Metropolitan Tree Inc.

Founded 1967 • With Angi since May 2010

1090 CROUP RD

Ortonville, MI 48462

Metropolitan Tree Inc. has been serving the area for over 50 years with skilled climbers, man power, aerial lift trucks, chippers, stump grinders, heavy brush mowers and equipment both for residential and commercial work. There must be a good reason for such success. We take pride in our work and protect your property, surrounding trees and landscape. Our team will welcome any tasks, from small residential jobs to large commercial contracts. The job will get done efficiently and safely. We are fully insured. Same full service at discount prices. We have an A+ rating with the BBB....

04/13/2015

Judith S.

We called them and they did not respond. ?We had used them before, but we had another job for them and they did not respond.

Description of Work
We wanted them to take down some more trees.

08/28/2014

Kimberley C.

Contract was written in November of 2013. Approx mid December I received a call and job was scheduled for December. When Metro came out, they said it was too cold to deliver topsoil and do finish grading so they could only do a portion of the job. They wanted partial payment and said to call in spring to schedule to finish the job. Unfortunately, the partial payment was 85% of the total, and 85% of the work was not done. I have called numerous times (at least 6) in spring and summer to schedule the finish of the job. They are always very polite and apologetic and always promise that the owner will contact me right away. Here we are at the end of August and I have never been contacted. They advertise in the local paper so its not that they are overloaded with work.

Description of Work
Contract was for stump removal, 7 yards of topsoil, grade and finish

06/20/2014

kristi B.

They called me right after i called to tell me they would call me back to schedule a quote and never called back

05/07/2014

Mary S.

Called back several times with no response. Finally gave up and used someone else.

Description of Work
Used them in December to remove a tree off my roof. Did a good job and they were very prompt. The price seemed high but when you a tree on your house can't be to picky. Call them again to take the rest of the tree down in April, they took all of my info and said someone would come out and give me a quote. No one ever showed up or returned my calls.

04/14/2014

linda H.

I woke up this morning to find that some strong winds had caused our 45 foot Spruce tree to fall across our driveway. I called and requested quotes from two highly rated tree companies and each of them arrived within a few hours. The first quote was quite high so I was hoping that the second estimate would be lower. Ron, the owner of Metropolitan TREE gave me a significantly lower, and fair price. He also arrived with all the proper equipment to complete the job so I didn't have to wait around for his crew to come back. The tree was blocking my way out of the driveway, and so they asked me if I wanted them to clear a path for me to get out. I did and I was able to get out of my driveway in about 45 minutes! All and all, Ron and his partner did an excellent job removing the downed Spruce and stump. I really appreciated the way they hauled everything away and did not leave a mess on my driveway. It was also nice of them to trim some branches on a large Locust tree that the Spruce fell into at no extra charge! They were nice, professional and approachable and I would definitely use them again! .

Description of Work
They removed a downed 45 foot Spruce tree on my driveway, and hauled away the stump and all debris. They also trimmed some tree branches on a locust tree that the Spruce fell into.

12/11/2013

Jeffrey F.

The job took several days because of the number of trees along with the weather and lack of daylight. Everyone was polite and worked very hard, in fact I often suggest they take a break. I was impressed with their professionalism and Robert directed his team with the difficult job of removing trees so close to the house. Bonnie my phone contact at the company kept me informed with the details. I would definitely recommend Metropolitan Tree Service especially if they had a large job.

Description of Work
Robert Gillon and his crew removed several large trees and stumps that were located very close to the house as well as triming 17 oaks along with cleaning up brush.

12/09/2013

Mark U.

Where do I begin! I recently had knee surgery and I am on a cane, and the day that the company was to come and cut the trees, it snowed and my driveway is up hill and covered with 2-3 inches of snow. The crew cleared my driveway so that they could bring their bucket truck up to cut the trees down. Now that is service!! I had two previous estimates, and Metropolitan Tree Inc., came in at half of what the other two contractors wanted to charge. Besides the two trees that I had contracted to come down, there was a old tree that had been cut down, but there remained a stub of the tree that rose about 8 feet. This stub was right next to the two trees that were cut down. The crew also cut this down and stacked all the wood in a neat pile. In addition to this, was another tree, which was leaning against our 6' stockade fence, and it was starting to touch the fence, which meant in a wind storm, the tree would probably fall and take approximately 100 foot of fencing with it, and end up in my neighbor's back yard. I was given an on the spot estimate, which again was great. This brings up the question, "would I use Metropolitan Tree, Inc. again?" Answer: YES YES YES!! the company prices are hard to beat, the care the crew took to make sure nothing hit the house (two trees were close to the residence), and the small branches were picked up and hauled away. Clean up was excellent and very professional. If your looking to have any tree service done, trust me, Metropolitan Tree Inc., is the company to call. After what they did for me, I will not look around at any other company...I am that impressed with their service!!

Description of Work
Old trees that needed to come down. Also another tree leaning on a fence.

11/04/2013

Joan B.

We had a quote for the service we requested that detailed what would be done. They went above and beyond what they said and our expectations. They showed up when they said they would, did a very professional job, and cleaned up the area before they left. The team worked non stop and were professional, friendly and efficient. We have had other work done outside the house before and had to go and close gates in the fence when they were done. Not this crew - everything was secured before they left. I would not hesitate to recommend this company to anyone, and would definitely have them out again when we need more tree service. You can't go wrong with these guys!

Description of Work
We had a LARGE tree removed from beside our driveway that was lifting the concrete, along with trimming a tree that was causing roof problems and elevating a pine tree.

10/23/2013

Sandra S.

Robert responded very quickly to my phone call and came out within a few days to give me an estimate. He was very professional and gave me a great price. He really seems very willing to work with customers (expecially Angie's List customers) on price and making it affordable. I was not at home when the job was done and it was done very professionally (could not tell that major tree removals had happened). They did a great job of cleaning up.From my understanding, they had a problem with two workers on the job who were fired on the spot. Even with the staff shortage, the job was done very well and professionally. There were follow up calls from Robert to ensure that the job was done to my satisfaction. I talked to the owner and he was also very receptive and responsive to my questions and needs. I would definitely use them again and refer them to friends.

Description of Work
Removed 4 trees from my backyard that were dead. Also ground down stump for one large tree in middle of my yard.

10/23/2013

mansi D.

Very well, I would recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
Trim few trees and big branches over hanging my house roof.

Turf One Inc

We can handle your entire lawn and garden maintenance needs, regardless of your lawn size or the time of year. From mowing, hedging and seasonal clean-ups to tree pruning, shrub/hedge trimming—we do it all. Our staff can even complete intricate garden plant/bedding maintenance services. We’re more than a fair-weather friend, providing snow plowing/salting services by experienced employees equipped with radio-dispatched trucks ready for Michigan’s tough winters

Otto Tree Service LLC

Otto Tree Service is located in Waterford serving Oakland County we are a one stop service for all your tree care needs. Our team is professional and educated in the industry. Your satisfaction is our priority, and we strive to provide a service we are proud of. We start every project by providing a thorough consultation to understand your goals and the needs of the project. We do this to guarantee that the project is completed according to your preferences.

Hamilton Tree Company

Our family owned & operated business was founded in 2019 with one goal in mind—to help property owners. We offer a complete range of tree services, including tree removal, pruning, and stump grinding for homeowners in the Mid-Michigan and surrounding areas. Being fully licensed & insured, we're equipped to handle any tree concern on residential and commercial properties, such as golf courses, parks, apartment complexes and schools. There is no task too large for us!

Satisfaction

We do not move or spray trees.

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Metropolitan Tree Inc.

How is Metropolitan Tree Inc. overall rated?

Metropolitan Tree Inc. is currently rated 4.6 overall out of 5.

What days are Metropolitan Tree Inc. open?

Metropolitan Tree Inc. is open:

What payment options does Metropolitan Tree Inc. provide

Metropolitan Tree Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check

Does Metropolitan Tree Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, Metropolitan Tree Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does Metropolitan Tree Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Metropolitan Tree Inc. does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Metropolitan Tree Inc. offer a senior discount?

No, Metropolitan Tree Inc. does not offer a senior discount.

Does Metropolitan Tree Inc. offer emergency services?

Yes, Metropolitan Tree Inc. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Metropolitan Tree Inc.?

No, Metropolitan Tree Inc. does not offer warranties.

What services does Metropolitan Tree Inc. offer?

Metropolitan Tree Inc. offers the following services: Discount tree removal, stump removal, tree trimming, land clearing, heavy brush mowing, for both residential and commercial customers. We also have seasoned firewood and wood chips available. Free estimates.

Are there any services Metropolitan Tree Inc. does not offer?

We do not move or spray trees.