Vangoye Home Improvement

Founded 2005 • With Angi since November 2011

1075 S Peach Ct

Plainwell, MI 49080

We are a Home improvement company that can do all aspects of building. We can build from the ground up or remodel your existing structure. Basements are a great inexpensive way to add living space to your home. Call and ask for a free estimate....

08/02/2022

James B.

Very happy with the entire process. Communication was great and Eric even brought Reggie to house the day before the job started to introduce him so I knew who to expect in the morning. Reggie and Cole were great. They took special care to respect my home and did incredible work. My wife and I couldn't be more pleased with the finished product.

Description of Work
New kitchen tile backsplash

Category ceramic tile

12/04/2017

Nicole F.

I called a few places for quotes. The first person to get back to me was Eric from Vangoye Home Improvement. It turned out that I was outside of their service area, but Eric took the time to listen to what my problem was. He then gave me the names of the products I needed and the steps I could take to fix it myself, as the problem wasn't as big or difficult as I originally thought. Not only will I be able to knock out this project in a weekend, it ended up saving me close to $300.

Description of Work
I thought I needed my sub floor replaced.

Category contractors, remodeling

03/07/2017

Scott W.

Called three times, left multiple messages and never heard back from him.

Description of Work
Called to request a quote to have some work done in my basement.

12/20/2016

Kelly P.

I called and left a message for this contractor and did not receive a call back.

Description of Work
I need wall build outs in my dining room

Category woodworking

03/16/2016

Jean H.

Description of Work
Redid bath terribly damaged by water. Involved installing new lam beam to shore up shower wall. Treated my project as if they were the owners! Could not ask for better people.

Category decks, drywall, electrician, garage doors, handyman service, insulation, siding, woodworking

03/04/2016

gerald Z.

Eric was prompt and on-time for the initial visit and job quote. His team of Russell and Dan continued the excellent communication with me throughout the 4 day schedule. Since they were working at another job site, they contacted me daily on their availability and when they would be at my house. They were on-time if not early everyday!. Russell is a true professional and explained the schedule of events as well as patiently listened to my many many homeowner questions regarding drywall repair :-). To summarize the Vangoye experience: Prompt, courteous, and professional.

Description of Work
Small drywall repair of three specific water damaged areas: A 15 foot outside corner with some bubbled areas to include a 3 foot tape pop, a 5" hole repair and a 4 foot section of popcorn ceiling that had a tape pop. They removed all the damaged areas, installed a drywall patch for the hole, and installed and set new tape where required. The outside corner was intact and did not need removal. The main problem was that it was not level with the ceiling on initial installation 20 years ago. They required 4 trips one for removal of damaged areas and tape setting, 2 more trips to apply additional feather coats of mud, and final trip for light sanding. Russell taped and mudded the entire 15 foot corner and brought it back to level with ceiling like it should've been done by the original installers. A job well done

Category drywall, remodeling

02/01/2016

virginia K.

Description of Work
Free estimate. Work was well done. Very nice people. Hope to use them again!

11/28/2015

John H.

Eric (owner) and Russ were great! Eric gave me a quote and generally seemed interested in the job and me as well. I received quotes from other companies, and they treated me like a number and did not seem interested in even doing the work. Ultimately, Eric and Russ were able to complete the work on time and it looked great. The pricing was within reason based on what was completed and the quality of work. I would recommend to anybody looking to finish their basement or remodel home! I feel bad for the delay in this review, as I stopped my Angie's List subscription and forgot to leave a positive review.

Description of Work
Finished basement by completing drywall, and installing drywall ceiling and framing.

Category drywall, remodeling, basement remodeling

10/14/2015

Cynthia M.

Description of Work
Very collaborative team. Professional and pleasant in all interactions. Quality workmanship. Some project delays due to vendor delay in shipping materials and weather (it was an indoor/outdoor project). Otherwise, all went very well!

08/18/2015

Kenny B.

Perfect. Shelving is still holding strong. Professional. Honest & Trustworthy. Right on time. Finished on time. Will call again in the future.

Description of Work
Built shelving in a trailer

Category drywall, woodworking

02/10/2015

Jean H.

Eric and his wonderful crew brought this bath back to life. Water had damaged not only the bath walls, but also the supports in basement. He took out and replaced studs, beams, backer board, and floor boards. Then installed tile floor and all new fixtures. I felt he treated my home as he would his own home, considering all work from the owner's viewpoint. I plan to use his company again in the future. Have recommended him to neighbors in historic district.

Description of Work
Total bathroom teardown , rebuild. Major water damage mitigated.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, lighting, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

12/31/2014

Scott M.

Eric and his crew were awesome!! The work they did for us was outstanding! We would hire them to do home improvements for us again anytime!! Fantastic and quality work!

Description of Work
Tiling of entry way/kitchen/laundry/half bath

10/30/2014

jean R.

Description of Work
Remodeled kitchen and two bathrooms. Super great to work with. Eric is the best contractor around!

Category ceramic tile, drywall, garage doors, handyman service, insulation, siding, interior painters, basement remodeling

06/27/2014

Nancy K.

It went very well. Efficient, energetic and excellent in his trade.

Description of Work
extensive remodeling of lake house

02/04/2014

Steven C.

Category remodeling

09/25/2013

diane Z.

repair done on time. Work was perfect. price was below insurance estimate

Description of Work
repaired ceiling drywall from ice build up on roof. Also provided estimates for repair of roof

07/09/2013

Nancy H.

Excellent!

Description of Work
House and garage paint and restoration

06/21/2013

Michelle K.

Prompt, professional. Finished the job before expected!

Description of Work
Deck

Category decks

04/23/2013

Mike J.

Needed the subfloor replace. We had hired another company to install vinyl floor in bathroom. When they got to the subfloor they left saying we needed to get a contractor. Called VanGoeye talked to Eric and explained our problem. He was out first thing Monday morning (it is our only bathroom). He went right to work and within four hours was done and cleaned up. Price was within what he had quoted. He was through and explained what he was doing at every step. Very professional and customer oriented company.Can't go wrong with this company. I certainly plan on using him again.

Description of Work
Replaced subfloor in bathroom. Removed and reinstalled stool.

Category home remodeling

02/13/2013

Nancy K.

Eric helped me redo an older lake home. He found things that even the home inspector overlooked. Several rooms were gutted and redone.

Description of Work
Eric Van Goeye has been my go-to handy person for almost 10 years. He has helped me renovate three houses, the last involving gutting and rebuilding several rooms. He has the ability to do many types of reconstruction, repair, restoring and redecorating. He is fair in price, does quality work and is very dependable. There are very few aspects of the job that are not in his realm of expertise, and if this should happen, he calls upon other reliable individuals to assist. He is friendly, fun and easy to work with in all situations. I highly recommend him and his team.

Category ceramic tile, decks, drywall, picture framing, garage doors, handyman service, insulation, plastering, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, pressure washing, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

10/19/2012

Rachelle H.

Eric and his crew were always very punctual and courteous. They showed up when they said they would and if they weren't able to come by on a certain day we always knew ahead of time. Drywall is a dusty undertaking and they did their best to keep that to a minimum as much as they could. They cleaned up nicely after themselves and were courteous enough to put down tarps to cover the carpeted areas where they would walk. The quality of the work is excellent. I have had people come to my house and ask right away who did the work. I am very satisfied with the work performed and would hire them again for any future jobs I might have.

Description of Work
Eric and his crew put up drywall and finished it (tape, mud, sand). They also corrected some structural things - bulkhead and stairwell - to bring things up to code and to make a more aesthetically pleasing appearance.

Category drywall, remodeling, basement remodeling

01/06/2012

Nancy K.

Overall, everything was excellent. He is prompt, reasonably priced, and does excellent work.

Description of Work
I used him for remodeling work.

Category decks, drywall, remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling

11/09/2011

Bruce R.

We got a quote from several companies, and went with VanGoye. They pulled the permits, did the design, and purchased all materials and did the work themselves, No sub contractors were used. The build went very smoothly.

Description of Work
We had a Pole barn (24 x 30 w 12'walls) built by VanGoeye Home Improvement. From quote to end build, we wer kept involved and informed.I would recommend this company for many home improvements. Design - Permit pull - inspections build final

Category garage builders