Milo F.

They did very well. I had to repair a furnace. The machinery was obsolete and he couldn't repair so he recommended a new high efficiency furnace. Within three days he had the furnace here and he installed it. It is fine. He did what he said he was going to do. He looked around for a couple of other things that needed minor repairs and did them. He replaced a couple of gas stoves, replaced the stack on the water heater which was too small according to code and mended the furnace so that it wouldn't be using in house air and put in a better filter system. He did that all in less than a day. He was very up and very quick. They were very efficient and the guy was extremely polite.

Description of Work
I used A & S Unlimited Heating & Cooling for installing a new furnace.

02/27/2013

Eleanor M. Z.

I have used this company 2 times a year for the last several years and they have been great! They are promt and efficient.

Description of Work
Tune up of Heating and A/C.

11/14/2011

Christy C.

Very Very Well!

Description of Work
Repaired Air Conditioning Unit.

06/02/2011

Eleanor M. Z.

I have no promblems with them. They do little extra things that you wouldn't expect a company to do.

Description of Work
They do my winter and spring check up for my furnace and air conditioner. They also put in my furnace and air conditioner.

05/25/2011

Great!

Description of Work
Technician came for the spring examination of our heating and cooling system. What a great guy. We have never had any serviceman so thorough and professional as the man who does our work. He inspected our furnaces and air conditioners, replaced any parts necessary, and cleaned each unit. As in the past, we could move the furnaces and air units into the formal living room after he was done. This man is so trustworthy that he is the only service person we would trust to be in our home alone.

04/09/2011

sandy G.

bad,did not diagnose the problem well, and ripped me off

Description of Work
changed furnace gas valve

12/19/2010

DONALD L.

These guys are great. Always professional and friendly. Always on time. Never a problem. I especially like that when I call and need an appointment or anything, you get the owner who recognizes who you are.

Description of Work
Used A&S several years ago for a full replacement of all HVAC (furnace, air compressor, water heater). They were fair, fast and communicative. They spotted a safety hazard that could have been a real problem. Since that time I have retained them an a service plan for HVAC spring and fall.

12/16/2010

ANN D.

They were fine. They were just a bit more priced than I thought they would be. I did get 3 other estimates and they were higher priced. I am still making a decision on who to go with. They were pleasant and explained what they needed to do but there were some modifications that they would have to do which may have required them to do more work and then cost a bit more. It was for a high efficiency unit.

Description of Work
They gave us an estimate for a new furnace.

12/16/2010

Ray S.

They came when they said they would and their repair was satisfactory.

Description of Work
They came out to do a repair on the furnace.

12/08/2010

Very good

Description of Work
This report covers two calls. 1) In response to a problem with one of our air conditioners, the serviceman analyzed the problem and got the air conditioner running. He discovered that a wire was cut and replaced it. Interestingly, the wire had been cut by Consumers Power and they paid for all repairs. 2) We brought the company back to clean and make some modifications our furnaces. This was done very professionaly and at a cost that I believe was lower than our previous supplier would have charged. Most important, when the serviceman left the job, the furnaces were as clean as my formal living room. He left them as if they were his own.

08/11/2010

Mark M.

Our air conditioning unit died during the hottest days in July. A and S responded promptly with an estimate. Another company gave a similar estimate but couldn't do the work until the late the following week. We selected A and S and they started installation the next day. Two days later we were enjoying cool air once again. The guys were great, very professional and courteous. We also replaced the furnace at the same time. I would definitely recommend A and S.

Description of Work
Replaced air conditioning system and furnace.

05/26/2010

JOHN M.

It went very well. Analysis and repair took about an hour. Most time was taken inspecting the electrical system. The problem was in this part of the system and was repaired by pulling in a new wire from the outside.

Description of Work
Our air conditioner would not start. I looked up A&S Heating and Cooling on Angies list. After a call, the A&S repairman came to the house in about 5 hours. He was very careful in his analysis of the problem and fixed the air conditioner.

04/27/2010

Eleanor M. Z.

They do a complete check of the air-conditioner. They give me a list and it is very thorough. I had other companies but they never did as much as this company does. They do what they have to do and they check whatever has to be checked. I know it doesn't have Freon but it has a coolant and he charged that. Whatever had to be done he was here by the hour. I have had them for about 4 years and I am very pleased with them. They installed my furnace and also installed the air-conditioner. I like their workmanship and their promptness. They come when you call. I have respiratory problems, so if my air-conditioner or the furnace goes off, they are here. They respond very quickly. Compared to what I had, they are a little bit more reasonable.

Description of Work
A & S Unlimited Heating & Cooling came out to check my air-conditioning. They washed the outside of the compressor and also checked the furnace.

12/16/2009

Linda W.

I call him because it is difficult to put the filter in the new furnace. However, he and his team do it for free. They do the service once a year. They are very expensive.

Description of Work
I use A & S Unlimited Heating & Cooling. They replaced my furnace and the air conditioning. The last time they came out as eight months ago.

08/04/2009

Cynthia B.

Excellent - We will call them when again when we need air conditioner service.

Description of Work
Helped us diagnose and cure the problem over the phone at no charge. Very nice and professional. All that was needed was to change the batteries in the thermostat.

05/12/2009

Carol C.

I have used Aand S since I bought my house about 5 years ago. I had a major problem right during winter and found that Aand S were the ones that installed the system years earlier, prior owners. The actual owner came out on a Sunday fixed the problem and even helped me out with warrenty claim. From that point on I have used them for my yearly cleanings both with my furnance and air conditioner.

Description of Work
Cleaning of furnance and replacement of filters

02/04/2009

Jeff G.

The technician showed up on time, ran the 24 volts to the thermostat using an existing wire so they didn't have to charge me to run a new wire. They inspected the furnace installation done by another contractor that I was unhappy with. They found several wires on the terminal block that were not screwed down and fixed them. The installer had installed an ugly transformer on the outside of my nice new furnace. Aand S pointed out it was unnecessary as the furnace supplies the lower voltage power for the humidifer, internally, making the transformer unnecessary. The removed the transformer and connected the humidifier to the internal wire. Most importantly, they found the thermostat was configured incorrectly, meaning my two stage furnace was operating as a single stage furnace. They corrected this and my furnace immediately performed much better. I like to ask a lot of questions and the technician was more than happy to answer them. I watched him work and he was very thorough and detail oriented. I highly recommend Aand S.

Description of Work
I had them inspect a furnace installation performed by another contractor and run 24 volt power to my furnace so I could use the backlight.

10/20/2006

KIM S.

The service rep was on time and professional in attitude. He answered all my questions (and I ask a lot of questions!), and gave tips for getting the most from our furnace. He even fixed a cabinet door in my laundry room when he went in there to rinse a filter out. We paid for an annual maintenance plan which includes cleaning of A/C and heating at the beginning of each season. I believe the plan was about $180, so about $90 per visit, plus the cost of filters that need replaced.

Description of Work
Furnace inspection and cleaning.

08/07/2006

KEITH M.

They are excellent people, on time, and cooperative.

Description of Work
They put in a new a/c for us and service our furnace and a/c.

Hydro Clean of Michigan

Hydro Clean of Michigan provides professional strength air duct cleaning using a truck mounted negative air pressure system. In fact, this system is powerful enough to lift a cinder block! 16,000 cfm! Our system, expertise, and attention to detail will make your vents some of the cleanest air ducts in Metro Detroit. We’ll show you the difference in your ducts with before and after camera inspections. I learned the business working for the largest company in the state, slowly saving up to start my own company. I invested in the best commercial-grade equipment that I trained on so I can give myself an edge, knowing I am more thorough then most of my coworkers were. The pandemic has been tough on everyone’s business. Let me prove to you that experience counts. My work speaks for itself. Just ask me for referrals. I will match and beat any price for a job done with similar hardware. If you find a quote for half the price, you will get half the quality most likely. A lot of Air Duct companies don’t invest in the right equipment (negative air pressure system) Your HVAC unit is spewing dusty air. Nearly all of them are. Give me a call and you can take a breath of fresh air. 248-497-6464. Professionally trained and fully insured.

AMISTEE AIR DUCT CLEANING & INSULATION

Our specialty is quality, professional air duct cleaning, and insulation services with the very best equipment in the industry. We use state of the art vacuum trucks specifically made for duct cleaning. These trucks pull an amazing 17,000 cubic feet of air per minute, removing dust, allergens, debris and pet dander from your duct system. We're committed to doing right by our customers. See for yourself and call us today at (248) 349-8877 or visit us online at www.amistee.com!

Offers by AMISTEE AIR DUCT CLEANING & INSULATION on Angi
    Acme Ventilation Cleaning

We provide quality air duct cleaning service using NADCA certified equipment. We are a family owned and operated local business since 2012. We take pride in our work, and treat your home as if it were our own. Call us today at (586) 306-8972 to schedule your next air duct cleaning service!

New equipment only
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Residential & Commercial Air Conditioner Repairs, Furnace Repairs, Air Conditioner Replacements, Furnace Replacements, Service, Maintenance, Air Cleaners, Humidifiers, Water Heaters, Thermostat, Filter, Air Cleaners, Air Purifiers, Ductwork, Solar.