Biondo Design & Build

Founded 1982 • With Angi since May 2010

19355 Fry Rd

Northville, MI 48167

Biondo Design & Build is a custom home builder and remodeling company. Our philosophy of ethical practices, attention to the smallest detail, timeliness, and personalized service are just a few of the ways we have earned our clients’ trust. We are a general contracting firm, using only the most trusted sub-contractors, and we closely oversee your project until it is finished....

01/16/2018

Nancy W.

Kevin was recommended to us by our architect. We are restoring a historic home, and we needed to make structural changes as well as expand and renovate the kitchen and family room. Kevin and his sub-contractors did a tremendous job. He made sure that every detail was just as we had asked, even when it meant milling moldings from scratch and installing custom, reclaimed wood floors. His workers were professional, talented and pleasant. They always kept things safe and clean. At the end of the renovation, we could not be happier with the results. Everyone says our place is beautiful. We are looking forward to have Kevin start the next stage in our renovation soon.

Description of Work
Restoration and renovation of historic home

Category countertops, electrician, excavators, masonry, plumbing, remodeling, fireplaces, woodworking, home remodeling

12/21/2017

Judith Z.

I can not praise the quality of workmanship enough. We are absolutely ecstatic with our addition. Everything was done so professionally from the original design to changes we wanted, as the project was on going, to the finished project. Kevin and his workman were the best and we are so glad we chose Biondo Design. Ten stars to them!!!

Description of Work
We had a 780sq ft in-law addition with living space w/ fireplace, bathroom, bedroom and small kitchen

Category concrete repair, countertops, decks, electrician, excavators, heating & air conditioning/hvac, masonry, plumbing, roofing, siding, replacement windows, fireplaces, garage builders, home builders, woodworking, architect

04/03/2017

Mary P.

No response.

Description of Work
I contacted them to get an estimate for a second story remodel. They don't respond to email or phone calls.

Category home builders

Hello [Member Name Removed], Unfortunately, your project was out of our radius of services. Our office tried to reach you via phone but were unable, and did not pursue any further contact. We sincerely apologize for this lack of communication, and wish you luck on any future home improvement projects. Sincerely, Biondo Design & Build

02/17/2016

Chris P.

Kevin and his crew did an amzing job on our addition. My husband was sold on Biondo Build & Design doing the work, I was not as sure. My husband was right! If we ever need work again, we will hire Kevin. Below are a few of the reasons. 1. Responsive - Kevin answered his phone or got back to us promtly. When I was upset about a bathroom fixture on installation day, he made the issue a priority. He went and found the part that was needed, and made sure I was satisfied. 2. Still Responsive - After the addition was complete and final payment made, we had a problem with the bathroom fan. Kevin answered our call as always and took care of the issue. 3. Expertise - We interviewed various contractors and many were concerned about moving the wires on the house to bring everything to code. Some told us that the electirc company would have to get invoved and expect big delays. Kevin was confident of code and his crew handled everything. No big delays. At one point, I called the city to ask about adding on to our project. The city inspector said "You're with Kevin Biondo, don't worry. It will be done correctly and to code." Every inspector that came to our home was positive and affirming of Kevin's work. 4. Quality- We had a tight budget, but Kevin worked within it. He went out of his way to find a high quality flooring option in our budget. The floor needed to be water proof and extend through three rooms. We have a beautiful Cortex floor, thanks to Kevin. Every step of the way Kevin made sure the job was done well. He came regularly to inspect the work done. 5. Considerate - We have four young children. Every workman who entered our home was aware of them. They took extra steps for their safety and made sure we understood any possible dangers. For example, they added extra boards to keep the addition closed off from our living area and then showed me why I should not let the kids into the building area. It was a pleasure doing buisness with Biondo Design & Build. They deserve an A+++ for their committment to a job well done!

Description of Work
600 square foot addition off the back of tri-level home

09/04/2015

Colm B.

Description of Work
Master Bathroom make over. Kevin Biondo and his crew were fantastic. They performed their jobs professionally and courteously. Kevin himself is a stickler for details, which is a great thing. He made sure that he and I were aligned on all details, and then he made sure his crew was aligned, which made the job come out the way I expected. I heartily recommend Kevin and his crew, and the only thing I would suggest to other homeowners is to stick to the things you really want (e.g., particular feature or brand). Kevin will accommodate it, even if he suggests going with another brand.

Category electrician, masonry, remodeling, home builders

08/21/2015

Jeff L.

Slow but the outcome was fantastic. We gave Kevin an idea of what we were looking for as far as look, layout, functionality, etc. He came up with initial sketches which were pretty close to what we had in mind. We made some minor modifications to the plan, and then got started. We had to do quite a bit of site work with utilities and excavation, which resulted in multiple delays (most of which were out of Kevin's control). The workmanship on the garage is very good. Kevin consulted with us on every detail of the project - layout of the driveway, stone on the exterior, roof & paint colors, lighting options - and gave his opinion on what would work and not work. Kevin's stone mason is amazing! The garage came out looking exactly like I pictured. I would work with Kevin again on any home project.

Description of Work
Kevin designed and built our 3 car carriage house garage

Category electrician, excavators, masonry, pavers, gravel, home builders

01/12/2015

Thomas M.

Both my wife and are extremely happy with the quality of work performed. We could not be happier with the outcome of the shed.

Description of Work
Installed a Cedar shed, added a concrete pad and stained the shed

Category garage builders, home builders

08/04/2014

Veronica T.

We chose Kevin because we felt he understood our main concern, having a room with a good roof line with gutters and a more durable- leak free attachment to our existing home. The final design results in the room blending in flawlessly with the rest of our structure with maximum view to our back yard. We are very pleased with the outcome! Kevin is attentive to detail and always kept us informed on the work schedule. He and his team take pride in their work, do a good job, and have a great work ethic.

Description of Work
Kevin replaced a leaking glass patio enclosure with an all season sunroom using the existing foundation.

Category home builders, sunrooms, patios

04/28/2014

GABRIEL M.

Kevin and his team were consistently responsive and punctual. They always cleaned up after themselves at the end of the day and were always courteous. We had a baby, multiple cats, and a dog in the house while construction was going on and they were always very considerate and clean.

Description of Work
Kevin and his team remodeled our kitchen, including taking out a closet and adding an island. He also had to stitch in new wood floors along with the existing.

Category remodeling, home builders

04/18/2014

Brett J.

We had an idea of what we wanted. Kevin listened, added his input and it all turned out well. He has great attention to detail. Will hire again.

Description of Work
Remodeled kitchen and add a half bath.

Category remodeling, home builders

03/17/2014

Katherine G.

Before we purchased our new home, Kevin came and looked at the home, walked through with us, and helped us see the potential of the foreclosed home. He was VERY thorough and detail oriented. It was not an easy process, but Kevin made it as smooth as it could be. He was very hands-on and was always prompt in returning phone calls. During the 9-10 months of work, I always felt like we were his only clients, even though he had lots of other projects going on at the same time. My husband is an engineer, and expects perfection in the small details-Kevin met this challenge and delivered what was expected. Biondo Design and Build should promote that it and quot;catersand quot; to engineers!

Description of Work
Total remodel and addition of a foreclosed house.

03/08/2014

Susan B.

I wish I could upload pictures to this site - because the results are amazing. I am really happy with everything he has done for us. This builder saved me from myself many times. First he and quot;redesignedand quot; the original architectural drawings so they were more in line with what I was saying I wanted. When I selected a tile (one that would NOT have been right in the room), he counseled me and got me to change my mind. The result is sooo much better than it would have been. He helped with color selections, make product recommendations (fireplace, windows, etc.) and was VERY responsive to my requests. He worked around our busy time schedule and often met late at night or on weekends when it was convenient for us. I would recommend Biondo Design and Build to anyone.

Description of Work
The builder removed an old glass sun room and rotting deck and built a 4 season room with a stone fireplace, and a huge trex deck complete with hot tub and pergola.

03/04/2014

Carol D.

Kevin helped to plan, design and build our new home. He spent countless hours on making sure that we had what we wanted. He was very good about keeping in touch, and keeping us in the loop. As a general contractor for our project, Kevin had excellent crews. All of the sub-contractors were great to work with, and always made a point to introduce themselves when they saw us on site. The home was finished in November 2013 and Kevin has continued to stay touch to make sure that we are satisfied and are not having any problems or concerns.

Description of Work
Built our new home.

10/24/2012

Rex W.

gave great deal of time with no charge-was at house twice with at least 4 calls was going to do the the job for free having his crew needed more money do it on the side

Description of Work
Kevin is a very honest person tried to help my mom his mom is same age - would not take her money fix would work for maybe a year or two - he spent at least 3 hrs trying to figure something out.

Category home builders, drain pipe

06/06/2012

Lori F.

I hired Kevin Biondo to do several projects on my vintage Cape Cod, and couldn't be happier with the results! I had my roof replaced, including the replacement of rotted roof beams, had insulation added to the attic, and had gutters and leaf guards installed. Because of the pitch of my roof, the design of the roofline itself, and the configuration of my driveway, other companies either felt that gutter installation would be impossible, or sketched designs that would have been garish and distracting. Kevin was able to design a way to install the gutters so that they were both aesthetically pleasing and efficient. He uses top quality materials that are designed to last and does not cut corners.He and his crew are meticulous, honest and conscientious. They take pride on their work and do an excellent job of communicating with you throughout the job. I was also very impressed with the effort his crews put into daily cleanup. I have several dogs, and each day the crew went around with magnets making sure no nails or debris were left on the ground that could injure them. I even saw them checking to make sure my gate was latched securely! The Biondo team's worth ethic is not something you often see these days. I give them my highest recommendation! Contact Info: Biondo Design and BuildEmail: biondodesignbuild@comcast.net | Phone: (248) 349-9958 | Northville, MI 48167biondodesignbuild.com

Description of Work
Roof shingle replacement (tear off), rotted roof beam replacement, attic insulation installation, gutter and leaf guard installation

Category remodeling, roofing, home builders, drain pipe

Above All Masonry & Construction LLC

From chimney cleaning to a new roof, we can help improve the look and value of your home or business. We have over 25 years experience adn we are fully insured and licensed. Above All Masonry & Construction, LLC is dedicated to home beautification and restoration for both Residential and Commercial properties. Protecting our clients' investment with durable, guranteed products, increasing home values and our professional, courteous employees are all sources of pride. We treat every project like its our own home. We are a member of the Better Business Bureau and the Detroit and Downriver Business Association.

Dominion Service Company

At Dominion Service Company, we are dedicated to making your home comfortable. Our expert technicians provide installation, maintenance, repair, and replacement services for your home HVAC systems. With extensive experience in the heating and cooling business, Dominion will create a custom HVAC solution that is right for you. Contact Us

All Type Landscape Co

Over 41 years of operation in Outstanding Landscape design, Paver's, Hardscaping, Retaining walls and Drainage Systems, installations. All Type Landscape was founded in 1979, 41 years ago with one goal in mind - to provide full range superior landscaping services, including landscaping, hardscaping and drainage solutions, all at affordable rates. Our company has grown over the years from a few person operation into a full staff of professionals able to meet your every landscaping needs. We are dedicated to building long term relationships with our clients by providing the highest standard of quality on each and every project we do. Our reputation for customer satisfaction in the S/E Michigan area is what has made All Type Landscape an award winning customer service company.

New construction. Remodeling-basement, general, kitchen & bathroom. Additions. Decks. Demolition. Electrical. Fireplaces. Garages. Handicap accessible. Handyman. Heating. House moving. Landscaping. Pavers. Plumbing. Siding. Site clearing. Stone work & masonry. Window replacement.