Austin Brick Pavers LLC

Founded 1994 • With Angi since January 2012

We have been in business since 1994. During this time, we have installed hundreds of brick paver and natural stone landscapes throughout Southeastern Michigan. We carry Commercial Liability, Commercial Vehicle and Worker's Compensation Insurance. Take a look at our website to see our

Patio with Wall and FirepitGrand Outdoor Living SpaceFabulous Before & After

hardscaping (51)Patios (20)lawn & landscaping (10)stone & gravel (4)tile installation (3)snow removal (2)masonry (2)decks & porches (2)concrete repair (2)

06/02/2022

Jen G.

The crew was great! They worked hard, cleaned up after themselves, and the work is beautiful!

Description of Work
We have used them twice for brick paver jobs. First was a fire pit and then we hired them to build a patio around the fire pit and add a couple other small spaces.

Work Completed On 05/04/2021

Review for Austin Brick Pavers LLC - 1335 Kent Rd, Ortonville, MI - 39752372

06/02/2022

Jen G.

The workers did an amazing job, they were hard working and cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
Built a fire pit in 2017 and patio and front stairs in 2021

Category ceramic tile, hardscaping

Work Completed On 05/04/2021

Review for Austin Brick Pavers LLC - 1335 Kent Rd, Ortonville, MI - 39752376

07/09/2019

Michael R.

As a past customer I wasn't treated very good. They got one of their machines stuck in my backyard and a wrecker had to come and pull it out, it left a huge hole in my yard that Austin Brick Pavers never returned to fill in. During the course of my project I left two messages with Eric Austin and a week after I left my first message and a day after I left my second message I stopped at his place of business that is listed on their website. I thought he may have some family issues and that was the reason for not returning my calls. I talked to his wife {redacted personal contact information} and told her Eric wasn't returning my calls for over a week, she threatened to call the police on me, nothing like biting the hand that feeds you and your children. The brick pavers they installed have sunken causing water to collect there. I wouldn't recommend Austin Brick Pavers. I know Eric will come back and question why I wouldn't call about my sunken pavers, but if he wouldn't come back to fill in a huge hole why would he come back to correct a paver issue.

Description of Work
Stone work & brick paver work

Work Completed On 07/09/2016

05/27/2019

John P.

Austin was prompt in my response for a quote, and was able to start the job earlier than he first estimated, keeping in good touch by email thoughout the process. His team initially did some minor repair work leveling sections of the pavers, and then moved on to powerwashing out all the old built up dirt and moss from our pavers and surrounding landscaping blocks - including blocks in areas of the yard I did not think they were going to do. I was out of town for the work, and when I returned the transformation was amazing to see. Payment not required until the work was completed.

Description of Work
Brick paver and landscape block powerwash, repair, and polysand fill (1500 sq. ft.)

Work Completed On 05/21/2019

09/08/2018

Denise B.

They were professional, completed job as scheduled. Returned calls, responsive to what I wanted. Will recommend them to others needing brick work

Description of Work
Brick retaining wall

Category masonry, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

Work Completed On 09/08/2018

07/06/2018

Charles P.

First off, I will share that I am a Procurement Consultant and former Purchasing Manager and have regularly bid out services as well as advised clients on doing so. I’ve always had a “value first” approach and, while low price is important, it’s an overall value proposition that sells me on a company. We contacted 8 vendors for our project, which was to take an existing brick paver patio (approx. 14 x 18) and have it power washed, leveled, and re-finished (in this case, no sealer but swept with poly sand). I’ll take this opportunity to say that there are MANY predatory companies out there in brick pavers who are counting on an uneducated consumer. For our project, we received 7 quotes back that ranged in price from $475 to $3,810 for the project. Needless to say I dealt with a couple unethical vendors who tried to tell me I needed to have whole deck removed or some other line of bologna. The good news is that Austin Brick Pavers was one of the vendors that we sent a quote request to and who we ultimately selected. When Eric came out he was straightforward in what needed to be done and honest in that the work on the patio was mostly labor cost (and a few bags of cement and the poly sand). The price for the project was $580, which was toward the low end of our proposal options. Even better, there was no requirement for payment up front, which is why the low bid vendor was not chosen. The work was performed consistent with Eric’s timing estimate (just over a week out) and the two people who worked on it were both detail oriented and friendly. Eric even put down dirt around the patio so we could re-seed and have a finished look to the project. I’m pleased to report that, three weeks out, we are very happy with the work Austin Brick Pavers did and had an outstanding experience overall. I’d highly recommend Austin Brick Pavers for your project- with confidence.

Description of Work
To have an existing brick paver patio (approx. 14 x 18) and have it power washed, leveled, and re-finished.

Work Completed On 06/20/2018

Hi Chuck, Thank you again for the business! It made my day to receive such a nice review today. We've been working tirelessly this season to make sure our customers are as happy as possible. Have a wonderful summer and enjoy your restored patio. Eric

06/12/2018

Julie M.

Eric was first to respond to my inquiry. We set a date for him to come inspect the patio, and provide an estimate. He never showed. No phone call or email to indicate why.

Description of Work
Power washing, rehab of brick paver patio

Work Completed On 06/11/2018

05/22/2018

Robert C.

It went fantastic! I found Eric thru Angies list and had met with many companies. I knew right away we would go with Austin brickpavers. He was the only person who quoted us who actually had artistic ideas beyond a square standard patio, and was easy to talk to and quick to communicate with. He was fairly priced. We had a setback due to a flood and had to delay our project for a year. I saved our plans and we had the work done last week. The crew came and worked quickly, efficiently, and were all very kind and pleasant. The project only took a few days, and they cleaned up after themselves. My neighbor called me to tell me she was jealous of my beautiful patio. Everybody who has seen it is very impressed. I am so happy we were finally able to do this project and I feel we found the perfect company to have do it.

Description of Work
We had our deck removed and a Unilock paver patio installed.

Category patios

Work Completed On 05/18/2018

05/17/2018

Karen M.

Austin Brick Pavers EXCEEDED my (high) expectaions. Not only do we have a BEAUTIFUL patio but the hard-working crew made every phase of this project pleasurable. They are hardworking, respectful and courteous. It was very interesting to watch them all work together in a seemless and harmonious manner, thus finishing our project in a timely manner. Each member (of this amazing crew), has been meticulously taught how to perform their trade with great excellence by Eric, the companies owner. Eric, is a good example to his crew. He is very "hands-on" and works hard right along-side them. He is VERY good at communication and design. Thank you Austin Brick Pavers. We know we will enjoy our BEAUTIFUL Patio for many years to come.

Description of Work
Brick Patio

Work Completed On 05/14/2018

05/15/2018

nancy S.

I really can't put into words how SATISFIED WE are !!!!!! ERIC & HIS CREW ARE FANTASTIC!!!!I I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM !!!! I'm getting soooo many COMPLIMENTS ON OUR FIRE PIT !!!!! THANKS SOOOOO MUCH ERIC & YOUR CREW !!!

Description of Work
A retainer wall & pavers around a BEAUTIFUL fire pit !!!!

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 05/15/2018

05/03/2018

Jeff S.

Eric Austin did an outstanding job on both projects, crew was very professional and completed the job on schedule. Very good price, was a pleasure to deal with and would unequivocally recommend to others.

Description of Work
Paver Patio, Porch and walkway

Work Completed On 09/14/2017

05/02/2018

Sheryl G.

Eric and his crew were extremely professional. They were prompt to start the day early and worked extremely hard at a very difficult job. We had a lot of brickwork done, but before anything could happen they had to do a lot of tear out. They rebuilt our porch, put in a walkway and built landings going to our driveway, bricked the area in front of our garage and ten had to curve around to the back to put in our patio. They got it all right and it looked perfect. We are extremely happy with the job that they did and would highly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
We had a new porch, walkway, landings down to driveway, walkway in front of garage and a patio in the back of our home.

Work Completed On 07/10/2017

05/02/2018

Sheryl G.

The job was a very lengthy job due to how much was being bricked. It was an extremely hard job due to the location and getting the flow properly done from the porch which was in the front of the house, winding all the way to the back along the garage and to the patio. They did a fantastic job on everything. It looks beautiful. I even called them back for a few repairs and they were prompt to get here and to take care any problems. I would definitely recommend Austin Brick Pavers to do your job!

Description of Work
I had a porch rebuilt, a long walkway in front of my home as well as landings leading down to my driveway. They also bricked in front of my garage and wound around to the back of my home where they put in a patio.

Work Completed On 07/10/2017

07/03/2017

keith F.

Eric was quick to respond and initially professional. Also his pricing was in line with other quotes. His employees were always professional and while they were here there was no messing around. Updated 07032017 We ran into some issue with his work from last year. Whatever products he used to fill the paver stone patio keeps washing away. He attempted to fixed it 2 additional times with the same results. Since he was in the process of trying to fix it I paid him the final amount. BIG MISTAKE on my part. Once he was paid he was gone. Some how the original installation lasted 16 years but his work did not last 6 months. Do NOT expect the 2 year warranty to mean he will actually come back and fix what was not done right. The other complaint, this is minor in comparison, we never knew when his guys would be here. They would just show up. Knowing what i know now I would warn anyone to not pay in full until everything is complete and do NOT put any faith in his Warranty. I did get one response in the spring on a new estimate to fix and seal the patio. Basically it was full price. When i asked about the 2 year warranty on his previous work he went radio silent again.

Description of Work
We have lot with walkout basement. There are 13 flag stone steps down the hill to the back yard. After 16 years a few split during the winter last year. In addition our patio was in need of some repair work.

Work Completed On 07/03/2017

We are very disappointed to read this updated review. The industry-standard polymeric joining sand that is being washed away is 3 or 4 quarter-sized spots and is caused by poor direction of water falling from a wood deck above, not the result of poor craftsmanship or any error made by our crew. Unfortunately, sand will not win against repeated, concentrated flows of water. Brick pavers do fine in the elements but due to the direction and flow of rain wash coming from the customer's deck, the specific area takes an unusual amount of water. We repaired the rain-washed area at least three or four times in the Summer of 2016 and recommended sealing the project (as sealing a patio provides an additional barrier from the elements). Per our phone conversations, we informed the customer that we would stop in to re-sweep the area when we would pass through his area. The customer never indicated that he needed a specific date and time scheduled. In the Spring of 2017 we provided a new estimate for sealing (as the customer indicated in this review). The customer responded by indicating that he felt it was too high. There was no mention or question about the warranty. We have not by any means avoided calls or fell silent.

06/22/2017

Michael S.

Mr. Austin was extremely prompt and professional. He told us he would have a 3D rendering of our project in a couple of days and he delivered. The only reason we did not choose him was because of a family friend who provided a deep discount, but if that hadn't happened, we were fully prepared to go with Mr. Austin. I would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Paver patio in back yard and small patio/courtyard in front yard.

Work Completed On 05/26/2017

Thank you so much for your review! I enjoyed meeting you both, discussing your project and creating the 3D rendering. We definitely understand and respect that you chose to use your family friend. Have a wonderful Spring!

06/16/2017

Rachel H.

I would highly recommend Eric and crew, punctual always professional, project well communicated. We have received compliments on all his work. What a difference it has made, love it thanks Eric for job well done.

Description of Work
Old patio tear out, new patio pavers installed with sidewalks front and back along with new grill island.

Category patios

05/20/2017

Craig G.

GREAT COMPANY!! Eric Austin was very prompt in returning my calls and texts, even on the weekends. Eric worked with me until everything was exactly the way I wanted it, he had to rewrite the proposal three or four times because I kept changing my mind. He didn't mind at all and would always e-mail the new proposal immediately. His crew was very efficient, they came here to work and get the job done and they did exactly that. Jim, who oversaw the project and did the actual stone work was a perfectionist. I cannot say enough good things about the job he did and his ability to communicate how he was going to proceed with the project and why. I have already contacted Eric for a project I would like to have done next summer. This company deserves an A rating.

Description of Work
Curved four foot wide brick paver walkway

Work Completed On 05/08/2017

Thank you so much for the kind words. We especially appreciate hearing about our crew! We look forward to installing your next project this Summer. See you then!

05/12/2017

Ryan F.

Owner was very responsive to our inquiry and was able to work us into a tight timeline. He was professional through the scheduling process, communicative, showed up when he said he would, and did a great job for a fair price. What more could you ask for!? Before and after pictures attached. Would not hesitate to recommend.

Description of Work
Repaired large brick paver step and walk.

Work Completed On 05/12/2017

Review for Austin Brick Pavers LLC - 1335 Kent Rd, Ortonville, MI - 35024603

Thank you for such a nice review! Before and after pictures are our favorite. Thanks again!

03/13/2017

John F.

Kept driveway clear, shoveled entry way to garage. Very responsive and reasonably priced.

Description of Work
Driveway plowing

Category snow removal

Work Completed On 02/01/2017

02/09/2017

Stephanie E.

The project went wonderfully, and was completed in a timely manner. Eric and his crew ran into some grading issues that he addressed with professionalism that impressed my husband and I. His crew were respectful, prompt, and cleaned up well after themselves. Eric always communicated every detail of the project so my husband and I were aware of each step of the process. Highly recommended, as a matter of fact, my parents will be using Austin Brick Pavers this summer!

Description of Work
Eric and his crew installed a roughly 16,000 sq. ft. patio by my pool. It is a beautiful Brussels stone in a "Y" pattern, with an added border detail in Court Stone. Because the patio is by my pool, it was necessary to install a drainage system, which seemed like added work my husband and I hadn't anticipated, but Eric and his crew took the task on with no problem! We look forward to enjoying our patio for many many years to come!

Work Completed On 05/13/2016

10/02/2016

keith F.

Eric was quick to respond and professional. Also his pricing was in line with other quotes. His employees were always professional and while they were here there was no messing around. They should up and go straight to work. We ran into some issue with a new product Eric tried that did not work out so well but he responded quickly and worked to correct the situation. The only complaint i would have is we would not get much notice when his guys would be here. Knowing this i would still hire him again

Work Completed On 09/02/2016

07/02/2016

Clint H.

Austin competed the job on time to a higher quality than I expected. This walkway will last more than 25 years into the future. I took Eric's recommendation on the back steps and i am glad i did, it fits in better with the house than what i had initially wanted. The only criticism I had was with communications. This did not affect the installation but kept me guessing when the work would actually start. I was the proactive party and Eric responded to my texts and emails rather than the reverse. The quality and speed of the work more than overcame this minor issue. I would hire Austin again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Austin replaced a meandering, 25 year old brick paver walkway, and demo'd and replaced a masonry back stoop and steps. When discussing the project with Eric (the owner) i discovered he is an architect from Lawrence Tech, Being an architect myself, we immediately understood each other and a contract quickly followed. i had a fairly large schedule window available for Austin to work within, so that was no problem. Their price was also lower than the competition.

Work Completed On 06/16/2016