Custom Built Design & Remodeling

Founded 2001 • With Angi since November 2009

4.1

Custom Built Design & Remodeling is a custom home remodeling contractor. We ask our customers what they want, listen closely to their answers, then design and build to the customer's specifications. Our capabilities include custom designed cabinets, custom kitchens, custom bathrooms, basements and more. Some tell us there seems to be no limits to our creativity. We like that. Custom Built Design & Remodeling will go to any length to ensure that our customers receive the level of customization they desire for their home. No custom home remodeling project is too extreme for us!...

Brunette Home Improvement

Brunette Home Improvement

Brunette Home Improvement was established in 1985 by Mark Brunette in Lansing, Michigan. With nothing more than a truck, some tools, and a lot of determination, Brunette has grown from this small one-man operation into the cornerstone company you know today. With thousands of jobs under his belt, Mark continues to grow the company with his wife, his son, and a team of craftsmen specializing in their respective areas of expertise. Get in touch about your roofing, remodeling, or siding project

08/19/2017

VERY POORLY. The lack of response from the beginning should have been my first indication that they were not a company I should hire. It took sending them a second email inquiring if someone was going to contact me, since that's what it says on their generic email response. I finally received a call from Michael Foley about 5 days later. I had about a 25 minute conversation with Michael to discuss...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We had some deck repair/update needs.

05/08/2017

Everyone at Custom Built was phenomenal to work with. They were very professional, detail-oriented, and strong/timely communicators. We'll certainly be reaching out to work with them again on future home projects, and would recommend their services to others.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We worked with Custom Built to have a home office installed in our new construction home. Services included: cabinet/workspace counter design and installation, moving a cold air return, moving a few outlets and adding cable, and wallpaper installation.

CATEGORY custom cabinets,countertops,electrician,wallpaper

10/29/2015

Mike Flory came to the house in early June and gave me an estimate of $2500.00. I gave him a down payment of $1000.00. He said the company was very busy but would fit the job in when possible. In early October, the job was begun. It took the better part of 3 days to complete. Everything looks very good. I am satisfied with the work. I do think it was pretty expensive but I guess that is typical.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
He replaced a rotten board on a decorative deck under a garage window and a rotten top rail on the same type of deck on the second floor. The decorative deck under the garage window was completely deconstructed, then reconstructed, replacing the rotten board. He found that the deck was not quite level and that joists needed to be sistered. He took care of both of those issues The second floor deck top rail was replaced and all exposed lumber was restained with left over house stain.

CATEGORY decks,house painters

08/24/2015

Played phone tag for awhile then my husband thought he had an appointment via the secretary on a Wednesday am for which he stayed home from work but no one ever showed?!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Called early in the Spring for a deck remodel with tree.

02/03/2015

The workers were courteous and the quality is excellent. It was very pricey so my expectations for quality were high, and they provided it, plus they provide a warranty. Because contractors were so slammed in 2014, the deck didn't get started until about two months after originally projected, so that was a bit disappointing but understandable. I would recommend them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Custom Built built a deck for me.

CATEGORY decks

Kitchen Remodeling, Bathroom Remodeling, Basement Remodeling, Basement Finishing, Home Additions, Sunrooms, 3-Season Rooms, Aging-In-Place Modifications, Deck Building, Deck Design, Deck Repair, Patios, Porches, Entrance Ramps, Gazebos, Pergolas, Wood Fences, Home Improvement Services, Roofing, Window Replacements, Door Replacements, Heating & Cooling Installations, Plumbing Installations, Electrical & Lighting Upgrades, Hardwood Floor Refinishing, Interior Painting.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing