Mandarino Construction

Michigan
Michigan: Contractors

67101 Brian Dr

Ray, MI 48096

My name is Brad White, President of Mandarino Construction. I’m a proud owner, operator and family man serving Metro Detroit with experienced and high-quality concrete construction for your home, business, or industrial plant. My family-owned concrete business provides trusted, high-quality workmanship for any size job, big or small, and you can always count on more-than-fair pricing and high-integrity business....

concrete repair (28)concrete driveways (21)Patios (5)mudjacking (3)home builder (3)stamped concrete (1)masonry (1)

08/26/2021

Manny G.

I waited a month and they failed to contact me. I moved on to hire someone else and I would not recommend this company.

Description of Work
I emailed them and messaged them both through the Angi website regarding getting a concrete slab quote.

Category concrete repair,home appliances

Work Completed On 08/26/2021

Hi [Member Name Removed], I apologize that I wasn't able to connect with you. I did reach out to you, however when I call the number provided on Angie's List, I get a message stating that the number has been "changed or disconnected". You may want to verify the number provided. However, we do not do shed pads, I am sorry that we were not able to be of service to you. Renee Mandarino Construction

10/11/2020

Rajiv A.

Great work by Mandarino Construction, and they had the lowest quote. They also honored their quote from February, even though I didn't give them the go-ahead until April and they didn't start until October. They were fully aware of my city's codes, applied for the the building permit and scheduled the open-form inspection before pouring. They knew all of the things I either didn't know or didn't think to ask, such as a 4-foot depth under the front stoop. The concrete is nice and even with the garage and the street, and is graded to guide water away from the house in all directions.

Description of Work
Concrete Removal & Replacement

Category concrete repair,concrete driveways,masonry,patios

Work Completed On 10/05/2020

Review for Mandarino Construction - 67101 Brian Dr, Ray, MI - 38939770

06/15/2020

Lisa S.

Everyone we dealt with at this company was very nice - the owner, the office, the team onsite. They were on time and did good work. Would definitely recommend them!

Description of Work
Driveway repair and new patio

Category concrete repair,concrete driveways,home builders,patios

Work Completed On 06/12/2020

Thank you we appreciate the business!!

07/27/2019

Kevin L.

Before purchase the deal listed in Angieslist, I left message in web and called Mandarino for cost and timing. My home is about 13 miles away from his office location. The office called back and asked the size of the job (around 350sqft), and then they informed me that they do not do the job in our area. Please keep in mind they only do the job within 12 miles of their office.

Description of Work
Driveway extension and ribbon

Category concrete driveways

I’m sorry we didn’t service your area but we do have a 10 mile radius for residential work. Unfortunately there is no way that Angie’s list can determine the costumers that call us sorry for the inconvenience.

05/12/2019

Cathy K.

Excellent! Brad and his crew were absolutely the best. Great job, very neat and orderly, nice people to deal with. We have already recommended them to other's who are considering having cement work done as we know they won't be disappointed.

Description of Work
Tear out & replacement of driveway & walkway, expansion of driveway.

Work Completed On 05/10/2019

Thank you for the business we really appreciate it. Enjoy the new driveway

05/06/2019

James W.

I paid $18,150 for 2 concrete driveways. Definitely not the cheapest bid so I expected a top notch experience. Unfortunately it was far from that. This was 10 times more stressful than it should have been. The foreman was very difficult to deal with through the job. This company does not subscribe to "the customer is always right" philosophy. It was a huge ordeal whenever an issue arose. We had one of the driveways drawn up to be a certain way but the forms were completely different and the driveway was going to be zig-zagged. The foreman spoke to me like I was crazy to want the driveway we agreed on in writing. And the way he had the forms set looked ridiculous. Stevie Wonder would not have liked it. The foreman argued with me about how I was wrong and how much work it would be to remove the forms. I said this isn’t what I want or what we agreed on. Thankfully John then showed up and helped us fix the situation and the forms were moved. The cement has huge drop-offs in 2 places and I feel they should have told me how bad the drop offs would be. No one likes extra costs but for what I paid I wanted it done right. But unfortunately it's not right. There's giant dips where the new concrete meets the old and I was not aware that would be the case. Before a job is done it should be gone over with the customer to make sure they know what to expect and what should be done to make it look the way it should. I am just a homeowner I have never had concrete poured so I didn't know what to look for. They also did a concrete job across the street from me at the same time. I actually got them that job. They finished that job first and had extra concrete left over. So instead of just dumping the concrete somewhere, they decided to start the sidewalk in front of my house. Well by the time the new batch of concrete arrived, the old concrete had begun to harden so when they brushed the sidewalk, the old was too dry to brush and they had to force it and it looks noticeably different. While preparing the base for my driveway they dumped a bunch of rocks on my lawn as well as a bunch of cement. I've been working on fixing the damage to my lawn for months. One spot on the sidewalk looks like they used a twig to make the expansion joint. The company they hired to saw cut the curb for my new driveway screwed up while sawing and they carved a chunk out of the street in front of my driveway’s approach. The underground drain had to be dug up and re-positioned because it was too high. The concrete is done and it does the job but for what I paid I expected higher quality and better service. I would not hire this company again.

Description of Work
2 new driveways

Category concrete driveways,home builders

Work Completed On 05/14/2020

Review for Mandarino Construction - 67101 Brian Dr, Ray, MI - 38564822

04/26/2019

Jeanette M.

New garage floor looks great. Great group of guys, very professional, hard working and fast! Job performed quicker than expected. Very happy with the overall outcome... Thank you!

Description of Work
Replaced Cement Garage Floor

Category concrete repair

Work Completed On 04/11/2019

Thank you we really appreciate the business

09/03/2018

MARY M.

Mandarino Construction did a terrific job! We are very pleased with driveway. They were prompt, professional, pleasant and available to answer all questions. I would highly recommend!

Description of Work
Remove and Replace Driveway

Work Completed On 07/16/2018

07/11/2018

DEAN T.

Great work by team. Made contact 2 months before job began. Worked out a scheduled date range with the team at that time. The 3 person crew came in, started the digging and frame of the driveway on a saturday morning. They were done about 1 pm (70 ft long, 3 ft wide). On Monday morning the concrete laying crew came in. Poured the concrete, leveled it out and were done in a few hours. About 2 weeks later, came n again and used tar to fill in the cracks in a few areas between “sections” of concrete. Great job with the team, communication and execution.

Description of Work
Widening of concrete driveway

Work Completed On 06/11/2018

04/15/2018

Kris S.

We hired mandarino construction to redo our driveway and were extreamly pleased!! Start to finish they did an excellent job. Brad and his crew were neat, clean and very professional. The job was completed in a very timely manner. We couldn't be happier with our decision, we would highly recommend them for any concrete project.

Description of Work
Concrete work

Work Completed On 10/02/2017

Review for Mandarino Construction - 67101 Brian Dr, Ray, MI - 36982056

CONCRETE POURING & REPAIR, DRIVEWAYS, PATIOS, SIDEWALKS, STEPS, PARKING LOTS, FOR RESIDENTIAL & COMMERCIAL

We do not offer Mud-Jacking.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check