Mandarino Construction

Founded 2006 • With Angi since August 2012

My name is Brad White, President of Mandarino Construction. I’m a proud owner, operator and family man serving Metro Detroit with experienced and high-quality concrete construction for your home, business, or industrial plant. My family-owned concrete business provides trusted, high-quality

concrete repair (28)concrete driveways (22)Patios (5)mudjacking (3)home builder (3)stamped concrete (1)masonry (1)

09/23/2022

Tom M.

Never had a better contractor, whose bid was quite fair, substantially below others. Crew worked very hard, in well organized fashion. Work finished in two days, excellent cleanup. Would highly recommend!

Description of Work
Driveway replacement

Work Completed On 06/15/2022

08/26/2021

Manny G.

I waited a month and they failed to contact me. I moved on to hire someone else and I would not recommend this company.

Description of Work
I emailed them and messaged them both through the Angi website regarding getting a concrete slab quote.

Category concrete repair, home appliances

Work Completed On 08/26/2021

Hi [Member Name Removed], I apologize that I wasn't able to connect with you. I did reach out to you, however when I call the number provided on Angie's List, I get a message stating that the number has been "changed or disconnected". You may want to verify the number provided. However, we do not do shed pads, I am sorry that we were not able to be of service to you. Renee Mandarino Construction

10/11/2020

Rajiv A.

Great work by Mandarino Construction, and they had the lowest quote. They also honored their quote from February, even though I didn't give them the go-ahead until April and they didn't start until October. They were fully aware of my city's codes, applied for the the building permit and scheduled the open-form inspection before pouring. They knew all of the things I either didn't know or didn't think to ask, such as a 4-foot depth under the front stoop. The concrete is nice and even with the garage and the street, and is graded to guide water away from the house in all directions.

Description of Work
Concrete Removal & Replacement

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, masonry, patios

Work Completed On 10/05/2020

Review for Mandarino Construction - 67101 Brian Dr, Ray, MI - 38939770

06/15/2020

Lisa S.

Everyone we dealt with at this company was very nice - the owner, the office, the team onsite. They were on time and did good work. Would definitely recommend them!

Description of Work
Driveway repair and new patio

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, home builders, patios

Work Completed On 06/12/2020

Thank you we appreciate the business!!

07/27/2019

Kevin L.

Before purchase the deal listed in Angieslist, I left message in web and called Mandarino for cost and timing. My home is about 13 miles away from his office location. The office called back and asked the size of the job (around 350sqft), and then they informed me that they do not do the job in our area. Please keep in mind they only do the job within 12 miles of their office.

Description of Work
Driveway extension and ribbon

Category concrete driveways

I’m sorry we didn’t service your area but we do have a 10 mile radius for residential work. Unfortunately there is no way that Angie’s list can determine the costumers that call us sorry for the inconvenience.

05/12/2019

Cathy K.

Excellent! Brad and his crew were absolutely the best. Great job, very neat and orderly, nice people to deal with. We have already recommended them to other's who are considering having cement work done as we know they won't be disappointed.

Description of Work
Tear out & replacement of driveway & walkway, expansion of driveway.

Work Completed On 05/10/2019

Thank you for the business we really appreciate it. Enjoy the new driveway

05/06/2019

James W.

I paid $18,150 for 2 concrete driveways. Definitely not the cheapest bid so I expected a top notch experience. Unfortunately it was far from that. This was 10 times more stressful than it should have been. The foreman was very difficult to deal with through the job. This company does not subscribe to "the customer is always right" philosophy. It was a huge ordeal whenever an issue arose. We had one of the driveways drawn up to be a certain way but the forms were completely different and the driveway was going to be zig-zagged. The foreman spoke to me like I was crazy to want the driveway we agreed on in writing. And the way he had the forms set looked ridiculous. Stevie Wonder would not have liked it. The foreman argued with me about how I was wrong and how much work it would be to remove the forms. I said this isn’t what I want or what we agreed on. Thankfully John then showed up and helped us fix the situation and the forms were moved. The cement has huge drop-offs in 2 places and I feel they should have told me how bad the drop offs would be. No one likes extra costs but for what I paid I wanted it done right. But unfortunately it's not right. There's giant dips where the new concrete meets the old and I was not aware that would be the case. Before a job is done it should be gone over with the customer to make sure they know what to expect and what should be done to make it look the way it should. I am just a homeowner I have never had concrete poured so I didn't know what to look for. They also did a concrete job across the street from me at the same time. I actually got them that job. They finished that job first and had extra concrete left over. So instead of just dumping the concrete somewhere, they decided to start the sidewalk in front of my house. Well by the time the new batch of concrete arrived, the old concrete had begun to harden so when they brushed the sidewalk, the old was too dry to brush and they had to force it and it looks noticeably different. While preparing the base for my driveway they dumped a bunch of rocks on my lawn as well as a bunch of cement. I've been working on fixing the damage to my lawn for months. One spot on the sidewalk looks like they used a twig to make the expansion joint. The company they hired to saw cut the curb for my new driveway screwed up while sawing and they carved a chunk out of the street in front of my driveway’s approach. The underground drain had to be dug up and re-positioned because it was too high. The concrete is done and it does the job but for what I paid I expected higher quality and better service. I would not hire this company again.

Description of Work
2 new driveways

Category concrete driveways, home builders

Work Completed On 05/14/2020

Review for Mandarino Construction - 67101 Brian Dr, Ray, MI - 38564822

04/26/2019

Jeanette M.

New garage floor looks great. Great group of guys, very professional, hard working and fast! Job performed quicker than expected. Very happy with the overall outcome... Thank you!

Description of Work
Replaced Cement Garage Floor

Work Completed On 04/11/2019

Thank you we really appreciate the business

09/03/2018

MARY M.

Mandarino Construction did a terrific job! We are very pleased with driveway. They were prompt, professional, pleasant and available to answer all questions. I would highly recommend!

Description of Work
Remove and Replace Driveway

Work Completed On 07/16/2018

07/11/2018

Dean T.

Great work by team. Made contact 2 months before job began. Worked out a scheduled date range with the team at that time. The 3 person crew came in, started the digging and frame of the driveway on a saturday morning. They were done about 1 pm (70 ft long, 3 ft wide). On Monday morning the concrete laying crew came in. Poured the concrete, leveled it out and were done in a few hours. About 2 weeks later, came n again and used tar to fill in the cracks in a few areas between “sections” of concrete. Great job with the team, communication and execution.

Description of Work
Widening of concrete driveway

Work Completed On 06/11/2018

04/15/2018

Kris S.

We hired mandarino construction to redo our driveway and were extreamly pleased!! Start to finish they did an excellent job. Brad and his crew were neat, clean and very professional. The job was completed in a very timely manner. We couldn't be happier with our decision, we would highly recommend them for any concrete project.

Description of Work
Concrete work

Work Completed On 10/02/2017

Review for Mandarino Construction - 67101 Brian Dr, Ray, MI - 36982056

11/02/2017

ANTHONY G.

They were honest and sincere. Whenever I had a question they were honest iwth me, gave me full details, didn't hold anything back. They also put in a culvert under the driveway and did a very good job all the way around.

Description of Work
New cement driveway and cement slap for storage shed

Work Completed On 11/02/2017

09/11/2017

Michael C.

They were prompt even tho I had to delay them twice because another contractor failed miserably at their task and set me back 3 weeks. But once I got them out of the way Mandarino immediately got on the job and had it ripped out and repoured within 3 days and that's with a 1 day rain delay.

Description of Work
Removed and poured a new driveway as well as replaced a few city sidewalk slabs.

Work Completed On 08/28/2017

08/27/2017

George K.

Good pricing, Very good communication and services performed as promised. All the guys they sent out to do the work were very professional and both owners were either on the job or stopped by to check in. Will recommend to others and would use again

Description of Work
Hired Brad and Frank for a new spa slab and to mud jack level a section of concrete by out front porch.

Category concrete repair, mudjacking

Work Completed On 08/25/2017

08/04/2017

Mike P.

Although it was a very large driveway with thicker concrete than normal the crew had no problem placing all the concrete in 1 day. They really worked together as a team and were pleasant to deal with. The 50ft sidewalk from the driveway to the front entrance was sort of S shaped, I asked them to make the curves look graceful. They did. Brad White is easy to work with and I am very satisfied with the work. I would use Mandarino Construction again.

Description of Work
Remove existing pavement and put in new driveway and walkway. Total new pavement was approximately 4,000sqft with 5inch deep steel reinforced 4,000psi concrete.

Work Completed On 08/04/2017

Thank you [Member Name Removed]it was our pleasure we appreciate the business

03/03/2017

Mary H.

From start to finish Brad and his team did an amazing job. The work was tougher than expected with 2 levels of old concrete patio to tear out. The finished work was beautiful and was extremely complemented when I had my first summer party in June of last year. I would recommend Brad for any concrete (or any other construction needs) work, both personally and commercially. Thank you so much to Brad and Mandarino Construction!

Description of Work
Brad and his team removed a wood deck and removed 2 concrete patios underneath the deck. He poured a new stamped-concrete patio.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, home builders, mudjacking, stamped concrete, patios

Work Completed On 06/01/2016

Review for Mandarino Construction - 67101 Brian Dr, Ray, MI - 34555681

11/28/2016

Kostas H.

Excellent crew, punctual, and professional. Quick responses to our calls however, we are still waiting for our written receipt on the work.

Description of Work
Replace concrete driveway.

Work Completed On 10/24/2016

Review for Mandarino Construction - 67101 Brian Dr, Ray, MI - 34007079

06/20/2016

Rick T.

Brad White from Mandarino Construction gave a same-day estimate after our meeting. He and his crew arrived early on day one and worked till late afternoon to break up and remove our old cracking driveway and lay a steel mesh ground foundation.. On day two, they again arrived early and repaved and surfaced brand new concrete. A day or two after that, the crew completed cutting spacer lines in the concrete and replaced the temporarily removed sod. They also did a great job cleaning up the entire site. Reasonably priced (including Angie's List discount), this company earned it's high members' list rating. Several neighbors have since asked me for their card. I would use this company again.

Description of Work
Removed all old concrete and repaved residential driveway and partway into garage.

Work Completed On 06/07/2016

06/14/2016

Jan M.

The job went well.Brad and his crew showed up on time with complete courtesy and got the job done. I have had many compliments since which speaks volumes to the fine work completed.

Description of Work
Brad, the owner provided me with an extremely competitive quote to remove my old driveway and rep,ace with with a new driveway and expand it

Work Completed On 05/06/2016

03/20/2016

MARIAN L.

The work will be completed in May, no later than the 31st of the month, per our contract. Details to follow completion.

Description of Work
On March 15th I met with Brad, the owner, and contracted with his company to remove and replace my current patio.

Category concrete repair, patios

Work Completed On 03/15/2016

09/11/2015

Bonnie H.

Excellent! Brad at Mandarino Construction accepted my small job when other companies turned it down. Work was completed when promised in a very professional manner. Chris and his team were awesome. I will definitely hire Mandarino Construction again and also highly recommend them to family, friends and neighbors. Thank-you so much!

Description of Work
Replaced three sections of my driveway that were a safety hazard to my elderly Mother and small dog.

Work Completed On 09/09/2015

07/23/2015

Sherri D.

From start to finish Brad and his team were the definition of professional, polite and thorough. I contacted Brad back in late April, he promptly came out and gave me an estimate which I accepted on April 27. Although I had an estimate for less money and faster delivery, I had a good feeling about Brad from the estimating session - he just seemed like a straight-shooter who said what he meant and meant what he said. My gut instinct became reality when they started digging up my patio on July 21 ... and promptly ran into an issue. The previous owner of my home had apparently had the patio and walkway reinforced with rebar that was also welded! (Rebar is the stuff they put in commercial / industrial projects like roads and parking lots ... !). I know people who've had contractors walk away from projects that went south like this ... Brad adjusted his plan from breaking it up by sledgehammer to using a bobcat and by 6pm the patio and most of the sidewalk were gone. They came back and finished the job, including pouring the cement and adding the underground gutters the next day. Brad also had to work around a plumber who had to replace a drain line from my sump pump into the yard. I appreciated that because it saved me time/money with the plumber since the patio was already dug up. To sum it up - I would definitely use Mandarino Construction again and I recommend them without any reservation.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced patio and walkway from driveway back to patio and added underground gutters.

Work Completed On 07/22/2015

05/08/2015

Rajeev S.

Brad from Mandarino constructions has a very professional team . He promptly responded when we initially requested a quote and when we expressed the desire to get the project done sooner, he was amazing and sneaked us into his busy calender and completely our project quickly albeit thoroughly. He and his team worked diligently and completed the work in a timely fashion. We are extremely happy with the results and strongly recommend them fr all your construction needs. We will surely hire them again if and when needed.

Description of Work
Patio construction

Work Completed On 05/05/2015